フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 159 160 161 ... 162 163 164
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-07-15 11:42:33  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Occulty? Full of Store TP otherwise? Power Search > select job > description: store tp

ItemSet 353162

Hands and feet can be malignance if you don't want to aug merlinic. The feet are worth wasting some time on because of the FC and conserve MP but it's not a huge difference. Store TP cape.

GEO has an ammo if you want to fuss with it and combatant's torque/crepuscular earring. Otherwise the same.

GEO can add mallquis chapeau +2 Edit: I'm dumb... can't use head.... lol

I also tend to do bathy choker +1 instead of STP just for the subtle blow bump
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-15 12:05:52  
Yeah that head itemization always pissed me off. Can always use it for Thundara III for GEO.

Bathy is definitely the best subtle blow for store tp trade.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
サーバ: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-07-15 16:21:04  
Thundara 3 > impact
Bathy is a must, SB>30+ in every set
Everything else you can easily find with power search
Save a cape and use your TP cape
You should be able to absorb -> thundara-> aspir -> TP, rinse and repeat
 Asura.Dexprozius
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-07-15 20:02:40  
Spells feed exactly 100 TP? so we're talking cutting that down to between 70 and 50 depending how high you get your SB. Is that really that impactful? When fighting Aminon, sure you don't want to feed too much TP so that you're draining over 300/350 and in the 'danger zone' of him using a TP move... but you also want to be feeding him enough tp so that everyone's draining in the 200-280 range. It helps increase WS frequency, which in turn keeps his TP up, and the cycle continues to make the flow of the battle overall faster. It's definitely a fine line to tread, im just wondering how big a deal the BS is for the casters (RDM + GEO).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-15 20:07:03  
Being a thing I actually don't know, IF aminon follows the standard rules for tp use, you should absolutely not wear subtle blow, infact you should be hitting him too. (before a ws, not full time)

More tp to him, means more tp to absorb. Zero reason to worry until under 50%, then you can switch sets.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-07-15 20:09:09  
Bismarck.Drakelth said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Rienne

What tinctures should everyone be using for an aminon run?

Just noticed this wasn't answered. In the event you havn't figured it out from a little digging, you should have everyone (aside from maybe pld?) grab a FrostBloom Tincture. It provides 750 TP similar to icarus wing, and does not give medicated status.

Most DD's should be able to find a window to use Icarus wing, Frostbloom, potentially Volte Harness as well if rolls are bad/slow, as well as keeping Frontier Soda up at all times. They last ~2mins, so typically if you bring 4 or 5 that should cover the entire aminon fight, but its also safe to bring 10 to pop 1 during objectives or each basement boss to help here and there.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-07-15 20:11:29  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Being a thing I actually don't know, IF aminon follows the standard rules for tp use, you should absolutely not wear subtle blow, infact you should be hitting him too. (before a ws, not full time)

More tp to him, means more tp to absorb. Zero reason to worry until under 50%, then you can switch sets.

Aminon seems to be able to TP any time he has over 1000, even above 25%. I've never not seen a 400TP absorb that wasn't immediately followed by a TP move, even at the start of the fight.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-07-15 20:17:07  
We've seen 400's without a WS, but its definitely panic mode. If another action were to go off i'd assume he'd have WS'd, but typically we have another drain off right away. anything over 350 is definitely call to "Stop and let his TP settle"

!00% agree that meleeing Aminon is an extremely reckless venture. We had one instance where the BRD's engage/WS/disengage macro didnt go off right, he triple attacked on aminon before disengaging and aminon instantly used a TP move. Mind you this was in the middle of everyone else doing actions as well, but the point is the tiniest additional TP feed can tip the balance.
By Virlym 2024-07-31 14:59:27  
Was the spawn condition for the basement Aurum coffer ever fully figured out? Couldn't find anything by searching through wikis and this thread. It randomly spawned for us today, so was wondering if it was something we could potentially add to our route.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2024-07-31 15:10:40  
Virlym said: »
Was the spawn condition for the basement Aurum coffer ever fully figured out? Couldn't find anything by searching through wikis and this thread. It randomly spawned for us today, so was wondering if it was something we could potentially add to our route.

Never figured out, no. Can you share a screenshot and the best recollection of your run? Was it worth 3000 gali?
By Virlym 2024-07-31 15:29:25  
Sure thing. Took a quick snapshot of my chat when it dropped just incase.

The chest itself gave 3000 Gallis and 3 items (Starstone, NQ case and an octahedrite). Note that none of us have primes past stage 2:

https://imgur.com/a/xXJIWpC

As for the run itself, we're 5 with a trust (BLU/BLU/PLD/COR/GEO) + Cornelia.

