Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 11:51:57  
Caitsith.Jadi.2010-01-28.11:30:21 said:
I'm pretty much done taking to you now.
Caitsith.Jadi.2010-01-28.11:44:26 said:
There is no right or wrong answer. There is me trying to convince you that you do not need to act the way you do. I have been trying to tell you that you will make a more positive play environment for everyone and as a result have a better time playing yourself when you stop trying to control everyone you play with. Let people do what they want, it's sooo simple, and your not going to see one of the wild examples you threw at me. It does work because people are not crazy, they do know what they are doing. The ideas that you have are not unique either, many people hold those views but they are not very reasonable views. You hold a viewpoint that most people don't know what they are doing but somehow believe you do and you don't see anything wrong with that.

You can take that advice or not, like other players actions, there is no way I can force you to do something you don't want to.

Sup dawg
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 12:51:41  
KK It's my belief that people can tell you what your role in the party is. But they cannot tell you what your build is. You guys worked way too damn hard to get to 75 with your job/sub just for someone to tell you "dress this way" and "sub this" when it doesnt make any freaking sense with what your doing anyway. If your a DD why do you need Utsuimei? thats a tank move! why is the dd tanking? whats the tank here for? why is the tank losing hate so often that ppl need to sub a job soley to help backup tank to THIS grand of a scale? If the tanks having trouble why not have people sub thf? Or get a thf? why do we need to ruin our builds subbing this crap trying to DD pretending to tank cuz the healer doesn't think it can keep up the maintenance on the party! further more why is it that people who do sub ninja not even gear for tanking! they basically run around in DD gear, eating DD food, subbing ninja in case they need to tank. It just looks like bad planning all around. And before you guys say its so the healer doesnt have a hard time healing all of us cuz the DD are so selfish as to not sub ninja for them what the hell is the tank doing? Its his JOB to make sure he doesnt lose hate and we dont take alot of damage so the healer isnt running a marathon all over trying to fix ***! but because we attract hate its our fault and our idea of regulating hate is to use some shitty form of damage migration on everyone in range of possibly attracting hate. Alot of moves in endgame usually ignore utsuemi anyway plus why does everyone and their brother need it? Not everyone is tanking at once, usually the guy designated as tank should be tanking. and if the idea of subbing ninja is so when you attract hate its so you dont die... why are you dieing? why do you not have gear in case you DO get hate? your artifact gear and your relic gear in most cases takes care of you having to go toe to toe with some things at times. You don't really need to sacrifice your build just for that.

Now to get back on topic since this post is TL and people DR.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-28 12:54:04  
Leviathan.Leonstrife said:
KK It's my belief that people can tell you what your role in the party is. But they cannot tell you what your build is. You guys worked way too damn hard to get to 75 with your job/sub just for someone to tell you "dress this way" and "sub this" when it doesnt make any freaking sense with what your doing anyway. If your a DD why do you need Utsuimei? thats a tank move! why is the dd tanking? whats the tank here for? why is the tank losing hate so often that ppl need to sub a job soley to help backup tank to THIS grand of a scale? If the tanks having trouble why not have people sub thf? Or get a thf? why do we need to ruin our builds subbing this crap trying to DD pretending to tank cuz the healer doesn't think it can keep up the maintenance on the party! further more why is it that people who do sub ninja not even gear for tanking! they basically run around in DD gear, eating DD food, subbing ninja in case they need to tank. It just looks like bad planning all around. And before you guys say its so the healer doesnt have a hard time healing all of us cuz the DD are so selfish as to not sub ninja for them what the hell is the tank doing? Its his JOB to make sure he doesnt lose hate and we dont take alot of damage so the healer isnt running a marathon all over trying to fix ***! but because we attract hate its our fault and our idea of regulating hate is to use some shitty form of damage migration on everyone in range of possibly attracting hate. Alot of moves in endgame usually ignore utsuemi anyway plus why does everyone and their brother need it? Not everyone is tanking at once, usually the guy designated as tank should be tanking. and if the idea of subbing ninja is so when you attract hate its so you dont die... why are you dieing? why do you not have gear in case you DO get hate? your artifact gear and your relic gear in most cases takes care of you having to go toe to toe with some things at times. You don't really need to sacrifice your build just for that.

Now to get back on topic since this post is TL and people DR.

This wall of text made me /facepalm.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 13:00:14  
mnk/drk for souleater is pretty solid dd wise since souleater damage is dependent on HP and monk has alot of that. I wouldnt use a KC with it because you would be attacking far to fast for anyone to fix the damage your causing to yourself. There is a fine line between making a build and being a hotshot with a neat little toy. hundred fisting with souleater isnt that great of an idea cuz of the same thing, your losing too much health too fast. Still though mnk has a decent attack rate and so long as your not using souleater with 3 other guys at once you shouldnt be too much of a burden. if your healer does complain its because your either using souleater while he has next to no mp and the tank is trouble or your making him get off his dead *** and going below 500 mp. (you know who you are.) Also realize that if you use asuran fists during souleater that it takes all the hits that connect as one whole attack before as it takes away your HP. IE if 5 hits land it'll take 50% of your health at once. If all 8 hits land it will take 80% at once. a good mnk/drk can rival or surpass mnk/war especially with spike damage in weapon skills particularly in the case of asuran fists witch you cannot double attack on. (you can only attack 8 times per attack round.)
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 13:02:50  

Quote:
This wall of text made me /facepalm.

