Blue Mage (Regurgitation/Spell Casting Set)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blue Mage (Regurgitation/Spell Casting Set)
Blue Mage (Regurgitation/Spell Casting Set)
First Page 2
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-10-22 08:57:31  
I'm looking to make a good spellcasting set, as up to this point I've mostly gone the physical damage route on BLU. I'd appreciate it if anyone could list their gear and magic spell set they use for this type of setup. Adding a screenshot of your damage would just be a bonus.

I greatly appreciate any assistance that is provided.

Thanks
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-10-22 12:09:23  
Figure I'll give this a bump and see if anyone bites.
[+]
 Ifrit.Neubian
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Neubian
By Ifrit.Neubian 2009-10-22 12:23:43  
Link to some discussions on BLU nuking and gear sets:http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21880
[+]
 Alexander.Jeffreyjelly
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Jeffreyjelly 2009-10-23 00:30:51  
my kinda gimp in some places gear set for

Mind Blast:

Regurgitation:

Magic Hammer:

Eyes on Me:

hope it gives you an idea... they prob are not the best but i hope they give you and idea... prob more under my item sets if you wana look ^^
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-23 08:14:34  
Jeffreyjelly said:

Magic Hammer:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=92784

i wonder if Light grip would be better. I normally equip the water grip on regurgitation.. but that goes only in kiting purposes of bigger things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-23 12:35:57  
Light Grip is either 1 or 0 MACC over Raptor +1 depending on your dMND check. 2 MND v at most 1 MACC, I'd take the MND.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-23 13:11:18  
This is my Regurgitation Build. Recently got Mamool Ja Earring, will test the difference, but it should be ~the same damage.

A couple of damage pics, not overly exciting mobs, but on Tanihwa I think I've done over 700 with memento mori, convergence and BA.

User submitted image

User submitted image

Oh, and the bind actually stuck on dynamis - qufim boss last night, wasn't expecting that :p
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-10-23 13:15:28  
Thanks for all the tips. It looks like I need to finish getting 20k points on both assaults and get the two yigit pieces as most everyone has them in those two slots unless they have morrigan's. I'm 3/4 of the way in points to picking up an omega ring as well. I'll also camp the moldy earring this weekend, and then I should be able to replicate most of the common gear setups I've seen.

Blazza, could you also let me know which spells you equip? I know magic attack bonus from the spell set is a must, but I was just wondering what else you went with.

Thanks
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-23 13:30:19  
Erm, those two screenies were probably set for max damage, so it would be every INT spell I could get my hands on, followed by every MND spell I could equip. So setting those spells in a practical sense is insanely rare, as it makes you completely useless for anything BUT regurgitation, Tanihwa is probably the only situation I would do that, but I guess it makes it viable in other NM situations too. Even with your regular spells set, you can still pump out decent numbers with regurgitation if you have a good build, I was Magic Bursting it in Temenos West for 700 (with convergence) the other day.

Side note: Has anyone ever had problems magic bursting regurgitation? For some reason regurgitation just will NOT MB on some mobs (Tanihwa for one). I've duo'd a LOT (~80) of weaker Tanihwa's, so I've tried many a time, and it simply will not MB. I've had it land at the same time, slightly before, and slightly after my RDM friends blizzard MB and it's never landed. I can MB corrosive ooze no problem, and regurgitation works on other mobs... Anyone have any clue what that's about?
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-10-23 13:36:52  
Well there are some times when we have plenty of healers, enfeeblers, etc. and we are fighting mobs that are ridiculously physical resistant or immune; so I'd be ok with setting every spell to boost int and mnd and not have to worry about anything else.

I just didn't know if you shot for any other spell set combination outside of the magic attack bonus one.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-23 13:49:01  
Nah, most of the time if I'm going for full on magical damage I'll be going for a breath set-up, allows me to deal more damage in less time. However, regurgitation does have advantages over that too, as it's pretty much impossible to pull hate with it, and your damage isn't going to be gimped if you take damage. Unfortunately the next best thing to equip with regurgitation is corrosive ooze, but they're both water based which obviously can be situationally sucky, whereas you can equip heat breath, frost breath and flying hip press (as well as poison breath for excellent damage/mp ratio) and cover all your bases. That sort of set-up works well on the top floor of NE (I think) Apollyon, where you can spam breath spells, together with MP drainkiss and magic hammer and the mobs die fast enough that you can just cast utsu:ni and keep spamming your spells when you pull hate.
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-10-23 14:32:48  
Makes sense. I just dont have enough inventory to add both a regurg gear set and a heat gear set right now. The regurg gear set can be slightly modified for magic hammer and mind blast right? I think I'll go with that one for now, and if I can manage to free up additional space I'll work on the heat build.

But for now, my inventory is really pressed.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-24 00:35:39  
Aye I know what you mean about inventory concerns, only time I carry my breath build AND my regurg build are in dynamis where I know I'll only need 1-2 spare inventory tops.

But you're right, the regurgitation build I posted will work very well as a magic hammer build even without any adjustments. The difference is that you don't need to worry about INT at all for magic hammer, but most of the best INT gear for blu also happens to be the best MND gear.

