'Remapster' Project: HD Maps for FFXI
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Resetti
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-06-07 12:26:54  
spalose said: »

If I remember correctly the one way drop at F-10 in The jungle should be pointing up not down. Otherwise how do you go back to Kazham from Sea Serpent Grotto/Norg? Also the other drop point right next to it is a drop into a tunnel going toward a one way drop to Sea Serpent Grotto.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-08 10:13:36  
Can you tell me which fonts you are using on the maps?
[+]
By spalose 2020-07-02 19:04:41  
New devblog update:

Adoulin, Yorcia Weald, & Lots of Gates
[+]
By soralin 2020-07-21 00:35:46  
A small bit of constructive feedback, on spots like this:

I feel like this "terminate at a dot" indicator represents a "point of interest" and not a "zone transition"

For example, you use that here:

And it indicates a "location"

I think for said spots that are transitions, you should still use an arrow. For teleports perhaps a crystal icon or etc? Or even just a red arrow pointing up/down

I just think typically players associate "Arrow = zone transition" and its good to keep that iconography to be consistent.

I love the font and tight details though, looks great!
[+]
By spalose 2020-07-24 22:40:02  
Another huge update, this time from Akaden, who has been graciously helping with the coding side of the project.

New devblog post: Layers Like an Onion
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jmr
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jelmer
By Ragnarok.Jmr 2020-07-25 02:43:40  
Looks amazing! 10/10 would use.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [147 days between previous and next post]
By mynameisgonz 2020-12-18 13:45:18  
is this project dead?
 Asura.Icilies
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Asura
user: icilies
By Asura.Icilies 2020-12-18 15:52:02  
Can this be downloaded yet? or no.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-12-18 17:05:07  
mynameisgonz said: »
is this project dead?
Paused.

Asura.Icilies said: »
Can this be downloaded yet? or no.
Not yet
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [111 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2021-04-08 20:19:04  
omg. i hate to bump this again. but id LOVE HD maps. i don't care how i get them. i just want them.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [156 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Lileth
user: Etherion
By Asura.Lileth 2021-09-11 19:52:43  
Just wanted to add my support and express my hope that the project is not dead, just on hold. The work you've done so far is truly amazing. Yuhtunga and Yorcia stand out in particular, considering that the NQ versions are useless and even the modded ones can be tough just because of lack of resolution.

The suggestion of three-dimensionality using shading in the Giddeus map is very well done.

It's a good decision to not try to clutter the maps with every old NM, quest ???, HELM points, etc. A major exception I'd make for NM pops are the Zeni NMs, which are still relevant because of mythic farming.

Good design choice also to use not just letters to refer to locations on a different map but also say which map number.

Assuming the project is continuing, it would be fantastic to get unity and voidwatch locations, and the landing points of the corresponding teleports. Maybe this is something where people like myself who are not very artistically gifted could make a contribution with locations for the different teleport locations (unity, voidwatch, survival guide, proto-waypoint warps, etc), planar rifts, ethereal junctions, etc. ? I imagine that's just an xml file with map coordinates and references to an icon type.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [138 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Silentsteel
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Silentsteel 2022-01-27 06:57:48  
Wish I had someway to help with this, and also knowing if it even was still going on or not. I don't have much in the way of graphical abilities, but was just thinking this morning how great it would be to have updated maps with a lot more info
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-01-27 07:30:25  
The last update anywhere was July 2020, but the project is nominally just on a break (not dropped).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2022-03-07 18:09:19  
anyone know of a free .dat editor? would like to at least download the maps they put up and use them, someone created a depository of the 3 bastok maps and they work great, no they don't have any animation but I was the maps themselves if there isn't going to be an addon lets at least nit let the work already done go to waste
By RadialArcana 2022-03-07 18:41:49  
be aware maps don't react well with changing image size

https://korithsmods.blogspot.com/p/tex-hammer.html
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2022-03-07 20:00:34  
RadialArcana said: »
be aware maps don't react well with changing image size

https://korithsmods.blogspot.com/p/tex-hammer.html

gotcha, but if you look at this link, someone has these 3 for download and are working just fine for me.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xTLk-jM8kSHTLq_-blzcVGQyHeGT5ksz/view
By RadialArcana 2022-03-08 06:38:46  
Yeah I put his maps into those dat files, I had to convert them to 512x512.
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2022-03-08 15:02:23  
RadialArcana said: »
Yeah I put his maps into those dat files, I had to convert them to 512x512.

