Cruel Joke Question

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Cruel Joke Question
Cruel Joke Question
By KyLouie16 2021-02-19 14:56:43  
My lua didn't include which set cruel joke should be used with, and I'm curious if anyone knows FOR SURE (not just you think) what you should be using for maximum accuracy/potency of getting cruel joke to land.

Should I be using a magic accuracy set, a blue magic skill set, or a combination of the two perhaps? I've tried scanning the forums to see if anyone has posted about this before, and cannot locate anything.
 Asura.Nuance
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-19 15:11:59  
I just use a full macc set. Some ***in odyssey is going to flat out resist it regardless. Amorphs like worms flans etc I know for certain resist. As well as beasts. Tigers manticores etc. And of course undead. Not had an issue landing it on anything else. I’ve not tried dahaks but I know I can land on puks as they are both dragons I can only assume it works on dahaks as well.
By Shichishito 2021-02-19 15:16:27  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-02-19 15:40:47  
Fine taste for music.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-02-19 15:47:13  
ItemSet 376454

This is what I use for Cruel cleaving on all floors of all Sheols.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-19 16:19:56  
You can never go wrong with pure magical accuracy/skill, but blue magic skill might have a small effect as well. Regardless, as stated, there are some families that flat out resist it simply based on the element, or will be immune to the doom debuff. Flans, for example, seemed to resist the effect of the spell landing, and bats did as well, probably because of the element. In a group of 10 rabbits, I had one randomly resist, so it's subject to normal land rates. I could even land cruel joke on all beastmen in Sheol A, but they are immune to the effects of Doom's death, as they remained alive even after the move timer expired. So you can't abuse the move totally on every monster type
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-02-19 17:47:26  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You can never go wrong with pure magical accuracy/skill, but blue magic skill might have a small effect as well.
So what you're saying is....

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-02-19 18:30:08  
Well, my contribution to the Queens of Stone Age thread

[+]
By Shichishito 2021-02-19 20:24:47  
i read that rumor about SE patching a bug of blue skill as it previously wouldn't account for the macc part or what not.
blue skill never played too much of a roll besides interuption rate, occultation and a few more exotic spells that are negligible.

most magic skills i know of have a soft cap at which point they drop of to 1.5 - 2 skill equal 1 macc, if there is a soft cap for blue magic it is rather likely that we reach it easily and even if there is none i doubt that there is any situation where 1 blue skill is more potent than 1 macc.

tbh i wouldn't even consider a blue skill piece unless the blue skill amounts to more than 125%-150%+ of what it is missing in macc.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-19 22:16:47  
Shichishito said: »
most magic skills i know of have a soft cap at which point they drop of to 1.5 - 2 skill equal 1 macc, if there is a soft cap for blue magic it is rather likely that we reach it easily and even if there is none i doubt that there is any situation where 1 blue skill is more potent than 1 macc.
Source? All the tests I've ever seen show that it's 1:1 (or very close) for every possible value.
By Shichishito 2021-02-19 22:33:34  
did i confuse stats with skill?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-19 22:37:26  
Stats definitely have a soft cap for MACC conversion (several of them, in fact), so maybe.
By Shichishito 2021-02-19 23:27:29  
the general statement is 1 magic skill = 1 macc for most magic skills, however there is additional explicit info on what stat relates to what type of magic macc but there is no explicit info about blue magic, so i'm not sure if the skill/macc statement also refers to blue magic:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Magic_Accuracy
there apparently used to be a rumor of 1 elemental skill above 200 only equating to 0.9 macc:
http://robonosto.blogspot.com/2008/12/give-me-data-or-give-me.html
the rumor of a lowered skill to macc ratio used to be due to the assumption that macc is the equivalent to acc for magic and there beeing a melee skill/acc drop off
however this test is from december 2008, most likely lvl 75 and apparently tested around the 200 skill range. no clue if it changes at higher skill lvls or if the forumlar was altered/patched within the past ~12 years.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-19 23:53:59  
I've said it before somewhere else but it is unlikely we will ever have concrete and definitive research into the actual effect of magic skill on magic accuracy. The number of hours it'd take to collect the appropriate data would be enormous and not worth the effort.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-20 00:08:05  
Why don't we just ask the developers the next time they field questions instead of asking dumb stuff like legacy servers and FFXI remakes. We are going on twenty years and don't have basic info for things that should be public knowledge. They might pony up like they did with treasure Hunter.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-20 01:07:10  
Rather get a new type of cheese sandwich. This time add pizza sauce. Pizza sandwich.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-01 10:25:58  
Thoughts on improvements for shoal C?

ItemSet 379093

r15 tizona and path A body.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [407 days between previous and next post]
By Galkapryme 2022-05-13 20:16:23  
Since Cruel Joke is magical with dark properties, does gear with Dark Magic Attack or Dark Magic Accuracy help?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-13 20:30:23  
CJ deals no damage, so Dark Magic Attack+ gear would do nothing for it. Dark Magic Accuracy would affect land rate, but there's only a few pieces that are dark acc specific like that, and im pretty sure the few pieces that have that stat are beaten outright by other options. Should just be fine with straight Magic Accuracy or Blue Magic Skill gear, or any combination of the two stats.