Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
By Argisto 2024-03-03 04:08:31  
I was asked recently "How do we know negative status effect resistance ranks behave the same way as elemental resistance ranks at the highest resistances?" I couldn't find the source that I remembered reading so this lead to today's testing.

The test: Cast Sleep on Eschan Sorcerers in Escha-Zi'tah and tally the number of spells landed/partial resists/full resists per Immunobreak tiers 5%, 10% and 15%. No testing on Darksday/Lightday, casting during neutral weather. Saboteur not used. Vorseals were on and refreshed as they wore but shouldn't have any effect on outcome.

Mlvl.33 RDM/NIN Sleep equipment
Main: Murgleis
Sub: Crocea Mors
Range: Ullr
Head: Vitiation Chapeau +3
Neck: Sanctity Necklace
Ear1: Malignance Earring
Ear2: Regal Earring
Body: Atrophy Tabard +3
Hands: Lethargy Gantherots +3
Rings 1&2: Stikini Rings +1 x2
Back: Sucellos's Cape (INT +30, Mag. Acc. +20)
Waist: Acuity Belt +1 R15
Legs: Vitiation Tights +3
Feet: Vitiation Boots +3

5/5 Magic accuracy merits
136+250 INT-not including vorseal effects

Data
No Immunobreaks Rank A+ (5%)
Full Duration: 0 (0%)
Partial Resist: 0 (0%)
Full Resist: 1000 (100%)

One Immunobreak Rank A (10%)
Full Duration: 24 (3.55...%)
Partial Resist: 24 (3.55...%)
Full Resist: 628 (92.89...%)

Two Immunobreaks Rank B+ (15%)
Full Duration: 98 (98%)
Partial Resist: 2 (2%)
Full Resist: 0 (0%)

I stopped counting at 100 at the 2 Immunobreak B+ (15%) tier because I didn't see the point in continuing to count a tier with a success rate like this. This verifies that negative status effect resistance ranks have a guaranteed resist state level 4 at rank A+ (5%) and most likely a capped hit rate of 5% at rank A (10%) like elemental resistance ranks. This also confirms that there is no guaranteed 1/2 resist for negative status effect ranks like there is with elemental resistance ranks as evidenced by the full duration spells at rank A (10%) and rank B+ (15%).
[+]
By K123 2024-03-03 05:59:58  
Great, but does this work exactly the same way for NMs as normal mobs?
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2024-03-03 19:23:03  
Slow immunobreaks work for bard elegys.

[+]
By Argisto 2024-03-03 19:51:06  
K123 said:
Great, but does this work exactly the same way for NMs as normal mobs?

Yes, it does. If you'd like to verify all you need to do is jump into the Odin HTMB and cast a Stymie powered Silence on him with no Immunobreaks. You will land Silence for half duration. If you trigger one Immunobreak without Chironic Hose and cast a Stymie powered Silence on him you will land for full duration.

Sylph.Reain said:
Slow immunobreaks work for bard elegys.

Indeed it does. Elegy listed as being affected by the Resist Slow trait in the "Resist!" section of BG. It's interesting that they are considered the same negative status effect as opposed to Lullaby/Dark based Sleep.

Edit for clarity
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-04 11:52:44  
Thank you for all of the awesome testing, Argisto and Reain! I've always wondered if Resist! traits and Immunobreaks had any sort of interaction.

I was curious if Elegy would work with this so I'm glad I don't have to test it myself. I read a few pages back that BLU spells can benefit from Immunobreak. Given that BRD and BLU spells can benefit from them, I'm curious if SMN's Bitter Elegy would too. It's a wind-based Elegy so I have no idea if that would affect things.

I’ve been doing some testing with Resist! traits and terror. I noticed a while back that I got a Resist! in Ambuscade from the Soulflayer’s Blistering Roar. Likewise, the wave 1 boss in Dynamis - Jeuno (D) got a Resist! against my PLD/BLU using Jettatura. I went and double checked to see if Resist! worked against Quarrelsome Hippogryph’s Jettatura. As expected, it did not.

