Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Gil Farming
Gil Farming
First Page 2
By Bliven731 2021-06-18 08:35:06  
Are there some pretty good spots for farming gil that generally aren't taken? I'm not asking for your super secret spot, I just literally came back 2 days ago and want to make some okay gil. I only use 1 char and I don't intend on botting. Just came back after about 7 years so definitely don't have top tier endgame stuff.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-06-18 08:52:45  
If you've only been back for 2 days, look into getting your 2mil/week from sparks and accolades
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-06-18 09:01:00  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
If you've only been back for 2 days, look into getting your 2mil/week from sparks and accolades
Not sure what "okay" gil means to you, but this is probably gonna be your best option to get gil with minimum effort.
[+]
By Bazing 2021-06-18 09:10:36  
Beehive Chips
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-06-18 09:23:38  
As mentioned get your weekly Gil from turning in sparks for Acheron shields and NPCing them.
Try to do ambuscade (you’re gonna need to anyway) and once you buy the gear for the month use points on sellables (Alexandrite, heavy metal, riftcinder, etc.). Ambu is probably your biggest focus besides questing because it’s gonna open up so many options gear wise and Gil wise.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-18 09:39:24  
Daily Domain Invasion. Daily Odyssey farming. Daily gobbie box sometimes pays off. Monthly RoE Trove for free Mars Orb to sell to someone. Chores chores chores!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-18 10:32:29  
True statement lol. Chores pay allowance.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-06-18 10:52:20  
I always give this advice to new players in Welcome home: if your play time allows, do your leveling on gainexp days and set your daily roes. This should be a sufficient was to cap sparks and accolades weekly and get an easy 2mil per week. This should be a good income to get you through missions and your first 99 job.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-06-18 11:33:37  
You can probably handle solo Dynamis where you're at, and Dynamis is actually a little better for money now than it has been in years: the gil has gotten stronger recently and Dynamis currency has held its gil value as other RMEA weapon currencies like Alexandrite and HMPs have declined.

Most of us get our wages through an event called Ambuscade where you trade victory points for various currencies, and the exchange rate on Dynamis currency is really terrible so supply on that is a lot less these days than you'd probably expect.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-06-18 11:55:26  
Level whm and geo a and farm ambu like it's your job. Make millions.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-18 11:56:43  
Bliven731 said: »
farming gil

There is a "Rewards" section of this website on the left hand side. Click on each section, filter by price, check the stack (12, 99) price of each, and see what is worth doing. It comes down to just farming a lot of things and selling at the appropriate time.

Some Unity materials are overloaded on the AH, but others dry up fast. Take note of which ones sell quickly and dump your excess weekly Accolades into this for some extra money.

Speaking of Unity, always pop boxes next to the AMAN reclaimer so you can convert the weapons/armor into Copper Voucher progress.

You can do the same with Omen (find out which material is selling/what price, farm that material in a group). People always want Omen drops, so picking the gil item (or swarts) is an easy come up.

HTBFs are a good way to make money. Just farm a bunch of boxes up, and within a few dozen runs you'll have a lot of boxes to pop and convert to cash. Also, you can convert unneeded gear back to the AMAN reclaimer (or send to mules) for 60% of a copper voucher. On weeks where you don't cap your accolades/sparks, you can convert these near-useless vouchers into points to turn back into acheron shields. Do this on mules you don't ever get sparks on for easy cash.

Doing Odyssey and clicking the flux at the end will reward you some gil, depending on how good your group is. If you solo, pick the zone with the better Lustreless sale items. Key farming is still a thing if you need easy money (can be a risk).

Ambuscade obviously.

Always pay attention to the monthly campaigns. Right now, it's VW, so you will see groups doing them nonstop. You can pull up and rake in some minor treasure for next to no work. NNI is another one that rewards you randomly. Aman trove also, can sell the orbs from doing the ROE tasks for silvers.

There's other, less desirable things that people overlook sometimes. When I was farming Twashtar + Daurdabla, I considered buying some pop items. Tiger King's Hide * Sisyphus Fragments sell for a pretty penny, and it pops every 10~15 minutes. Easy cash if you run out and check if it's up.

Just make use of what people are doing and use all of the avenues available to you. Money will come in just by rotating tasks/chores.
By Rips 2021-06-18 11:59:51  
Leviathan.Andret said: »

Not to nitpick, but I'd like to nitpick here.

Please don't fall victim to leveling and gearing a support job role especially if you don't want to play a support job role. Take it from me. I geared GEO and earned my Idris. Yeah, it's super freaking nice to have. But my god is it a boring job. And now I'm pigeon holed into playing it when I do endgame stuff with my friend or LS.

You don't need to gear a support job to get things done in this game, it just makes it much easier.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-06-18 12:02:31  
Rips said: »

Please don't fall victim to leveling and gearing a support job role especially if you don't want to play a support job role. Take it from me. I geared GEO and earned my Idris. Yeah, it's super freaking nice to have. But my god is it a boring job. And now I'm pigeon holed into playing it when I do endgame stuff with my friend or LS.

You don't need to gear a support job to get things done in this game, it just makes it much easier.

Make another Idris on an alt, it's a lot of work but you'll be glad you did.
By Rips 2021-06-18 12:11:44  
RadialArcana said: »

Make another Idris on an alt, it's a lot of work but you'll be glad you did.

Did you want to fight?

