users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 162 163 164
 Asura.Cthaeh
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Cthaeh 2022-09-04 18:45:46  
Pretty sure I solved A Shard/Metal so hopefully we can put this to rest. First hit physical, last hit magical. Could not get it when I pulled with a spell, got it from auto-attacking on rdm and then killing with a spell. Got final chest with nothing but melee swings and an enspell proc. 3 Acuexes done like this, got chest on 3 kills. Pulled 3 with spells, no dice. Went back to melee hit for first hit, got it in 3. Kill # 5 done this way I even threw in a Skillchain and an MB and it still counted.

Enfeeble pulls may also work. I just think they have to go from 100-99 with physical damage, and 1-0 with magical

Also of note, never used any magic other than Fire V, and enfire on sword. No other damage dealt.
By Torzak 2022-09-04 19:02:54  
I don't think "first hit physical" is it.

Every time I was doing it, I would Dia III pull, Knights -> Savage to chew through a bunch of HP with a skill chain that was consistent in terms of dmg output as compared to the more random nature of CDC to CDC. Then I'd wait for mob HP to be 8 or 9% and nuke to kill. Usually get it in a few kills, sometimes needing a couple more kills than the 5 kill chest, just depending on Stats Down and nuke dmg or some variable, I'm not sure. So I don't think there was a single time I got the chest where I didn't open with Dia.

Edit: I mean, unless there are multiple paths with each path needing its own execution, anyway.
By Seraphpdh 2022-09-04 19:16:20  
Torzak said: »
It isn't. I have gotten both temp items in 6 kills doing nothing but casting Frazzle to pull, and nuking them down with fire spells while not engaged. Literally nothing except magic damage the entire time.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2022-09-04 19:35:30  
I 100% got Metal A from meleeing it from 100-0 with enfire on RDM about an hour ago.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2022-09-04 19:37:38  
Seraphpdh said: »
Torzak said: »
It isn't. I have gotten both temp items in 6 kills doing nothing but casting Frazzle to pull, and nuking them down with fire spells while not engaged. Literally nothing except magic damage the entire time.

Tried this very thing on 3 in a row with no luck before returning to do 3 the other way and got it then.

edit: actually I didn't use Frazzle to pull though. I just pulled them with Fire V, and those were the 3 that did not count. Maybe first hit doesn't have to be physical, but has to be a different element. That would explain why some are getting it and others aren't. Some are pulling with Dia or the like then nuking, others are pulling with the same element they are killing with maybe?

My exact process was this, absolutely nothing else was done:
3 Acuexes. Melee with enfire from 100% to 8% and kill with Fire V. Got plate on 3rd kill. Next 3 were together so I pulled with Fire V and did same process. Nothing happened (Except for blue chest from 5x kill). Pulled 1 with melee hit, repeated initial method that worked. Pulled another with melee. CDC > CDC > Fire V, took it to 1% and killed with a enspell melee hit. Pulled last, melee enspell from 100>0%, got Metal.
By Tarage 2022-09-04 19:47:14  
I don't know what to tell you. A3 and A4 are solved. Whatever caveats you are dreaming up are incorrect. It's literally "don't ws on it and use at least one magic spell". Stop making it more complicated than it needs to be.
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2022-09-04 19:49:13  
Tarage said: »
I don't know what to tell you. A3 and A4 are solved. Whatever caveats you are dreaming up are incorrect. It's literally "don't ws on it and use qt least one magic spell". Stop making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Several of us have gotten the chest off of a Magic burst, so it most certainly is not solved. And almost nobody is getting it in less than 8-9 kills in most groups trying the methods mentioned.

And while that may not be important to everyone, some people want to maximize efficiency and would like to know exactly what we are doing instead of saying "oh this will work eventually"
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2022-09-04 20:00:13  
Asura.Cthaeh said: »
I don't know what to tell you. A3 and A4 are solved. Whatever caveats you are dreaming up are incorrect. It's literally "don't ws on it and use qt least one magic spell". Stop making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Several of us have gotten the chest off of a Magic burst, so it most certainly is not solved. And almost nobody is getting it in less than 8-9 kills in most groups trying the methods mentioned.