Run went as follow:

Port to A > Spawn chests A2 and A5 > Enter basement E > Pull and kill everything to blitzer > Rematerialize and kill everything in the 4 square hallway + flans 2 times > Exit basement E > Teleport to B > Spawn chest B2 > Enter basement F > Pull everything to the big pixie room > COR spawns chest F1 while we cleave everything down > Exit basement F > Teleport to C > Enter basement G > Pull everything to the big vampyr room > COR spawns chest G1 while we cleave everything down > Rematerialize and kill everything in the 4 square hallway + vampyrs 2 times > Exit basement G > Teleport to D > Enter basement H > Pull everything but boss to the last 4 square hallway while the COR spawns chest H1 > cleave everything down > End

Few things of note:

The chest spawned after killing a BST fomor in basement H.
We accidently pulled a Byrgen in basement F, which we usually avoid given we Entomb everything to death and had the COR kill it while we were cleaving the rest.

Because of that, I highly suspect the condition to spawn the Aurum Coffer might be to kill every type of normal enemies in every basement at least once? Given we usually avoid Byrgens and never had the Aurum Coffer spawn before we did that. Kinda weird if nobody ever tried to do that before, though, so might be something else.

Few other things of note is that 3 1-hour abilities were used prior to killing said BST fomor, the bosses of basement E and G both died multiple times, and not every mobs were killed in every basement, namely few fomors were missed in H.

We completed every blue chest objectives in the basement areas, however chest H2 was spawned AFTER the aurum coffer, so I don't think these relate to it.

We also did not complete any blue chest objective in the ground floor, so could also require to kill every basement enemy type once without completing ground floor objectives beforehand.

We'll try doing things the same way again tomorrow, will update here if it spawns again.

EDIT: Added a few more infos that came back to mind.
[+]
By Taint 2024-07-31 17:25:04  
What kind of galli are you pulling doing a cleave strat?
By Virlym 2024-07-31 17:42:19  
This specific run was just shy of 32k.

Note that we're 3 returning players and 2 completely new players with a lack of gear/flexibility in jobs, forcing us to experiment with different routes to maximize galli/stones output given we still need empyrean upgrades. Cleaving with a "proper" group (iGeo and a 6th member, for one) would easily break past 40-45k using the same strat, I think.

We'll likely pivot to doing bosses when we can afford to do so, altho the insane exemplar yield of doing things this way is also nice for now since we're way behind on ML :P
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-31 17:44:07  
Good for you not being shackled by the meta or the compulsion to be an efficiency nazi.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-07-31 18:47:58  

Note that we're 3 returning players and 2 completely new players with a lack of gear/flexibility in jobs, forcing us to experiment with different routes to maximize galli/stones output given we still need empyrean upgrades. Cleaving with a "proper" group (iGeo and a 6th member, for one) would easily break past 40-45k using the same strat, I think.

We'll likely pivot to doing bosses when we can afford to do so, altho the insane exemplar yield of doing things this way is also nice for now since we're way behind on ML :P

Perfect example of why newer players/groups are not "worthless" despite less segment/gallimaufry/point earned per run. Because they aren't always capable to mimicking proven setups, they're forced to be innovative and do what works for them. Generally this is suboptimal from efficiency standpoint, but occasionally they discover things that most groups skip over because it's deemed "not worth it".

Respect to you and your group for your contribution to the community
[+]
By Taint 2024-07-31 20:50:17  

Thats awesome, we had discussions about trying this in the past but never did it. Nice work!
[+]
By Virlym 2024-08-01 08:51:58  
Well, I'm glad our subparness seemingly solved a mystery 2 years in the making lol.

Few others ideas came to mind in regards to what the exact conditions could be, one of which being a requirement to kill 1 monster from each "room" of the basement areas. The byrgen that was accidently pulled came from the last 4 square hallway past the pixie room which we usually completely ignore, so suppose that's a reasonable suspect.

We'll try out the "every monster type" theory tonight while deliberately ignoring a few rooms to verify this theory. Then if it still spawns, we'll try killing NMs and spawning blue chests on the ground floor before cleaving the basement areas to see if it has anything to do with it tomorrow.

Also had a few peoples ask me ingame what our exemplar yield is so I'll toss that here as well for future reference. This current route yields roughly ~200k exemplars with corsair's roll used at the end of each pulls.
[+]
By Virlym 2024-08-01 12:49:34  
Alright, the results are in. We followed the same route bar the few mentioned changes and.. it spawned again!

Yield this time was 3000 Gallis and an NQ case:

https://imgur.com/a/R70gECV

Things to notes about that run:

As mentioned, we skipped a few basement rooms this time, debunking the "1 mob per room" theory.

We also skipped the Ixion this time.

