BLU ACP Body?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU ACP body?
BLU ACP body?
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 16:39:05  
Fyyvoaa said:
Yeah I guess I might just redo my Nuevo for sam, upon a bit more research I did find out that the blu acp body just isn't as viable as I thought.

There really isn't a worthwhile SAM one either honestly. Unless you make it for tanking or something.

Haubergeon matches it for TPing and Osode wins over any augment anyway.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-21 16:46:24  
Enternius said:
Sadly, that picture doesn't prove anything.

Unless the user had a sword with exactly 6 TP per hit, with 0 sTP, then that would be meaningless.

The only thing that that screenshot does, in fact, prove is that TP gain is not static.

Besides. Even if, in theory, you could DA more than twice on a WS, that wouldn't be proof as Fast Blade is only two hits to begin with.

Sadly for Nightfyre these are all valid points.

The number of DAs possible in a WS has been discussed a lot. It is know there is a cap of 8hits on a WS.

The problem is, a lot of people post 'proof' without giving the exact details of the gear they are using.

EG if your weapon returns 16.1TP (after sTP), when using say 20 sTP (/sam + rajas) each additional hit give 1.2TP as you add hits you get:

1 hit: 16.1
2 hit: 17.3
3 hit: 18.5
4 hit: 19.7
5 hit: 20.9
6 hit: 22.1

Now obviously you can't see the decimal on the screen, but you notice you get 22 TP which looks like 6 more TP than 1 hit, which suggests you just landed 7 hits on a 4 hit WS.

Now I am not going to say one way or the other, just explaining where the problem comes from.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 16:49:56  
Enternius said:
Sadly, that picture doesn't prove anything.

Unless the user had a sword with exactly 6 TP per hit, with 0 sTP, then that would be meaningless.

Quote:
Lv.63 Paladin/31 Warrior
Attack: 292
Defense: 306
STR: 70+7
DEX: 50+8
Bronze Sword (DMG: 6 | Delay: 231)
Main targets: Bull Dhalmel, Zu

References:
TP per hit = 6.2

Rajas Ring would not change visible TP return at all for the given TP return values.

Quote:
The only thing that that screenshot does, in fact, prove is that TP gain is not static.

Uh, what?

Quote:
Besides. Even if, in theory, you could DA more than twice on a WS, that wouldn't be proof as Fast Blade is only two hits to begin with.

Still digging for better evidence, temporarily settled for that SS because the theory I've always heard in the past is one DA per hand. Unfortunately the most convenient source for a screenshot no longer exists, so it's proving more difficult than I'd like. If I have to I'll go out and do some testing of my own.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 16:52:43  
Argettio said:
Sadly for Nightfyre these are all valid points.

The number of DAs possible in a WS has been discussed a lot. It is know there is a cap of 8hits on a WS.

The problem is, a lot of people post 'proof' without giving the exact details of the gear they are using.

EG if your weapon returns 16.1TP (after sTP), when using say 20 sTP (/sam + rajas) each additional hit give 1.2TP as you add hits you get:

1 hit: 16.1
2 hit: 17.3
3 hit: 18.5
4 hit: 19.7
5 hit: 20.9
6 hit: 22.1

Now obviously you can't see the decimal on the screen, but you notice you get 22 TP which looks like 6 more TP than 1 hit, which suggests you just landed 7 hits on a 4 hit WS.

Now I am not going to say one way or the other, just explaining where the problem comes from.

I'm aware of all this, I was hoping people would follow the link back to observe the testing methodology but it was dispelling only one incarnation of the myth at best. That and I was hoping somebody might read the thread and discover further evidence, as I'm currently mutlitasking. Still looking.

EDIT: Bah, nothing but SS of THFs hitting the 8-hit cap with Triple and Double Attack procs. Why does the only thread that supposedly had a screenshot to begin with have to no longer exist?

Unfortunately, I may be looking at the above as an explanation for any claims of triple DA procs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 17:44:35  
Yeah, the odds of triple DA and all hits landing is pretty abysmal, even with a 5-hit weaponskill.

I'm going to retract my earlier statement for the time being and apologize for my rudeness and making an assertion without evidence... like I've said, there are claims everywhere but nothing in the way of solid proof.
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-21 20:18:35  
ACP body for sam is the ***
double attack +2
acc +10
str agi vit +5
*why do i think its better?
proven that double attack sticks on ws's so stack double attack, wonder why instead of your usual tp build after ws jumps from say 18-20 its because double attack went off duh.
i would substitute double attack and acc over a lolhauby.

no -eva
i think hauby is crap for sam in my personal opinion but worthless ACP body for sam dont exist

and as far as the mirke on a blu is prolly not greatest of ideas if you have af and af2
or even better af+1 theres your tp gear and spell casting gear right there dont need any other body peice
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-21 20:45:43  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18216
I believe this was used in the past to prove only 2 DA's per WS. 4 hits with sturm, and only 5 hits with RR.