フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mastery Rank Data
Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49
 Bahamut.Navius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: phot0nic
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-11-02 10:25:54  
Oh, that's interesting, glad to hear you got your title and rank up!

I definitely didn't do Cirdas with a Torso V, though, so I know doing both with one isn't required. I did do the Torso V body on Rala, and (after many attempts) got the message you mentioned. Maybe just doing those two regardless of body is the requirement, or maybe you need to do at least one with a Torso V? It's odd that my friend a couple years back didn't get the title, though, because we was with me for both the Torso V Rala and Torso I Cirdas runs. Maybe he didn't check again after zoning, or maybe there's some other condition that also needs filled (like maybe entering Yorcia is required, but not necessarily clearing, idk).

It would be interesting if someone on here who has never done any Alluvian Skirmish before tried to clear both Cirdas/Rala with just a Torso I gets the title.
By Antisense 2023-11-04 13:19:42  
It seems that clearing the Alluvion Skirmish with Torso III is enough to get the title Alluvion Assailant for Yorcia Weald. (I just did this with 1/1/1 but no title, but did it right after with 1/3/1 and got the title. I didn't have a Torso II handy. I never used a Torso V nor Visage V for Yorcia.)

This would be consistent with the wiki.ffo.jp info that says you have to do "more than" 4 floors.

Same probably applies to Rala and Cirdas but you have to at least 1 (?) with Torso III at minimum (all 5 floors cleared for one) to get Queller of Otherworldly Gales, based on what you mentioned.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2023-11-19 13:08:36  
Yeah, I just full-cleared 1/5/1 on Alluvion Rala and didn't get the title, which pissed me off. Will try 1/3/1 on Cirdas while I'm at it, just to see

EDIT: It worked. lmao
By Antisense 2023-11-19 13:45:32  
Nice.

Now 'need' someone to confirm that clearing a Torso I run for both Cirdas and Rala is sufficient to get the title

Wouldn't be surprised if Torso III is a requirement for at least 1 of the 2 since I got the Yorcia title with only Torso III (didn't get Alluvion Assailant with Torso I)
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2023-11-26 16:54:35  
was anybody able to get Rank 8 without Fiat Lux? I'm running out of ideas. The big titles I'm missing are Fiat Lux, Yilbegan, and the last Incursion one. I even went back and did the freakin Gustaberg Tour quest, lol

I'm only missing 130 titles in total now, majority of which are Ballista and GP items. (Working on GP now)

I've done around ~20 campaign OPs, but only for San d'Oria (Splitting Heirs included). That's the only other thing that comes to mind as far as completion goes. Done a fair bit of monstrosity, Chocobo Digging, Chocobo Racing up through Chocorookie. In the interim I'm just finishing up stray quests but it kinda feels like I'm missing some hard requirement.
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-11-26 20:17:59  
no idea if particular titles are weighted differently, but finishing the chocobo racing "storyline" (dream race / chocochampion) seems to be a common thread among the rank 8 crowd.

def don't need yilbegan, but oh what a journey that was to get it.

Assuming if you are targeting Fiat lux you have medal of altana? that seems to make a big difference too.
 Bahamut.Navius
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-11-26 20:45:30  
I don't know about the Fiat Lux title, but as Liam said, getting the Medal of Altana is an important one. Alternatively, how many mastered jobs do you have? I think there's a minimum there for Rank 8.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2023-11-27 11:15:02  
If anyone on Lakshmi still wants titles, someone told me they lost the astral candescence (unsure to which beastmen). Don't know if they've gotten it back yet as I'm not currently playing, but it's worth a shot to go check at least!
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2023-11-27 20:34:17  
Bahamut.Navius said: »
I don't know about the Fiat Lux title, but as Liam said, getting the Medal of Altana is an important one. Alternatively, how many mastered jobs do you have? I think there's a minimum there for Rank 8.

I have Medal of Altana, and every job mastered

If I had to guess I'd say it's Campaign Ops related. That's the only thing that comes to mind, besides doing 100% quest completion.

