フォーラム » FFXI » General » Extreme lag in Bahamut
Extreme lag in Bahamut
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Leonelf
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-10-21 11:27:07  
I don't know what the *** is up with the server but everything is extremely lag, my tele NPC in Sandy is not even loaded and i can't search anything (Search failed) i can't even view Linkshell list properly.
Anyone else from Europe experiencing this ?
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-21 11:29:00  
USA here and getting some really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE lag spikes as well, in whitegate alone I got about 8 R0s in a matter of 5 minutes.

Very frustrating when trying to finish a annoying as ***quest.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Jeesus
サーバ: Seraph
user: Jeesus
By Seraph.Jeesus 2009-10-21 11:30:52  
I think its overall servers having a hard time these past couple months... Alot of mass DC, deliv often congested and same with AH.
I hope this will be looked after next maintenance cause it is very annoying.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 11:31:05  
I get this all the time. As do about another dozen Brits in my shells. The servers, for sure.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-10-21 11:32:31  
It's not just the R0's i've been having that for a while as well, but today it gets really really worse with all the failed searchs and such.
 Hades.Hiryo
サーバ: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-10-21 11:33:25  
Wooooodum said:
I get this all the time. As do about another dozen Brits in my shells. The servers, for sure.

My whole LS R0'd at the same time on Hades other day, about 30 of us..
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-21 11:34:36  
I remember when I was ... I forget where, but everyone around me Red ringed, so I called a GM about it, the only thing they told me was pretty much "it must be your isp"

I really lose faith in GMs everytime I talk to them, they obviously know something is wrong with the servers and probably have reported it to the actual devs, but telling us it's OUR fault is just lame.

This problem has been going on since the last update, I really do hope that it does get fixed with this update because it gets quite hard to party, or camp an NM or do a quest when you have to constantly cope with random R0s (of which might leave you dead, or miss a claim because of it)
 Alexander.Hasiano
サーバ: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2009-10-21 12:48:18  
i know what you mean, i was i whitegate on sunday, after einherjar, and i R0'ed 4 times in 3 mins, while i was talking to a friend trying to setup a time to help him with pop NM, i didnt get half of his messages, we should be able to actually talk to the devs, not their GM minions who dont give a damn anymore.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-10-21 12:52:11  
Yous all imaginin' things. Nothing wrong for me, 'cept when my ISP is acting up.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 12:56:20  
Leonelf said:
everything is extremely lag
 Bahamut.Revision
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-10-21 13:29:12  
Enternius said:
Leonelf said:
everything is extremely lag

Can't stand to even craft. Annoying. [Log off]
[+]
 Bahamut.Branwen
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-22 08:57:32  
The lag spikes are getting to be a huge pain in the ***. Doesnt exactly fill you with confidence when you're about to enter a BC and youre going up and down like a *insert sexual inuendo here*
Whitegate seems to be the worst zone hit, but I get it all over the world now. Even when the zone is empty.
Regardless of where in the world you are, everyone is being hit with crappy R0.
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-22 09:02:33  
A lot of people on Odin have been having the same problem lately, too.

Try dealing with it on BST when you're trying to pet swap and come back from the lag spike at 100 HP and getting attacked with no pet... >.>
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2009-10-22 09:13:50  
Welcome to my life of ffxi, i've had this problem since day 1 lol, mainly because of my satellite internet, so idk if it helps or not, but it may be isp....
 Ragnarok.Axels
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Axels
By Ragnarok.Axels 2009-10-22 09:27:50  
On Ragnarok everyday at 20:54 and later at 20:56 GMT+2 anyone have an happy R0 for like 30 seconds, other than that we got some casual R0, not often, but the scheduled one make me lol everytime.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 09:45:46  
Don't people realize that these lags are not really SE's fault?

