Save The Post Office!!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » save the post office!!
save the post office!!
By ScaevolaBahamut 2020-05-12 14:54:09  
The only arm of the Federal Government not intended to operate at a loss is the IRS.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2020-05-12 15:45:18  
The USPS being forced to earn and hold over half a century's worth of retirement funds happened earlier than 2016. Why are you trying to use 2016 as evidence that they have always been a money sink when the law that forced a massive money sink on them was in 2006?
Doing so is confusing because now i can't tell if you're being disingenuous or you have trouble understanding the concept of how time or math works in relation to the topic at hand with neither option being appealing.
 Valefor.Commodus
サーバ: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-12 15:55:04  
It's always amazing to see a thread like this get brigaded by leftists repeating the exact same talking point. This time it's a reference to "Bush forcing the USPS to pay pensions that they promised to pay their employees." Are you guys all on a talking point mailing list? Because there's no way you all know this one obscure piece of information from 14 years ago. It's almost as if... you've all been brainwashed by one headline you read or fake comedy show bit you saw.

So far we've been told that we need to keep the USPS because it employs a lot of people... but that it needs to run at an enormous deficit because they have to pay those people money that they promised to pay them. That's not a good argument for keeping it running as-is. That actually supports restructuring it completely, or dissolving it and allowing private mail carriers to pick up the business.

If the USPS disappeared today, then tomorrow the volume of business that private carriers received would increase and they'd have to hire additional employees.

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
The USPS is running into money problems because, like all things corrupt, the politicians have legislated it to fail so sheep like you clamor for privatization never thinking how it will negatively affect you and definitely not how it will affect others. The John Oliver bit while presented in a comedic style, is 100% true. If government cant be trusted to run things, where's the push to privatize other facets like unemployment, or tax collections, or the military? I mean if it's good to kill the post office then surely these other things would benefit too, no?

Absolutely stunning logic. Within three sentences you state that politicians (who run the government) are corrupt and causing failure, and then suggest that it's unreasonable to not trust the government (run by politicians) to run all of these other services well. Really think about what you typed for a moment.

We already do privatize a good amount of the military. And yes, all of the government departments that you listed would run more lean, efficiently, and cost-effectively if privatized. I have firsthand experience working with all of the entities that you listed, and they're all total disasters for a plethora of reasons so ridiculous you wouldn't believe unless you saw for yourself.

Also john oliver is a clown and a degenerate piece of ***. You should feel ashamed for posting a link to that trash.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-12 16:34:18  
volkom said: »
95% of my mail is garbage advertisements. How come I cant pay for a mail service to filter it like email does

Because it is illegal to do so. Mail must be delivered, and no one can open it or discard it other than the intended recipient without the recipient's authored permission.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ayasha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2020-05-12 16:44:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
The USPS being forced to earn and hold over half a century's worth of retirement funds happened earlier than 2016. Why are you trying to use 2016 as evidence that they have always been a money sink when the law that forced a massive money sink on them was in 2006?
Doing so is confusing because now i can't tell if you're being disingenuous or you have trouble understanding the concept of how time or math works in relation to the topic at hand with neither option being appealing.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am a bit saddened, however, that your only recourse in a response is veiled ad hominem coupled with your fruit-stripe gum flavored vitriol. If math is my weak point, then I can only assume reading comprehension is yours. The only question I alluded to was requesting your sources of the USPS profitability, as it seems to fly in the face of all data I have been able to find. Being that you either don't have the capabilities to view a spreadsheet, the inclination or the attention span, and to adopt your words, none of these options being appealing, let me go ahead and do the research for you. In the spread sheet I linked to, on sheet T30800-A, it shows records of the Postal Service's surplus from 1960 to 2018. Of all of the listings there, the only years the postal service has reported a surplus was in 1992, 1995 through 2004, and 2007. Every other year has shown deficits, most in the billions of dollars. I must apologize for the inaccurate title I put in the link, as this was just one facet of the spreadsheet, but please do a little research and ensure that your response fits the question before flying off the *** rails.