Is there a way to unlock specific Ops that doesn't involve reclaiming specific regions? For example, on my list I have:

Crystal Fist I
Iron Anvil I

but I'm guessing there are higher tiers to those. Do I have to farm these two a few times to unlock more?
 Bahamut.Navius
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-11-27 20:39:40  
Most of the higher tier Campaign Ops are unlocked by repeating the lower tier. Crystal Fist and Iron Anvil work like that, so you'll have to spam them quite a bit to unlock higher tiers. They go up to tier IV.

But yeah, Medal of Altana, all jobs mastered, lots of titles.. not sure what's missing.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-27 20:43:15  
If it has a title and you ain't done it, do it

How to get every title (pre TVR ending)
https://www.ffxiah.com/node/433
By Antisense 2023-11-28 09:31:58  
Getting GP items seems like way overkill to get rank 8 considering some of the people who have gotten rank 8 didn't mention getting all GP items. Also doing most Campaign Ops and RoE seems to be overkill as one person did 900+ RoE objectives but was still rank 4 and then the possible "hard gate" described earlier where someone had Fiat Lux but didn't have enough completed Campaign Ops.

Some people doing Rank 8 also did minimal or no MMM or chocobo racing too but everyone seems to have done fishing (I bring up fishing since I'm level 1 on that)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2023-11-28 11:24:54  
I'd definitely level fishing. If only because which fish you've caught is one thing that's hard tracked by an in-game NPC,so at least it's not invisible pretend progress
By Ranoutofspace 2023-11-28 16:30:02  
From earlier in the thread, Znitch had Fiat Lux but still rank 7 too - maybe something to compare notes with?

Ranoutofspace said: »
Just for visibility...

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Just wanted to list my stats when I hit rank 8 (and some others) in the same post as your 980 title stats for ease of comparison:

BYRTH 980 TITLES
-All missions/addons complete
-Crafts capped except Synergy (19) and chocobo digging (<10), tier 2 eschuteon or something
-13 jobs mastered
-1059/1075 RoE (missing some UNM and Eschuteon ones)
-Adoulin ring+1/Ygnas
-All monster rearing KIs
-Maat's Cap
-Level 99 Adventuring Fellow
-Missing 56 BLU spells, 3 trusts, and SCH+WHM job master spells, along with some mounts
-All skills capped except Automaton ones
-Bronze mentor flag
-19 RMEA
-Max Fame everywhere
-Homepoints, Outposts, Survival Guide, Waypoints, Etc: Have All
-Vorseals: Missing 1 Atk, 1 Rare Enemy, 1 Acc++, 3 Regen, and 3 Refresh
-Abyssea complete/Atma of the Savior
-Monstrosity: Most level 99s, all species unlocked
-Campaign Ops: About 50% done
-Chocobo Digging: Amateur
-Voidwatch complete; all periapts and atmacites are level 15
-For Dynamis, Missing Windy [D] Tier 2/3 clears
-Master Trial: 0/4 complete
-Incomplete Quests: probably everywhere
-981/1074 titles
-1716+ days playtime

AVE RANK 8
Rank up title was smithing mitts purchase

-All Missions/addons complete
-Crafts capped (110 gold w/ escutcheon; ebisu+1/lu+1)
-All jobs mastered
-1075/1075 records of eminence
-Adoulin ring+1/Ygnas
-All Monster Rearing KIs
-Maat's Cap
-Level 99 Adventuring fellow
-All spells, trusts, mounts
-All skills capped
-Gold Mentor Flag
-12 REMA (1 relic, 3 mythics, 2 empy, 2 ergon, 4 aeonic)
-Max Fame everywhere
-Homepoints, Outposts, Survival Guide, Waypoints, Etc: Have All
-Vorseals: Missing 2 HP, 6 regen, 6 refresh, 3 acc++
-Abyssea complete/Atma of the Savior
-Monstrosity: A few 99s, currently unlocking all species
-Campaign Ops: 41/way too many (fiat lux(s/b/w), splitting heirs, plucking wings, cracking shells complete)
-Chocobo Digging: Amateur (only dug 30 items for RoE)
-Voidwatch complete; all periapts/atmacites LVL 15
-All dyna-d full cleared/judge,jury,executioner
-Master trial: 2/4 complete
-145/145 Atma
-65/65 Abyssites
-Incomplete Quests: Sandy, Aht Urgan, Crystal War, Abyssea (resistance ops)
-980/1074~ titles
-1006+ days playtime