Next, I went out to Ballista to test some stuff out and had some interesting results. It would appear that either Blue Magic terrors work differently from monster’s terror or there are two tiers of it. First off, Resist! Petrify works against Blue Magic’s terrors. I tested this by using Gold Capriccio. Afterwards, I had a BLU use Jettatura and Absolute Terror against my PLD/WHM. Both Resist! gear and Terror Resistance (Sagasinger + Founder’s Greaves) seemed to work against both spells. Resist! gear gave the typical Resist! message. However, Terror Resistance gave me a goofy message from Absolute Terror. It just said, “Dekar receives the effect of (None)” while Jettatura said, “XXX’s Jettatura had no effect on Dekar.”

Besides some other BLU spells, the only other sources of terror that I know of are BST’s Feral Howl and the Hippogryph Familiar’s Jettatura. I noticed on the Feral Howl page it mentions that fire-based monsters “tend to be immune.” No idea how old that info is, but given that terror is earth-based, I’m curious if there’s anything special about Feral Howl.

I honestly have no idea if an Immunobreak would help land terror or if there would even be a point. The only benefit I could imagine would be wanting to terror something and zerg it down before it could react, similar to that Ambuscade with the Fomor Summoner. Then again, screwing around and trying to get Immunobreak with Break/Breakga sounds like a good way to get yourself killed.
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-03-04 13:48:24  
I'm surprised and very glad at the same time, that people started to dive deep into mechanic that late in the game cycle XD
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-04 13:50:23  
Argisto said: »
It's interesting that they are considered the same negative status effect
The thing that really surprises me about this is that Slow and Elegy are two separate debuffs and stack together.
I mean if they shared the same slot I would've been less surprised about Immunobreak affecting Elegy

At this point it makes me wonder if proccing immunobreak might have some effect to all debuffs sharing the same element as the one that procced the immunobreak?
But elegy is more specific than that. It's not "just" the same element, it's also the same effect (slow) but on two separate slots.
By Argisto 2024-03-05 02:12:40  
More Immunobreak verification from this blog-testing the upper limit of Immunobreak.

Went to Ra'Kaznar Inner Court to verify the maximun number of Immunobreaks possible.

The test: As a naked Mlvl. 33 RDM/WHM, cast Blind on Apex Umbrils and record the maximum number of Immunobreaks. It took a few tries to get these samples since there is still a chance to land the spell even naked.

Results of Blind casts listed in order.

Key: I=Immunobreak, R=Full Resist

Apex Umbril Sample 1: I / I / R / I / R / I / I / I / I / Rx18 until finally landing

Apex Umbril Sample 2: R / I / R / R / R / I / I / I / I / I / I / Rx34 until finally landing

One last sample with only Chironic Hose equipped:

Apex Umbril Sample 3: I / R / I / R / R / I / I / RX21 until finally landing

This confirms that the maximum nubmer of Immunobreaks is 7 without Chironic Hose equipped ending at rank C- (50%), and four Immunobreaks with Chironic Hose equipped. Even though Chironic hose grants an extra rank reduction per Immunobreak, it is unknown at this time if Chironic Hose actually grants an extra rank reduction (2+2+2+2=8 total) up to rank D (60%), or if it stops at rank C- (50%).

Next, I cast some spells on a few other enemies while naked to see if their stated elemental resistance rank mirrors their negative status effect resistance rank.

We already know from the first test above that Apex Umbril Blind resistance mirrors their Dark elemental resistance rank A+ (5%)

Blind on Apex Bats: I / R / I / Rx14 until finally landing

Sleep on Apex Bats: I / I / Rx16 until finally landing

Only 2 Immunobreaks for each spell means each rank starts at C+ (30%) which mirroring their elemental resistance rank.

Blind on Disheveled Naraka: I / R / I / R / R / I / I / I / Rx28 until finally landing.

5 Immunobreaks means a starting point of rank B+ (15%), also mirroring its Dark elemental resistance rank.

Paralyze on Apex Bhoot: I / I / I / I / R / R / I / R / I / I

7 Immunobreaks indicating a rank of A+ (5%), differing from it's rank C (40%) Ice elemental rank.

There are likely more examples of normal enemies whose negative status effect resistance ranks differ from their elemental resistance ranks.

Cerberus.Dekar said:
I was curious if Elegy would work with this so I'm glad I don't have to test it myself. I read a few pages back that BLU spells can benefit from Immunobreak. Given that BRD and BLU spells can benefit from them, I'm curious if SMN's Bitter Elegy would too. It's a wind-based Elegy so I have no idea if that would affect things.

