日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » November 2020 Version Update
November 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13
By SimonSes 2020-11-19 10:44:50  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The entirety of odyssey is "doesn't count as content"

It's just (inefficient) non-bot spark farming - End result being gil, no gear. Rookie mistake saying "new content" but has no reward.

So, when they add new stuff that will require getting points in Odyssey to upgrade stuff, you will suddenly have 4 Sheol zones of new content right? Since it doesnt count now?
[+]
By drakefs 2020-11-19 10:47:56  
RadialArcana said: »
muh harassment of my virtual character, muh offended, muh bullying, muh w/e

Advocating for online harassment and bullying, what? You are going to tell me that making others feel bad so you can feel good does not make you worry about why this is?

what are the memorable moments? The people! the weirdos, the trolls, the asshats that stole your stuff, the party that camped ontop of you and made everyone mad, the freaks, the bad guys, the mpk trains

Really? those are your memorable moments? Well to each their own I suppose but as a person who is not a fan of drama, these are decidedly not my memorable moments from FFXI of the past. My most memorable moments are of a friend and I low manning HNMs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-19 11:17:24  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The entirety of odyssey is "doesn't count as content"

It's just (inefficient) non-bot spark farming - End result being gil, no gear. Rookie mistake saying "new content" but has no reward.

So, when they add new stuff that will require getting points in Odyssey to upgrade stuff, you will suddenly have 4 Sheol zones of new content right? Since it doesnt count now?

No, well, it depends on how it's made.

If they make Sheol D and all the bosses are in D then D is "content" and ABC aren't. They still only exist to make gil.

If they add bosses to the top floor of ABC instead of making a D, then yeah, they become "content".

They could also make boss areas locked behind MM rank, making ABC into "content" but for your sakes I hope they don't do that lol

Something without purpose can be given purpose in an instant. Right now odyssey has no purpose. That can change with a line of code in a heartbeat.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-19 11:20:44  
Honestly even now in hippy 2020 FFXI is still one of the better experiences because the GMs still put far less control over people than something like FF14. They still respect the chaos of the world.
Honestly, it is more that the ratio between *** players and GMs far exceed the GMs ability to combat such behavior, to the point that they don't even try anymore.

GMs of yesteryear would put a stop in the shout drama on Asura that happens on a literal daily basis. When you have at most 3 GMs to handle, what, 12 servers, 3 of which have the majority of the "bad" characters, and most of those happen to be on the same server, you aren't going to have the level of policing as you would have in other games, even in this stage of the game's life.

SE just doesn't care about FFXI anymore, especially now that FFXIV is such a cash cow.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-19 11:27:55  
drakefs said: »
muh harassment of my virtual character, muh offended, muh bullying, muh w/e

Advocating for online harassment and bullying, what? You are going to tell me that making others feel bad so you can feel good does not make you worry about why this is?

what are the memorable moments? The people! the weirdos, the trolls, the asshats that stole your stuff, the party that camped ontop of you and made everyone mad, the freaks, the bad guys, the mpk trains

Really? those are your memorable moments? Well to each their own I suppose but as a person who is not a fan of drama, these are decidedly not my memorable moments from FFXI of the past. My most memorable moments are of a friend and I low manning HNMs.

I think the problem with teenagers is they grew up with mobile phones welded to their faces and think the online world where someone is mean to your online character (not even you) is a massive deal. Attacks on your personal accounts that represent you on social media I can kind of get but not your video game character..

Your virtual character being "harassed" in a virtual world when you're sitting in your comfy chair is laughable as some kind of attack on your humanity imo, again though I get it's a generational thing. Which is why the GM teams are so strict on being mean to people on 14 and aren't on 11, since it has a much younger audience on that game.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-19 11:38:22  
YouTube Video Placeholder

6 mins to 9 mins, it's about wow but it applies to many of these kinds of games.
By Draylo 2020-11-19 11:54:48  
COVID is just a really lame excuse right now that literally every company is using to excuse anything. I don't agree with people going all emo and judgment day for XI, but SE needs to add some ***. Few of my friends came back to the game after years breaks and barely had much to do to catch up and after they did it all quickly they quit again. We need a new Escha or Abyssea or something bigger than lame Odyssey.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-11-19 13:18:51  
endxen said: »
I'd rather have new content also. Also Draugo *** taking noobs through content, most don't appreciate it anyways.
Asura.Tsm said: »
pretty stupid *** take considering theres 0 "new" players. there's people who return but there's not any "new" players. and unless they've been living under a rock if they actually are a new player they'll google a guide or something, like literally everyone under the age of 60 does.

