Pld Magic Damage Resist Sets.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Pld Magic damage resist sets.
Pld Magic damage resist sets.
 Titan.Ozan
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Ozan
By Titan.Ozan 2009-10-28 20:23:32  
Hades.Dizzmal said:
so does anyone have 1700 hp with the max MDR and MDB gear?

Reason why I asked was because I seen a LS applcation format that required their plds to have at least 1700 hp with full MDR set. I can get around 1500 but thats it without taking out some MDR or MDB gear out.

Don't gimp your MDT/MDB or Elemental Resist set just to have 1700HP, it's just not worth it.
 Shiva.Lucant
サーバ: Shiva
user: Lucant
By Shiva.Lucant 2009-10-28 20:53:45  
you probably can get high magic defense and around 1700 HP with full HP merits,gigant mantle,crimson cuisses,and iron ram hauberk set
 Unicorn.Yuffy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-11-22 18:27:43  
With full iron ram set, no. Unless you are Galka/Elvaan (maybe not Elvaan).

Not counting food but food hardly resolve the problem if you want to keep MDT capped and MDB so all in all, full iron ram isnt helping.

As a more realistic example, DRK and PLD have the same base HP and 1700HP is what a normal DRK gets when he's zerguing without any food (mithra/hume) so if you want to cap MDT and add some MDB, knowing that almost all MDT and MDB pieces dont have any HP on them, you can guess where you end. And pasta hardly cover the gap.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-12-31 00:41:30  
Bump,
Hi I have been reading this thread and I have had a few questions.
#1 I have Blood Cuisses would the IR legs be better then these for a MDB set? Well really my question is Resist or MDB?

#2 Avalon Breastplate worth the money or should I wait and get the IR body and use the full set. As I read I seen that DT-% is more important then DB.

Thanks
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-31 00:48:03  
Depends on the mob and how much resist really. +resist does very little until you hit certain amounts based on the mob but when you got enough to resist them its *** epic.

But MDB will always do the same amount. Also -1% magic dmg will just mathematically do more then 1 MDB. Though -magic dmg caps at 50% but really do reduce magic dmg with MDB by 50% you'd need +100 MDB lol.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-12-31 00:52:16  
So Avalon is worth it in a sence? Working on a Fire set also, so I could put -25% or so MDT and Fire resist and spots that don't have fire resist use MDB? Is this sounding right makeing sure I got the jist on all this lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-31 00:58:19  
Avalon is decent in that since the emnity and acc on it not bad either. And yeah if you can't cram whatever resist in that slot put -magic dmg or MDB or hp.

Basically resist sets will help force a resist on a mob depending on how much you get. Which can be the standard 1/2 1/4 1/8 1/16 at the end.

MDB is part of the MAB/MDB multiple. So you can see how it does less being as it divides and you have a base of 1.00.

and -magic dmg just does that subtracts that % but caps at 50%.

Hp just for surviving/less emnity loss.

Basically try to use the magic dmg formula but backwards to reduce dmg. Except int dont bother trying to get int high enough to lower dmg lol.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-12-31 01:02:35  
Thanks greatly appreciated just got so many different sets and what not.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-31 01:14:40  
Yeah... endgame tanking lots of different sets are kinda useful/needed just for 1 fight. And then slight tweaks for other fights or even just different setups for same fight lol. But if your tanks can survive with just minimal support indefinitely you can take on almost anything eventually with very small groups
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-31 01:42:40  
sounds like the ls you're applying to is one you don't want to be in, lol.

this is what I use in my magic build:
IR lance
IR sallet
IR hauberk
IR dastanas
2x merman's rings
resentment cape (swap with lamiea mantle+1 + 2x merman's earrings if needed)
lieutenant's sash
IR hose
IR solerets

comes out to:
-25% mdt (-24% with lamiea mantle setup)
+17 mdb (+21 with l. mantle setup)
+144 hp (with a few slots open)
+30 all elemental resist, but doesn't matter as much w/o a full resist build

decent build for the price so can't really argue with it at all, lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-31 01:48:43  
Needs more defending ring... jk.

The new ebur/ebon/furia set might be worth getting. The legs/feet have -magic dmg. And the body has -dmg. Think they all got decent def and emnity and some hp too. And then you might even be able to put some decent evoliths into them. At the very least maybe some MDB vs family lol
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-12-31 01:50:38  
@ Abriel quick question and where would you go from there for say a Fire resist set? When I look at it, it seems like they would be totally different sets
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-31 01:56:20  
Carbuncle.Aliceisback said:
@ Abriel quick question and where would you go from there for say a Fire resist set? When I look at it, it seems like they would be totally different sets
I'm not abriel but... This is a good site to find max stats... then compare how much you getting of each etc. It is somewhat dependent on what you fighting and how much outside fire you get. If you look hard enough you should be able to find target numbers of resist you need to get good resist on alot of the mean magical dmg mobs out there. So you can figure out how much your outside help is giving you and how much you need from that.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-31 01:58:51  
Remora.Abriel said:
sounds like the ls you're applying to is one you don't want to be in, lol.