It's kk. I had alot of venting in that and I probably F'd it up royally in the overall message. Should have made it in word ><
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-28 13:02:52  
Because if you sub /war or /sam in Einherjar Tier 3, you're likely begging for your linkshell to curebomb you nonstop. Some of the best tanks in the game are capable of losing hate if something goes wrong. It's better to nerf damage slightly in exchange for survivability versus doing a bit more damage but guaranteed to die if you have hate more than 5 seconds.

According to your argument, Leonstrife, you are basically saying stoneskin/phalanx/blink/utsusemi is completely pointless to cast unless if you're a tank.

Plus, as much as you want to believe there is any form of individuality in this game, you're dead wrong. Kraken Drks don't sub /MNK for the extra HP versus /drg for the targe and earring. Anyone who decides to /MNK it is considered gimp. Regardless of what you want to believe, this MMO is pretty cookie cutter once you bypass your ego and realize the research has been done and we have been accustomed to using the BEST job combinations.

Next time I go to Nidhogg camp, I'll come to it on PLD/SAM for Seigan/Third Eye tanking just for you.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 13:11:33  
Fairy.Maimed said:
Because if you sub /war or /sam in Einherjar Tier 3, you're likely begging for your linkshell to curebomb you nonstop. Some of the best tanks in the game are capable of losing hate if something goes wrong. It's better to nerf damage slightly in exchange for survivability versus doing a bit more damage but guaranteed to die if you have hate more than 5 seconds.

According to your argument, Leonstrife, you are basically saying stoneskin/phalanx/blink/utsusemi is completely pointless to cast unless if you're a tank.

Plus, as much as you want to believe there is any form of individuality in this game, you're dead wrong. Kraken Drks don't sub /MNK for the extra HP versus /drg for the targe and earring. Anyone who decides to /MNK it is considered gimp. Regardless of what you want to believe, this MMO is pretty cookie cutter once you bypass your ego and realize the research has been done and we have been accustomed to using the BEST job combinations.

Next time I go to Nidhogg camp, I'll come to it on PLD/SAM for Seigan/Third Eye tanking just for you.

ya I was afraid this would happen. Hold up I gotta open word now. give me a sec.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 13:34:49  
KK first off you CAN NOT guarantee me to die, say we go somewhere you look at my main/sub and say to me “you have a 100% death rate. My calculator told me so.” nuh uh.
I could have a 10% chance of living. I could have a 1%. But 100%, *** you. Telling me where im gonna live and where im gonna die. That’s just assholish Mr. my ego is better then yours or whatever. You don’t know my ego. My ego doesn’t know you I checked. she has no idea where the hell you come from or what you do so why we bringing her into this? Second the best job/sub job combination's have not been found if so it wouldn’t have taken those guys 18 hours to fight a losing battle. It wouldn’t take SE to walk in and put a soul eater nerf and JUST absolute virtue just because the only way people were winning was with a bunch of drks using KC’s. So again take that. Now then for the debate on subbing ninja is tank only. Yes I do believe its mostly for tanks. With that said I don’t believe it is only for plds and ninjas. I firmly believe monks using counter stance with it is awesome. I believe that any job gearing to tank in some way can pull it off. What im saying is that someone gearing to DD is just wasting a very valuable slot just to pretend to do the tanks job. Anyone that can get their hands on the good ***can have the potential to tank decently but a DD gear setup is a shitty tank setup like a good 80% of the time. People using /nin as a means to fill the holes in their defense while not bothering to help with anything else is just being lazy as bloody hell. The only job I would say could pull this off is ninja and monk since blink tanking is their natural spike. (ninjas and monks massive amount of haste plus ninjas A- in ninjutsu and monks counter stance lowers rate of interruptions.)

BAH IT DIDN'T DOUBLE SPACE!
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-28 13:37:16  
Indentation and ***is your friend
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 13:37:18  
Doesn't have to be 100%. even if it's a 10% chance, of living, it's still a non necessary risk.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-28 13:43:48  
LMFAO @ nerd rage.

Jesus, I suppose you hate being wrong more than you like sounding like you got a pair on lolforums.

Wow, I hope your profile isn't your main character. I feel like I just beat up an autistic kid..

Sorry.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 13:47:52  
So I like Blazblue whats wrong with my profile? Is it the sch gear? I'm soloing atm i dont really want to do that with MP+ gear it cant take a hit.
 Fairy.Bukka
user: Bukka
By Fairy.Bukka 2010-01-28 13:50:10  
I'm sure when you get NIN past level 1 you wont be so opposed to using it as a sub. Survivablity is key.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-28 13:52:14  
Leviathan.Leonstrife said:
So I like Blazblue whats wrong with my profile? Is it the sch gear? I'm soloing atm i dont really want to do that with MP gear it cant take a hit.

No son, it looks like you haven't even had your cherry popped when it comes to real FFXI endgame so clearly you're out of your league.

Sorry I'm done arguing a valid point with you. I thought you had real exposure to FFXI, and not just playing in exp parties.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 13:52:42  
all the stuff ive gotten done without it and I still cant get rid of the stigma. Bloody wonderful.

Edit: sorry for derailing the thread. I hope the OP got their answer.