QEHN RANK 8
Killing Jormungand ranked me up from 7 to 8.

-All Jobs 99, 17/22 Mastered
-All Combat, Magic, and Craft skills capped (NO ESCUSTCHEON), Ebisu/Lu Shang's +1
-994/1082 total Titles (if I counted right)
-4/4 Master Trials cleared
-16/16 Aeonics, 4 Relic, 8 Mythics, 6 Empyrean, Epeolatry and Idris
-All missions complete includes The Voracious Resurgence
-All quests completed except Fit for a Prince(female char is required)
-All NM titles except Subduer of the Mamool Ja, Subduer of the Trolls, Subduer of the Undead Swarm, Lambton Worm, Ouryu Overwhelmer, Wyrm Astonisher, and Vanquisher?Gramk-Droog
-All Conquest point titles
-Abyssea 100% complete
-Voidwatch 100% complete AND all Atmacite fully upgraded
-All trusts, including Monberaux and Ygnas
-Level 128 Incursion KI
-1071/1075 RoEs except 4 of Escutcheons
-All Vorseals, 9/9 Regen, 10/10 Refresh, 11/11 Acc++
-All fish caught
-Maze Overlord title from MMM
-Monstrosity: 145/153 species unlocked, but no one level 99, they are all between 1 and 90
-Chocorookie only from Chocobo Racing
-Campaign Ops not done (sand 43/82, bastok 34/82, windurst 34/82)
-Mog Garden: 1295 entrances, 779 furrows, 1193 grove, 1302 veins, 144 pond/coast, 1460 monster cares, 222 creatures raised

KROH RANK 8
I unfortunately though have no idea what upgraded me. I did 3 Omens, and I had rank 7 sometime during that. Then I did the following (in order):

1. Upgraded AF from +1 to +3 with speedy option
2. Made an Incanter's Torque for someone
3. Traded items to unlock a species in Monstrosity
4. Did my mog garden dailies, but did not reach any meaningful milestones as far as I can tell (e.g., no title)

I still have my dyna clear title from last night.

MISCHIEF RANK 8
Killing Za'Dha Adamantking (present version) ranked me up from 7 to 8. I had already killed the Orc/Yagudo present kings, so I assume all three were needed.

Other relevant information:

-All Jobs 99, 9/22 Mastered
-All Combat, Magic, and Craft skills capped + Alchemy Escutcheon, Ebisu/Lu Shang's +1
-932/1066 total Titles (if I counted right)
-16/16 Aeonics, 1 Relic, 5 Mythics, 1 Empyrean, and Idris
-All missions complete up to latest Voracious Resurgence missions
-All quests completed except: 10k Carp, Fit for a Prince, Donate to Recycling, Five Seconds of Fame, and The Fighting Fourth (Epeolatry's initial quest completed, but nothing further)
-All NM titles (including all VD BC titles and Judge, Jury, and Executioner) except Sandworm, Lambton Worm, and Chest/Coffer O' Plenty
-Abyssea 100% complete
-Level 143 Incursion KI
-1075 RoEs complete (everything possible with Alchemy Escutcheon)
-All Vorseals except Chocobo Racing, 8/8 Regen, 9/9 Refresh, 9/9 Acc++
-All fish caught except Bibiki Urchin
-Maze Scholar title from MMM
-Monstrosity: Highest level 90 (Toad), nothing done with PvP
-Nothing done with Chocobo Racing
-Most Campaign Ops not done (Fiat Lux, Plucking Wings, Splitting Heirs completed)
-Mog Garden: 1.9k entrances, 620 furrows, 950 grove, 925 veins, 120 pond/coast, 1.1k monster cares, 40 creatures raised