this is what I use in my magic build:
IR lance
IR sallet
IR hauberk
IR dastanas
2x merman's rings
resentment cape (swap with lamiea mantle+1 + 2x merman's earrings if needed)
lieutenant's sash
IR hose
IR solerets

comes out to:
-25% mdt (-24% with lamiea mantle setup)
+17 mdb (+21 with l. mantle setup)
+144 hp (with a few slots open)
+30 all elemental resist, but doesn't matter as much w/o a full resist build

decent build for the price so can't really argue with it at all, lol
Sounds like my set I use.
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-31 02:16:56  
I'm not quite sure what the requirements really are, but you can get:

rings:
+11 - triumph+1
+10 - malflame/harmonius/triumph
+9 - ruby/crimson/victory+1

earrings:
+12 - celestial/triumph+1/communion+1
+11 - harmonious/star/triumph/communion
+10 - crimson/ruby/sapphire/victory+1/serenity+1

waist:
+20 - water belt

neck:
+10 - jeweled collar/buburimu gorget

back:
+12 - cerberus+1
+10 cerberus
+7 - casaba melon tank (lol, melons)

sword:
+15 - horotti

bow:
+14 - cerberus+1
+13 - cerberus

I just ran over ffxiclopedia for this, lol.
this is just not including visible armor since you'd need all 5 IR pieces to get the +30 bonus, it is possible to get more in these slots, but I think it requires you get some augment pieces (it's also possible to get more through augments on gear that already has +resist).

edit: the only limiting factor for resist kits is inventory space, and w/o a certain level of +resist (depending on enemy) these sets are generally useless.

edit 2: this os only fire resist, forgot to mention it, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-31 02:36:48  
Well for fire resist there are a few better options. For example the whole reason to use a swd over neptune staff is cause of the +10/15 resist all shields.

Black ribbon is +12 resist all. Assault breastplace is 15. Flame bracers 12 if you can get them if not best you can get is like 6 so MDB or whatever probably better unless it makes/breaks you. If you do high end assault bowmans legs give 15 as well and blood cuisses is another 20.

All the way pimped out for fire a pld can hit a good 200+ solo. Not including good augments
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-31 03:07:33  
Might consider using INT pieces in an MDB set where no MDB pieces are available. Like neck etc, since magic damage taken is based on INT vs INT
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-31 12:05:16  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Flame bracers 12 if you can get them

what are these?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-31 12:08:49  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Flame bracers 12 if you can get them
what are these?
Whoops. Looks like sometimes Kickassgear actually has .dat file equipment in it. First time I've seen that
 Midgardsormr.Kempher
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Kempher
By Midgardsormr.Kempher 2010-01-02 15:14:01  
Is there any point getting IR body if u have V body?
 Hades.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Hades
user: tidis
By Hades.Tidis 2010-01-02 15:20:10  
Midgardsormr.Kempher said:
Umm 2 extra enmity, Magic defence bonus +5 and elemental resistance if you have the full set, definately worth having both
 Midgardsormr.Kempher
By Midgardsormr.Kempher 2010-01-02 15:34:27  

Ya its the only piece of IR I don't have. Been trying to decide if it was worth the AN to get. Thanks.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-02 15:42:38  
Well chances are the V body will reduce dmg more unless that 5 resist somehow breaks you into a resistance tier. But don't use flash in it lol. Or melee or anything that recast matters
 Hades.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Hades.Tidis 2010-01-02 15:56:38  
and on that note I should really have changed job before I did the old "Queue for update", now everyone will see me as a lvl 8 cor for a while
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-02 15:59:19  

I'm going to be an *** here, but I hope you don't have V Body if you can't see what an IR Body does better than it <_< V Body is a macro piece for damage reduction (both magical/physical) and idle when you're not engaged if you don't have Ares Body and the enemy does a lot of AoEs (else Vermillion Cloak) - that is it.

For everything else, you want different bodies.
 Midgardsormr.Kempher
By Midgardsormr.Kempher 2010-01-02 18:43:35  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

I'm going to be an *** here, but I hope you don't have V Body if you can't see what an IR Body does better than it <_< V Body is a macro piece for damage reduction (both magical/physical) and idle when you're not engaged if you don't have Ares Body and the enemy does a lot of AoEs (else Vermillion Cloak) - that is it.

For everything else, you want different bodies.

Wait a sec, your telling me i wasn't supposed to drop all my other gear when i got my Valhalla Breastplate? #*^@ my life! -.-

I meant is there any point spending 75,000 allied notes and inventory -1 just for my mdt set. Or would V body do a good enough job.

Also i should mention i only use my PLD occasionally for dyna/sky/limbus. Mostly I'm on ranja for events and i solo my exp to keep my buffer @ 44k.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-02 19:41:02  
I just see so many Paladins who never swap gears :( there is no better enmity body than IR except Hydra though I don't think? So always useful. If we're talking purely magic def though, Valhalla is the best unless you have an Aegis.
 Hades.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Hades.Tidis 2010-01-02 19:56:28  
That really depends, Paladin was my first 75 job so for a long time I never swapped gear either, as i've slowly gained a greater understanding of the game i've been constantly adding to my gear so now I swap gear frequently.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-02 20:01:45  
Yah, it's okay if you're starting out. Just with a Valhalla Body if you didn't ... jealousy talking here D:<
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-02 20:03:50  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I just see so many Paladins who never swap gears :( there is no better enmity body than IR except Hydra though I don't think? So always useful. If we're talking purely magic def though, Valhalla is the best unless you have an Aegis.
Sorta depends on what else you are working with if Aegis will make IR better(I know if they have aegis assume the best cept maybe defending ring and minervas ring). (especially since the more -Magic dmg you get the more it will do kinda like haste while MDB will do less and less by %)

Now it really becomes an issue of hitting caps on -magic dmg and which slots to change out to stay near the cap will result in the highest MDB.

Now assuming no defending or minerva's ring but everything else for max -dmg or -magic dmg we can hit -46% magic dmg and -10% all from valahalla gear.

So if we take out body that would leave us 51% (none of the other peices give 1% using pimped gear and even getting only 1% even vs a almost 4 MDB is better at that. And you get 5 MAB.

However let's say you get rid of coral legs/feet instead still putting us at -51% magic dmg replace them with IR legs and Ataractic Solea you get 8 MDB not to mention a bit more hp.