Sub /DNC Waltz Potency Weirdness..

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Sub /DNC Waltz Potency Weirdness..
Sub /DNC Waltz Potency Weirdness..
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-04-26 13:53:24  
Is it just me or is the waltz potency formula on BG Wiki inaccurate for sub /DNC Curing Waltz (Curing Waltz III is what I've tested so far)?

This is my waltz set:
ItemSet 372574

This set has 50% waltz potency and 25% received. Supposedly caps are supposed to be 50% for potency, 30% for received.

"Waltz" potency:
+5% Yamarang
+11% Herculean gloves
+3% Valseur's ring
+10% Toutatis's cape
+10% Dashing subligar
+11% Herculean boots

"Waltz" potency received:
+9% Mummu bonnet +2
+13% Passion jacket
+3% Asklepian ring

Went to Dho Gates today to test if Brygid +CHR would increase my potency at all before I went after upgrading some Unity gear for it. When I went to use the formula on BG wiki it wasn't adding anything up to the amount I was getting and I was far below it, 729. I made certain i was fully swapped in the set and had low enough HP and was still getting the same amount. Then I removed/replaced 5%, 10%, 11% potency pieces without affecting vit/chr stats and still was getting 729. When I only removed the Asklepian Ring (-3% waltz received) my cure amount would go down to 715. When only lowering waltz potency by 15% by changing my ammo and cape my cure amount finally lowered to 715 as well. Brygid did raise my cure amount by 3 to 732.

BG wiki says waltz potency is calculated this way:
Quote:
Equation: HP Cured = floor((Waltz Potency gear + Waltz Potency Received) ×floor( M×(User's CHR + Target's VIT) + B + 2*(Waltz Job Point Tiers) ) )

What I sort of expected according to BG's equation:
175% * .375(266+216)+270
175% * 450 = 787

Or if potency/received is not added together:
150% * 125% * 450 = 843

What I got in game: 729

From what I could tell the floor( M×(User's CHR + Target's VIT) was fine and not hitting a cap and my received gear isn't being capped either at 25%. What doesn't make sense to me is how waltz potency and overall cure amount is being calc'd (doesn't make sense to simply add potency and potency received gear either). In any case it definitely feels like /DNC waltz potency gear is capped somewhere around 37%~38%, but I can't seem to make any of the math work out to the amounts I was seeing. If anyone can point out what I'm doing wrong or if the equation is wrong I would appreciate it, thanks.

Edit: Added gear potency amounts.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-04-26 14:50:22  
I only see 28% potency and I see the 25% received. So where is the other 22% potency coming from?
By Aquatiq 2020-04-26 14:53:31  
Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
I only see 28% potency and I see the 25% received. So where is the other 22% potency coming from?

11% on each herc piece
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-26 15:29:21  
I'm not even trying to derail but I had no idea Waltz Potency was even a JSE cape stat. Mind.Blown. Thank you.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-04-26 17:03:55  
The last time I tested this extensively (2011), Waltz potency was capped at 30%, VIT/CHR totals over 400 were pretty outlandish, and /DNC couldn't use Curing Waltz III (iirc).

Unless I misinterpreted your tests, it appears that:
* Removing 3% Waltz received did affect your cured amount
* Adding CHR did affect your cured amount
* Removing up to 11% Waltz potency did not affect your cured amount
* Removing 15% Waltz potency did affect your cured amount

Because removing 3% Waltz received and 15% Waltz potency both brought you to 715, I suspect that they put you at the same place for your (Waltz potency + Waltz received) term.

Simplest answer is that for some reason Waltz potency caps at 37% for /DNC. They make no mention of it here and I kind of doubt anyone checked. There is clearly a cap for it that is below 50%, so the question is not really whether there is a cap lower than 50% Waltz potency for /DNC, but whether there's *also* another problem to find.

Heck, might be broken for DNC main right now for all I know.

An alternative is that you have 13% Waltz Potency from some source you aren't considering. For instance, perhaps Passion Jacket actually just gives Waltz potency (not received). Then you would be 13% over the Waltz Potency cap and everything would work out. This seems most likely to me. Someone reported this on the xiah page in 2016:
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/25727/passion-jacket

Case closed!
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-04-26 17:12:27  
oh that's interesting, I'll have to check in a little while, thanks :-)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-04-26 17:13:59  
No problem. I compared the Japanese for the waltz effect on the piece to Yamarang and Mummu Bonnet +2 and it matches Yamarang, so it is just normal Waltz Potency pretty much for sure:
Code
ワルツ回復量+13% : Passion

被ワルツ回復量+9% : Mummu+2

ワルツ回復量+5% : Yamarang
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-04-26 20:41:21  
Numbers seem to hash out now with that change :-) Thanks again Byrth, now to figure out the optimal waltz set.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-26 21:13:38  
Really not going to change by much, finding pieces with received+ basically don't exist.

Really only end up gaining a couple vit/chr from the hand foot or body optimal swap. Most gain is herc feet to relic feet that I see.

Ashera Harness VIT+9 CHR+11
Raetic Bangles +1 VIT+8 CHR+19
Relic Feet +3 VIT+12 CHR+17

(and I'm pretty sure handler's NQ > enchanters+1)
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-04-26 22:16:45  
Yea realizing most changes will be small. If I focused purely on CHR I could probably make sures on other's a little better, maybe close to 700. Think I'm just going to go with Raetic since it offers that slim chance at absorbing hits for the second it's on with MP. Was thinking of swapping Asklepian for Carby ring +1, but there's no difference (after Raetic swap) due to rounding. Cures with Raetic on self get bumped up to 745, which isn't too bad.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-04-27 11:20:15  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
No problem. I compared the Japanese for the waltz effect on the piece to Yamarang and Mummu Bonnet +2 and it matches Yamarang, so it is just normal Waltz Potency pretty much for sure:
Code
ワルツ回復量+13% : Passion

被ワルツ回復量+9% : Mummu+2

ワルツ回復量+5% : Yamarang

so the only waltz potency received is from mummu anf everthing else is normal waltz potency capping at 50%?
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-04-27 12:04:42  
For THF Asklepian ring (+3%) and Mummu bonnet (+9%) seem to be the only "received" options. Everything else including the mistranslated Passion jacket are towards the normal 50% waltz potency cap.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-04-27 21:21:59  
yes I played around with it today to confirm for myself and the ring def works, head appeared to also as expected.

Theres no other waltz received gear out there that I know of though... sucs back is waltz and not received.