The chest spawned on a PLD fomor body this time, confirming it's likely not tied to job order shenanigans but rather just plainly whatever normal mob type you killed last.

When going over our route again, I noticed we're using at least 1 1-hour ability per basement area. We'll shuffle some of them around on our next run to avoid using them in at least 1 basement area just incase it has any kind of involvement.

As mentioned previously, we'll try completing ground floor objectives/minibosses before cleaving the basement next time to check if it has anything to do with it, altho so far I'm pretty convinced the objective is just plainly to kill every single normal mob type of every basement areas at least once (which makes it very weird nobody has found that out before tbh).

Edited the bgwiki sortie page to reflect current discoveries and will continue to do so as we find out more.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-01 13:05:23  
I noticed we're using at least 1 1-hour ability per basement area

This honestly sounds exactly like something a current FFXI dev would program as a "hidden objective". They already did the 5/5 empyrean one, /hurray a crystal, and resting nonsense. 1hr abils per basement sounds annoying enough to be the condition. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this was it :D
By Virlym 2024-08-01 13:22:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I noticed we're using at least 1 1-hour ability per basement area

This honestly sounds exactly like something a current FFXI dev would program as a "hidden objective". They already did the 5/5 empyrean one, /hurray a crystal, and resting nonsense. 1hr abils per basement sounds annoying enough to be the condition. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this was it :D

Yeah as I said it'd genuinely be weird if it was just killing one mob of each type, someone would definitely have bumped into it by accident way before given I heavily doubt we're the only *** to have messed around with cleaving in Sortie lol.

It's alot more likely to be a mix of 1h in each basements + killing every normal mob types.
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-08-01 13:38:27  
Couldn't it simply be kill X amount of basement mobs (non NMs?) May be worth counting mobs (Probably worth keeping a separate count of base mobs not including blitzer respawns as well as number of mobs per area)

Most(all) groups weren't cleaving large amounts of basement mobs in every area, most of the testing for basement aurum was based on the belief it was tied to the NM kills and chest objectives similar to first floor. People kind of stopped the whole cleaving galli farm when basement was added, was something you would hear groups do when there was only 1 floor.
By Virlym 2024-08-01 13:55:14  
Asura.Bronzequadav said: »
Couldn't it simply be kill X amount of basement mobs (non NMs?) May be worth counting mobs (Probably worth keeping a separate count of base mobs not including blitzer respawns as well as number of mobs per area)

Most(all) groups weren't cleaving large amounts of basement mobs in every area, most of the testing for basement aurum was based on the belief it was tied to the NM kills and chest objectives similar to first floor. People kind of stopped the whole cleaving galli farm when basement was added, was something you would hear groups do when there was only 1 floor.

I did think about that as well, however we skipped several rooms tonight (roughly 24 mobs skipped, give or take) and still got the chest to spawn pretty much at the exact same point while cleaving down fomors.

Could still be an interesting possibility to explore though just incase we missed something, altho I'm not sure how we could test it out in a way that wouldn't involve respawning and cleaving mobs after their galli reward is floored. I'll try to keep track of EXP chains to see if it lands on a somewhat round number.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-01 17:35:09  
Has any high-level groups attempted cleaving basement monsters for high gallimaufry? I'm curious at what point after dematerializing so many times does it start to really not be worth it. Curious to see how much gallimaufry might be possible at the top end, since it also comes with a huge exemplar point reward. Like is 65k+ possible?
By Virlym 2024-08-01 17:40:58  
Has any high-level groups attempted cleaving basement monsters for high gallimaufry? I'm curious at what point after dematerializing so many times does it start to really not be worth it. Curious to see how much gallimaufry might be possible at the top end, since it also comes with a huge exemplar point reward. Like is 65k+ possible?

Mobs stop giving Gallis on the third respawn.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-01 17:46:44  
So rematerialize twice then move to new basement area
By Virlym 2024-08-01 17:50:32  
So rematerialize twice then move to new basement area

Yeah pretty much. That's what we're doing right now with the exception of B because of Byrgens being a pain to deal with wasting alot of time.

With cleaving exclusively, I think something along the line of ~40k galli is doable. If you're also killing nakuals to reopen the doors to have access to the other half of the mobs before doing respawns, you'd add another ~8k per basement, which would exceed 60k Gallis and ~400k+ exemplars. Don't know how realistic that is to pull off for all basement, though...
[+]
By Kayte 2024-08-01 20:14:04  
Went to test the bare minimum suggested above. Did a run with three characters, three trusts.

