Kind Of A Long Shot: Audio For Footstep Sounds?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Dat Modding » Kind of a Long shot: Audio for footstep sounds?
Kind of a Long shot: Audio for footstep sounds?
By soralin 2021-05-17 12:42:15  
Im working on a project extracting FFXI worlds to VRChat for fun, and its been pretty cool slowly adding more and more elements of the game, or new elements in the style of the original game.

One thing I have been setting my sights on is adding in the original games footstep sound effects while running around (with the intent to tweak them a lot to scale with how tall you are and how much you move)

However, the thing is I cant seem to find a resource for not only where these sound effects are stored, but also a way to extract them?

Ive been using AltanaViewer+Noesis for extracting out all the models/textures/bones/etc for worlds and characters and NPCs and whatnot so far, to great success.

If anyone has a resource or knows how I can get the footprint sound effects, please let me know!
 Valefor.Furyspawn
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-05-17 14:29:23  
I could be wrong, but I think all of those are stored in a single .dat per race/gender, the one labeled (Basic) in the Action section on the PC tab in AltanaViewer. For example, Hume Male should be ROM/27/82.dat, the path displayed at the bottom of the application when switching to (Basic).
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-05-17 15:59:55  
Lots of info here that may prove useful in your quest.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36090/click-click-click/
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-05-17 18:37:22  
This was something that came up in the windower discord the other day, the person who was playing around with them said reisenjima has 384 footstep sounds, sooooo if you really want to it will be a lot of work.

Gave them a heads up that you were looking for info on footsteps, so if they have time they might drop some knowledge.
[+]
By kjLotus 2021-05-17 19:05:19  
Since it seems like you're going down the same path I went a year ago (extracting FFXI assets using AV/noesis/galkareeve), I'll just share my repository I've been working on for it. It has some things AV/noesis don't, and some things that are in source form that AV has but nobody else has (since the source for AV is gone). Obviously I don't expect you to dig through this on your own, but you can message Lotus in the Windower discord if you have any questions about it.

As for footsteps, I haven't got around to parsing the sound effect pointers in the DATs yet, so I don't know exactly what links the sound effect pointer to the file in sound/win/se. However, I do know how the different sound effects are chosen (based on race/location/footwear) and how the game displays its effects (footprints, water splashes, etc.). It's not in my repository yet since I'm still working on stuff related to it, but you can message Lotus in the Windower Discord for more exact info. It's kind of a shitshow (like most of FFXI's DATs/client code).
[+]
By soralin 2021-05-24 03:27:16  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Lots of info here that may prove useful in your quest.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36090/click-click-click/

That was exactly what I needed.

XiMC was the tool I was hoping existed, and after manually going through the files I was able to find the "core" footprint sound effects.

se023 has the "hard" ground steps (I think this is the main one you hear the most, especially in cities), and se024 has the "soft" ones (grass, dirt, sand, also has the armor jingle jangle steps)

Im gonna keep looking cause these didnt contain the "Wood" sound effects you hear when walking across bridges and stuff, nor did it have the "Wading through water" sound effects.

For now, this is what my digging has got me:
Code
se001: Global Background Sound Effects (Wind, birds chirping, each zones loops)
se002: Local Background Sound Effects (Water, rivers, waterfalls, etc)
se003: Magic Casting sounds (Closing sound effects, might be more than just magic here though)
se004: Hand Clapping Sounds
se005: Monster Sound Effects
se006: Combat Sound effects (hits, misses, blocks, etc)
se007: More ability/spell effect noises (seems like mostly monster ones? Blue magic maybe?)
se008: Environment sounds? Triggered sounds? Cutscene sounds perhaps? Doors opening, clicks, whirs, machinery, thunder
se009: Triggered sounds, mostly doors, lots of doors. Also homepoint loop at se009013!
se010: More spells, enfeebling specific perhaps? (Poison was in there)
se011: More spells, buffs? Items? (I think one of them is food effect)
se012: Teleports perhaps? Transportation sounds?
se013: Monster debuffs?
se014: Enhancing magic? Shell/Protect sound like they are in there
se015: Dark Magic? Sounds like some absorb spells, Aspir, Drain, etc
se016: Sounds like ambient NPC noises? Crystals noises, portals noises, most sound like loops, some are teleport noises
se017: More ability effects
se021: Bard songs
se023: Footsteps (hard ground)
se024: Footsteps?! (not hard ground)
[+]