users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Aeonic clear
Aeonic clear
 Asura.Karppa
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-10-31 17:50:50  
I'm confused talked that dude who sold A clears previously 40M..in my logic easier to sell 40M runs than 100M at least there are ppls to join.. and gil flow is decent for seller..so wth whats the point yell 100M runs every day and get no ppls or did he get enough buyers? plz forgive me my bad grammar i'm Finnish.. XD
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-10-31 18:03:45  
No idea who you are referring to but could just be starting at 100M but would take people offering less.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-31 18:05:04  
Something along the lines of desperate at first, but now that Grim isn't pushing the price down it's not worth the effort for 40.

They probably just want a break. mercing all day, every day for a couple dollars sucks. Easier/faster money doing ambuscades.

Set the bot to shout 100 and do ambuscades until you find 3 idiots.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-31 18:22:50  
To be completely honest the amount of work and time involved, 100m isn't that bad. However yeah the prices went down due to competition, that competition left so the price went back up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-31 18:37:13  
Yeah it's less than the aeonic runs are overpriced and more EVERYTHING is overpriced on Asura. So when Grim stopped pushing the price down, it went right back up to match the time/money needed to do an aeonic run. Somewhere around 4 hours to do an aeonic run + price of pops or sell ambuscade to like 20 people in that time and make similar or more money.

Asura.Memes said: »
Is there even less Gil about since sparks was nerfed?
I mean we don't really have gil sinks atm. So sparks might have largely stopped the mass inflation but we don't any way to cause deflation.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-10-31 18:53:42  
RadialArcana said: »
To be completely honest the amount of work and time involved, 100m isn't that bad. However yeah the prices went down due to competition, that competition left so the price went back up.

Umm..may I ask what competetion? refering Mr Grim? I did reserve Aeonic run next sat,, but but any other competitors?
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-31 18:58:40  
Right but hows the gil actually leaving circulation? Remember, you can still add 2mil a week per person from shields+powders. Selling stuff like REMA currency, dyna shards, and wyrm ash helps keep coffers full for the honest player.

AH fees and the few 1mil upgrade mats are basically the only thing taking gil out of circulation and that's probably outweighed by the people still doing sparks.

For the most part, gil buyers are gonna move gil from people who otherwise just sit on their fortunes to people who actually spend it.
By Shichishito 2020-10-31 19:05:58  
Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
I mean we don't really have gil sinks atm. So sparks might have largely stopped the mass inflation but we don't any way to cause deflation.
the main way gil currently leaves the system are the 1126125 gil high lvl crafting materials you have to buy at the npc. its good that they tax the crafters but since the fast majority of shields are in the hands of botters they should also sell the crafting results at the npc to cap the profit margine and prevent price rigging.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-31 19:14:32  
And I don't think that outweighs the 2mil/week people can still do with sparks/accolades.

I'd be willing to bet there's still more gil added from sparks than is removed from the 1mil upgrade mats.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-31 19:16:15  
Right but hows the gil actually leaving circulation?

Last month just STF took out of the game 16B, just in 2020 it was 160B.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-31 19:24:34  
Yes and prices are still roughly the same. So with SE going in an removing BILLIONS of gil, we're still roughly stable in terms of prices and by extension gil in circulation at least on a month to month basis.
By Shichishito 2020-10-31 19:28:22  
the two mil/week is only for chars you actively play, mules that you only log in for the freebees most likely don't fill accolades/sparks weekly and even those who do need to mind it each week. i'm sure a lot of ppl just forget it at times.

no clue if lots of ppl bot sparks/accolades on each mule but since you still see bots farming the old spark spots it wouldn't surprise me.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-31 20:15:45  
prices are still roughly the same.

Normally you need to estimate actual prices variation using indexes, that are based on few selected but relevant prices, then they can conclude the global tendency. Thats because while one general factor can drive up or down the general price, particular itens can behave different because of its specific circumstances.

All that is to say... what price is roughly the same?

Using assura:

Itens you can compare: Su5 > rostams and croceas. Rostams used to be 160~140m about a year ago. Now its 100m

Vagary: DM > used to 1m~800k, now its 600k

Dyna div: Medals > beastman were 1.8m to 1.6m. Now its 1.6~1.4m. Kindred is still basically the same

REMA stones: beit, 1m to 700k, plutons, something to ***nowaday, boulders, 400k to 300k.

So, im not sure what items are you looking to conclude prices are the same. My perception using few generally wanted items is that we indeed are having some degree of deflation.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-10-31 21:09:25  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Something along the lines of desperate at first, but now that Grim isn't pushing the price down it's not worth the effort for 40.

They probably just want a break. mercing all day, every day for a couple dollars sucks. Easier/faster money doing ambuscades.

Set the bot to shout 100 and do ambuscades until you find 3 idiots.
Well can do in long run gils with craft..and Mrgrim offers decent price comparing 100M from who kinks? but whatever was inflamation reason of gils doesnt add up 40>>to 100M just 1 day so if I can get my weapon cheaper way I will take it...
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-31 21:11:09  
Using last year as your base point is... stupid. We had a pretty big economy nerf earlier this year. And GASP we went from crazy inflation to a sharp deflation to things being stable.

Rostams been 100m for what 2 or 3 months now? Considering the sparks change was in June. Yeah I'd say once the economy recovered from the sparks nerf, things have been pretty stable.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-10-31 21:13:54  
Asura.Karppa said: »
Something along the lines of desperate at first
Maybe you go ask from yours parents can u play this game..little bit respect when u talk older ppls thx.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-31 21:43:39  
Right but hows the gil actually leaving circulation

Five silver vouchers per month also removes 500k per character. Not a huge amount to move the needle by any means, but with all the alts people have nowadays, it adds up. Though that's just a monthly fee, not significant vs weekly Sparks (if people actually dump weekly on their mules).
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-10-31 21:44:57  
Maybe you go ask from yours parents can u play this game..little bit respect when u talk older ppls thx.
...are you directing this to yourself?

I mean, in that case you're not wrong...
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-10-31 22:00:46  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
...are you directing this to yourself?

I mean, in that case you're not wrong...
Indeed I am.. orinally I bought this game to my son..XD but but.. but it was me who ended up playing this game since 2005...lets just say i'm older...so I try always be poliate..and respect ppls especially older ppls. which is kinda hard in this game..but in IRL ofc. I think player population can be older cuz this is old game..
By RadialArcana 2020-11-01 02:25:35  
As long as people as paying 40m for lillith drops (on VE/E clears), Aeonic runs are going to stay around 100m
 Asura.Pearls
By Asura.Pearls 2020-11-01 06:24:52  
They probably figured it's faster to find 3 buyers willing to pay 100M than 6 buyers for 40M.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-01 07:51:14  
The demand ain't going away and if nobody else can fulfill it they will pay 100m, the people buying don't have the ability to do the content any other way so they are over a barrel.

The only thing that will kill mercs is if lots of shells start being built to do this stuff and they have low entry standards, and that's not gonna happen for obvious reasons.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if prices go back to 150+ over the next month (and in reality they could force it higher if they wanted), although that risks triggering other groups to compete with them again. Sweet spot is high enough to make a good amount of cash but not too high to make the eyebrows raise from other well geared groups on the server. There are lots of groups on Asura that can do this content easily, it's just not worth the effort right now.

If the norm went to 200-300m per person and they filled in an hour, there would be 10 groups selling them next week and they would do it far better and faster than the RMT do right now.