users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Sahagin Ambuscade V1
Sahagin Ambuscade V1
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-03-12 13:02:10  
Yes, Cleansing Bubbles is on a timer and based on it being silenced. From the patch notes:

"The amount of time between the Bozzetto Songstress being affected by silence effects and using Cleansing Bubbles has been increased from 45s to 60s."

Bippin's strategy works, but you can still do it the silence way just fine. We were getting ~6 minute VD kills with minimal risk, silencing the boss 4 times or so each fight. Each time it erases itself, the bard and the healer fill it full of 4-5 enfeebles, then spam silence until it lands. It's got a Resist Silence trait, so it can sometimes take 2-3 casts even if the conditions are met and you have plenty of MACC. If anything, it's easier to silence this time because SE removed its gradual enfeeble resistance, meaning you can land everything but silence 1/1 no matter how many times it has erased itself.

I was the healer on RDM/SCH and it wasn't very hard to heal even when splitting healing duties with getting silence back up every minute. Just make sure to throw out a quick Slow/Para on the kraken when it pops so hundred fists doesn't wreck someone.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-03-12 13:07:35  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I was Brd

I did songs

I cast Sleep

We won...

8min...

I will sing harder tonight

See, there you go, just sing harder. Not that big a deal.

Also, this video is super appropriate to this discussion:
YouTube Video Placeholder

From https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/The_History_of_Penfifteen#PEN_Series
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-12 13:31:36  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Yes, Cleansing Bubbles is on a timer and based on it being silenced. From the patch notes:

"The amount of time between the Bozzetto Songstress being affected by silence effects and using Cleansing Bubbles has been increased from 45s to 60s."

Yeah this was the part we were wanting to nail down, were pretty sure but ran out of time last night and couldn't nail it down 100%, was like 90% sure after Absorb-TP didn't do anything.

From the wiki entry of last fight.

Quote:
The Songstress possesses a high regain effect and will use Cleansing Bubbles to remove all debuffs from itself and any nearby mobs (~20') as well as waking them.

So it's buff everyone, make sure some sort of thunder resist is present, charge in and sleep everything, then pick them off one at a time and ignore the songstress. Do multi-step SC's to maximize instant damage to overcome the regen effect. The COR and BRD shouldn't be spamming Savage Blade. No resistance to geo debuffs this time around it seems (like 75% sure on this), frailty all the things.

wick said: »
IF your not silencing, make sure to spam dispelga on mobs as minuet will destroy everyone.

Thanks for the jinpu tip Bip!

This was any thought of ours, if we sleep in the back corner and pull them one at a time to the songstress, they won't be getting mega buffed by her songs. Takes longer but might be a safer method.
By Foxfire 2023-03-12 13:42:59  
So you chose to get on Bippin's case because of a mechanic he never had to deal with because it only happens when it's silenced?

Perhaps it's time to take a step back and breathe.

I kinda wanna give this strat a shot but my jinpu DMG never rly seems to be super consistent. Then again, these things take extra damage so perhaps it doesn't matter.

Guess it's worth a try
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2023-03-12 14:11:22  
We tried several variations for the fight before Bippin threw out the idea of dropping me on BLU and having me come SAM instead to try jinpu out more so to down the MnKs faster so they spin and one of us could get a jinpu off without getting guarded and it went swimmingly. I think our fastest run was about 4m45s or so.
By Foxfire 2023-03-12 14:16:51  
yeah. the times i went on SAM (on D) i was doing the usual 4step light but never really considered that hybrid dmg would be effective, so maybe that'd speed things up.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2023-03-12 14:55:50  
Sam Sam Sch brd cor geo

Regen 5 / windstorm 2 / barthunder / dispelga

Honor / victory / minuet / Madrigal / spot healing

Sam / chaos

Geo frailty / indi wilt / entrust malaise / dia 2 / dispelga

Jinpu down the kraken together then the whm.

Split up and take down the drgs

Get together to take down mnks to avoid getting caught by guard

Wasn’t at all a problem.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-12 16:02:52  
Foxfire said: »
So you chose to get on Bippin's case because of a mechanic he never had to deal with because it only happens when it's silenced?

No I got on Bippens case because his entire post was just bragging.

Asura.Bippin said: »
~5min runs, don't Silence SAM SAM BRD COR SCH GEO

That was his post before he want back and edited it.

When prodded about specifics he obviously didn't know them and someone else actually set it up.

Now contrast that with something like Toralin

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54555/the-odyssey-strategy-and-discussion/227/#3659009

Or even Geriond's or Nuance's above. Details matter, especially when SE "adjusts" stuff.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-12 16:15:42  
Asura.Saevel said: »
No I got on Bippens case because his entire post was just bragging.
Nah I just didn't realize people needed so much information for a very straight forward fight. The only real mechanic that is different then just do buffs/cure/dispel/kill that I thought I needed to include was that we didn't silence.

As I realized people needed more information I added it to the post.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2023-03-12 16:34:35  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Or even Geriond's or Nuance's above. Details matter, especially when SE "adjusts" stuff.

Let’s not get it twisted, I was defending Bippin.

He gave you the jobs and said we didn’t silence. If you need more hand holding than that, that’s on you.

I provided said hand holding so this moronic conversation may end and we can go about our lives in peace and brotherly love.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-03-12 17:03:26  
Just saying, I don't think the natural state of humans is peace and brotherly love.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-03-12 17:32:42  
the "details" you were so hell-bent on proving he knew nothing about had nothing to do with the strategy he did because he didn't silence, which was indicated from the start. you fixated on something unrelated to their method because of your lack of understanding and then put the onus on bippin as if he's mindless and incapable of differentiating D from VD.

but echoing nuance, i'm over it
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-12 22:00:49  
4 days into a good ambuscade month, and I'm missing the shitty ones because at least threads like this didn't happen.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-03-13 01:05:22  
Need a cleansing bubble for this thread
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-03-13 01:57:38  
[+]
By zithro 2023-03-13 08:44:15  
where do you get KI for intense? I'm killing saharans but not getting it
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-13 08:49:54  
You either:
A-Dont have the RoE set
B-are killing the lv40 sahagin's near norg/survival guide when the non-daily RoE specifically states "experience-yielding".
By Dodik 2023-03-13 08:50:34  
Sea Serpent Grotto UNM warp, any of them there will give KI.
By SimonSes 2023-03-13 11:28:42  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Kaggra delivers like always. 2:34min from entry.

They use BLU for Sudden Lunge regular mobs and Absolute Terror on Kraken. They use Silence, when they are less than 1min away from finishing (4 enfeeblings at start). RDM opens with Breakga (/sch aoe break).

BLU Mighty Guard, Sudden Lunge, Absolute Terror
WAR/sam x2 Warcry.
COR CC Samurai, Dancer roll, Random deal
RDM Haste II, AoE Regen, AoE phalanx, Distract(?)
GEO IndiWilt, Geo Frailty, Entrust regen

They used Gaxes Upheavals on WARs, but its probably not the only viable weapon choice and probably not the only viable DD jobs, but Warcrys probably adds a lot here.

PULL ADDS ON TOP OF SONGSTRESS TO BUFF DAMAGE
[+]