フォーラム » FFXI » General » Buying bulk of Umbral Marrow, Riftcinder,Riftdross
Buying bulk of Umbral Marrow, Riftcinder,Riftdross
 Shiva.Applesmash
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-05-28 14:37:47  
Draylo said: »
I kinda dont get how its possible to have every REMA and dynamis weapon and JSE neck. How do you deal with inventory space admist augmented gear/capes? Seems like a nightmare these days, we need a new mog wardrobe.

It's shared accross 2 characters on the same account, but yes we do need more wardrobes x.x
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-05-28 14:44:42  
Mattelot said: »
He probably has multiple accounts. While money is easy to come by these days, a lot of people have 5 to 6 account and that helps for sure.

This. I know people who 3-5 box. That greatly increases the sparks, BC drops, etc they get.

I get it, it's all fun forum trolling but in reality, some people just have money. I went for months and months without really buying anything and I probably could have bought a large amount of these things. If I had multi-boxed, I certainly could and I've been very casual since my return.

Quote:
70/70 REMA (51/54 Afterglows, 64/64 R15 5/25/20), 22/22 +2 JSE Necks R25 8/10/19, 22/22 D JSE Weapons R25 5/11/20;

What's the value of this, 25-30 billion gil? lol legit bro just triboxing and capping gil 30 times over

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-28 14:46:55  
Depending on the time frame when they were bought, but probably much higher than 30 billion.

And... that's exactly why I stopped collecting and upgrading rema, that's 10 grand son.
By Draylo 2020-05-28 14:51:52  
I've spent over that on figures and travel, who cares? Everyone has their vice!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-28 14:54:24  
"life experiences and tangible objects" vs pixels, just stating a fact, not making a judgement.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-28 14:56:31  
weaponized autism in its purest form
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-28 15:01:22  
And people spend their cash on drugs, hookers, spas, etc. It doesnt need to be tangible for it to matter. Life experiences can include digital objects or enjoyment. Its 2020 grandma.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-28 15:03:49  
And people spend their cash on drugs, hookers, spas, etc. It doesnt need to be tangible for it to matter. Life experiences can include digital objects or enjoyment. Its 2020 grandma.
I would definitely berate the ***out of someone if I knew that they were spending all of their time and money on hookers and spas.

edit: drugs are cool tho
By Draylo 2020-05-28 15:10:07  
I mean, who cares what anyone spends on anything as long as they arent harming themselves or others. If someone gets enjoyment and they arent hurting financially, leave em be! Mindset of a poor person to think its a "waste" simply because it isnt physical or a form you approve of.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-28 15:13:43  
most ppl might judge you but they will listen interested when you tell them your drug and hooker stories but even the most patient and friendly person will tell you to gtfo half a sentence in on your "MMO story".
nobody cares about ppls skinner box adventures.
By Mattelot 2020-05-28 15:14:35  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
He probably has multiple accounts. While money is easy to come by these days, a lot of people have 5 to 6 account and that helps for sure.

This. I know people who 3-5 box. That greatly increases the sparks, BC drops, etc they get.

I get it, it's all fun forum trolling but in reality, some people just have money. I went for months and months without really buying anything and I probably could have bought a large amount of these things. If I had multi-boxed, I certainly could and I've been very casual since my return.

Quote:
70/70 REMA (51/54 Afterglows, 64/64 R15 5/25/20), 22/22 +2 JSE Necks R25 8/10/19, 22/22 D JSE Weapons R25 5/11/20;

What's the value of this, 25-30 billion gil? lol legit bro just triboxing and capping gil 30 times over

Someone beat me to it about when they were acquired. We can all assume and theorize but for what?
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-28 15:20:06  
It is legit gil because it is spread out across multiple characters:

By Draylo 2020-05-28 15:21:00  
Shichishito said: »
most ppl might judge you but they will listen interested when you tell them your drug and hooker stories but even the most patient and friendly person will tell you to gtfo half a sentence in on your "MMO story".

Yeah but the point is, who gives a *** if people care or not? I don't spend on things I enjoy so someone can be impressed (altho there are people that do.) I'd say go for it if it makes you happy to see that ffxiah score. I don't think there will ever be a time when people find video game things impressive, mainly because it still has an unwarranted stigma.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-28 15:23:39  
Shichishito said: »

Yeah but the point is, who gives a *** if people care or not? I don't spend on things I enjoy so someone can be impressed (altho there are people that do.) I'd say go for it if it makes you happy to see that ffxiah score. I don't think there will ever be a time when people find video game things impressive, mainly because it still has an unwarranted stigma.
Making fun of other people actually makes you cool + its a good way to derive self worth.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-28 15:56:49  
Wut?

