Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 162 163 164

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Aurone 2022-10-19 15:55:00  
KujahFoxfire said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
Went in tonight, RUN RDM BRD COR GEO RNG.

Killed Botulus, RUN in front, rest on rear, everyone tagged spamming TF, SB and got Metal.

Killed E boss with Metal, tank survived every Clobber, just had to move around the poisons, was pretty trivial. Also have a log of a TF and Dimidation going off approx same time on E boss and both doing full damage.

Code
19:12:30[Kujahfoxfire] Dimidiation → Dhartok
19:12:30[Kujahfoxfire] 32494 Dimidiation → Dhartok
19:12:30[Palmroth] Trueflight → Dhartok
19:12:30[Palmroth] 86123 Trueflight → Dhartok

19:15:09[Kujahfoxfire] Dimidiation → Dhartok
19:15:09[Kujahfoxfire] 20924 Dimidiation → Dhartok
19:15:09[Palmroth] 2452 RA hit squarely → Dhartok
19:15:10[Clyrofoxfire] Erase → Palmroth
19:15:10Clyrofoxfire Erase → Palmroth (No effect)
19:15:11The Dhartok is no longer afflicted with Flash.
19:15:12[Palmroth] Trueflight → Dhartok
19:15:12[Palmroth] 77829 Trueflight → Dhartok
Were Rayke/Gambit up for this window? That might explain the high Trueflight damage. Was it consistent throughout the fight?

Rayke/Gambit were not used for the entire fight and these ws were accidental so didnt test more.

I'm fairly sure, but haven't testet it, that you can get multiple WS to land for full damage in the small window in which skillchains don't connect.

I'm absolutly sure about the window time until you can WS for full damage again, is when the skillchain window is over.

This might open new approaches to deal with E and G bosses if proven true.
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-19 15:59:51  
Aurone said: »

Killed Botulus, RUN in front, rest on rear, everyone tagged spamming TF, SB and got Metal.

Killed E boss with Metal, tank survived every Clobber, just had to move around the poisons, was pretty trivial. Also have a log of a TF and Dimidation going off approx same time on E boss and both doing full damage.

Code

Were Rayke/Gambit up for this window? That might explain the high Trueflight damage. Was it consistent throughout the fight?

Rayke/Gambit were not used for the entire fight and these ws were accidental so didnt test more.

I'm fairly sure, but haven't testet it, that you can get multiple WS to land for full damage in the small window in which skillchains don't connect.

I'm absolutly sure about the window time until you can WS for full damage again, is when the skillchain window is over.

So basically, what you're saying is the NM takes reduced damage while it has a skillchain property applied to it. Potential strategy for non-chainable weaponskills?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-19 16:41:28  
Fenrir.Zenion said: »

Code

So basically, what you're saying is the NM takes reduced damage while it has a skillchain property applied to it. Potential strategy for non-chainable weaponskills?

Not sure on this, we tried Upheaval/Black Halo on one of our first attempts to no success. Do wonder if its different resistance windows for Phys/Magic ws?

Even if the weaponskills can't chain with each other, they're applying the properties though: Fusion, Compression, maybe Light from Upheaval, Fragmentation and Compression from Black Halo. Unless my understanding of how skillchains works is horribly wrong, those kind of linger on the mob as an invisible debuff for a few seconds, and are what normally allow skillchains to happen (by using the right properties while there are already some in place.)

I'm thinking maybe the weaponskill wall is also hijacking that system, making it take less damage while a skillchain property is applied.

If that's really the case, something like Sanguine Blade which has no skillchain properties at all might not trigger the damage wall.
By Aurone 2022-10-19 16:45:07  

Code

I mean after someone opens with a weapon skill theres a small window where a following weaponskill, that would skillchain, doesn't connect. During that time I assume multiple weaponskills would do full damage.
That could be tested by 3-4 people using a weaponskill at the same time on a lower level sortie boss.

Once that small window is over any weaponskill will get resisted until the skillchain window is over.

That would explain why some people have 2 weaponskill close to each other do full damage.
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-19 17:34:36  

Not the person you were asking, but my group saw no benefit from Rayke at all. 3k Trueflights far enough apart to not trigger the WS penalty were consistently doing around 71k damage both with and without Rayke up. Can't comment on Gambit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-10-19 20:21:31  
Botulus NM

RUN up front, war mnk brd rdm rng on the butt.

Chest (first time).

Same ws's as always, only added thing (besides dd on the butt) was I(RUN)did use 2h just to grab hate out of the gates cause he likes to spin.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-10-19 21:47:51  
How does one enter the Sortie E boss?
 Bismarck.Radec
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-10-19 21:52:02  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
How does one enter the Sortie E boss?

Shard E from killing Boss A
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-20 00:33:08  
That's really useful information.

Inundation would build the skillchain damage while Aurorastorm II would be a major buff to Trueflight damage.

That setup also allows for x4 DPS on fodder, all of which can AoE.