In all seriousness - i'll tack on Copper Ingots and Sheep Leather for some quick and easy gil.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2021-06-18 12:26:38  
Or sell chocobo feathers. Seriously do you see what people buy them for!?
[+]
By Rips 2021-06-18 12:51:20  
Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said: »

I still can’t comprehend how an RMT would find this safe. It’s not against the TOS to do this, but it screams “report me.”
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-18 12:55:00  
Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said: »

I still can’t comprehend how an RMT would find this safe. It’s not against the TOS to do this, but it screams “report me.”

This. But, if square only give the minimum *** required to matter, it would be that way.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-18 12:55:04  
Use CC
[+]
By Rips 2021-06-18 12:59:10  
Pantafernando said: »
Use CC

Wat
 Carbuncle.Ared
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: dracoth
By Carbuncle.Ared 2021-06-18 13:07:37  
Pantafernando said: »
Use CC

Wat

Feed the RMT. Use a Credit Card. I'm assuming it's a tongue in cheek response to get gil fast.
By Shichishito 2021-06-18 13:12:51  
if you don't have a group of friends you'll have to play what's in high demand. healer and tank is usually the last spot that gets filled followed by supports that are in current metas high demand which are (correct me if i'm wrong) COR, RDM and BRD (probably in that order) so your best bet is to invest in WHM, RUN, COR, RDM, BRD or maybe PLD.
of all those WHM is most likely both, the least demanding to gear and the least favorite job to be played and therefore the clear winner to get into endgame content.

the "just lvl GEO" meme needs to die, GEO is the most saturated support job cause, aside idris, it's easy to gear and was in high demand a couple of years ago. those days are over, GEO got hit with nerfs and is penalized in the more recent endgame content.
the "go play what you like" advice can also die in a fire cause everyone who shows up with a job that doesn't fit the currently accepted meta gets ignored, stop wasting ppls time.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-06-18 13:15:28  
The problem with a question like this is basic farming stuff depends on the server, things that sell well on Asura for instance don't on other servers.

Bat fangs, Sheep teeth are easy to farm and sell well on Asura for instance.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-18 13:21:45  
Honestly, if you're a legit player, returning from years ago.. farm all the conditional r/ex you need. Most events in this game have some sort of valuable sellable and they're often comparable in price:time because bots determine the AH price.

Delve, Vagary, Omen, Dynamis, Escha, SR all have some value in them. Start odyssey as soon as you're geared enough to do so for the liquid gil. IF and when you reach a point where you have no other conditional gear to get for your desirable jobs, worry about doing things specifically for gil.

disclaimer: this method only works if you don't have every small piece of gear you want merced
[+]
By Rips 2021-06-18 14:16:08  
Shichishito said: »
if you don't have a group of friends you'll have to play what's in high demand. healer and tank is usually the last spot that gets filled followed by supports that are in current metas high demand which are (correct me if i'm wrong) COR, RDM and BRD (probably in that order) so your best bet is to invest in WHM, RUN, COR, RDM, BRD or maybe PLD.
of all those WHM is most likely both, the least demanding to gear and the least favorite job to be played and therefore the clear winner to get into endgame content.

the "just lvl GEO" meme needs to die, GEO is the most saturated support job cause, aside idris, it's easy to gear and was in high demand a couple of years ago. those days are over, GEO got hit with nerfs and is penalized in the more recent endgame content.
the "go play what you like" advice can also die in a fire cause everyone who shows up with a job that doesn't fit the currently accepted meta gets ignored, stop wasting ppls time.

The purpose of someone playing this video game legit is to have fun. If the OP is here for fun, they very much should play a job they enjoy.

We can compromise on both agreeing to just not pick BLM.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-18 15:16:53  
Ya gotta believe in the heart of the cards, Yugi!
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-06-18 16:02:32  
At the very least, one should choose the job one wants and play as far as that job will allow before contemplating picking up a tryhard support job.

Even if nobody wants your DRG for endgame, you can get it pretty beefy on your own and it'll only help you when you want to start putting in work on GEO or WHM or whatever you're going to make your group job.

Plus, if you're new, like, you might not even like this game yet! Why kneecap yourself with a job that, however desirable it might be for endgame, is total *** for solo play?
By Bongarippa 2021-06-18 17:43:10  
Shichishito said: »

The purpose of someone playing this video game legit is to have fun. If the OP is here for fun, they very much should play a job they enjoy.

We can compromise on both agreeing to just not pick BLM.

I agree play what you want, but you're gonna need a support to do anything in game unless you're sitting on a pile of gil where you can make like a masamune and r15 it along with getting all the appropriate gear. If you don't care about having some of the best items in the game, play what you want. If you want to get invited to end game content, you're gonna need one of those dreaded support jobs. Everyone should have a support job anyways to compliment their dps or pets job or w/e anyways.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-18 20:29:18  
What they wanted: A location of a good spot to farm.

What they got: A list of common ways to make money, what job to play, how/why to play the job, and talk about why certain jobs won't perform as well as others in end-game scenarios without a means to deck X, Y, and Z jobs out.

I should just stick the "Well, that escalated quickly" meme here and call it a night.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-06-18 20:53:12  
LoL yeah, there aren't any where good enough to "farm", as in repeatedly run around in a circle killing stuff for drops all day long, anymore.

Realistically, you can "farm" with a thf in Omen, target the fungars in Abby for mushrooms, the saplings in the past for lettuce. However, they aren't really worth it compare to just doing 2 Odyssey runs for gil or just open chests or just do as much ambu as possible.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-18 21:34:02  
<Tele-Holla> <Tele-Dem> <Tele-Mea> 3k <Tele-Yhoat> <Tele-Altep> <Tele-Vahzl> 5k. <Do you need it?> </tell> <Thank you.>

Gotta save up for that Noble's Tunic somehow.
First Page 2