no idea why people keep pitching this idea and it's that same dumb take that got us this shitty mentor chat instead of some actual content
I rest my case. Good thing your attitude is not the only one out there.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-19 15:42:32  
I think the problem with teenagers is they grew up with mobile phones welded to their faces and think the online world where someone is mean to your online character (not even you) is a massive deal. Attacks on your personal accounts that represent you on social media I can kind of get but not your video game character..

Your virtual character being "harassed" in a virtual world when you're sitting in your comfy chair is laughable as some kind of attack on your humanity imo, again though I get it's a generational thing. Which is why the GM teams are so strict on being mean to people on 14 and aren't on 11, since it has a much younger audience on that game.

Criticizing that someone is a cry baby is one thing, but saying you like being harassed and angry, because that makes the online world more real and creates most memorable moments is something totally different lol
By Pantafernando 2020-11-19 16:01:49  
Are you guys doing a psychological essay on human society in a... game update thread???
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-11-19 17:16:34  
Pantafernando said: »
Are you guys doing a psychological essay on human society in a... game update thread???
I mean duh, human behavior offline and on deserves a very hard look if we are to survive the next big fall, and believe me brother we are on the brink of the first actual global collapse of society, and before any trolls bridge the billy goat bridge in here, this is much greater than a petty trump vs. biden trollop.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-11-19 19:54:25  
Did SE ninja update the line of NM crawlers used in the new mission to always spawn? BG wiki claims they only have a chance of popping when you trade a rolanberry, but I just did about 30 total trades and every single one of them popped the NM
 Shiva.Znitch
サーバ: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-11-19 21:01:08  
I just did this a few days ago. I'd say 1/3 to 1/4 of Rolanberries traded would summon the first Crawler, then about half of the next step worked. I had horrible luck with the Matron Crawler and much better luck with the Queen. Awd spawned every time except for one where I got interrupted by aggro while trading.

Of the four White Rolanberries I needed, I got all four as Ripe White Rolanberries from the NPC.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-20 08:57:39  
There's some obvious answers about the bonanza horn on the OF

15 minute can't be extended, is overwritten if you play the same song again with any other instrument, and the same affect applies to caster as party members.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2020-11-20 10:54:26  
endxen said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Why not?

I mean, it's not like there's anything else to do, which is the whole point
By Crossbones 2020-11-20 11:34:34  
Does that horn work with sleeps or what?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-20 11:40:05  
Crossbones said: »
Does that horn work with sleeps or what?
That's a question that was not asked. (but all the other ones were obvious too, so)

Safe bet that it does not make sleeps 15 minutes though (at least, not intended to. They could easily *** it up)
Quote:
Increases song duration for party members to 15 minutes
By Crossbones 2020-11-20 11:45:10  
SAD!

Probably still good for new brds or some random situations.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-20 12:01:16  
Just makes it so the whole "hold pull, gotta resing" is less frequent. Might save you time in the long run, even if song potency is slightly weaker.

I don't know why I'm getting the vibe these weapons' unique traits are just tests to see how they perform in a live setting before they convert them into a new merit or job point system that functions the same. They are just too unique (but not great enough to warrant using over other options) to lock behind weapons.
By Crossbones 2020-11-20 12:46:41  
As long as they keep adding weird ***I'm for it. Ambu weapons, for better or worse, were a neat concept, even if it's just lolnaeglingwins in most cases. Add more unique stuff to weapons, armor, etc to mix things up.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2020-11-20 12:58:43  
SAD!

a little disappointing that a Rank 1 bonanza reward is, like, the functional equivalent of +1 ambuscade gear
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-20 13:03:57  
Meh, last thing the game needs is more weapons. Already holding more than an entire wardrobe worth as it is. (that's my own fault, sure) and I don't buy su5 weapons, there's crazies out there with 2 full wardrobes probably lol.

