Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-06-21 10:02:33  
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
new RDM (well returning, might as well be a noob) question:
I'm told RDM stomps dps melee now.
Is this purely due to ambuscade sword or/and ML levels or are people exaggerating and this is more hyperbole by disgruntled RDMs who don't get to melee? it's RDM, since the days of valkrum dunes they have been claiming to "stomp". So forgive me if I am uninformed and they really are power houses now, but also forgive me for being doubtful.

I don't know about stomps, but it's pretty good.
  • Temper 2 has continued to get better as gear is released/ml.

• Fantastic weapon options for all damage types, including the only club skill that matters (black halo).

• With gear/distract you rarely have to swap out the tp bonus sword.

• Good multistep sc options as long as you have a fusion ws (KoR/Empyreal)

• Pretty defensive with good FC for utsu and defensive magic.

While I use the ambu sword quite often, Excalibur, Tauret, and Maxentius see almost equal usage. It's come a long way from the days of me complaining I'm not allowed to melee on crabs in the Boyahda Tree.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-21 10:16:07  
Cerberus.Natsuhiko said: »
Is this purely due to ambuscade sword or/and ML levels or are people exaggerating and this is more hyperbole by disgruntled RDMs who don't get to melee? it's RDM, since the days of valkrum dunes they have been claiming to "stomp". So forgive me if I am uninformed and they really are power houses now, but also forgive me for being doubtful.

• Fantastic weapon options for all damage types, including the only club skill that matters (black halo).

While I use the ambu sword quite often, Excalibur, Tauret, and Maxentius see almost equal usage. It's come a long way from the days of me complaining I'm not allowed to melee on crabs in the Boyahda Tree.

This, but also: Crocea is nuts, and enspells can do respectable damage, adding considerably to your overall DPS.

Because of time spent buffing/debuffing, our RDM never tops the parse, but it's similar to our COR's damage. If left to strictly DPS and not have to silence, dispel, distract, dia, haste, etc. it could possibly be close to a full DPS job. Really depends who's playing it and who's playing the DPS job.

It's very versatile, can do magical, blunt, slashing, piercing(kinda) and adds a lot of nice buffs and debuffs. It probably won't do more damage than other jobs by itself, but if you consider the overall increase in DPS it brings to the party, it's a solid contributor.
By Dodik 2023-06-21 10:26:29  
As long as you're not that guy that thinks rdm is there to buff only themselves and dd and do nothing else.

Rdm isn't a dd, but it can dd decently well on top of its main thing, debuffs/buffs.
By LightningHelix 2023-06-21 10:29:02  
And of course, with Crocea Mors there's also a niche for "things you can melee, but that have glaring elemental weaknesses" - enspells plus Seraph/Sanguine/Red Lotus Blades can shred specific things in an eyeblink, and most jobs don't have that weird combo of melee damage and elemental damage.

(that said, it's not for everything obviously)
 Bahamut.Kahraba
サーバ: Bahamut
user: ashcrow
By Bahamut.Kahraba 2023-06-21 10:37:00  

Red Mage gets the most through ML not gonna LIE
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-21 10:42:41  
Red Mage can do a lot now, it's DD potential wasn't be the same as the heavies like WAR/DRK/DRG/MNK/SAM but it's still really nice with the ability to do magic, physical and SC damage. It works best in lower buffed scenarios where the self buffs really shine, we discovered that RDM/NIN + GEO/NIN + SCH/WHM was an amazing trio that could just rip through stuff.
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-21 11:21:37  
exciting. will get around to it once i'm done with my blu.
By the way, short of searching through the RDM thread, is there some secret new website where all the BiS/situational BiS equipsets are updated? a 5 earth year hiatus is like 10-15 in FFXI.
Where did everyone go..
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-06-21 11:50:25  
exciting. will get around to it once i'm done with my blu.
By the way, short of searching through the RDM thread, is there some secret new website where all the BiS/situational BiS equipsets are updated? a 5 earth year hiatus is like 10-15 in FFXI.
Where did everyone go..

Sadly I don't think any one spot is up-to-date on everything.
VIP
By Lili 2023-06-21 12:10:55  
http://www.ffxiah.com/node/349/ Nuance's node is a good starting point. Some of the sets are not current-bis but it's a very solid reference.
[+]
 Odin.Lawii
サーバ: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-06-21 12:11:54  
Nuance does a good job of updating stuff.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55385/rdm-end-game-gear-guide/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-21 12:57:04  
Odin.Lawii said: »
thank you guys.
exactly what I needed.
but, also seriously now feeling like an XI boomer.
wtf is this? lol
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-06-21 13:24:54  
Odin.Lawii said: »
thank you guys.
exactly what I needed.
but, also seriously now feeling like an XI boomer.
wtf is this? lol

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-21 13:38:24  
Tbh Asuran fists and that H2H is just for fun on RDM. On DNC it's a valid blunt option, but for RDM it doesn't have much sense.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-21 13:47:41  
SimonSes said: »
Tbh Asuran fists and that H2H is just for fun on RDM. On DNC it's a valid blunt option, but for RDM it doesn't have much sense.
not with Maxentius in this world, that's for sure.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-21 14:09:51  
SimonSes said: »

Tabbiyaa Gambit has entered the chat.