And while that may not be important to everyone, some people want to maximize efficiency and would like to know exactly what we are doing instead of saying "oh this will work eventually"

What? I solo A on BLU regularly and like clockwork, kills 3, 5, and 6 yield chests. No WSes, auto-attack rotating Tenebral, Spectral, and Fire II.
[+]
By Koliz 2022-09-04 21:01:00  
It took me 5 kills instead of 3 for a3 today. Used Vsmite on first for AM and didn't wait for Shantotto to nuke down the next 3 and no chest; let her get nuke kill shot on the next one and chest popped. So either me WSing the first one added another needed kill to the list, which I doubt, or maybe one nuke kill shot is required? Or required on the third kill? I think that's contradicted somewhat above, though. Idk. Will try one more combo tomorrow and let it be for Godofwars' sake. Idk if he can take much more.

Also I can't tell a difference on A boss with/without metal so haven't bothered to get a4
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-09-04 21:07:34  
I don't know what to tell you. A3 and A4 are solved. Whatever caveats you are dreaming up are incorrect. It's literally "don't ws on it and use at least one magic spell". Stop making it more complicated than it needs to be.

For us that solo its not this simple. I havent had issues until today, and my white damage hits I could not get it to pop chest after like 25 mins of kills. I have to assume wyvern hits are the culprite but this would need to be tested more.
 Asura.Shupyrg
user: Shupyrg
By Asura.Shupyrg 2022-09-04 21:35:03  
Koliz said: »
Also I can't tell a difference on A boss with/without metal so haven't bothered to get a4
The only difference that I found is that with Metal I have never received the Taint effect, just normal Poison. Also, I have noticed that without Metal sometimes Clobbering Wave can hit up to 3-5K (no water dmg/skillchain) and with Metal it always hit me for 0 dmg.
By Tarage 2022-09-04 21:39:46  

It literally works every single time I do it, without fail.
By AegParm 2022-09-04 21:51:25  

Youre missing the point. The how has been solved, the why hasn't. Why is this so hard for some people

EDIT: will admit though, the repeated already debunked info over and over does get old lol
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-09-04 21:52:39  

cool for you, apparently you will never go solo on any job that doesnt do exactly waht you are outlining. That is not my case or many of ours.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-04 22:26:26  
On the topic of soloing, anyone has found a tank who can tank Demisang Deleterious and the other fomors?

AAEV keeps getting killed especially after eating Aegis Schism and I had to tank the mob. Kind of mess up my runs when I bring other jobs to unlock them for upgrade. On Dark day, I am struggling to kill it, 3 failed attempts including once with 2 trust tanks (AAEV and Amchuchu).

On BLU, I found an easy way to do N-steps skillchains by alternating Expiacion with Red Lotus Blade (Liquefaction -> Scission -> Liquefaction) endless chain as long as the TP gain is fast enough. Is useful for Shard/Metal objective in Area D.

My current BLU solo farming strategy is to kill the 4 minor NMs, about 4K+ Gallimaufry from that. Usually 1-2 sapphire from the runs
* Clear 7/7 on A,
* Hop on to D, drop wing and see if the NM is clear for pulls. If the D NM is killed, pull another 3 Demisang for the NM coffer.
* Hop on to B, /hurray and hunt Porxie (am struggling to get Casket #B1 for NM coffer)
* Finally try C for Bhoot (never managed to get the NM coffer) while running from B to C1 for the Chest #C1. I did kill the Bhoot once in area B but no coffer from the kill as well (Might have teleported into Area C before that)
* Spend the remaining time clearing C area objectives.

Am trying to see if there is a consistent way to get Casket #B1 so that I can get the Porxie coffer for the 500 Gallimaufry.
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-09-05 00:00:29  
Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
On the topic of soloing, anyone has found a tank who can tank Demisang Deleterious and the other fomors?