Jesus Christ... I'm really tired of any debate resulting in situations like this. Civil discourse is dead.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2020-05-12 17:36:51  
remember when P&R posts were actually kept in P&R?
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-05-14 04:49:49  
I mean just looking at their financial statements for 5 seconds and I can see that without the retirement amort included, 2017 and 2018 would have been operating at a gain and 2019 would still be operating at a loss, versus all three years being losses (also the liab makes their BS look like hot garbage)
By RadialArcana 2020-05-14 05:04:23  
We are headed for a major worldwide recession, enjoy the flames of your own decisions. Did people not understand that long-term lockdowns have major long-term consequences?

Saving the post office will be the least of your worries soon enough, time to trim dat fat.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-14 05:23:24  
fillerbunny9 said: »

This actually should be moved.
[+]
By Voren 2020-05-14 05:27:22  
For those that love the idea of privatizing things I ask you what does a publicly traded company care about the most?

I also ask you have you worked in a privatized prison? I did for a year. You have no clue what you're asking for when you talk about privatization. You look at the paper and see "ehrmagerd monies!!!", but life =/= math on a napkin. Things happen that you don't account for. ***goes sideways and you're left holding your balls wondering why you didn't see that coming.

Low staffing, low quality training, poor food services, and horrible corporate policies can create a safety issue from hell, which is what happened about two years after I left when one inmate died and several others were injured in a riot. The powers that be didn't see it until they were being smeared on national news.

If you value certain standards then don't privatize USPS.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-14 09:29:44  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
There is a reason why a highly political thread is not in P&R.

In order to even SEE P&R you first need to know it exists and, second, you need to whitelist it.

The mods hid it hoping it would die a natural death. But while P&R might die, the emotions that politics and religion stir in the human condition will not go away and will seek outlets.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-14 09:33:19  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
There is a reason why a highly political thread is not in P&R.

In order to even SEE P&R you first need to know it exists and, second, you need to whitelist it.

The mods hid it hoping it would die a natural death. But while P&R might die, the emotions that politics and religion stir in the human condition will not go away and will seek outlets.

Sylph.Mozhat
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2020-05-14 09:50:38  
Save the trees, get rid of it.
The USPS where I live can't even get the mail in the right box.
Very sad. No one has any pride of the work they do. Everything is half ***. HAND OUTS TO ALL

Let the government take care of you.
Leaders and people have let the world go to hell. No pride, respect. family morals, godly morals, and most of all, no common sense. All gone.

That is my 2 cents
By RadialArcana 2020-05-14 09:57:17  
By sudsi 2020-05-14 10:13:37  
Sylph.Mozhat said: »

Leaders and people have let the world go to hell. No pride, respect. family morals, godly morals, and most of all, no common sense. All gone.

That is my 2 cents

I remember back in my day, we didn't have grocery stores. We had to grow our own food, and if we didn't grow it ourselves, WE DIED!

Bunch of weak, mindless kids these days. With their grocery stores, and mechanical horses.
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-14 11:27:40  
Voren said: »
For those that love the idea of privatizing things I ask you what does a publicly traded company care about the most?

I also ask you have you worked in a privatized prison? I did for a year. You have no clue what you're asking for when you talk about privatization. You look at the paper and see "ehrmagerd monies!!!", but life =/= math on a napkin. Things happen that you don't account for. ***goes sideways and you're left holding your balls wondering why you didn't see that coming.

Low staffing, low quality training, poor food services, and horrible corporate policies can create a safety issue from hell, which is what happened about two years after I left when one inmate died and several others were injured in a riot. The powers that be didn't see it until they were being smeared on national news.

If you value certain standards then don't privatize USPS.

We're not talking about prisons, we're talking about delivery of pieces of paper and sex lube from amazon. If you want to make a reasonable comparison, compare it to UPS or FedEx.

Let me make a ridiculous example in the opposite direction: Grocery stores are currently privately owned and operated. To all of you that love the idea of giving the government control of everything: How would you like to rely on grocery stores operated by the government with the same level of reliability as the VA? You would die. Everyone would die.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-14 11:54:52  
Valefor.Commodus said: »
Everyone would die.