Money spent on hookers is money well spent.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-05-28 16:01:25  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
サーバ: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2020-05-28 16:29:55  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

who found a picture of vize as a kid?
By Shichishito 2020-05-28 17:28:58  
I don't think there will ever be a time when people find video game things impressive, mainly because it still has an unwarranted stigma.
video games can't be taken seriously in a competitive way because its too easy to cheat and there are barely any consequences for attempting to cheat compared to other competetitive fields like sports.
gamers also do their fair share to make sure its never going to change. look at the speedrunner community for instance. sure it has entertainment value but most of the great time cuts are achieved by abusing glitches or bugs and clipping thru walls. in real competition if someone cuts corners and leaves the track he gets time penalties or disqualified.

Yeah but the point is, who gives a *** if people care or not? I don't spend on things I enjoy so someone can be impressed (altho there are people that do.) I'd say go for it if it makes you happy to see that ffxiah score.
my point wasn't to do things to impress others. the point is if nobody cares about it maybe its not as exciting as you thought.

if you put rats in a drug dispensing skinner box they'll push the button till they are dead. if you still give them access to the drug dispensing button but don't deprive them of every other stimulus by enclosing them in a box they'll make less and less use of the button.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2020-05-28 17:29:17  
Hey guys,

I didn't expect this forum to explode. I enjoyed the memes and can understand from people's perspectives.

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »

Quote:

Someone beat me to it about when they were acquired. We can all assume and theorize but for what?

I usually hoard gil for months to a year before I spend it all. After SE announced Odyssey, I gave up hope that they'd release any new content that would require gil to craft new armor/weapons. 2 months after Odyssey was released, I had about 6 billion and decided to just max out all my REMAs (Swarts posts).

As for the 44/44 JSE D Weapons/Necks, not a single heroism crystal was bought. We have been running since day 1 of Dynamis (D) release, so that includes RPing access to Weapons/Necks. We have missed less than 5-6 runs since release. I've been RPing every single one of those runs. We would joke in my LS, if I wasn't dead, Dynamis was still happening tonight. Many of our Dynamis members still play so they can attest.

As for the gil making, my friends have let me used their accounts over the years. The most I ever had access to was around 35. Nowadays I just craft on our small server, pretty much only crafting HQ Voodoo/Jinxed gear and some non-SU5 armors (Turms, Kendatsuba, etc). I have never one spent a single dollar on gil. These posts are not meant to flex on anyone. I do get responses from cross-servers who do sell bulks. Just a guy trying to finish the game~

TL;DR I hoard gil, then spend it. I've been running Dynamis (D) forever. I make my gil crafting.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-05-28 17:43:49  
^ the man the truth, even i helped him get RPs when we used to dyna often. Who needs to buy heroisms when u got a squad doing constant RP farming.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-28 17:49:54  
Dynamis is so boring... but more power to ya if you enjoy it.
[+]
By aisukage 2020-05-28 18:28:26  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
We would joke in my LS, if I wasn't dead, Dynamis was still happening tonight. Many of our Dynamis members still play so they can attest.

I'll Attest to that. I R25 9 necks myself and multiple weapons like Rostam etc through Hieps Dyna runs.

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-28 18:55:31  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
I enjoyed the memes

Glad you're a good sport about it. Some people like to treat this game as super serious bid'ness and go on multi-page rants of quote-walls 15 quotes deep per post if someone T R I G G E R S them. It gets tiresome.

Good on you for getting so much accomplished with others and on your own.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-05-28 19:12:31  
Shiva.Applesmash said: »
he's done more for the community on Shiva than anyone else in the past 4 years.

The trolls are just having fun. And I was with you until this comment. I'm sorry but it always makes me roll my eyes when people talk about how they've done more for a community than others have. I've seen 3 people make this claim since I've been back. A duper, a troll and now this. I heard it many times back in the 75 era from people trying to inflate fake notoriety.

Hiep once soloed the large majority of an aeonic for me. I don't remember asking, I think he just did it out of boredom to be helpful. He really has been a backbone of the Shiva server for some time.
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-05-28 19:24:22  
He spoon fed me the early dynamis div strats back when there was only wave 1 and 2. Was nice of him. Good dude. Also loves yoda jokes.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-28 20:14:28  
He is the protector of all 10 people on Shiva server.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-28 20:28:27  
Pikohan obtained him as a Trust Cipher.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-05-28 20:33:35  
Hiep cured my cancer and bought me my first two homes.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-28 21:27:16  
Never too busy to miss a Dynamis night in almost 3 years. that's badass.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-05-28 21:42:55  
I heard he missed the birth of his own daughter just to make sure he was there for Dynamis.
[+]