Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide
Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-10-13 17:50:53  
On your turtle set I would suggest these changes if feasible: Futhark Torque +2 (although I think you can still hit 50 DT- with the following set with Loricate +1). Replace the Eabani Earring with a fully augmented Odnowa +1. This will give you the DT- to swap the Flume for Engraved Belt for the potential of 1/8th resists. And if you're using Refined Grip+1 you can even swap out the ammo piece for something with a little offense. Personally, I use the Coiste Bodhar in my Inquartata Set.
 Asura.Trickflo
サーバ: Asura
user: Efan
By Asura.Trickflo 2021-10-13 23:56:12  
Is refined grip worth using over utu before being augmented? I was planning on getting the torque and earring when I can get another 60m together and I'll look into getting carbuncle done thanks for the advice.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-10-14 00:27:31  
Asura.Trickflo said: »
Is refined grip worth using over utu before being augmented? I was planning on getting the torque and earring when I can get another 60m together and I'll look into getting carbuncle done thanks for the advice.

Probably not as long as you're still hitting 50 DT-
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-14 08:20:21  
I'm actually a fan of Alber Strap when I'm solely tanking, not DDing.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-10-14 12:20:18  
Asura.Geriond said: »
I'm actually a fan of Alber Strap when I'm solely tanking, not DDing.

I've never considered one of those. I like that Enmity+. Looks like I have some WoC in my future.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-10-14 12:20:46  
I was a big fan of Refined Grip +1 until Nyame came out. Now, there isn't as much compromising between DT & MEva so I just don't find Refined Grip to be necessary anymore. Capping DT is ridiculously easy. I miss the defense a little, but the 70 HP on Utu more than makes up for it.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [403 days between previous and next post]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2022-11-21 18:17:13  
I like Refined +1 for the DEF and +Parry still when tanking though.
By Vaerix 2022-11-21 19:18:18  
Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
I like Refined +1 for the DEF and +Parry still when tanking though.

Sadly it's Parry skill not Parry rate. Does anyone have the values for what Parry skill actually picks us up off the 5% floor?

Inquartata is applied after the floor so was looking for skill values that will increase us beyond inquartata/battuta, even though now we can have almost 100 without any skill with JA's popped.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [202 days between previous and next post]
By Ymora 2023-06-11 20:16:05  
I'm looking some things over with more detail than I have previously, and I'm wondering: what's the point of Battuta dealing counter damage on parry? To my knowledge, no spike/similar effects ever generate enmity when they're triggered. I guess it's to give some flavor because it requires one or more runes to use? I figure there must be some reason, but I'm hoping the reason isn't just that SE ran out of ideas on what augment to give the relic head.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-06-12 00:17:22  
The spikes damage is pretty much pointless. Just like reprisal.

About the Relic head augment though... Turns out that it actually increases parry rate during Battuta.

Testing from a JP Blog. This one is... unusually hard to read google translated. But there's enough there.
Quote:
Summary Futhark Band's Batuta effect up increases parry rate if equipped when Batuta is activated.
And really, you want the relic head anyway as a Phalanx, piece. May as well swap it in on Battuta.
[+]
By Ymora 2023-06-12 13:49:48  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
And really, you want the relic head anyway as a Phalanx, piece. May as well swap it in on Battuta.

For sure, I already had it for that and was definitely swapping for Battuta. Just hadn't specifically looked at the augment in a while. Glad to hear that part is actually useful though.

For future readers, the blog link does seem to note that the bonus parry rate lingers after removing relic head. Glad to hear the augment isn't pointless :)
By Dodik 2023-06-17 08:10:27  
Fellow keepers of the rune.

What do your Odyssey v25 tanking sets look like these days?
 Bahamut.Skald
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-06-17 11:49:49  
Quote:
Epeolatry
Refined Grip +1
Yamarang
Nyame Helm
Nyame Mail
Nyame Gauntlets
Erilaz Leg Guards +3
Erilaz Greaves +3
Warder's Charm +1
Engraved Belt
Sanare Earring
Erilaz Earring +2
Icecrack Ring
Shadow Ring
Ogma's Cape - INT+20, Eva+20 /Meva+20, Meva+10, Enmity+10, Meva+15
That's what I used for Arebati. Full timed sub 50% when full dispels started, no need for shell. Irenic vs Refined was something I considered but never made the swap.
By Dodik 2023-06-17 14:24:05  
Yeah +2 earring isn't happening.

Interesting you prefer Nyame body to empy +3 though. Empy +3 is -9 MEVA but +2 mdef, as well as more MP recovery.
[+]
By Taint 2023-06-17 14:41:20  
Dodik said: »

Interesting you prefer Nyame body to empy +3 though. Empy +3 is -9 MEVA but +2 mdef, as well as more MP recovery.

And the set bonus. Meva is so high on RUN that 9 isn't doing anything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Skald
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-06-17 15:42:55  
NQ earring suffices in that set with refined or irenic, it's there primarily for the meva and regen pot(when I could find time to cast it). End goal was Meva/MDB/element while bolstering INT/VIT without having to rely on reapplying costly shell 5's throughout the fight.