If you solo with BLU, you are probably forgetting about your most important tool, Sudden Lunge - you can keep this mini-nm (actually all of them) stunlocked 100% of the time while you kill him.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-09-05 00:02:17  
I've just been made aware that calling a trust by device A counts as the self-cast magic.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-09-05 02:07:10  

AAEV keeps getting killed especially after eating Aegis Schism and I had to tank the mob. Kind of mess up my runs when I bring other jobs to unlock them for upgrade. On Dark day, I am struggling to kill it, 3 failed attempts including once with 2 trust tanks (AAEV and Amchuchu).

On BLU, I found an easy way to do N-steps skillchains by alternating Expiacion with Red Lotus Blade (Liquefaction -> Scission -> Liquefaction) endless chain as long as the TP gain is fast enough. Is useful for Shard/Metal objective in Area D.

My current BLU solo farming strategy is to kill the 4 minor NMs, about 4K+ Gallimaufry from that. Usually 1-2 sapphire from the runs
* Clear 7/7 on A,
* Hop on to D, drop wing and see if the NM is clear for pulls. If the D NM is killed, pull another 3 Demisang for the NM coffer.
* Hop on to B, /hurray and hunt Porxie (am struggling to get Casket #B1 for NM coffer)
* Finally try C for Bhoot (never managed to get the NM coffer) while running from B to C1 for the Chest #C1. I did kill the Bhoot once in area B but no coffer from the kill as well (Might have teleported into Area C before that)
* Spend the remaining time clearing C area objectives.

Am trying to see if there is a consistent way to get Casket #B1 so that I can get the Porxie coffer for the 500 Gallimaufry.

I'm sorta doubting that the Red Coffer from the ghost will be possible solo without some really strong luck. 2m30s (or possibly 2m24s) is a really tight window for a fully buffed group of 6 if it spawns somewhere inconvenient.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-05 02:17:40  
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
If you solo with BLU, you are probably forgetting about your most important tool, Sudden Lunge - you can keep this mini-nm (actually all of them) stunlocked 100% of the time while you kill him.

The fail attempt was when I was bringing THF job for unlocking upgrades. I was planning to rotate the jobs to unlock the upgrade so wanted to find a more reliable trust tank for those runs. Otherwise there will be 15+ runs where I am gonna just enter and exit with minimal returns.

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »

I'm sorta doubting that the Red Coffer from the ghost will be possible solo without some really strong luck. 2m30s (or possibly 2m24s) is a really tight window for a fully buffed group of 6 if it spawns somewhere inconvenient.

It occasionally wanders through area B so I am planning to test whether killing it in Area B before zoning into Area C will pop the coffer.
By Afania 2022-09-05 02:52:32  

I killed it a few times solo easily with trust alive all the time. So I'm not sure why your trust dies ^^;

That being said, I solo on cor and generally use Sam + gallants roll in section D, because formors link and sometimes one bad pull can kill me even in DT set if 5 mobs are hitting me at once. Light shot can't sleep them so it's dangerous. With gallant's roll on I can live.

In every other section I use Sam + bolter's instead, since I don't need 2 DD rolls for magical ws, it's better to keep 1 roll as bolter's roll so I can find NM faster.

Cor is really good for sortie solo tbh, because bolter's roll is god tier finding minor NMs and leaden 4 steps murders most things without attack buff, including elementals. Can get 8-11 chance for a sapphire per run if I'm lucky.

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »

I've done it once solo when it spawns in the first area after gate opened.
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-09-05 03:30:26  
When I solo on BLU, I don't use tank trusts. I use 2 WHM trusts for the near instant erase spam. Have only died to a Deleterious once, and that was a CDC trucking me for almost 2500. Other than that, have had no issues killing them or other fomors. Pulling fomors is more annoying than fighting them imo.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-05 03:32:38  
Are the fomors immune to sleep? Even light based sleep?
Which monsters are actually immune to sleep in Sortie?
By Seun 2022-09-05 03:51:16  

The difficulty of the fomor varies widely depending on it's job. Sometimes your trusts can tank the NM and a few adds with little danger, but other times the NM claps you even when you pull it solo. Whenever possible, try and call trusts that support your tank based on the NM's job.
[+]
By Afania 2022-09-05 03:56:49  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Are the fomors immune to sleep? Even light based sleep?
Which monsters are actually immune to sleep in Sortie?

