Changing Shield

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Changing Shield
Changing Shield
By caydenkakora 2022-07-17 20:51:50  
Once you've completed a crafting shield, is there any way to start a new one? I've leveled a new craft up, but Mewk won't give me the quest.
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2022-07-17 23:25:00  
Abandoning the Quest
If you started the Escutcheon quest but wish to level a different craft, you must abandon the quest line. This prevents a player from having more than one shield.

Speak with Mewk Chorosap and tell her you wish to give up. She will ask three times if you truly wish to give up. After confirming, she will tell you to throw away your shield.
Until you do these steps, you are not given the option to renounce your Artisan rank at your current craft. Furthermore, you will only be able to level your new craft to level 100 until these steps are taken.

It sounds like you have to toss the finished shield?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-07-17 23:29:31  
Aww man, that's a bummer if you can't get it even if you've completed another already

I was planning on making another for signatures on different gear and the title, but I'd never toss my already completed shield in the damn garbage
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-18 02:35:33  
It would be something amazing if you could use the recycle bin to trick the quest. Seeing as how that came out after.
By caydenkakora 2022-07-18 07:59:49  
Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer said: »
Abandoning the Quest
If you started the Escutcheon quest but wish to level a different craft, you must abandon the quest line. This prevents a player from having more than one shield.

Speak with Mewk Chorosap and tell her you wish to give up. She will ask three times if you truly wish to give up. After confirming, she will tell you to throw away your shield.
Until you do these steps, you are not given the option to renounce your Artisan rank at your current craft. Furthermore, you will only be able to level your new craft to level 100 until these steps are taken.

It sounds like you have to toss the finished shield?

I did see this, but I'm unclear if that's just for those who have "started" the quest but not yet finished it.

Like Avereith, I too am unwilling to toss my shield for a different one.
By Tanag 2022-07-18 09:37:33  
I wonder if you could toss it, change crafts/accept a new shield quest/etc, and then get your old shield back from the recycle bin.

Shame it's very risky to try.
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2022-07-18 12:14:36  
I believe Avereith tossed the shield for science when the Recycle Bin came out, and was able to retrieve it back. I could be wrong, or I could be right!
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2022-07-18 12:15:47  
caydenkakora said: »

I did see this, but I'm unclear if that's just for those who have "started" the quest but not yet finished it.

Did it let you level up past 100 on your new craft?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-07-18 12:19:39  
I believe Avereith tossed the shield for science when the Recycle Bin came out, and was able to retrieve it back. I could be wrong, or I could be right!
Someone else did. I'm not neatly that ballsy
 Bahamut.Dajjal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2022-07-18 13:25:22  
After a particularly terrible crafting run a friend of mine tossed his shield and took it back from recycling. This was so he could send our discord a screenshot of the shield being tossed.
By Aquatiq 2022-07-18 13:28:10  

yall are the ffxi equivalent of billionaires playing around in space just because
[+]
 Bahamut.Dajjal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2022-07-18 13:57:37  
Aquatiq said: »
yall are the ffxi equivalent of billionaires playing around in space just because

[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-18 14:31:21  
Recycle bin isn't 'gone', it's effectively just an additional inventory bag. I'm sure they changed their universal 'does the player have this item' function to include it, it's pretty apparent with the behavior on anything like this. I wouldn't count on being able to do anything funky with it.
By caydenkakora 2022-07-18 16:38:58  
I can confirm two things: the recycle bin allows you to recover your shield; dropping a shield to the bin does not let you start a new one.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-07-18 17:31:20  
bummer. I'll try it someday anyway when I forget you can't do it like that
 Phoenix.Eracle
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Eracle
By Phoenix.Eracle 2022-07-18 17:47:19  
Adoulin rings don't allow you to get another while one sits in recycling. The quest NPC doesn't quite know how to react (cutscene dialogue starts, but the actual cutscene doesn't begin, NPC simply stops talking after a few lines of dialogue preventing quest/replacement progression).

I imagine the shields are the same.
By caydenkakora 2022-07-18 18:25:52  
I'm not convinced you could even start a new shield if you did fully drop your shield
By caydenkakora 2022-07-21 20:49:19  
Can anyone confirm it's possible to make multiple shields on the same character, even if you have to drop the first one (including from trash bin)?