This would obviously need some testing but these avatar pacts may work in the same way Repose does. Repose does not rely on elemental resistance ranks and has its own negative status effect resistance rank. You can test this by casting Repose on an Apex Toad (30% Light). You can easily land for full duration despite its light elemental resistance rank. Also, Repose is not affected by "Resist!" traits like other forms of sleep. Again, this is just a hypothesis and needs testing.

Asura.Sechs said:
At this point it makes me wonder if proccing immunobreak might have some effect to all debuffs sharing the same element as the one that procced the immunobreak?

It seems that if a negative status effect has it's own resistance rank (i.e. Slow), then other spells of the same element that are subject to the corresponding "Resist!" trait can be influenced by Immunobreak. Spells that only share an element and not the same effect (Sleep/Blind) do not share resistance ranks-I verified this by casting both Blind and Sleep on an Apex Umbril and was able to trigger 7 Immunobreaks simultaneously for each effect (it was a pain to do).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-05 02:24:31  
It seems that if a negative status effect has it's own resistance rank (i.e. Slow), then other spells of the same element that are subject to the corresponding "Resist!" trait can be influenced by Immunobreak.
Thanks for the test, this confirms what we already suspected and used to my own advantage.
For instance when I wanted to land Slow2/Para2/Blind2 I used the lower tier spells to land the higher tier more easily, this was already suggesting they shared the same immunobreak.

It sorta also explains the test performed a while ago where sleep immunobreak were affecting dark based BLU sleeps as well.

It doesn't explain Elegy benefitting from Slow immunobreak though.
Granted that, again, they share the element and, again, they sorta share the same effect, it's not exactly the same effect because it's not mutually exclusive, they stack together.
Like think BLU sleeps vs Sleep. It's one or the other.
Or Slow vs Slow2, it's one or the other (the higher tier one overwrites the lower tier one, but it's a different story).
But Elegy and Slow? They stack, both can be up at the same time.

Is SE aware of this? Is this working as intended or an unforseen consequence of the way they coded immunobreak?
Because I'd say it's the latter.
And if it's so, is there any other scenario where we could benefit from this?
Because I can totally see Slow immunobreaks helping BRD landing elegy being actually quite a nice thing, strategically speaking for some fights where landing Elegy is tough.
 Valefor.Aspens
サーバ: Valefor
user: Aspens
By Valefor.Aspens 2024-03-05 07:36:33  
Surprising to see immunobreak slow helping elegy. It would be interesting to see if immunobreak wins (silence gravity) impacted threnody. Would be very surprising but very helpful in some fights.
By Nariont 2024-03-05 07:53:29  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Is SE aware of this? Is this working as intended or an unforseen consequence of the way they coded immunobreak?
Because I'd say it's the latter.

Its likely working as intended for the same reason immunobreaks help with blu debuffs, elegy is still giving slow(status) just under a different name
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-13 14:27:25  
I decided to mess around and test BLM/BLU to see if Immunobreaks would help Blue Magic Terror land. Apparently they do. I tested it on the Earth Elementals in Ru'Aun Gardens #2 HP.

I never landed Jettatura without two Immunobreaks first. So... that's a thing.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-14 08:56:10  
Something is definitely at play here.

So we recently found out that immunobreak for the same element/spell category lower the resistance against similar (but different) spells with the same effect sharing the same slot.
Examples: sleepga immunobreak allowing to land Dream Flower

Then we learned that an immunobreak for a spell (slow) could influence the landing rate of another spell with same element but different (stacking) effect/debuff slot, that is Elegy.

Now we're learning that proccing immunobreak with a spell (break) can influence the landing rate of a completely different spell (jettatura) that lands an effect (terror) that supposedly has the same element (earth) and that shares the same slot (stun/terror/petrified all use the same debuff slot and do not stack)

Is it just me feeling a sudden interest for the potential of all of this?
This could lead to easier landing (or full duration) of spells that normally would be very hard/impossible to land, thanks to immunobreak procs that are appearently completely unrelated.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-14 14:56:36  
I should mention that I did try to land Stun using the Immunobreaks from Break but it did not land. I'm not sure it's because they're different elements (earth vs. thunder) or because there's a Resist! Stun and that's relevant to how these function.