ZNITCH, NOT RANK 8 YET BUT WAS GRINDING FOR IT
-All Jobs 99, All Mastered
-All Combat, Magic, and Craft skills capped + Smithing Stage 2 Shield, Ebisu/Lu Shang's +1
-970/1075 total Titles (if I counted right)
-16/16 Aeonics, 4 Relics, 4 Mythics, 6 Empyreans (two at level 90, one at level 80), and Epeolatry
-All missions complete up to latest Voracious Resurgence missions
-All quests completed except: Synergistic Pursuits, The Competition, Carnelian Footfalls and Verdure Footfalls (Idris initial quest completed, but nothing further)
-All NM titles (including all VD BC titles and Judge, Jury, and Executioner) except for Vanquisher Gramk-Droog
-Abyssea 100% complete
-Level 127 Incursion KI
-1075 RoEs complete (everything possible with Smithing Stage 2 Shield)
-All Vorseals except Chocobo Racing. 10/10 Regen, 10/10 Refresh, 11/11 Acc++
-All fish caught
-Nothing really done with Chocobo Racing aside from raising one and participating in one race
-Most Campaign Ops not done (Fiat Lux, Cracking Shells, Splitting Heirs completed)
-Mog Garden: 1578 entrances, 649 furrows, 1011 grove, 1039 veins, 137 pond/coast, 626 monster cares, 128 creatures reared, 23 creatures freed, 105 creatures passed on
-Level 99 Adventuring Fellow

Comparing my Rank 7 stats with Mischief's Rank 8, the big differences I can see are:
Monstrosity: I have a Korrigan around level 35 as my highest creature, nothing close to 90
Incursion: lower level KI and missing the final title
Maze Mongers: only have the 10 Mazes cleared title
Escutcheon: stopped at rank 2 after finishing all the RoE
Plucking Wings (though Mischief was missing Cracking Shells)

Bought all of the 70k guild point items and am going to start building points for aprons next. Waiting on the exp campaign to start really focusing on Monstrosity. Any other suggestions?

[+]
 Phoenix.Enochroot
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2023-12-17 12:10:55  
Haven't really kept up with this thread, so apologies if this is already known. This morning I finished leveling every Monstrosity species to 99, zoned, zoned again, and stayed the same mastery rank.

64 species, 6336 levels, untold hours in Buburimu. I'm a little sad it's over, but it's one less RoE to have perpetually set.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2023-12-27 01:43:06  
did a shitton of Incursion, got my KI to 133, and got the "Nilotican Decimator" title, still stuck at rank 7. so that's not a hard requirement.

one thing I noticed that I apparently missed is that I still need the Bahamut title. I have a feeling that this might be one of the big ones. farming cloud evokers like it's 2006!

edit: some brave hero on Phoenix claimed Xarcabard[S] for San d'Oria. LET'S GET THAT FIAT LUX!!!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2024-01-01 18:39:51  

new year new me!

Believe it or not, what pushed me over was some random Monstrosity I did for fun before the double EXP event ended. All I did today was take 4-5 mobs from 1-30 to unlock some instincts and family variants. I didn't purchase any new monsters or instincts. The only thing I did was level up some baby monsters. (I already had a monster at level 99 and had done a fair bit of Monstrosity a few months ago--- several dozen monsters and instincts already unlocked. I am surprised that this, specifically, is what pushed me over.)

Some maybe useful information:

• All jobs mastered; adventuring fellow lv99. All survival guides and HPs unlocked. All skills capped at 99. All automaton skills capped at 99.

• Monstrosity: 55 species unlocked. 1 family (Mandragora) at lv99. 59 instincts unlocked. Current status: NM.

