日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Final Fantasy XI: Dancer Video Guide by Ruaumoko
Final Fantasy XI: Dancer Video Guide by Ruaumoko
By RadialArcana 2020-06-12 08:40:25  
Deleted embedded video.

Link to Ruaumokos Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCEg2gnysc6Ze_WPHJKSBeA

Can't actually delete the topic once it's made.
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-12 10:46:42  
"FFXIAH: Dancer Video Guide by Ruaumoko" thread by RadialArcana

[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-12 11:27:34  
What am I missing?
By Draylo 2020-06-12 11:47:25  
What are you using to get dark mode?
 Shiva.Applesmash
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-06-12 11:53:49  
Draylo said: »
What are you using to get dark mode?

Dark reader browser extension
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-12 12:25:19  
Firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/darkreader/
Chrome:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US
Internet Explorer:

Alt+Shift+D will toggle it on/off. It works pretty much everywhere except a podcast site and some blogs. Maybe they are running archaic HTTP?
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2020-06-12 12:35:38  
RadialArcana said: »
What am I missing?
probably because you took this video and very quickly made a topic on the forum instead of him getting to post it on the dnc main page or a self started page.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-12 12:51:39  
Yeah that was kind of weird. At least let the guy who made the video have the dignity of sharing it with the group here, if he so chooses?
By RadialArcana 2020-06-12 13:08:50  
Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
What am I missing?
probably because you took this video and very quickly made a topic on the forum instead of him getting to post it on the dnc main page or a self started page.

Ah well if he wants that I can surely delete it and won't do it again, I'm just trying to get him and any other youtuber who I think makes good content for FFXI more coverage for their videos. From my experience many youtubers are a bit embarrassed to promote their stuff around so I try to help with it in as many places as possible, if that's not the case I'll surely leave it to him and be glad to do so.

I pointed out in the title it was his video, my goal is to give him as many eyes as possible and not steal his thunder.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-12 13:23:00  
If a mod sees this and can delete the thread, please do so. So he can make his own topic if he chooses.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-06-12 14:29:49  
Is DNC a tank tho?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-12 14:42:47  
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Is DNC a tank tho?

By Jetackuu 2020-06-12 14:51:21  
Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
What am I missing?

I mean they should feel ashamed for making a video guide anyway.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-12 15:15:21  
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Is DNC a tank tho?

LOL I unsubbed from Rua's channel after that whole debacle tbh. I usually dig his videos but that was clownish.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-12 15:17:53  
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-12 22:42:52  
Dark reader kinda sucks tho, I remember I stopped using it for some reason
By Zyphira 2020-06-13 00:01:19  
So does this mean that Animated, Desperate, Wild, Striking, and Ternary Flourishes are 100% worthless?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-13 00:02:16  
No
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-13 02:19:31  
only 99%
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-06-13 10:15:19  
Animated flourish is good for pulling (like for example in Ambuscade you want to pull mob to corner or something)

Wild flourish has some uses like for example making light skillchain that Rua suggested you cant effectively solo on DNC (maybe effectively meant exactly that you cant simply do it using 2 WS)

Wild > Aeolian > Shark Bite/Exentrator should be fusion>light
Wild > Aeolian > Exentrator(Aeneas) x2 should be fusion>light>Radiance

It's problematic because you need to use flourish and AoE WS and WSs used are not that hardest hitting ones, but I guess if you need to make light skillchain you still can do it this way and skillchain damage should also be solid if target is weak to it.
By Gilika 2020-06-18 01:23:17  
SimonSes said: »
Wild > Aeolian > Shark Bite/Exentrator should be fusion>light
Wild > Aeolian > Exentrator(Aeneas) x2 should be fusion>light>Radiance

I don't think that's correct. Wild Flourish into Aeolian Edge makes Scission, not Fusion.

It looks like Wild Flourish applies the skillchain properties Liquefaction, Induration, and Reverberation in order, then after that, Impaction and Compression though the order of those two is indeterminate. Probably applies the other three as well but other properties take priority so they won't matter.

In-game, the weaponskill menu for Aeolian Edge lists Scission, Detonation, Impaction in order, presumably as their priority in terms of primary, secondary, and tertiary skillchain properties. I think the BG-Wiki article erroneously lists their order as Impaction, Scission, Detonation, so I see where you were coming from if that was your reference.

For reference, if you start with Wild Flourish:
Wasp Sting, Viper Bite, Dancing Edge, Aeolian Edge, Pyrrhic Kleos, and Exenterator all lead into Scission (starting from WF's Liquefaction, and Scission being the highest priority level 1 skillchain property present on those)
Shadowstitch leads into Fragmentation (falling down WF's priority into Induration, which Shadowstitch's Reverberation combines with to make Fragmentation)
Gust Slash and Cyclone lead into Detonation (falling aaaall the way down into working off of Compression)
Evisceration leads into Transfixion (Compression -> Transfixion)

It's possible to form Fusion from Wild Flourish, just not with the properties available to Dancer's dagger weaponskills. If they go hand-to-hand with Kaja Fists or Karambit, for example, they can do so with Combo and Spinning Attack, or with Flat Blade if they wield a sword. However, their skillchain properties (among other things) are highly limited with those weapons. To do what you said they would be capable of doing above, they'd need a dagger weaponskill with just Impaction at a higher priority than Scission in order for it to actually close Fusion instead of Scission.

Literally the only way for a Dancer to self-skillchain Light is by mainhanding Aeneas and doing Exenterator > Exenterator.

(Or unless you do something goofy like juggling weapons mid-combat, but you risk dropping the skillchain due to resetting your TP.)
[+]
By Gilika 2020-06-21 17:17:54  
Or at least that's what happens when I try to use Wild Flourish into Aeolian's Edge, like you described. Scission, not Fusion. The last post was why I think it happens, but at the very least, it's the behavior I've observed.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-06-21 20:11:45  
Yeah I was looking at bg wiki. Thx for testing this out! I recentlt has less and less time to test anything.

That being said juggling weapons mid combat is actually not a problem for DNC, because you can use reverse flourish on step that requires going from 0tp after switching weapons, but yeah its not the ideal solution.
By Gilika 2020-06-23 13:18:01  
Or losing aftermath if you're using a REMA and had aftermath up, or having to use Reverse Flourish early when you could use it later for a tighter skillchain window (like it's better to save it for a 4th-step Lv. 3 Light SC with Exenterator instead of an early weapon-juggling thing to make Fusion).

It is not objectively a bad thing to do, but you're giving up a lot in the process, and it's something to be aware of.