users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Bard set for Odyssea pulling
Bard set for Odyssea pulling
 Asura.Xxpoure
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xxpoure
By Asura.Xxpoure 2023-03-15 15:41:44  
hey guys .. i joined a ody run with no tank and just the BRD/PLD pulling.. i was wondering if anyone had there sets to show me what i need for this ???

i would like to be able to get to this lvl so any help from people would be greatful ..

thank you
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-15 16:41:16  
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35597/you-spoony-guide-a-troubadours-libretto/61/#3643073
 Asura.Xxpoure
user: Xxpoure
By Asura.Xxpoure 2023-03-15 17:52:57  
thank you bippin
 Asura.Nolano
user: Nolano
By Asura.Nolano 2023-03-15 21:38:27  
Besides your idle mode, you also should consider your lullaby midcast. You’re going to want capped DT and as much evasion as you can manage in there while still keeping decent magic accuracy. Nyame is key here obviously. You don’t need much macc in Sheol C aside from perytons. The rams don’t sleep at all in my experience.

So setup another casting mode to handle your tanky lullabys.

Sing the melee songs (HM last), the mage’s ballad, and then run away, instructing no one to follow you, and sing your 2x mambo 2x minne. You’ll be super tanking the circles, so don’t take any actions on beastmen as that will get the unengaged ones to go for your healer. Single target sleep the other mobs in halo pulls.
[+]
By kasnuaku 2023-03-16 01:35:58  
Your text to link here...
This is my set I use, close to 500 VIT as I can get, and useing miso ramen . /ninja becuase of song duration and shadows are nice on floor 4.
By Draylo 2023-03-16 02:07:13  
Odyssea, Abyssea's cousin
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-16 02:28:33  
Asura.Nolano said: »
The rams don’t sleep at all in my experience.
Rams, Qutrubs and Halo mobs are immune to Lullaby, so Macc won't matter on those.

I don't have a lot of experience on BRD tank/puller in Sheol C but some general things I can share:

1) Evasion caps at ~80%, no matter how much eva you can pile up, you won't be able to evade more than that % of the total amount of attacks thrown at you by targets you pulled. Which means ~20% of those attacks will land on you regardless. This is something to consider if you want to pull, say, 30 mobs at the same time, or if some of those mobs are particularly powerful/fast

2) Salt Ramen is one of the best eva food, it can give you up to 95 Eva. But it's "only" 6% of your eva, which means that to receive that amount you're gonna need ~1600 Eva before food, and that's of course unrealistical without Mambox2 (or SV Mambo). That should be the standard of course but I'm sayin this because in different situations other foods like Seafood Gratin +1 (max 65 Eva, but 13%) might provide you with a larger amount of Eva.

3) Unless you want to use third party tools to artificially bring your movement speed to high values, a sorta mandatory option is gonna be Hyppomenes Socks +1 R15. These are often ignored by us western players, but I see they're used a lot by JP BRD pullers. It basically gives you a semi-permanent Flee which allows you to outspeed a good part of monsters and moving around faster to pull/gather them as the rest of your party is killing mobs. I haven't been part of many full-clear Sheol C runs, but in all those times there was a JP BRD puller using those feet.

4) While /NIN is nice for the slightly additional Eva, the dualwield (which also can converts into additional eva) and of course shadows, those shadows won't be as useful as you might think, especially on floors 3+. You can't expect to pull like 30+ mobs without fleespeed and just with shadows, with that amount of targets tryin to hit you Shadows simply won't make a big difference. It's why a lot of people go /PLD, I guess. Can't say why but I assume more than for the Def bonus job trait, it's gotta be for Sentinel? With keen use of Random Deal from the COR and with long pulls, you can probably have Sentinel up for the final part (the most dangerous one) of a lot of pulls.

Keep in mind for floor 4 (I think even 3 actually) 1600 eva is not enough to reach the cap of 80% Eva, but there's not much you can do about that, other than SV Mambox2 lol
 Asura.Nolano
user: Nolano
By Asura.Nolano 2023-03-16 08:21:31  
Lots of good points Sechs! Forgive my ignorance in quoting sections of post, but I'll respond and elaborate a bit;

+1 vote for seafood gratin; you need the evasion from it when you don't have SV mambo on earlier floors as you mention, and don't need the extra evasion from any food on later floors when your mambos are SV'd.

I have shneddick ring in my idle set. That keeps me far enough ahead on pulls. On the longer pulls on floor 3 you'll actually have to be careful not to deaggro. I would like to play around with the hippo socks though.

Sentinel is the main reason to sub paladin. Pop it as your halo pull is gathering, and work on sleeping the normal (nostos?) mobs asap.

I like to save SV for end of floor 2/beginning of floor 3 (depending on kill speed) so you definitely have it for the bulk of floor 3/4. The x2 minne help a lot along with the 2x mambo obviously. Keep the HM for the capped lullaby delay reduction, but not essential.

SCH makes this strategy a breeze. Embrava with SV on floor 3 and reup it before tabula wears.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-16 08:41:03  
I would like to play around with the hippo socks though.
I personally haven't played with them yet, but it's clear to see how they're gonna help not only in reducing the number of physical hits you receive while pulling, but also into roaming way more efficiently upstairs/downstairs in big floors like 3 for instance, to pull literally everything.
I mean, if you're not cheating having 60% move speed for a large part of your time is quite a big difference.