They work perfectly as far as I can tell, with no glitches or anything. May I ask why you stopped at those 3 and was it that hard? I'm happy to continue the process and share them here. Good maps for me are worth the work and even if their work isn't completed, shouldn't at least the baseline of their work come to light and be used by people?
My thought was photo editor>shink to size and file convert? or is there more to the process to get our results? Feel free to inbox me
 Bahamut.Archdiocesan
By Bahamut.Archdiocesan 2022-03-08 18:07:31  
I'd like to learn more about your process for making the clean Bastok maps, too. The current map pack is great, but there are so many small additions that I'd love to make to the current maps.
By RadialArcana 2022-03-09 09:08:14  
I didn't to all of them cause I wasn't sure the original creator would mind me doing it (plus he stoped at 8?), I just did 3 to test the water.

The issue was that when you downscale them they don't look as good in the game as they do here, other than that it's not hard to do as you said. You just need gimp or photoshop and a dds plugin (depends on format used in map, some are bmp)

You just need to find the dat file associated with each map, load it into texhammer, put the image in save the dat with the new image.

Also it's worth noting that private servers and retail use different map file locations for some files since they tidied up a lot of files a few years ago, you can find most in altanaviewer though.
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2022-03-10 20:17:49  
Lot of good info there ty!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
By spalose 2022-04-28 14:24:14  
Hey y'all -

Had a bunch of major life milestones that sort of sidelined this project, but we're looking to kick the tires on it and get going again. Not sure what the pacing will be, but definitely interested in continuing.

Stay tuned!
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2022-04-29 21:35:25  
My fingers already hurt from entering map data.

I'm excited :)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jasmint
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: JasTx
By Quetzalcoatl.Jasmint 2022-05-03 10:56:59  
So keen to see future progress! The maps look amazing and the devblogs are so interesting to read. To everyone involved in the project, keep up the awesome work you two (and if there are other contributors, you as well)! :D
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2022-05-12 12:21:49  
Hey all, we've got a new dev blog post on the website! Enjoy :)

https://remapster.com/2022/05/12/map-data-margins-and-map-packs/
[+]
By Meeeeeep 2022-05-12 14:15:25  
Asura.Akaden said: »
Hey all, we've got a new dev blog post on the website! Enjoy :)

https://remapster.com/2022/05/12/map-data-margins-and-map-packs/

Really glad to see the update, looks absolutely fantastic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-05-12 16:19:50  
I hate to add more things to your workload, but the monthly ROE for silver vouchers from Voracious Resurgence might be something to keep in mind as location of interest to add to the legend.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2022-05-12 16:34:49  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
I hate to add more things to your workload, but the monthly ROE for silver vouchers from Voracious Resurgence might be something to keep in mind as location of interest to add to the legend.
I love the optimism.

I think the goal for a 1.0 release is simply redrawn maps, and a very sparse set of important icons.
We've got a feature written that overlays information on the map in a helpful way, but we've had to push that out of the 1.0 release goals as it takes a *lot* of effort to draw for so many maps. And we have a lot to do just to redraw the maps themselves first.

One of the features we're planning is custom markers and a way to import/export those markers. I can't promise that it'll be in 1.0, but it's definitely on our mind.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2022-05-27 22:28:42  
Hey all, we've had a lot of interest in the project so we've decided to render out the "priority 1" maps we have and release em.

Check out the blog post here to download them: https://remapster.com/2022/05/27/map-pack-1/

And check out the maps github repo we set up to keep track of the map releases: https://github.com/AkadenTK/remapster_maps

The addon is still in development, but more maps are on the way. Many have been drawn already, we're just waiting on some connecting zones and icon data before we can release them.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2022-05-27 22:41:37  
Are these meant to replace in-game maps? (Can they? Pretty please?)