Are These People Serious?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are these people serious?
Are these people serious?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-04 21:04:16  
Bismarck.Saleam said:

again could of been another powerful weed smoking idiot back in the day. Even if this stuff was true, which I doubt, it's still nothing special. Egyptians built pyramids. Now that's special lol. ;) Now find my evidence of the flood and the animals >.>

At the end of the last ice age the northern and souther poles melted...lots of water...floods everywhere <.>
also every civilization has stories about massive flooding way back when.

but doesnt matter even if jesus came out of the sky and said God is real, it wouldnt be enough evidence for everyone.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-04 21:04:55  
If you breed a bull dog and a shitzu, you make ***.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 21:05:34  
You are very strong in your belief, that can't be denied.

Alright, fine: don't you think that if a flood did in fact wipe out all of society at one point where we were modern enough to build a huge freaking boat, we'd have very limited genetic variations? Races didn't come out over night. Not only that, but our population would be radically less if it happened anytime within the homo sapiens sapiens' lifetime.

The very fact that there's a story on Noah's Ark means that it was developed less than 100,000years ago. Realistically, our ancestors didn't even have the throat's made to talk 40,000 years ago. That means that we had to have had this flood within 40,000 years of our current time period. We'd have a ton of proof if that was so. We'd be able to tell.
 Shiva.Drteeth
サーバ: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 21:06:02  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

Ftw. :o
 Shiva.Enjoylife
user: Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 21:06:03  
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Stuff

And I'm still supposed to believe two of every animal fit onto that thing? >.>

back then there wasnt the same variety of species that there are today,

and no its not evolution,

for examble, a lab and husky have a baby (im talking about dogs) and it creates a new breed

That doesn't work across the entire animal kingdom. Go.

there was a few basic species. like canines, felines etc, id have to look it up tho to give u an accurate answer
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 21:07:41  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Bismarck.Saleam said:

again could of been another powerful weed smoking idiot back in the day. Even if this stuff was true, which I doubt, it's still nothing special. Egyptians built pyramids. Now that's special lol. ;) Now find my evidence of the flood and the animals >.>

At the end of the last ice age the northern and souther poles melted...lots of water...floods everywhere <.>
also every civilization has stories about massive flooding way back when.

but doesnt matter even if jesus came out of the sky and said God is real, it wouldnt be enough evidence for everyone.

Fun fact: we are literally currently in an ice age. An ice age just means we have any ice on the planet. Most people think Glacier Ages are Ice Ages. At least, if I recall from my Romance Philology, that's the case. When I return to school I'll ask my magister again.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 21:08:23  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Stuff

And I'm still supposed to believe two of every animal fit onto that thing? >.>

back then there wasnt the same variety of species that there are today,

and no its not evolution,

for examble, a lab and husky have a baby (im talking about dogs) and it creates a new breed

That doesn't work across the entire animal kingdom. Go.

there was a few basic species. like canines, felines etc, id have to look it up tho to give u an accurate answer

So from a few basic species of animals, we got this HUGE diversity in the animal kingdom, within a few thousand years. Makes sense to me.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 21:08:52  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:

It took 7 Million Years for humans to enter our current state. If Noah's Ark happened within the last 40,000~ years or so, we'd have very few animals and would have died out due to food problems.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-11-04 21:08:53  
Asura.Eeek said:
I grew up in the Bible Belt, so I got notes just like that at Halloween every year. It didn't stop at Halloween either. I waited tables in high school and college, and nearly every Sunday lunch, at least one minister would leave me their business card in place of an actual tip. Thanks for helping me put food on my table and gas in my car, ***.

Some protestant ministers also liked to ask if I had attended service that morning or if I had plans to attend services in the evening. As I was still religious at the time, I'd tell them that, yes, I attended Mass before going to work. Protestant ministers who knew of my Catholicism never left me a tip (aside from the business card).

Talk to anyone who waited tables and pulled their share of Sunday lunch shifts and ask them about the Christian crowd. You'll hear stories. Lots and lots of unflattering stories.

Exactly, stiffing people on their tip is a sure way to get to heaven. I too know this tune and it's such ***, they probably do know that you only work for an hourly of about 2.13$ per hour yet they insult you in place of the tip.

I never understood the thought process they have just prior to completely ruining your income for the day but it must be a good one because god knows they can't be sinners!
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-04 21:09:07  
wait, what did I miss?

Why am I being bashed?
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-04 21:09:32  
Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:

Fun fact: we are literally currently in an ice age. An ice age just means we have any ice on the planet. Most people think Glacier Ages are Ice Ages. At least, if I recall from my Romance Philology, that's the case. When I return to school I'll ask my magister again.

and pluto isnt a planet -.-
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 21:09:34  
Asura.Korpg said:
wait, what did I miss?

Why am I being bashed?

Because God is real and totally hates you? D:
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 21:10:39  
Asura.Ludoggy said:

and pluto isnt a planet -.-

You're going to make me cry ; ;
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 21:11:08  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

i cant help but feel your only saying that because i insulted korpg

@sectumsemp i saw a video lecture on it, id have to look it up to reply

im 19 years old, im no expert in any of this, and for a time i was confused on what i believed.

you guys are asking me all the questions like if i dont know the answer then god has been disproven, if you want some real answers talk to a local priest or something
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-04 21:11:50  
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Asura.Korpg said:
wait, what did I miss? Why am I being bashed?

Seriously, what did I do supposedly to deserve this bashing?