I don't use mind blast pretty much ever, but I'm fairly sure you'd use the exact same build as magic hammer.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Shambo
サーバ: Asura
user: Shambo
By Asura.Shambo 2009-12-24 22:10:00  
what should i do to make regurgitations bind last longer.
[+]
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-12-24 23:32:09  
Asura.Shambo said:

/em vomits in Shambo's lap....
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-24 23:43:46  
MACC? I'm not even sure the duration isn't random, not to mention the chance it'll break from damage.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-24 23:53:07  
If it's anything like conventional enfeebles, skill and m.acc tend to be the way to go for "duration", i.e. having it land unresisted. We don't exactly get much in the skill department, though, so probably buckets of m.acc are your best bet.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
MACC? I'm not even sure the duration isn't random, not to mention the chance it'll break from damage.

Doesn't only subsequent damage break bind? It doesn't bind before the damage is dealt... does it?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-24 23:59:18  
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Doesn't only subsequent damage break bind? It doesn't bind before the damage is dealt... does it?
Yeah, I was talking about damage after the spell, not the damage from the spell itself.
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-26 15:42:09  
I haven't noticed anything that helps to increase bind's duration. some times it'll last 5 sec, some times nearly 2 min., I think it's a safe bet to say that it's completely random. I've been playing around with it a lot in 120+ int, 115+ mnd, 292 skill, +10 macc from merits and neptune's staff, it's duration always varies.
[+]
 Asura.Shambo
user: Shambo
By Asura.Shambo 2009-12-29 19:04:35  
Asura.Hit said:
Asura.Shambo said:
/em vomits in Shambo's lap....

lol thx hit. saved me there
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-12-30 08:53:44  
The bind effect seems to be totally random, but it will be much more effective on lower level mobs. Soloing Despot it's fairly reliable and has a decent duration, but soloing greater amphipteres in Xarc {S} is a very different story. Whether the bind will land at all is anyones guess, and often it doesn't even last long enough to get another one off. From memory I generally used high damage build rather than skill build and resists for damage were close to non-existent. It's been quite a while since I've killed one (and probably won't again considering all the drops are worth ***) though, so I can't really make a comparison to high skill/macc gear.

Tanihwa, the MMM mob that doesn't drop my goddamn sword, I use a lot of regurgitation on and have tried a lot of different builds. I've been fighting a pretty hard version of it regularly for quite a while so I can do a little bit of comparison. Getting full damage out of regurgitation on this is tough, resist rates are really high even for damage, so I generally go for full skill/macc rather than damage. It IS possible for bind to land on this, but it's extremely rare and doesn't seem to really have any correlation to damage, nor does using convergence and/or burst affinity seem to affect the odds of bind sticking.

Basically, there are going to be some mobs where it's just not going to be a reliable form of bind on. While I'd still say skill/macc gives the highest chance of bind landing, you're probably better off to simply go for maximum damage and, if you need the bind to go off, hope for the best.
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-30 11:26:28  
the bind effect is more or less of a gimic, may be even a widget. it's nice that it's there, but don't rely on it 'cause it's not the only factor that makes the spell as good as it is.
[+]
 Valefor.Grozny
サーバ: Valefor
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2010-01-07 10:02:04  
You could probably try using ice/aquilo's if you are in a situation where you are more focused on the bind.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-07 10:14:26  
I've honestly never had problems with Bind not sticking unless the mob had innate resistance to Bind. I'd keep using Water/Neptune's. Could drop Errant body for AF as a lesser sacrifice in damage with a decent gain in MACC if you're really worried about it though.
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-07 10:18:27  
should be using Neptune's either way, just because a status effect can be one element from another spell doesn't mean that those attributes carry on to another spell's additional effects, lol.

there's no getting around the boost in macc and magic dmg% increase. only other possible weapon I see being useful would be alkallurops and, if I remember right, even field testing with it showed that it didn't match up to Neptune's.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-07 10:22:28  
Alkalurops doesn't match up to Neptune's, no. The question arose after I showed Magnetite Cloud's Gravity effect is Wind-based over at FFXIclopedia. Haven't checked Regurgitation, but it would be easy enough to prove/disprove the Bind is Ice with an elemental in Beaucedine or Xarcabard. Even if it is I don't think it's worth the damage loss.
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-07 11:02:13  
I don't really see any data samples, are you sure the effect isn't just being resisted because elementals have an innate resistance towards debuffs that are normally considered under their spell set? because even though physical stun spells don't have an elemental affinity they don't work on thunder elementals/ramuh, disseverment's/feather storm's poison effect won't land on water eles/levithan, and so on for physical spells. for magical spells it's no different, but I'm less inclined to assume that it means the additional effect is aligned to a completely different element, I'd sooner believe that they had no elemental affinity at all.

I'm just saying it's not the best idea to use elementals for such testing, just because of the fact they'll resist any debuffs that are normally under their elemental spell set no matter the true affinity of what's being used.

note: don't always trust wiki's info (on the matter of jettatura), there's no evidence to back this claim up, but I'd possibly believe it if there was data considering that earth is affiliated with darkess.

edit: terror seems to be an earth based ability, so it's only natural that it would be resisted by earth elementals.
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-07 11:21:17  
I nearly forgot light based sleeps will land on dark eles, but they are still resisted often.
[+]
 Valefor.Grozny
サーバ: Valefor
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2010-01-08 09:41:36  
Last night during LS gather, I was messing around soloing some grah and aerns in the garden of ru'hmet as /thf. I got unlucky and got an ice grah, being unable to bind it w/ regurg made the solo harder.
First Page 2