Being able to land a ~30 second Terror from Absolute Terror would be pretty amazing for some fights. We'd just have to find things that can be hit with an Immunobreak from Break/Breakga.

There's a few things I'm curious about. Does element matter here? We have Bitter Elegy (wind) from Siren, but we'd need to find something that we cannot land Bitter Elegy on but still Immunobreak with Slow (earth).

Do Resist! traits and how they function matter here? I'm in the processing of testing things, but Resist! Slow will block white magic Addle, but NOT Nocturne from bard. I've done some basic testing with Colibris reflecting Nocturne and in Ballista, but I've yet to find a monster to cast Nocturne on me, save for Teles. Obviously Addle cannot Immunobreak, but I wonder if it could benefit from them the same way that elegy does.
By Argisto 2024-03-16 19:15:41  
Had some downtime in the middle of some other testing and decided to test Shiva's Sleepga and see how/if it interacted with negative status effect resistance ranks.

Went to Gusgen Mines as SMN/RDM and used Shiva's Sleepga on the skeletons there. Counted 50 resists in a row and stopped there. Next, I triggered 2 Immunobreaks on a Skeleton Warrior then used Shiva's Sleepga finally resulting in a successful cast.

Next, I went to Ru'Aun Gardens and cast sleep on each element type. Shiva's Sleepga landed on all elementals except on the Dark Elemental. Two Sleep Immunobreaks later and Shiva's Sleepga landed successfully.

Finally, I went to Doh Gates and used Shiva's Sleepga on an Apex Bats (30% Darkness). Sleepga landed successfully for full duration.

It seems like Shiva's Sleepga uses the same resistance rank as other dark based sleeps. It also does not have the ability to Immunobreak as expected.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-18 19:01:55  
I finally found some time to play around with a few things. First, it appears that Nightmare can take advantage of Immunobreaks. I can't fathom a situation where you'd use Nightmare over other Dark-based sleeps, save for needing to incapacitate something with a DoT.

What's interesting is Resist! traits don't block Nightmare. It looks like that doesn't matter in this case. I'm wondering if it has to 1) be the same element and 2) it has to apply a debuff that is functionally the same, regardless of whether or not it can stack like Slow/Elegy.

I also checked to see if Addle (and Nocturne) could benefit from Immunobreaks on Slow. It doesn't look like it. I can't say I'm surprised.

I'm still interested in seeing if Bitter Elegy can benefit from Immunobreaks. The only thing I can think to test on is Xevioso, but I don't have any segments to spare and I don't really have a well-geared SMN.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2024-03-20 21:42:55  
Wind Elemental should be fine. 5% Wind. 5% Earth.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-22 11:58:54  
Just tried to land Bitter Elegy on the Wind Elementals in Ru'Aun Gardens at HP #1. It was NOT able to land using Immunobreaks. After one Slow Immunobreak (with Chironic Pants), I was able to land Slow on them. However, Bitter Elegy never stuck. Looks like the element and the type of debuff matters.
[+]
By Argisto 2024-03-23 01:21:27  
Testing the limits of Immunobreak-Part II

Previous testing established a maximum of 7 Immunobreaks could be triggered without Chironic Hose when starting at rank A+ (5%), but it was unclear if using Chironic Hose granted an extra rank reduction to rank D(60%). Many Apex Bats later and I believe I have reached a conclusion.

The target: Level 130 Apex Bats in Doh Gates. Enemy level verified by casting Thunder and finding the ones that took the least amount of damage.

The test: In trial 1, trigger two Sleep Immunobreaks naked on an Apex Bats. Then, land Sleep with a specified amount of magic accuracy at the bat's modified Sleep resistance rank of C-(50%) and record the results. In trial 2, trigger one Sleep Immunobreak naked, then trigger a second Immunobreak wearing only Chironic Hose. Next, land Sleep with the previously specified magic accuracy and record the results. If Chironic Hose grants an additional Sleep resistance rank reduction to rank D(60%), then the change in required magic accuracy will be evident in trial 2 and there will be a noticeable rise in hit rate. If they do not grant an additional rank, hit rate will remain consistent between the samples.