• "Agrarian Tutelar" was from last night. This morning I was still at rank 7.

• RoE status 1075/1075. Most quests finished. All Missions finished and WotG rings obtained. Medal of Altana obtained. Atma of the Savior obtained.

• Only like, 50 Campaign Ops finished.

• Fishing, Goldsmithing 110. Synergy 80, all subcrafts at 70. Goldsmithing escutcheon completed

• All fish caught, Lu Shang's and Ebisu +1s done.

• Incursion KI at lv133.

• 2 Master Trials complete: "Black and White" and "Unafraid of the Dark."

• Fiat Lux not finished. Cracking Shells not finished.

• No Yilbegan title needed. No Wyrmking Descends title needed. Neither Sandworm titles needed.

• REMAs: 1 relic (G.Horn), 4 mythics, 1 empyrean (dagger), both Ergons, 8 Aeonics.

• 100% completion of Meeble Burrows (full marks on every expedition)

• Near-capped Chocobo Digging skill. Every Chocograph obtained from "Hot and Cold." Stuck on the Pashhow chocobo races.

For data collection purposes, here's the list of titles I DON'T have (using the title scraping script posted earlier in thread, duplicates removed):

---------------------

I honestly can't believe it's over. Fleshing out this character over 18 years is the most concentrated effort I've put into any task in my life. Guess it's time to work on stuff that actually matters. But I won't, I'm sure I'll get distracted trying to finish the rest of the random quests I haven't done, lol.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2024-01-01 18:50:05  
Congrats! Mastery Rank is great for completionists or trophy collectors. It's nice seeing the quest logs so complete too. Can't believe mine was something so trivial as doing a basic Campaign Op.

What's your playtime?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2024-01-01 18:50:54  
Ranoutofspace said: »
Congrats! Mastery Rank is great for completionists or trophy collectors. It's nice seeing the quest logs so complete too. Can't believe mine was something so trivial as doing a basic Campaign Op.

What's your playtime?

Playtime is 1214 days
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2024-01-01 19:53:19  
Rank 8 woo!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2024-01-01 20:27:49  
I had unlocked all species before I got rank 8, but I hadn't 99'd everything. Now I'm going back through and 99ing during free login. Don't need wardrobes for Monstrosity! Another reason it's great!
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-01-01 20:35:14  
I love how dedicated you guys are to this task.

Side question: Which objective for Master Rank would you say is the most time-delayed? (Could it be something more than the 6-month Ergon coalition climb?) Or perhaps /playtime-based?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-01 20:42:47  
Enter the garden every day for 1000 days, 3 year task.

All of the garden is really the only crazy time consuming thing, everything else is very fast by comparison.

Clear 1000 MMM takes a long time. Brown Mage consumes a bit of time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2024-01-01 21:28:05  
Now we need the big addition for 2024 to be mastery rank 9 for me to play again

Because it's at least as worthless of an addition as all the other crap they add
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2024-01-02 18:50:34  
So much content is done in the pursuit of a higher mastery rank that it should give you a WSD cheer effect or some undeniably good buff that scales with your rank. Boom - instantly everyone is camping(using MrArgus) old NMs, doing old content, leveling monstrosity, and are working towards a new grind to keep them busy at their own pace.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-02 19:15:39  
Does anyone have a titles + tasks spreadsheet/googledoc that I could commandeer? I'm kind of curious how far my progress is and whether I should take ranking up more seriously as a thing to do and that'd help alot
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-02 19:41:12  
Just the node, or the full list on bg

https://www.ffxiah.com/node/433
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Titles
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2024-01-03 09:46:59  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Does anyone have a titles + tasks spreadsheet/googledoc that I could commandeer? I'm kind of curious how far my progress is and whether I should take ranking up more seriously as a thing to do and that'd help alot

I've got a whole bunch that I either made for my own use, or edited from other peoples I found. I'll see what I can find and post here later, but a lot of it was on my old pc which is borked, so we shall see
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49