users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » No response from server
No response from server
 Asura.Karppa
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-05-16 08:49:47  
Any other EU player have had connection issues? is that due massive amount of players online?
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-16 09:07:32  
Every server used to handle 5k+ back in the day when this game was the new hot SquareEnix game when it launched so the servers can handle the 4,300 online atm.
By Shichishito 2020-05-16 09:13:18  
4001 city all day everday.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-05-16 09:22:15  
Idk maybe it is my end then..keep dcing a lot..gonna reset router and get tech support from isp provider..
By Shichishito 2020-05-16 09:29:19  
i've read others complaining too, its not just you.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-05-16 10:13:22  
Ok
By RadialArcana 2020-05-16 11:10:32  
No problems at all.
By Maiyuuu 2020-05-16 12:05:20  
I'm here in Germany and I'm ALWAYS d/cing. Probably 2-4 times in an hour on the worst times. I was thinking it was the crappy German internet, but now if others are having issues in EU... ?
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-05-16 12:12:09  
Yea I'm from Finland don't know what is going on..but I think it is SE side..used to have very stable connection so far..
By RadialArcana 2020-05-16 12:50:00  
If it was the game servers everyone would be having problems, more likely it's your ISP or a group of them.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-05-16 15:20:10  
"I have no problems"
"Clearly everything is fine for everyone"
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-16 15:25:02  
The options are:

It's the game server or it's an ISP / backbone issue.

Considering not everyone has the problem which is more likely?
By Aquatiq 2020-05-16 15:52:08  
have this problem in our LS runs starting at least 2 weeks ago. when it happens, not everyone is affected by the "no response", but everyone trying to join/leave a party is on like a full 1-2 minute delay before the server responds to the request. almost like it can't keep up with the status of all the parties and their details.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-05-16 16:26:28  
not just EU. I'm NA and I had trouble logging in earlier. Some kind of trouble with the login server.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Maiyuuu 2020-05-17 05:42:11  
At first I thought it was my internet because I would be crafting in Windy Waters and constantly d/c. I'm not in a highly populated area.

At the same time, my computer doesn't actually lose connection so I assumed it was server side. Actually, nothing else in my house loses connection. Just FFXI.

Caerda said: »
Servers have been kind of unstable for past couple months....... Keep in mind they are working from home so minor issues they aren't going to be able to fix at the moment.

That's my understanding too. It totally sucks, but I'm waiting it out until they can finally go back in and fix stuff. I just do small things that won't urk me in case I d/c during it.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-17 05:48:04  
Asura.Genosync said: »
RadialArcana said: »
The options are:

It's the game server or it's an ISP / backbone issue.

Considering not everyone has the problem which is more likely?

Considering you’re not reading that we’ve said the majority of complaints are in certain zones and have likely not experienced completely packed zones and what happens before, and there’s way more people posting comments that go against what you’re saying, which is more likely?

Have you ever been in an Eschan zone when 500 people were there for Meiru? Did you ever see the search at 510 or 520? Hm, maybe there’s a capacity that they can handle and when they go over it, bad things happen but only based on certain actions/handling taking place...

I had 5 accounts online yesterday and yes I have been there during prime time and no I haven't been kicked from any of them at all.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-05-17 10:50:06  
Problems solved..issue was too long ethernet cable, I changed router to better place for mobile signal..turns out 10m ethernet cable made me lost data packets most likely..not getting so much speed now..nut at least connection seems stable.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 11:10:21  
Asura.Karppa said: »
Problems solved..issue was too long ethernet cable, I changed router to better place for mobile signal..turns out 10m ethernet cable made me lost data packets most likely..not getting so much speed now..nut at least connection seems stable.
didn't switch cables out or changed to Wlan and its also better with the disconnects today. sounds like you got BSed by your isp.

if it was the cable you wouldn't just get the connection loss exclusively in FFXI.
 Ragnarok.Odynson
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kensai98
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-05-17 11:22:57  
I have been having issues also
I can connect no problem on all 6 of my characters but every so often one or more crash. Problem started about 2 days ago for me
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-05-17 11:38:46  
Changed original 1.5M cable to 10M cable..and dont have wlan card my pc atm. I might buy it..mobile signal not so good in here. I prolly need outside antenna and amplifier as well..-96 db current signal,, says cellmapper software.. average dl speed approx 50mbps
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-05-17 12:04:35  
Shichishito said: »
didn't switch cables out or changed to Wlan and its also better with the disconnects today. sounds like you got BSed by your isp.

if it was the cable you wouldn't just get the connection loss exclusively in FFXI.
Yea I think made bad deal when changed 150mbps mobile connection to 300mbps..cuz signal here sucks..I'm sure we find solution this..according FFXI support side too long cables may cause data packet loss..in my case seems that was it.. cuz problems appeared after changin longer cable..will see if it is another reason.. my england sucks plz forgive me :D