Post deleted by User.
By klayy 2022-10-20 00:59:10  
My thought on E boss -- havent done it yet cuz well someone didn't come SCH today >.> --

Light (Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light) - Level 3

Trueflight (M) > Fire Magic > [Liquefaction] > Lightning Magic > [Fusion] > Trueflight (M)

Im thinking open with tf, let the SCH do his two steps, if you aren't immediately firing off too fast, that's gotta be 10 seconds and you can get a pair of full strength tfs out of it plus all the bursts.
By klayy 2022-10-20 01:00:52  
Re: botulus.. we accomplished this from behind. Had a SAM do like a 3 or 4 step SC to lock down some hate, then turn and let the RNG and COR go to work. idk if only magic kills work but almost every successful testimony I ever saw even before from behind became the meta has magic WS all over it. So we only did tf and leaden. Has anyone reported a phys WS kill shot being successful?
By Mrxi 2022-10-20 01:16:30  
Immanence skillchain doesn't count as weapon type so Inundation does nothing in that skillchain, already doing 99k anyways but doubt need Allies roll.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-20 04:34:05  
Did botulus, sam stood in front, four-stepped. Everyone else stood behind. Cor killed from behind with leaden salute. No chest. Bard might, might, have failed to act against it.

Killed naraka with physical weaponskills, one party member was a little more than 45 degrees off from front facing, we got the chest there.

Hall G naakuals in order, we accidentally pulled one out of order but held so we could still kill in bee > trex > shark > bird > tree > cat. No chest. Tried again after they repopped, still no chest. Didn't wait for bodies to despawn after kills, maybe that was it?

Ixion, we fought from the hunt, trying to break the horn. 11 rogue's roll, sam using impulse drive, didn't do it, maybe it's not crit weaponskills. Either way though, no chest.

And of course, didn't get the Just Do It chest from hall F.

Getting so, so tired of Sortie and its shenanigans.
By uktobal 2022-10-20 04:40:25  
PLD,RNG,COR, mules GEO,COR, trust whm

Botulus, PLD in front no ws, cor and rng magic ws behind all the way to kill, chest dropped.

Naraka, all ws from the front mix of magic and physical ws, chest dropped.

Ixion, PLD in front no ws's, RNG and COR on its right, mix of magic and physical ws, no chest.
By SimonSes 2022-10-20 04:41:08  
bee > trex > shark > bird > tree > cat

We did Bee > Shark > Dino > Bird > Tree > Cat and got it.

It's the order confirmed by Rua. He wrote

Quote:
(These 3 might be interchangable)
Bztavian > Rockfin > Gabbrath

but that was a maybe. You just did it in wrong order killing Dino before Shark.
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-20 06:29:33  
klayy said: »
Has anyone reported a phys WS kill shot being successful?

Me, yesterday, Tachi Fudo killed.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Helmaru
サーバ: Asura
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-20 06:48:42  
Any idea on why this appears on the basement bosses with metals in inventory? We killed it with no issues and the bar never really changed.

Did people loose the medal after killing the boss?
There might be some usage for it, emote at the boss or something, to activate SuperSaja mode XD

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Alvinho
user: Alvinho
By Asura.Alvinho 2022-10-20 06:52:55  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
E boss melted tonight
run rng cor brd rdm sch

gravity 2, agi etudes, allies (probably unneeded) sam rolls

run kites sch makes fusion rng closes trueflight for 99999, 99999sc and 15-30k mb from sch and rdm. died in under 3min and never used a tp move. rng never got walled by sch

Can double down on this. Went with a group from my LS the other day and for Darthok, we just did SCH Fusion to Trueflight. No resists, TF capped damage pretty much every time, followed by capped dmg light sc. Died in about 4 minutes without metal.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-10-20 08:38:34  
Any idea on why this appears on the basement bosses with metals in inventory? We killed it with no issues and the bar never really changed.

Only effect of the metal we've observed is that it makes the undispellable debuffs dispellable.

Last night, my group noticed that E boss's Clobbering Wave stopped doing much damage with the metal, but we've observed it to do crazy damage still with the metal on previous runs. So we think it's related to keeping the poison off, which would make sense given the metal's effect.

IIRC people were saying that the metal's health bar went down each time a party member died, and slowly regened (out of combat?). So I'd guess the health bar is there to prevent... IDK, weird reraise strats?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-10-20 09:33:36  
Last night our group attempted to kill Gartell with a nukung strategy. We had our ranger making darkness for us and things went pretty well up to about 50-60%, but then things got complicated. Gartell started spawning fetters, and he kept doing so until there were about eight to a dozen or so of them out. The fetter mechanic is integral to killing him and since I haven't seen anything about it mentioned yet I want to put this here

-- Gartell can spawn two different types of fetters. There is a thunder fetter and a wind fetter. I don't know what the implications are between these distinctions. There could be mechanics tied to each specifically, or he may just spawn whichever type his active hand is. He had both hands active when he started spamming them, and we ended up with a spread that looked roughly even between the two.

-- Fighting Gartell near the fetters gives him a massive -dt bonus. Our ranger's trueflights dropped by 90-95% damage. I was nuking on geomancer, and with the fetters up my magic burst damage went from five digit numbers to triple digits. We didn't realize until several minutes afterward that dragging him away from the fetters removes the -dt penalty. When our tank pulled Gartell to a corner of the room damage went up dramatically.

So the idea seems to be that you have to plan for the fetters and see to it that he drops them all in roughly the same location, then when the fetters are all down drag him as far away from them as possible. We saw this same -dt mechanic in the lillith fight so I guess I shouldn't be surprised they reimplemented it here.
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 162 163 164