What To Farm For "pulse Weapons"

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » What to farm for "pulse weapons"
What to farm for "pulse weapons"
By nothing 2021-09-15 04:12:53  
Best way to get pulse weapons I've found, is to farm potpourri in Escha-Ru'Aun during a double experience point campaign. The mobs die fast so your potpourri per time is decent, plus you get decent capacity points and items to sell. Way more productive than VW farming in my opinion.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-09-15 06:23:31  
Don't you need 25k merits points to get one via potpurri? That's a lot of grindin.

As an aside, there was a character in ff9 called Grandma Porpurri. She says something along the lines of, "I don't make much making pots but I love it, you should always do what you enjoy"

Implying, if you like grinding. Grind a pulse I guess.
[+]
By miraeldito 2021-09-15 06:48:42  
I came across the same problem once got back in the game.
Was lucky enough to have 1 girru from back in the days that i used, but I needed to 2 more ambu weapons.

Voidwatch spamming is something you can do also with basic equip, very unlikely you'll see the pulse weapon but Heavy metal plate drop is a bouns

Escha NM, drop rate is not as bad, but still rare

Potpourri is a long grinding, I try to have Emporox's Gift active as much as I can, but still sitting at 21k after like 6 months

deed of heroism might be a good choice you can get a first voucher at 170 deeds (40 per month) quite easy to get some even with mules if you got 'em

Gobbie mistery box, only matter of luck but worth to try

Defenetly i wouldnt reccomend to buy pulse cell unless you:
- are sure to have 5 of the same type in ah
- are sure to be able to buy all 5 with the gill you have
- don't have anything better to put those gill in
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2021-09-15 08:56:00  
The T3 Behemoth is a good target. a stack of Plutons and some THF action will yield some results.
By FaeQueenCory 2021-09-15 09:01:48  
miraeldito said: »
deed of heroism might be a good choice you can get a first voucher at 170 deeds (40 per month) quite easy to get some even with mules if you got 'em
even just doing the 2 that a Lv1 mule can do with little effort (you'll need to walk them to adoulin) is worth it. But if you have a leveled mule, deeds to 170 is an even better option for pulse weapons.

It was a huge oversight IMO that you can't turn in a completed ambuscade weapon for the pulse requirement. There's a few that are only good to have to hold you over until you finish some ultimate (like Drepanum until you finish Apocalypse or w/e).
So having been able to essentially swap them out for a better, or more relevant one should have been day 1.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [131 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2022-01-24 00:33:53  
Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
Hi! You could also try Hall of Mul. I have gotten 4 pulses from there :)

how hard is that in this day and age?
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-01-24 01:08:47  
Got to watch out for the Mantis doing Death Prophet, otherwise it's not difficult. Got to keep farming for it though, and I did this many times to get a scroll and never saw a pulse. There is no "easy" way of getting a pulse (other than deeds), you just need to get extremely lucky, or grind potpourri forever.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-24 01:10:56  
behemoth is easy, just mundane. I got all 14 of mine doing that. Most I got within a few hours. Some were really short and only a couple were longer than 5 hours.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-01-24 01:55:17  
I had only Coruscanti apparently but got all the Bodies back then so just going to use the Deeds unless VW Campaign farming HMP for Gil throws another my way. Everything else seems like a total waste of time since VW is worth it just for the HMP alone for the Gil. Which if you had plenty of such to begin w/ you would just be buying Pulse items off the AH so might as well do VW.