It's a pointless conversation though until the inventory finds a better way to be managed. A solid 80% of the weapons being held don't get used but can't be sent/stored/dropped. Just dead space.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-20 14:29:48  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
SAD!

a little disappointing that a Rank 1 bonanza reward is, like, the functional equivalent of +1 ambuscade gear

If my alt got one of those horns id be pretty happy since she doesnt have any REMA atm.
 Asura.Xalyia
user: Sogoro
By Asura.Xalyia 2020-12-04 21:31:47  

So today the FFXI theme started at the SE Cafe in Akihabara.
I didn't have time to dine in, but i did get a Yagudo Drink to go.
Was basically a non-alcoholic german style gluckwine.

And got this coaster as a gift
[+]
By Afania 2020-12-05 06:51:22  
Sounds more like you are masochist that like to be frustrated etc. Maybe your RL is predictable and easy (good for you), but mine for sure isn't and I don't look for more frustration in online games and my best memories are also not connected with anything like that. Quite the opposite, in game I search for steady grind and comfort of being in place that have rules I know and outcomes I can predict. My best memories is from having fun with my friend during our Abyssea grinds.

I doubt liking realistic human interaction in a MMO makes them "masochist". Just because you dislike something doesnt mean others who enjoying those are suffering like a masochist.

I personally find "grinding" in MMO masochist like. I absolutely dislike every moment grinding for a gear. I played the game for 10+ years and outside of aeonics I have 2 REMA total when most people have 5+ REMA easily. Thats how much I hate grinding. I only grind because good gear got me opportunity to interact with more people, which makes grinding less frustrating.

I find the unprediable nature of people makes things challenging. Thats what makes MMO and rl fun.

I doubt my life is "predictable and easy" either(Id hate life if my life is predictable and easy). Ive deal with all sorts of difficult people irl all the time and I always enjoy the process of accomplishing my goal with people. I just want more of rl in a video game because life is too short to live only once.

So yeah, you dont have to make assumptions on others preferences and belittle others for liking something else.

Its okay, SE can make their MMO "grind only" MMO with content like odyssey that people like you can go in and farm scales at a steady pace then be happy with it. Im spending my money and my precious time somewhere else.
By SimonSes 2020-12-05 08:45:20  
Afania said: »
I doubt liking realistic human interaction in a MMO makes them "masochist". Just because you dislike something doesnt mean others who enjoying those are suffering like a masochist.

Have you read his post? He only mentioned and praised BAD realistic human interactions and said he love toxic people. He said toxic makes the game fun.

I love toxic people, they are the spice that keeps you logging in or coming back.
it was "toxic" as all hell and that's why it was so fun.

Also my post was opinion, same as his, but he wrote his opinion as it applies to everyone and instead of his own feeling he was writing it like its everyone feeling

When you think back about on FFXI (or wow) what are the memorable moments? The people! the weirdos, the trolls, the asshats that stole your stuff, the party that camped ontop of you and made everyone mad, the freaks, the bad guys, the mpk trains, the guy that walked up and popped the nm you were about to spawn and waited for the other guy to finish on, the sloot that fooled the linkshell leader into getting more drops and then turned out to be a guy, the guy that stole your NM. You felt like you were logging into a real world because you were, the people made it a real experience. It was hilarious, and every day was unpredictable.

I only wrote in my post that I am not the part of his "You" and asked him to stop assuming what everyone feel and why they like this game. I havent wrote a single word about why he like this game is wrong. I called him a masochist, but not in negative way, but only to point out that he likes specific things (in this case toxicity towards him) and not everyone is the same as him.

I also havent assumed anything about his life, he kinda worte it himself

When everything is sanitized it's BORING and when it's boring you might as well just do RL crap, it's predictable.
It's just an extension of real life now and everyone is policed and controlled.

Again I simply wrote that not everyone has same experience in RL. Maybe people and live around him is like that, but its not the same for everyone.

I also havent wrote anything in my comment about anyone other than me and him, because that was exactly my point, to form opinion about your feelings and dont automaticaly assume other people share them.

I think you completely misunderstood my comment.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-05 09:34:39  
Are you replying 2 weeks later?

He cant even answer back...
By Afania 2020-12-05 10:23:25  
Afania said: »

Have you read his post? He only mentioned and praised BAD realistic human interactions and said he love toxic people. He said toxic makes the game fun.

They didnt actually "praise" bad behavior, they praised realistic human interaction and cited toxic people as part of them.

Its not that toxic people makes the game fun, its more like realism makes the game fun and toxic people is just part of it.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13