Immediately warped to A, went into E, killed two flans, one slug, and one slime in the starting diamond room. Ran to exit and went to B into F. Killed a veela and then one of each elemental in the first diamond room, exited and went to C into G. Killed a hound, vampyr, and dullahan once more in the first room, then again exited and went D to H. Killed the entire diamond room of H which has one of each of the eight fomor jobs in it, no chest pop. Locked myself behind naakuls from the kills and exited after that.

No SPs were used. A couple bitzer chests (F/G) were popped as exiting. No respawns or additional kills, no NM kills.
[+]
By Virlym 2024-08-02 05:53:54  
Kayte said: »
Went to test the bare minimum suggested above. Did a run with three characters, three trusts.

Immediately warped to A, went into E, killed two flans, one slug, and one slime in the starting diamond room. Ran to exit and went to B into F. Killed a veela and then one of each elemental in the first diamond room, exited and went to C into G. Killed a hound, vampyr, and dullahan once more in the first room, then again exited and went D to H. Killed the entire diamond room of H which has one of each of the eight fomor jobs in it, no chest pop. Locked myself behind naakuls from the kills and exited after that.

No SPs were used. A couple bitzer chests (F/G) were popped as exiting. No respawns or additional kills, no NM kills.

Thanks alot for taking the time to test that.

I guess that should confirm there's definitely either quantity or SPs involved, unless we're missing something? Unless it's something silly like 2 mobs of each type and not just 1...
By Virlym 2024-08-02 12:53:12  
Alright folks, time for the daily report:

We attempted to hold off using 1hr in every basement, this time skipping our 1hrs in basement F. Rest of the run was the same.

The coffer still spawned on a PLD fomor's body, gave 3k galli and an old case, probably neutering the relation to 1hrs unless it's only related to basement F.

I kept track of the amount of monsters killed in every basement, here's the breakdown:

Basement E
pull 1: Chain#49 (Botulus)
pull 2: Chain#73 (no chain reset, so +24)
pull 3: Chain#23 (chain reset)
Basement F
pull 1: Chain#38 (Ixion)
Basement G
pull 1: Chain#52 (Naraka)
pull 2: Chain#27 (chain reset) (Naraka)
pull 3: Chain#26 (chain reset)
Basement H
pull 1: Chain#68 (Chest spawned on #55)

Aurum Coffer spawned on kill #300 (296 if you don't count NMs, 210 if you don't count respawns, 207 if you count neither)

Obviously something could've been missed to lag, but with these numbers at the very least, things don't really land on a number that makes sense for it to relate to quantity. We'll do more testing on this, though, given there's definitely margin for error (It's very close to #300... could be a requirement to kill *more* than 300, but wouldn't align well with the run we did where we skipped rooms).

I initially added 1 extra kill from the non-reset chain by accident which made the count land on 301. Corrected that which makes it land on 300 instead.. an oddly flat number.

That said, it still conflicts with the run where we ignored ~24mobs. I'll still keep tracking this and if it keep landing on 300 then... yeah.

That being said, I have a new theory. Given the fact the coffer only started spawning when we started killing 2 Byrgens in our run, I started looking for something that could relate to that specifically.

One thing that would make sense is if the ojective requires you to kill the right amount of each monster type present in each basement's diamond starting room, aka:

E: 3 flans, 3 jellies, 3 slugs
F: 2 of each elemental and 2 pixies (the wiki's map somehow says there's 3 byrgens in the starting diamond, but we've started pulling ours from this room and there's only 2)
G: 3 vampyrs, 3 hounds, 3 dullahans
F: 1 of each fomor type

I feel like that could be more likely than pure amount because of the fact the chest seems to spawn on the last fomor job we kill everytime. It spawned on a BST that died late due to standing out of the luopan the first time, and on a PLD the following runs because PLDs consistently die last.

Not sure what else to try though, at this point. Suggestions for us to try on our next runs are more than welcomed!

Also if anybody wants to try out the diamond room theory, that'd be a great help.
[+]
By Kayte 2024-08-02 16:49:00  
I actually had a similar thought where it might be related to the mobs in the first room when I was doing it. I would say that I'd be willing to test it myself, but I don't think I have the capability to solo. It would take me more than 5 minutes to clear out E's first room, so I'd get locked behind naakuls. If I did E last, I'd get locked behind H naakuls instead.

Also, I'm not sure that I could solo 16ish more mobs in time anyways. E and G would probably be fine apart from being careful of dread spikes, but F was by far my slowest kills on elementals so I'm not even confident I'd be able to finish them all in the time I had left.

That all being said, I also have a bit less motivation to confirm haha. I was intrigued by the possibility of maybe adding a dozen mob kills to our 8/8 boss runs for the extra galli if it were that simple, but if it turns out to be needing 36+ of them killed there's no way we'd be adding that in sadly so in the end it won't matter for us.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 159 160 161 ... 162 163 164