Quote:
I like to save SV for end of floor 2/beginning of floor 3 (depending on kill speed) so you definitely have it for the bulk of floor 3/4.
While I personally don't like relying on gambles like these, I see a lot of very proficient groups use SV/CC songs at start, with the COR using Cutting Cards on the BRD right after.
Most of the time you have SV back for Floor 4, or if not you can get another chance with WC.
I'm confident this works MOST of the time, but my personal concern is: what about those times when it doesn't? Eh...

Quote:
SCH makes this strategy a breeze. Embrava with SV on floor 3 and reup it before tabula wears.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention those few times where I managed to make full clears (once even with Slimes! Ewww!) there was a very skilled SCH healer rather than WHM.
This allowed for AoE Phalanx, incredibly powerful regen, and Embrava for a large part of those 30mins
Last but not least AoE enwater for Dahaks. Which I personally killed multiple times without, but it's always a gamble, with enwater it's a breeze instead.
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-03-16 13:19:35  
My group usually pulls in about 12-13k segments per run with me not meleeing on brd at all. I have a 100% physical defense/DT set and a DT/MEVA set that I usually alternate between. The way I do it is I just run into a pack to aggro things, then take advantage of the split second between aggro and autoattacks to sleep them in place. You end up taking a lot fewer hits that way. So it ends up being about half of them on the first horde before rounding up the other half. It's pretty safe. We usually skip a pack or two during the run so there's room for improvement but I'd say we're doing fine.

I do need to look into those flee feet though, they would've saved me yesterday. Pulling the next pack over to the current camp is probably the biggest potential improvement we could work in.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [154 days between previous and next post]
By Beau 2023-08-17 13:55:08  
Been skimming the forums for potential BRD/PLD sets for Ody C. Currently working on a full self-cure potency/102%SIRD/capped PDT set all in one.

Can anyone take a look at this self-cure set and see if there's any marginal improvements?

ItemSet 392632

Set features:
39%DT, 12-14%PDT.
103%SIRD with merits.
Cure potency I + 50%.
Cure potency received + 33%.

Set augments:
Vanya Head Path C for 15%SIRD.
Cape: Cure pot+10%, SIRD-10%.
Body 5%DT. Neck 5%SIRD. Buremte gloves with 2-4%PDT augs required to hit PDT cap.
By Dodik 2023-08-17 15:11:52  
That set is very low on def, gonna get hit hard capped pdt or no.

Better to make either a high def set with pianissimo minne or a eva build for mambo IMO.

Self cures not going to save you if you're getting hit in Buremte and Vanya.
By Felgarr 2023-08-17 17:48:12  
Beau said: »
Been skimming the forums for potential BRD/PLD sets for Ody C. Currently working on a full self-cure potency/102%SIRD/capped PDT set all in one.

Can anyone take a look at this self-cure set and see if there's any marginal improvements?

ItemSet 392632

Set features:
39%DT, 12-14%PDT.
103%SIRD with merits.
Cure potency I + 50%.
Cure potency received + 33%.

Set augments:
Vanya Head Path C for 15%SIRD.
Cape: Cure pot+10%, SIRD-10%.
Body 5%DT. Neck 5%SIRD. Buremte gloves with 2-4%PDT augs required to hit PDT cap.

Sorry for not being able to answer your question directly. I took a look at the Kaykaus/HQ sets and couldn't offer any further improvements. What are you cure amounts, roughly in this set?

I did a full clear or extremely close to it, ~2600-2625 segments from a perfect ~2800 segments. (These are the final conflux numbers, so multiply by 5 to get the actual segment amount. It worked well, to a point, but hate was extremely wonky. Our scholar was very upset and stressed throughout the run and asked us to ever do that again. :(
By Beau 2023-08-17 23:57:28  
Well I haven't exactly tried BRD/PLD yet but I've run with some JP PUGs where they don't use a tank. I agree hate can be wonky. I wanted to properly build my sets before attempting, hence this post. And the intention is to use an EVA build; the CURE/SIRD/PDT was for possible oh-sh*t situations (pulling far away from party or pulling group with halo mobs before halo is killed, or healer goes down temporarily).
By Dubaiii 2023-08-18 02:47:11  
Besides your idle mode, you also should consider your lullaby midcast. You’re going to want capped DT and as much evasion as you can manage in there while still keeping decent magic accuracy. Nyame is key here obviously. You don’t need much macc in Sheol C aside from perytons. The rams don’t sleep at all in my experience.

So setup another casting mode to handle your tanky lullabys.

Sing the melee songs (HM last), the mage’s ballad, and then run away, instructing no one to follow you, and sing your 2x mambo 2x minne. You’ll be super tanking the circles, so don’t take any actions on beastmen as that will get the unengaged ones to go for your healer. Single target sleep the other mobs in halo pulls.

Thank you for the amazing post, would like to see more posts like these to clear things for everyone that want to be BRD tanks.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-18 08:07:54  
Keep in mind that Tenuto is also an ability in the game. You can use this to your advantage if you want to give yourself different songs than the rest of the party, without having to worry about duration etc.