New HNM LS

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » New HNM LS
New HNM LS
By Overdrive 2009-11-04 15:01:43  
Starting up a new endgame linkshell on Shiva, basic EST timezone for now. Basic requirements are those such as sea/sky/dynamis icelands access, and some experience with HNM's as well as a few useful jobs at 75. If you're missing a bit of experience we might work with you given how we evaluate skill, background and experiences. I've personally had experience with everything in the game and have led a highly successful HNM linkshell in 2008, so i'm looking forward to creating another successful LS (and hopefully one that will stick together going into FFXIV when it comes out).

The LS's name is EternalUnity, and our home page was just recently created so its not too detailed but if you want to apply come to www.eternalunityls.com and fill out an app. Specifically looking for well experienced tanks, rdm/whm/blm's and bards, however feel free to apply if you don't have one of these.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-04 15:06:52  
Which shell did you help lead, and why aren't you with that shell anymore?

I'm sure these are just a few questions people will ask about your shell. Besides event schedules, lotting rules, item dispersion, who's to say who lots what, and the transparancy of your shell's ethics towards your members.
 Shiva.Wetton
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Wetton 2009-11-05 13:44:41  
Stop getting fat-grease all over my server's board, Korpg.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-05 14:09:04  
What's considered a 'useful' job?
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-05 14:10:12  
Fairy.Tbest said:

Anything but Bst, Blu and Pup.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-05 14:11:09  
Awww... I love my Blue Mages. They're good at DoT/DD/Support/Dispel/Healing/Stuns/etc. etc.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-05 14:12:14  
Shiva.Wetton said:
Stop getting fat-grease all over my server's board, Korpg.

Enough.
 Remora.Belius
サーバ: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-05 14:13:36  
Sounds lovely! I like it when experienced players go and guide the newer folk.

And I think you should post the entirety of that display picture, overdrive. >.>
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-05 14:15:05  
Remora.Belius said:

And I think you should post the entirety of that display picture, overdrive. >.>
O.o No...
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2009-11-05 14:23:07  
I've seen good Blue Mages offer much to endgame linkshells and not just being a cannonball ***. It really depends on the skillset of the player really. A good friend of mine misjudged distance on JoL and got killed. The BLU in his ls, a skilled player by the name of Aben, stepped in and tanked JoL on BLU/THF (not the ideal sub for tanking) but kept things running smoothly until the tank was back up again.

Players capable of thinking on their feet is always a big plus, in any linkshell. Just figured I'd throw that in.

Good luck with starting your new HNM ls Overdrive. Always nice to see fresh meat in the HNM scene (even though we're on different servers) =)
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-05 14:27:59  
Fairy.Maimed said:
I've seen good Blue Mages offer much to endgame linkshells and not just being a cannonball ***. It really depends on the skillset of the player really. A good friend of mine misjudged distance on JoL and got killed. The BLU in his ls, a skilled player by the name of Aben, stepped in and tanked JoL on BLU/THF (not the ideal sub for tanking) but kept things running smoothly until the tank was back up again.

I know Aben, he's a great BLU. Pretty much who stoked my aspirations to be a great BLU myself.

Problem with BLUs in endgame seems to be the simple fact that a lot of people just don't know what it does or what it's capable (and not capable) of doing.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-05 14:32:50  
Fairy.Tbest said:

All jobs are useful, as long as the players behind the characters know what they are doing.

My shell has some very good PUPs, DRGs, BSTs, SMNs, and BLUs who, when presented with situations, can do better damage than the conventional jobs you see.

I mean, you won't see BLMs nuke on Cerby, so why bring an army of them?
 Remora.Belius
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-05 14:41:45  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Remora.Belius said:

O.o No...

Stay on topic! >:(

Poor pet jobs. I think it's all the trauma people have to deal with getting to fight the mobs on the way to 75 that something cracks in them every time they see a 'so-and-so readies Death Scissors'.

I think by useful he may have meant needed?
SAM RDM BRD WAR SMN COR THF WHM perhaps!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-05 14:59:07  
*Shrugs.* All jobs are both useful and needed imo. Sure, most jobs fit into certain 'niches'... I just found it amusing that he said a few 'useful' jobs. As in, there's a such thing as a useless job.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-05 15:05:34  
Fairy.Tbest said:
*Shrugs.* All jobs are both useful and needed imo. Sure, most jobs fit into certain 'niches'... I just found it amusing that he said a few 'useful' jobs. As in, there's a such thing as a useless job.

There is no useless jobs, just useless job combos.

Hi2u PUP/SMN
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-05 15:11:56  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Asura.Korpg said:
There is no useless jobs, just useless job combos.

Hi2u PUP/SMN

Unrelated: The other day my mog house lagged but I hadn't noticed I wasn't smn/sch until I got up to sky. Everyone was waiting on me to help with the single Ark Angel fights. By the time I got up there, they asked why I was smn/mnk

COOL STORY, BRO

I lol'd.

I've done that too but it's usually /blm, I think the same could be said for most people. Now when I want to warp back to Windurst I make it my main job, so when I walk out I wonder why I'm naked, then go... "OHFUCK" and run back inside, instead of realizing when someone points it or, or asks why I'm not curing.
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2009-11-05 16:56:33  
I wouldn't say some jobs are usless, but there's definitely some jobs that are better suited to a situation than others.

You can technically bring 8 PUPs to Fafnir and have the automatons cast Tier IV nukes for magic bursts. Would you do it? I suppose it depends on how skilled the players are and whether or not you feel they are the best fit for the way you fight HNM.

Personally I wouldn't because there's always a chance Fafnir/Nidhogg could waste your automaton with a solid TP move like Hurricane Wings or Dragon Breath. Then again, taru BLMs are squishy too. It really depends I suppose.

Aben is a good friend of mine and he is the reason I want to play BLU so bad. When we staticed CoP and TOAU together, he was so damn useful in every single fight.. it was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. He is definitely one of the most skilled BLUs on this server. His dedication towards his BLU reminds me of how Meno is to his PLD. Both damn good players that take pride in their craft.