Regarding body I do like the idea of more chance to absorb though it would require icecrack/gelatinous/vengeful/purity to be defending if using NQ erilaz or gelatinous with any dt roll on a +1, barring additional swaps. Definitely viable as well I think.

I prefer to take every point of meva I can get when rounding out a set for a fight like that. Relentless fetters and nukes were the big threat while being perpetually choked and it felt like maximizing resists was the best way to keep things steady and easy on the pld.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-06-17 17:30:10  
Makes sense. Eabani has higher meva than Sanare though if wanting to maximize meva.

I'd also worry about dropping a lot of HP without a lot of the +HP gear. But if it makes you resist a lot more probably worth it.
By Pantafernando 2023-06-18 07:01:57  
Dodik said: »

I saw you can send the earring to same account so in theory you can multiply your chances to +2 up to 16 times.

Just need a bit of work to have mules to access to basement
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-06-18 11:42:40  
Nyame also has more Defense which shouldn't be ignored on RUN either. I found a bit of defense to go a long way in V25s. Especially Ongo where you likely use an axe instead of Epeo for Ruinator. Ongo was hitting me for 0 most of the time with magic, but some of his melee attacks hit for 400+. I want to say it was the one where he pecks you with his beak? One of them hits really hard.

That said, I've become a big fan of using the cape's Resin augment for Defense. Lose 15 MEva and gain 50 Defense. With that, I kept the AF body (comparable to Empy) instead of using Nyame Mail, and got similar results.

As for Sanare vs Eabani, I assume it's because Sanare also has a nice chunk of MDB. That earring is under-rated as well. Eabani does have the HP though, which can be nice if your idle set can benefit from it.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-06-19 11:32:33  
Thanks for the input. Only issue is dropping 250ish HP to get the above, which is probably worth it for the resists.

Will have to experiment with a similar set in sortie a bit. Probably more meva focused with nyame body and high def food on top.
By Trillium 2023-06-22 11:22:58  
Ya, the MP refresh is not to be overlooked, it can let you ignore c pulse or make it less crucial to swap to dark runes to free you up. Esp. If tvr tank ring is a thing, you could get background refresh quickly. Sometimes you won't need it and it is wasted though. All stuff situational, but only so many slots for those who play multiple jobs and have limited equip slots and macros.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-07-03 15:21:29  
I used to believe more than 1 runes doesn't affect Rayke Potency and that 1 is more than enough to get the maximum effect about elemental resistance ranks etc.

I wonder though... has this been tested recently to see if it's really true?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-07-03 15:46:44  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I used to believe more than 1 runes doesn't affect Rayke Potency and that 1 is more than enough to get the maximum effect about elemental resistance ranks etc.

I wonder though... has this been tested recently to see if it's really true?

It's a very noticeable difference between a 1 Rune Rayke and 3 Rune Rayke. Each Rune up reduces the resistance tier by 1. So on a target that doesn't have much in terms of resistances the most you're getting out of it is nuke wall mitigation. But in the case of stuff like Ongo who has a very high resistance using 3 runes can cut it from a 70% resist (using random numbers here) down to a 40% resist and increase your damage significantly. This is detailed on the Rayke page and the Resist page on BG-wiki
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-07-05 12:33:52  
There are basically 2 parts to rayke. The part of it that lowers resistance ranks is 1 rank per rune, so if you need this effect (you usually do) you want all 3 runes for sure. As an example, on Ongo it lets you go from the 30% rank (-70% damage) to 40% (-60%), 50 or 60 depending on number of runes used. This can be very significant because anything 50% or worse means a forced 1/2 resist on top of actual percentage reduction.

The part of it that cuts the nuke wall penalty in half (from -60% to -30% iirc) doesn't care how many runes you use, so if you're doing MB strat on a monster that isn't particularly resistant to whatever element you're using 1 rune can sometimes be "fine", while 3 would probably still be better.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-07-05 13:54:36  
Impractical question, but has there been any gear introduced since sortie and oddessy that would let me play loldd run

Aside from ashera harness the other options last time I played with lionheart were adhemar.

Nyame seems ok but I was hoping for maybe a better combo. Not looking to tank purposes but for entertainment and to grind out master levels
By Dodik 2023-07-05 15:32:12  
Short answer, no. Some combination nyame, Empy and su3 is pretty decent but nothing to write home about for dd.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-07-05 16:18:41  
Not really, SE has been pretty firm on RUN gets no DD gear since omen era ended for the most part
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-07-05 16:42:23  
Well... Nyame A is probably among the best you could be asking for on RUN DD, but of course nobody is gonna go that path.
I gotta say a couple of R25+ Nyame B pieces are not too bad for DD though?

And if you want huge amounts of acc/att with the benefit of pretty good overall stats, there's a few Empy+3 pieces I guess? Granted they're clearly not meant for DD purpose but... you get what I mean.
By Nariont 2023-07-05 17:00:51  
Nothing wrong with nyame really, would assumes hes looking more along the lines of adhemar though, which yeah, RUN doesnt get stuff like that anymore

Obligatory RUN shoulda been on gleti's set
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-07-05 17:07:41  
Mpaca's because I'm greedy. Killer effects would have been...killer.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15