And on that other thread?
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 21:12:43  
Asura.Korpg said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Asura.Korpg said:

I honestly don't know. I joined this thread late. =/
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 21:13:51  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

im 19 years old, im no expert in any of this, and for a time i was confused on what i believed.

you guys are asking me all the questions like if i dont know the answer then god has been disproven, if you want some real answers talk to a local priest or something

I did talk to a local priest once. When a boy a bit older than me at the time, a Jewish boy, passed away of some undiagnosed diabetes. He had no signs of it. What did the local priests say to me?

"Only those who believe in our Lord Jesus Christ shall find heaven."

I'm 17 years old and no expert on any of this lol
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-04 21:14:39  
I hope I'm not off-base here but aren't viruses specifically kind of a strong example of evolution?

I'm not sure if the "God is hella smart and he made them that way, it's called intelligent design for a reason" thing stands up against everything you throw at it, but I'm just spit-balling.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 21:15:39  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:

We're not saying that, we're just challenging what you believe to be true. If you feel that strongly about a subject, we expect you to have answers to back up your beliefs. I just find it funny that so many religious people who are asked these questions (and have no real answers) use the "I'm not an expert" cop-out. I've been told this many times by many people (including many pastors/ministers/etc. who are supposed to know their ***.)
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 21:16:59  
Asura.Korpg said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Asura.Korpg said:

People just don't seem to like big guys, particular those that aren't afraid to say what they know and argue points. Though rather than try and discuss it out, they'd rather just point at us and say we're fat.

Meh.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-04 21:17:21  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

No, she says random stuff like that all the time....

But seriously, is it because you think I attacked your religion?

Because if it is, then why? Why are you so protective about 1 person's opinion of what you should believe? All I did was bring up somethings to think about. You don't even have to take it for heart, because if you are a true "believer" then you should chalk this one up as a test of "faith." Or rethink about your religion (because like it or not, its not all sunshine and lollypops).
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 21:22:10  
korpg, thats not why, i wouldnt single you out personally when ive been getting it from every direction. im not going to get into it.

oh and "big guys" probably get burned the worst cuz there easy targets :/ just being honest

give me a minute to see if i can find this video lecture on noahs ark.

and i started posting in here, because everyone was insulting christians like it was the cool thing to do, and posting blasphemis pictures, thats just not right, and im not gonna sit there and not say anything
 Bismarck.Saleam
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 21:22:50  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

Don't wanna get molested by a local priest tbh.. And we're all asking you questions because you believe it so thoroughly, and you provoking our questions by stating your beliefs as if they were fact.

I'm 17 and I'm no expert. You don't need to be an expert in any of this to debate your opinion and provide a few arguments.

@sectum. You're a smart *** cookie, you know that?

@Korpg

He is bashing you because you're overweight and it's the only thing he has left to comment on because he is unable to or unwilling to best you intelligently in relation to the topic of this thread? 0.o?

@ludoggy

Yes indeed there were ice ages. But if you look carefully allot of the noah's arc legends/stories come from the more middle eastern areas or area's close to the equator. It was more likely the result of a tropical flood then a melting glacier.

@ saleam
Gtfo this thread, you are wasting your life.
 Bismarck.Saleam
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 21:23:26  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

I did talk to a local priest once. When a boy a bit older than me at the time, a Jewish boy, passed away of some undiagnosed diabetes. He had no signs of it. What did the local priests say to me?

"Only those who believe in our Lord Jesus Christ shall find heaven."

I'm 17 years old and no expert on any of this lol

omfg dude >.>
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 21:23:57  
I'll probably watch Noah's Ark while home sick tomorrow.

I'm not particularly trying to attack you if it came across that way. I've basically been conditioned by my academy to be the quick debater. I've also got an insatiable appetite for knowledge of any sort. I guess debates are just a way to try and find the truth :X
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 21:24:59  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
korpg, thats not why, i wouldnt single you out personally when ive been getting it from every direction. im not going to get into it.

oh and "big guys" probably get burned the worst cuz there easy targets :/ just being honest

give me a minute to see if i can find this video lecture on noahs ark.

and i started posting in here, because everyone was insulting christians like it was the cool thing to do, and posting blasphemis pictures, thats just not right, and im not gonna sit there and not say anything

It's admirable that you'd step up and defend yourself and your religion. I can't speak for everyone who has posted on the opposite end of this thread, but I can speak for myself when I say that I'm not trying to insult Christianity itself. My main problem lies with the people who supposedly follow its teachings. I like to ask questions and debate things, but don't take offense to it.
 Shiva.Emobi
user: Emobi
By Shiva.Emobi 2009-11-04 21:25:35  
Argument over religion is such a dead old horse, that's been beaten so much, I wonder why you people even bother. You ALL lose. Religion is a way of life, not a means of condemnation. So just shut up and mind your own business.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 21:26:58  
Shiva.Emobi said:
Argument over religion is such a dead old horse, that's been beaten so much, I wonder why you people even bother. You ALL lose. Religion is a way of life, not a means of condemnation. So just shut up and mind your own business.

WHY MUST YOU RUIN ALL OF THE FUN IN THIS THREAD?! I MUST PUT MY RESPONSE IN CAPS LOCK TO FULLY CAPTURE MY RAGE! THIS AGGRESSION WILL NOT STAND!

/passes out
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-04 21:27:13  
Shiva.Emobi said:
So just shut up and mind your own business.

Yeah. how rude of us to go and talk about religion in a thread about religion.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-04 21:29:03  
I'm not arguing over religion actually

I'm arguing over politics and how religion is used for political purpose.

I didn't attack anyone's believe (except for that one quote could be considered as an attack, although it wasn't meant nor worded to be an attack) nor will I, because I know that I'm not going to convert anyone to my personal religion at all, and I don't want to, because if I do, then it won't be my personal religion anymore.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10