Old wiki says "generally formors are susceptible to sleep but resistant to Lullaby" /shrug.

I can try a few more time next run. I can land light shot sleep on elementals easily, so I think it's just formor being formor resisting light based sleeps?
 Shiva.Trumpy
user: Trumpy3k
By Shiva.Trumpy 2022-09-05 05:07:18  
Quote:
3/7 - Shard #B - Magic WS x5. Easily completed Ground Strike > Leaden on Fire/Light elementals
4/7 - Metal #B - Do the above again.
5/7 - Blue Casket #B1 - Skillchains then kill. Has to be done before Porxie kill. Might have a time requirement? Easily completed Ground Strike > Leaden.

Assuming one can't ground strike or leaden...

So 3/7 Shard B is just Magic WS five times on one mob? Once on five mobs? Magic WS kills five times? Just want to be clear.

5/7 Casket B1, Do multiple Skillchains and then kill? How many? Kill with Skillchain? Kill with Magic WS closing the skillchain?

I've been using Blu/War + Rdm/Dnc so I have options of swords/clubs + swords/daggers. Lot of my gear is trapped in wardrobe so my Magic WS suffers. If I ever get access to my wardrobe stuff I can try Cor possibly on the Rdm, but that's future stuff.

Sometimes throughout the thread and BGWiki post objectives have been phrased weird like "3 Skillchains on 3 mobs" when it really means "One Skillchain on 3 different mobs" for example so I just want to be clear.
 Shiva.Trumpy
user: Trumpy3k
By Shiva.Trumpy 2022-09-05 05:11:02  
I feel like I did manage to sleep something in C with Dreamflower that I didn't think would work, I just can't remember what. Most likely Corses as I've fought them the most. Entomb definitely did work. If any Blu could try dreamflower on a couple C/D area things to test as I can't test for a while.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-05 05:47:06  
Afania said: »

I killed it a few times solo easily with trust alive all the time. So I'm not sure why your trust dies ^^;

That being said, I solo on cor and generally use Sam + gallants roll in section D, because formors link and sometimes one bad pull can kill me even in DT set if 5 mobs are hitting me at once. Light shot can't sleep them so it's dangerous. With gallant's roll on I can live.

Most of the time, it was due to Aegis Schism and tank dying to next WS before erase happens. On BLU, I can Sudden Lunge to stun and Winds of Promy to erase it. On other jobs, not much I can do. So was looking for alternate strategy with another tank.

Edit: Just to add, trust tank dying only happened after the August campaign was over, so I guess the reduced buffs on trusts weaken the tanking significantly.

It's pretty easy to out run the links and teleport using the Device D. Usually I will teleport to the starting device then return to pick off them as they walk back to their original spot.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-05 06:08:19  
Shiva.Trumpy said: »
If any Blu could try dreamflower on a couple C/D area things to test as I can't test for a while.

Dream Flower doesn't work against fomors, but Entomb lands.
[+]
By Tarage 2022-09-05 06:42:14  
AAEV and Amchuchu are my go-to. If one dies, the other usually lives. Add Ygnas and Monberaux and rarely do they die but even if they do the thing is nearly dead by that point.

I average around 6500-7000 per run solo on my SMN, which seems to be nice of SE to make this so solo SMN friendly. Still working on earrings but I already have a capped NQ and several +1s on other jobs so I expect I will have a +1 shortly. Not expecting to get a +2 solo though, that seems out of reach for solo SMN...

I am keeping all my dud earrings though on the off chance SE runs some sort of "trade 3 for a random 1 of the same quality" thing.
By SimonSes 2022-09-05 09:41:32  
Not expecting to get a +2 solo though, that seems out of reach for solo SMN...

I don't understand how you got that idea?
Old case+1 is completely random and you can get it from even blue casket, so how is +2 not possible for solo?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 162 163 164