Relevant stats:
M lvl 33 RDM/NIN
Sleep Equipment:
Main: Almace Magic Accuracy Skill +255
Range: Ullr Magic Accuracy +40
Left Ear: Crepuscular Earring Magic Accuracy +10
Right Ear: Dignitary's Earring Magic Accuracy +10
Back: Sucellos's Cape INT +30, Magic Accuracy +20
Ring1: Crepuscular Ring Magic Accuracy +10
Waist: Acuity Belt +1 R15 (1st place Unity) INT +23 Magic Accuracy +15
All other slots empty
509 Enfeebling Magic skill
Job point gifts+70 Magic Accuracy
Job Points +20 Magic Accuracy
5/5 Magic Accuracy Merits Magic Accuracy +25
INT 136+108 (with Gain-INT)=244, Enemy INT 238. 244-238=Magic Accuracy +6 from dINT
Total Magic Accuracy: 990

Test Data
Trial 1: Sleep at C-(50%)
Full Duration: 96 (64%)
Partial Resist: 42 (28%)
Full Resist: 12 (8%)

Trial 2: Sleep with Chironic Hose on second Immunobreak
Full Duration: 94 (62.6...%)
Partial Resist: 41 (27.3...%)
Full Resist: 15 (10%)

Both trials turned out to be very consistent with eachother. Based on the lack of significant change in hit rate when compared to the expected values in this Magic Accuracy table, I believe this is enough to determine that Chironic Hose does not grant an additional rank reduction which means rank C-(50%) is the cap for Immunobreak.

Bonus Testing:
While gathering data for the first trial, I found that the limit to the number of times you can reset an Apex Bats's Sleep resistance rank and still trigger an Immunobreak afterwards is 15. This means there were a total of 16 cylces of Sleep rank modification possible. Any Sleeps landed with no Immunobreaks in between had no effect on this number, nor did the total number of individual Immunobreaks triggered overall.

Some data:
Sample 1
# of Immunobreaks Prior to landing Sleep in order:
2 / 2 / 1 / 2 / 2 / 1 / 0 / 1 / 2 / 2 / 2 / 0 / 2 / 1 / 0 / 2 / 2 / 0 / 2 / 2
# of Sleep landed after 2 Immunobreaks: 12
# of Sleep landed after 1 Immunobreak: 4
# of Sleeps landed with 0 Immunobreaks : 4
# of Sleep rank modification cycles: 16

Sample 2
# of Immunobreaks Prior to landing Sleep in order:
2 / 2 / 2 / 2 / 2 / 0 / 2 / 2 / 2 / 2 / 1 / 2 / 2 / 1 / 2 / 0 / 2 / 2
# of Sleep landed after 2 Immunobreaks: 14
# of Sleep landed after 1 Immunobreak: 2
# of Sleeps landed with 0 Immunobreaks : 2
# of Sleep rank modification cycles: 16

I know this number is different from the number of times you can reset Sleep resistance rank on skeletons from personal experience, so I did some more investigating.

For this next test I cast various Immunobreakable spells on different enemies at different resistance ranks to find out how many rank modification cycles/status rank resets were possible per rank.

A+(%5): Apex Draugar-6 Sleep rank modification cycles/5 Sleep rank resets possible
B+(15%): Disheveled Naraka-10 Blind rank modification cycles/9 Blind rank resets possible
B(20%): Apex Toad-12 Poison rank modification cycles/11 Poison rank reset possible

So far I have been unable to find any suitable enemies with known A(10%) or B-(25%) negative status resistance rank to test with. Rank C(40%) is also proving to be elusive. Apex Bhoots are rank C(40%) Ice and Darkness, but are A+(5%) Paralyze and no Immunobreaks trigger for Bind, Blind or Sleep. Disheveled Naraka are rank C(40%) Ice, but no Immunobreaks trigger with Paralyze or Bind. Apex Vodoriga are C(40%) Darkness, but are C+(30%) Blind and no Immunobreaks trigger for Sleep. Interestingly, Apex Cyhiraeth are C+(30%) Darkness but Blind and Sleep Immunobreaks do not trigger. The Cyhiraeth proves that negative status effect ranks can be set higher than elemental ranks, something I have not been able to easily verify until this testing.

Putting these known values into an easy to read format would give us:

Maximum # of Immunobreak cycles/status rank reset possible by starting rank
A+(5%): 6/5
A(10%): Unknown
B+(15%): 10/9
B(20%): 12/11
B-(25%): Unknown
C+(30%): 16/15
C(40%): Unknown

I verified in the Odin HTMB on VD that his A+(5%) Sleep rank operates the same way, and am confident this can be applied to any NM as well. It should be noted that cumulative magic resistance will still take effect and shorten successive spell durations regardless.