[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-05-14 19:07:19  
It's funny to see fascist super loons cry about "privatization."
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-05-14 21:19:50  
that petition requires me to share the link to fb and fill out 10 other petitions just to make my signature valid? wtf?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-14 22:30:04  
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-14 22:36:33  
Hey they made some new digimon games because they saw the fans that wanted it on the NA side due to those petitions. Sometimes they work!
By Gorion 2020-05-14 22:44:56  
I didnt see anything in the Constitution that said the post office has to be profitable.
[+]
By Prong 2020-05-14 23:10:47  
Not only have I not received anything good in the mail since I've relocated to my current residence (which would be 7 years ago this September), I honestly do not think I have received anything I have not discarded into the trash immediately in that same time (yes this includes birthday and Christmas cards. Biggest waste of money, all time: holiday cards).

Vast majority of those items being either attempts to get me to sign up for (insert company name) credit card or to sign up for Spectrum cable services which does not even supply cable or internet to my house (which I've told them on at least 4 phone calls). Our mailperson could literally remove me from their route and I'd probably not even notice for weeks.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2020-05-14 23:58:56  
Jetackuu said: »

Its not, you must have missed Ibizagate in Austria. Dude tried to sell basicly everything in 7hrs on a video.
And later cried and tried to pull himself out of the situation by telling the media, that didnt see the 7hr long video by that time, because only parts of it have been released, that he said several times that sellout of newspapers, water, highways, etc. need to be done on "legal" ways - so he can give his amen to it. lol
Maybe they cry because they dont profit from it where you are, here they only cry when getting cought in the act. :D

Couple weeks later they found a gold depot in some garden shed near a wellness resort spa in the alps, belonging to the political party said dude belonged to - it was explained as nothing to worry about - its a secret last resort bunker of that party, nothing iillegal and nothing to worry about ... lol

So yeah, from my PoV they cry because they dont know what dafuq to do with all that money from the whole sellouts beside hiding :D

I also think they cry because they realize that money hording got outsmarted decades ago and they missed that memo. *shrug*
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-15 00:35:47  
Asura.Azriel said: »
Jetackuu said: »

Its not, you must have missed Ibizagate in Austria. Dude tried to sell basicly everything in 7hrs on a video.
And later cried and tried to pull himself out of the situation by telling the media, that didnt see the 7hr long video by that time, because only parts of it have been released, that he said several times that sellout of newspapers, water, highways, etc. need to be done on "legal" ways - so he can give his amen to it. lol
Maybe they cry because they dont profit from it where you are, here they only cry when getting cought in the act. :D

Couple weeks later they found a gold depot in some garden shed near a wellness resort spa in the alps, belonging to the political party said dude belonged to - it was explained as nothing to worry about - its a secret last resort bunker of that party, nothing iillegal and nothing to worry about ... lol

So yeah, from my PoV they cry because they dont know what dafuq to do with all that money from the whole sellouts beside hiding :D

I also think they cry because they realize that money hording got outsmarted decades ago and they missed that memo. *shrug*

Wat
By sudsi 2020-05-15 00:44:16  
Valefor.Commodus said: »
Wat

I was going to say the same thing, but in terms that I'm not sure everyone would appreciate.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-15 02:20:21  

The main person that benefits from change.org is whoever owns that website, they sell peoples email addresses.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-15 02:31:21  
[+]
By Voren 2020-05-15 09:51:06  
Can we go ahead and skip to the part where the USPS receives funds and Trump is the savior once again and no one could see what he was doing as Trump was playing a game of chess and just beat the liberal evil Democrats at their game.

/thread
By sudsi 2020-05-15 11:09:28  
Voren said: »
Can we go ahead and skip to the part where the USPS receives funds and Trump is the savior once again and no one could see what he was doing as Trump was playing a game of chess and just beat the liberal evil Democrats at their game.

/thread

I don't think he can play tic-tac-toe much less chess, but I do think he'd bail out the post office for no other reason than to attempt to screw over Bezos.

Trump doesn't hold on to his "2hr" for the end boss. He uses it every time it is ready...
[+]