Its those damn RMTs trying to hack into the system. They don't wana be detected so they follow the stream of information per character, meaning that they cut you off to try to hack into your account info, but its not working because of 2 factors: Secure line of ISP (meaning that your character can't log on to another character of the same PoL address without kicking the first character off, but if its a different ISP, then the attempt gets kicked out instead of you. Those hacks that are random are because the RMT hackers happened to guess your ISP fully) and the security token (same thing as above, but gives you an extra line of protection, which limits the number of hacked accounts dramatically).

If you think I'm full of ***, then think about it for a second. See if you can explain the R0s yourself, and post it on here.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-22 09:47:01  
there's been bad lag on Ifrit as well, especially in the towns. *** RMT, we should just blow them up.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-22 09:48:45  
I don't think it's RMT...I know there are some places on the game where you hit alot of the lag spikes. For example WG at the mog house, korroloka tunnel, lower jueno sometimes, the WG auction house, etc. It's mostly spots where alot of activity is.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 09:50:37  
Nuke China, and you have taken care of 45% of the problem.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-22 09:51:31  
Alyria said:
I don't think it's RMT...I know there are some places on the game where you hit alot of the lag spikes. For example WG at the mog house, korroloka tunnel, lower jueno sometimes, the WG auction house, etc. It's mostly spots where alot of activity is.

yeah, alot of RMT activity
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 09:52:28  
Alyria said:

Explain Bird Camps when nobody else is there.

R0s happen everywhere at random times, at least on Asura it does.

I'm in Tav Safehold right now, and I get a R0 right next to the AH, and only other person here is an afk synther.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 09:54:37  
If you are having R0 issues next to a lot of people, then you can fix that by going to config > Misc > Character Models Displayed and lower it down some.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-22 09:55:59  
No I think it's from past updates, especially world recoveries. And Bahamut just had a world recovery not too long ago.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 09:59:11  
Asura hasn't had a world recovery since....well forever.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-10-22 10:21:45  
I think we need a world recovery, anyway. Odmanzouk is dead and at West Sarutabaruta [S] and Meriphetaud Mountains [S], and who knows where else. Regardless, I'm quitting FFXI, so it doesn't matter to me much, but for people intent on playing through the FFXIV release, ***sucks.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-22 10:29:47  
Korpg, your theory about the RMT thing is neat and all (and I guess I would somewhat agree) BUT this is Bahamut we are talkin about, no new people in and I haven't seen a RMT tell nor ban in a LOOONG time, I think RMT may contribute to it, but in the long run it's something in the server that is screwy.
[+]
 Asura.Davinia
user: Davinia
By Asura.Davinia 2009-10-22 11:06:55  
i agree with Fyyv, RMT causing server-wide r0s is plausible but highly improbable, servers have been screwy for months now, and i think alot of ppl blame there ISP, either because they dont trust there connection or dont talk to anyone in game EVER!

But tbh i think the servers need going down for a time, get em replaced, fixed, upgraded, whatever, because its doing my head in and id expect everyone elses. SE "should" (i use that loosely) be providing us with solid connection servers seeing as thats what we pay for, they should give us screwy server discount ^^
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 11:11:41  
Korpg said:
Don't people realize that these lags are not really SE's fault?

With the uniform nature of these problems, there is an almost certain probability that this is the servers. Any internet tech wizard will tell you this. Doesn't mean we're right, but there's a high chance of it.

Coincidental timing of dozens of players on different connections and internet providers in different countries all lagging out at the same time? I'd be welcome to explanations and examples of how it might not be the servers.

In a constructive way, of course. Not in the mood for smart arses today.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-10-22 11:24:29  
Korpg said:

If you think I'm full of ***, then think about it for a second. See if you can explain the R0s yourself, and post it on here.

I wouldn't go as far as to say you're full of ***. This could be happening on occasions. But for my whole group of 8 people on 360 chat all R0 at the same time( some in diff areas, game and across the US) I find it highly unlikely the RMT were lucky enough to hack all of us at the same time.

Maybe they've finally found a way through the invincible (LMAO) Microsoft machine to hack our FFXI.
First Page 2