Questions left to answer: Do the enemies listed above with C(40%) elemental ranks have negative status ranks that are higher than thier stated elemental ranks? Or, if those negative status effect ranks do match their elemental ranks, is C+(30%) rank the threshold for Immunobreak activation?
[+]
By Argisto 2024-03-24 05:56:55  
Did some testing today with Siren's Bitter Elegy.

Went out to Bhaflau Thickets as M lvl. 0 Job Master SMN/RDM and used Bitter Elegy with mediocre pet magic accuracy gear on the Lesser Colibris (C+(30%) Wind) near the exit. Using the stopwatch on my phone, I monitored the time in between attack rounds to easily find when Bitter Elegy wore. I found that 10/10 times Bitter Elegy lasted for partial duration. Next, I changed to M lvl. 25 RUN/SMN and came back to the Lesser Colibris. This time, equipped with 5/5 Nyame for pet magic accuracy I used Rayke with 3 Flabra runes before using Bitter Elegy and checked for any changes. This time Bitter Elegy landed for full duration 10/10 times after modifying the Lesser Colibri's wind elemental rank to D (60%). This verifies that Bitter Elegy operates operates off of wind elemental resistance ranks and not negative status effect resistance ranks.

Just for a bonus I went into old Dynamis Bastok and rounded up some Vanguard Beasttenders (25% Resist Slow trait) and cast Bitter Elegy on them. Out of 100 casts there were 0 Resist! activations. This verifies that Bitter Elegy is unaffected by the resist slow trait and ties together with Dekar's previous testing.
[+]
By Argisto 2024-04-08 02:51:34  
Testing the limits of Immunobreak-Part III

After the previous Immunobreak test I was left with the question: Is a starting rank of C+(30%) the threshold for Immunobreak activation?

In this round of testing it was necessary to find an enemy with a suspected starting negative status resistance rank of C(40%). I decided my target would be lvl 139 Disheveled Naraka in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court since during previous testing I was unable to trigger an Immunobreak with Paralyze or Bind, and I had a feeling it's C(40%) elemental resistance rank matched its Paralyze resistance rank. First, I needed to do some legwork and find it's MND value since my intention was to use Paralyze for testing. The jpwiki Banish page lists the dMND damage cap of Banish at dMND +75. Went out as RDM/WHM and cast Banish on lvl 139 Disheveled Naraka while incrementally adjusting MND and keeping MAB/Magic Damage stats constant until there was no further damage increase.

Banish damage/Total MND
895 / 365
895 / 366
898 / 367
898 / 368
901 / 369
901 / 370
901 / 371-421

There was no further increase in Banish damage after reaching 369 MND. 369-75=294 lvl 139 Disheveled Naraka MND. Now for the real fun.

The test: Cast Paralyze on lvl 139 Disheveled Naraka with a specified amount of magic accuracy derived from the magic accuracy table here and record the results. No testing on Firesday/Iceday. Ice Magic Accuracy merits were removed for this test. Enemy level verified by casting Fire and finding ones that took the least amount of damage. If enemy Paralyze resistance rank is C(40%), then hit rate with specified magic accuracy will fall somewhat below 95%. If enemy Paralyze resistance rank is C-(50%) or lower, then hit rate will be capped at 95% based on the values in the magic accuracy table.

Relevant Stats:
M lvl 33 RDM/NIN
509 Enfeebling Magic Skill (before equipment bonuses)
Job Point Gifts: Magic Accuracy +70
Job Points: Magic Accuracy +20
5/5 Magic Accuracy Merits: Magic Accuracy +25

Paralyze Equipment:
Main: Murgleis R15-Magic Accuracy Skill +255, Magic Accuracy +70
Sub: Crocea Mors-Magic Accuracy +50
Range: Ullr-Magic Accuracy +40
Head: Malignance Chapeau-Magic Accuracy +50
Body: Malignance Tabard-Magic Accuracy +50
Hands: Lethargy Gantherots +3-Magic Accuracy +62, Enfeebling Magic Skill +29
Ring1: Stikini Ring +1-Magic Accuracy +11, Enfeebling Magic Skill +8
Back: Sucellos's Cape-MND +30, Magic Accuracy +20
Legs: Malignance Tights-Magic Accuracy +50
Feet: Malignance Boots-Magic Accuracy +50
All other slots empty
MND: 132+162=294 (no Gain-MND used), Target MND=294, 294-294=0, no dMND magic accuracy bonus
Total Magic Accuracy: 1369