I know Requiescat is a thing...as long as you already have TP before it uses the move...but all blunt are not the same in all situations.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-06-21 14:14:32  
wtf is this? lol

Lol, Karambit is one of the Ambuscade weapons - some really strong, if somewhat situational for the most part, weapons that got added back in 2019 I think? or 20. Karambit is the h2h one and has some relly weird jobs on it. Gives +50% damage to all hits of Asuran Fists, gains tons of TP on each crit, and gave some jobs, like dnc, a surprisingly solid blunt option.
By Argisto 2023-06-21 14:28:08  

Is there something that needs to be updated here? I haven't done much with nuke/MB sets outside of some obvious upgrades.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-06-21 14:37:36  
Argisto said: »

Is there something that needs to be updated here? I haven't done much with nuke/MB sets outside of some obvious upgrades.

Big Edit: I had some time to sit down and hunt for the info I was looking for.

Healing Magic - It's mentioned in the Nuance thread that Regal Earring is more cure power than the Beatific Earring. Additionally, Nuance states that they haven't editted them since ML, so thing's like Naji's Loop might not have been looked at. I was looking for a post about Bunzi's Robe but I think that might have been a DT healing set.

Empyreal Arrow - Some math here talks about fotia belt/neck winning, and above it talks about ftp scaling on Empyreal Arrow making me wonder if Moonshade would be a better option.

Nuking sets - This is gonna depend on buffs, but Izanami ran some sims here.

I don't run the damage sims myself, but those are some things that might be worth looking at.
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-21 15:27:10  
Lili said: »
Gives +50% damage to all hits of Asuran Fists
wow what?
i gotta get me some lol
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-06-21 17:05:21  
Lili said: »
Gives +50% damage to all hits of Asuran Fists
wow what?
i gotta get me some lol
they're a strong weapon, won't beat R15s but probably the best h2h otherwise. I can't think of a reason that a RDM would use it over a club, though.

Healing Magic - It's mentioned in the Nuance thread that Regal Earring is more cure power than the Beatific Earring. Additionally, Nuance states that they haven't editted them since ML, so thing's like Naji's Loop might not have been looked at. I was looking for a post about Bunzi's Robe but I think that might have been a DT healing set.
I can make an optimizer for RDM healing sets tonight if anyone has a list of gear to consider and the base stats/skills. Would be able to optimize based on enmity, DT, self healing, SIRD, anything really if anyone can just supply that kind of info
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-21 21:27:24  
For RDM single target cures, it's really easy to hit 700 cure power. After that it's just Cure Potency and weather. Curaga on the other hand is more squishy on it's scaling and favors tons of MND.
By Argisto 2023-06-23 22:05:49  
Updated the free nuke and magic burst sets after doing some math. Added a defensive curing set, added Regal Earring to the other cure sets and added an attack focused Empyreal Arrow set.

Please let me know if anything else needs some attention.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-28 07:24:17  
Argisto said: »
Updated the free nuke and magic burst sets after doing some math. Added a defensive curing set, added Regal Earring to the other cure sets and added an attack focused Empyreal Arrow set.

Please let me know if anything else needs some attention.
thank you sir.
just need a pulse weapon to bloody drop and my dreams of being Magic Monk will soon be achieved.
By 3rbii 2023-07-01 19:43:46  
can anyone post an updated black halo set?
By drakefs 2023-07-01 20:08:10  
The Black Halo set in https://www.ffxiah.com/node/349/ is up to date.
By Blazed1979 2023-07-02 05:41:19  
I got that SU5 dagger to capped rank with the enspell dmg+ route. I'm dual wielding it with a KC off-hand. I am melting bunnies in bibiki bay solo.
this is crack cocain!
I think I just quit all other jobs lol
any suggestions on a better build than this: Dropped all DA/TA/QA gear. Dual wield augment on carmine+1 legs.
Crep+ Telos earring for accu/stp
Combatant's torque for the extra bit of accuracy/skill for club.
Lehko's ring
Can't think of anything for ranged.

EDIT: NVM, I forgot RDM is on Ullr lol. can spam Empyreal Arrow now :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2023-08-27 10:34:11  
Slightly confused on jse capes for some ws:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I imagine this would be the ideal spread with optimized capes:

sanguine blade is mnd, macc+mdmg, wsd
black halo is mnd, acc+atk, wsd
KoR is str OR mnd, acc+atk, wsd (likely str better for slightly more atk right?)
death blossom is mnd, acc+atk, wsd

is that correct? I am deciding if I want the sanguine cape with macc/mdmg or just be lazy and reuse one of the others but also I just was not sure if I'd gotten it right before I make new capes <.<
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-08-27 11:11:48  
Asura.Neviskio said: »
Slightly confused on jse capes for some ws:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I imagine this would be the ideal spread with optimized capes:

sanguine blade is mnd, macc+mdmg, wsd
black halo is mnd, acc+atk, wsd
KoR is str OR mnd, acc+atk, wsd (likely str better for slightly more atk right?)
death blossom is mnd, acc+atk, wsd

is that correct? I am deciding if I want the sanguine cape with macc/mdmg or just be lazy and reuse one of the others but also I just was not sure if I'd gotten it right before I make new capes <.<

Sanguine blade it depends on whether or not you are using crocea mors (mnd with, int without) but otherwise you are correct.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-08-27 11:49:49  
imo, all those physical weaponskills also have STR mods, you can probably handle with just 1 STR, acc+atk, WSD cape.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-08-27 14:45:34  
you're already making a 30 MND, MAcc/MDmg cape for Mind based enfeebles, throw WSD onto that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10