言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mastery Rank Data
Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51
By LightningHelix 2024-08-03 06:08:52  
Antisense said: »
Did you already get the Virtuous Saint title before doing the RoEs?

As rank 7, I haven't even done 500 total RoEs and am not really going out of my way to do them if they don't directly contribute to rank.
Yeah, the AV login campaign was on again and I forgot to get the RoEs and I didn't have uh... Aern Axe II I think - literally I had all but one of the nice cosmetic items from when I bothered to do it previously - so I did have the title already.

Not saying you should go out of your way for RoEs, but if nothing else there's a title for completing Remembrance of Flowers Past which requires 999 other completed objectives (which is why I try to peck away at it now and again)
 Bahamut.Herrmann
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Herrmann
By Bahamut.Herrmann 2024-08-04 10:16:26  
Ranoutofspace said: »
Bubu from 15 until you're 99 pretty much. Can one-shot mobs with the right instincts.

Anybody have insight on what instincts worked for them to do this? Thank you.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2024-08-04 10:59:00  
Depends on the species. Typically you want to be using species types with access to magic if available. BLM is best but RDM and even DRK are still better than nothing. BLM+RDM is ideal.

You load up on instincts that buff magic damage (particularly earth if you have Stone II access) and run around oneshotting stuff with Stone II, then level up before you run out of MP. Scorp I, Sandworm III, Antlion II, Raffelesia II buff earth damage, but iirc the tradeoff isn't worth it for all of them. You are unlikely to run out of MP anyway between levels, but hecteyes III is good of you are having trouble with it. Flan II is generally great. Toad III helps with recast.

These III instincts aren't useful if you are trying to figure out how to level them from nothing. Just do the best you can with what you already have and work towards a better set fixing your current problems.

Some species lack types that have access to magic, but honestly not that many. In that case, you just load up on haste/MA and hit things until they die, which is typically one or two attack rounds. Remember to set the relevant RoEs.

The balance problem with monstrosity is multifold:
1. The extra 50 instinct capacity is the most valuable at level 30, where the marginal 50 points are spent on better instincts than they would be at 60 or 90, where you already have those good instincts equipped.
2. HP scaling means you can kill EPs at 30 way faster than EPs at 60 or 90
3. The elemental magic revamp really supercharged low tier spells because it was balanced to try and make lower tier spells more useful at 99.

This all pushes you towards grinding out monster levels at 30 in Bubu on a job with black magic.
[+]
By LightningHelix 2024-08-12 11:01:34  
What's the highest-drop-rate option for a Cloud Evoker? I was thinking spam the Mine Shaft #2716 fight (75 cap) since it's the one that doesn't require climbing Parradmo Tor / doing some stupid Uleguerand sliding stuff, but if the rate's significantly higher elsewhere I'll do that instead.
By Kayte 2024-08-12 12:23:26  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Depends on the species. Typically you want to be using species types with access to magic if available. BLM is best but RDM and even DRK are still better than nothing. BLM+RDM is ideal.

You load up on instincts that buff magic damage (particularly earth if you have Stone II access) and run around oneshotting stuff with Stone II, then level up before you run out of MP. Scorp I, Sandworm III, Antlion II, Raffelesia II buff earth damage, but iirc the tradeoff isn't worth it for all of them. You are unlikely to run out of MP anyway between levels, but hecteyes III is good of you are having trouble with it. Flan II is generally great. Toad III helps with recast.

These III instincts aren't useful if you are trying to figure out how to level them from nothing. Just do the best you can with what you already have and work towards a better set fixing your current problems.

Some species lack types that have access to magic, but honestly not that many. In that case, you just load up on haste/MA and hit things until they die, which is typically one or two attack rounds. Remember to set the relevant RoEs.

The balance problem with monstrosity is multifold:
1. The extra 50 instinct capacity is the most valuable at level 30, where the marginal 50 points are spent on better instincts than they would be at 60 or 90, where you already have those good instincts equipped.
2. HP scaling means you can kill EPs at 30 way faster than EPs at 60 or 90
3. The elemental magic revamp really supercharged low tier spells because it was balanced to try and make lower tier spells more useful at 99.