I should probably actually check my Storage Slips…….
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-01-24 08:54:30  
Long-term, I recommend keeping up Emporox' Gift (100 beads for 72 hours of automatic potpourri conversion).
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-01-24 12:12:50  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Long-term, I recommend keeping up Emporox' Gift (100 beads for 72 hours of automatic potpourri conversion).
^ 2 trips a week and regular playing gets you free pulse.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By Twiggmeister 2022-03-02 20:42:46  
Has anyone been farming pulse weapons lately? I've been doing Urmahlullu and Fleetstalker this week and I'm at 347 kills now in a row without seeing a single weapon drop, all with TH 9+ on them too. This is just getting absolutely ridiculous.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-03-02 20:44:40  
I did all 14 of mine on the behemoth. I've gotten two back to back and I've gone two days straight of not getting anything.
[+]
By Twiggmeister 2022-03-02 22:41:41  
I don't know man, something is messed up. There's no way this should be taking 400 *** kills now to get anything to drop.
By Jetackuu 2022-03-02 22:58:13  
Twiggmeister said: »
I don't know man, something is messed up. There's no way this should be taking 400 *** kills now to get anything to drop.
How are your vorseals?
By Shichishito 2022-03-02 23:12:19  
had similar dry streaks on them.

did you check your inventory if you already have their pulse weapon flying around?
By Twiggmeister 2022-03-02 23:34:20  
Yep, checked inventory on both characters. I have a cor mule, and both NM's are dead within 90 seconds, so kill speed had been pretty fast over last few days. I usually do about 25 an hour. I just recently hit over 400 kills. It's extremely hard to believe anyone has ever had this bad of luck before. Most people I have talked to usually get drops between 70-100 kills and that's even with TH4. Idk, I wonder if game is bugged or something.
By namelessone 2022-03-03 08:18:15  
I took a huge break back in 2014. But before I left I didn't have much to do in game anymore and decided to chase pulses for the fun of it before these ambu weapons were even a thing. I recall it not taking me very long to collect all the pulse weapons and I'm surprised no one is saying anything about meeble barrows for pulse farming I don't remember ever going a day in between each pulse drop from there and that content is very solo friendly. Just my 2 cents
By Shichishito 2022-03-03 09:22:10  
drop rates are listed between very rare and ultra rare (1%-0.1%) for meeble pulse.
it's been a while but iirc collecting the entry KIs to face a boss can drag out quite a bit and if you just buy them it probably gets a lot more pricy than alternatives.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-03-03 11:24:52  
I've never seen a Meebles pulse despite dozens of kills of the pulse-dropping bosses.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-03-03 11:27:11  
Twiggmeister said: »
Yep, checked inventory on both characters. I have a cor mule, and both NM's are dead within 90 seconds, so kill speed had been pretty fast over last few days. I usually do about 25 an hour. I just recently hit over 400 kills. It's extremely hard to believe anyone has ever had this bad of luck before. Most people I have talked to usually get drops between 70-100 kills and that's even with TH4. Idk, I wonder if game is bugged or something.
Assuming a 1% drop rate, the chances of not getting a pulse in 400 kills is about 1.8%.

That's unlucky, but it's not that unlucky.
By Twiggmeister 2022-03-03 11:49:59  
Update: finally one dropped after 424 kills. I guess it just took a little bitching. I’ve talked to a lot of people and I don’t know anyone personally that has even went over 200 kills in a row using TH9+. So yeah, I would say that’s about as unlucky as you could get.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-03-03 12:05:35  
I once got 2 Mekira bodies from Kaggen before seeing 1 Phasmida belt.

Also farmed 65 Vedrfolnir's wings before seeing a Jugo.

***drops happen.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-03-03 12:43:33  
With the VW campaign happening in a little over a week, reminder that it can be a decent source of pulse weapons while also farming other useful things (Heavy Metal Plates/Pouches, Riftdross/cinder, petrifacts if you need any to unlock 25,000 Potpourri trade-in)/ Obviously random is random, but I've personally had better luck in VW than Escha Zi'tah (I tend to go for the Dross/Cinder NMs like Bismarck and Botulus, but HMP Pouch NMs work too).

Whenever Nyzul Isle Uncharted campaign returns (just ended, so prob not for several months), that's nice too. I've had several pulse weapons from +2 boxes, and you generate a good amount of ZNM pop items too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2022-03-04 02:12:32  
I did the Nyzul campaign for it, got one from the daily goblin and got a few from the void watch event :D