Test Data
Full Duration: 99 (61.875%)
Partial Resist: 45 (28.125)
Full Resist: 16 (10%)

As can be seen, hit rate was around 61% verifying that the Naraka's Paralyze resistance rank is set at C(40%). Also, 0 Immunobreaks occurred during testing verifying that the Immunobreak mechanic will only activate when an enemy's starting negative status resistance rank is set to C+(30%) or higher.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-04-08 11:31:29  
Can I say I consider myself somewhat of an expert on rdm...

but when it comes to resistance ranks, I just don't understand what you're saying at all... I literally cannot comprehend it.

You're on a whole other level man.
[+]
By Ulgar 2024-04-09 17:48:47  
Finally got annoyed enough with my Dia timer being off to pin it down today:

Long story short, it appears that the composure duration bonus does not apply to Dia III duration, nor does the 20 second bonus from job points.

I say "appears" because I did not do exhaustive testing or isolate further, but napkin math shows it to be the only permutation I could come up with to give the exact duration.

Very unexact methodology:

Master RDM, with Saboteur active, on two different NM's (Shinryu VD and Urmahlullu), used Dia III.
Expected duration: 486 seconds
Actual duration: 375 seconds

Once I adjusted my timer in Debuffing (my addon of choice to track it), I confirmed on another Urma fight.

Using prior testing by Martel I was easily able to eliminate the composure empy bonus, and from there, the only thing that fit the math was the +20 seconds of duration from JP

sets.midcast.Dia = {
ammo="Regal Gem",
head="Leth. Chappel +3",
body="Lethargy Sayon +3",
hands="Leth. Ganth. +3",
legs=gear.merllegs_TH, --merlinic with TH augs
feet=gear.merlfeet_TH, --merlinic with TH augs
neck="Dls. Torque +1",
waist="Obstin. Sash",
left_ear="Malignance Earring",
right_ear="Snotra Earring",
left_ring="Kishar Ring",
right_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
back="Aurist's Cape +1",
}
(For completion's sake, weapons were Crocea Path C and Thibron, the set is just my standard duration set plus the TH)

Hope this helps.

PS: A friend was so horrified at the neck after seeing this test in my discord that he has since gifted me a +2 neck, so I guess I'll have to adjust all my timers again after I RP it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-04-09 21:56:20  
Yeah, that happened about a year and a half ago... really sucks. I know at least 1 person submitted a bug report.

Edit: I need a friend that will gift me +2 necks... :D
[+]
By Argisto 2024-04-10 02:44:15  
Did some quick testing on Dia III just now on a Calfcleaving Chapuli. M lvl 33 RDM, no enfeebling duration merits. Timed with the stopwatch on my phone.

Just for reference-Dia III base duration: 180 seconds

========Expected/Actual Duration=======
Naked cast: 200/200 seconds
Duelist's Torque +2 R25 only: 250/250 seconds (I don't have a +1 to test with)
Snotra Earring only: 220/220 seconds
Kishar Ring only: 220/220 seconds
Obstinate Sash only: 210/210 seconds
5/5 Empy +3 only /w Composure active: 300/200 seconds

Job points are being applied correctly. It seems it's just the Empyrean armor set bonus that is not being applied. I'll submit a bug report and hopefully get a resolution.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-04-10 04:09:06  
hopefully get a resolution.
lol <3
 Phoenix.Ulgar
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Ulgar
By Phoenix.Ulgar 2024-04-10 08:07:10  
Thanks for double checking. I will admit I'm surprised.

I will likely test in a more controlled manor with saboteur or sabo on NM today. My formula may be whack as well.
Every other debuff duration I use is spot on, I can literally start casting before it drops and I do so daily... It's been pointed out that Dia was divine magic before and this may have something to do with it.
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-04-10 08:08:28  
I'm glad you guys are testing this, I would never have noticed.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-04-10 08:12:35  
Does this problem affect all Dia spells or just Dia3?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10