This all pushes you towards grinding out monster levels at 30 in Bubu on a job with black magic.

Is there a rough suggestion for species order you should do first in order to get better instincts to grind the other ones? I've only done one monster to 99 (and did regular grinding which put me off doing any more) but the Bubu spam interests me, I would love to max the content if it doesn't take me 3 days per species. How long does it take to grind each one in Bubu?

Since you mention grinding EPs I assume the chain monstrosity campaign doesn't really affect it at all, and I could just work on it whenever instead of waiting for it to do anything with the content like I have been.

LightningHelix said: »
What's the highest-drop-rate option for a Cloud Evoker? I was thinking spam the Mine Shaft #2716 fight (75 cap) since it's the one that doesn't require climbing Parradmo Tor / doing some stupid Uleguerand sliding stuff, but if the rate's significantly higher elsewhere I'll do that instead.

I am doing my attempts in Like the Wind. You mention climbing Parradamo, but you do know you can just proto waypoint instantly to the top right? Doesn't take that long to get it, and is by far the easiest fight for me to do since they're all capped.

That being said, the 10-15% drop rates the wikis estimate is by far a lie, or I'm just extremely unlucky. 0/27 going every 5 days at the moment, starting to doubt they even drop any more. Wish they'd come back in login points but that'll probably never happen again.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2024-08-12 13:58:32  
I think I might have used someone else's cloud evoker? If not, then I think I got the drop from brothers unm in uleguerand? Either that or diremite
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2024-08-12 15:25:47  
Maybe takes a day per species? I can't remember at this point.

I think that doing insects, amorphs, and aquans is the way to go? Do them up to the instincts I listed and move on when you get them.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2024-08-12 16:18:58  
Doesn't toad have a good one at 90? Maybe
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2024-08-12 18:06:02  
Toad III costs a lot and you can cap Haste more efficiently with other options, but if you could pick it alone and it wasn't so gated, it'd be fine.

At 30, monsters are between 0 and 25% haste, so the super big benefits of haste aren't really there yet.
By LightningHelix 2024-08-13 09:03:41  
Kayte said: »
I am doing my attempts in Like the Wind. You mention climbing Parradamo, but you do know you can just proto waypoint instantly to the top right? Doesn't take that long to get it, and is by far the easiest fight for me to do since they're all capped.
I did not recall that, but also I'm a filthy cheater so it doesn't reallllllly matter... no, seriously, that's excellent, thank you for that!

Unrelated: Do Dominion Ops grant Abyssea fame? I find myself with not-maxed fame in a bunch of Abyssea zones I've already 100%'d. And like really not maxed, Grauberg's last quests are at fame rank 3 of 6. And specifically Grauberg sucks to grind, because your choices are Harvesting Points or kill wyverns -> give Wing to Cornelia -> zone, repeat, and cutting out zoning by doing Dominion Ops instead would be really nice. (But it looks like they don't? Or not much at least?)
 Bahamut.Herrmann
By Bahamut.Herrmann 2024-08-13 12:36:00  
Dominion ops do not grant fame. On the BG wiki main abyssea page there's asterisks that denote which quests someone has deemed best for quick fame.
 Asura.Karppa
サーバ: Asura
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-08-15 01:25:43  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Karppa
サーバ: Asura
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-08-15 01:29:25  
I miss those days and all the great players who was with me yes this is my alt Gnus not anus should be Guns
By Moonlightagb 2024-09-01 04:20:10  
For those that have farmed Monstrosity, do you find it worthwhile to keep up the exp boost dedication effect from spending infamy which adds zone time back to Port Bastok, the Feretory, talking to the npc, then back to Buburimu every 10ish min every time it wears off?
 Bahamut.Herrmann
By Bahamut.Herrmann 2024-09-01 06:47:31  
Moonlightagb said: »
For those that have farmed Monstrosity, do you find it worthwhile to keep up the exp boost dedication effect from spending infamy which adds zone time back to Port Bastok, the Feretory, talking to the npc, then back to Buburimu every 10ish min every time it wears off?

I try to stack the dedication with gain EXP and it feels faster to quickly run back to town, grab dedication and go back out. If I spawn in a really weird spot i'll go back to town and try again.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51