MNK Dps Vs Others?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK dps vs others?
MNK dps vs others?
First Page 2
By sedosan 2023-05-09 04:11:37  
I've always mained monk because I thought it was the coolest job.
However now i'm fairly well geared with a spharai 119 III (easiest to get) (not augmented yet)...
I average 10k on my weapons kills (shijin + victory smite) and while keeping full haste i get 20-30k light doing solo 3 step which isn't bad. I'm average 3k dps on locus bats

However looking at some other videos, i've seen a summoner doing anywhere from 60 to 90k with "holy mist" every 4 seconds in dynamis D bastok, (also has about 5k HP and 4k MP... how is that possible?)
I'm also seeing other jobs averaging 30+k on their WSs (red mages and corsairs)!? not to mention BLUs damage and Samurais 99,999 WS+SC, also nukes doing insane damage

I want to know what's the damage output of a max geared MNK?
is it time to ditch my monk? :(
 Bahamut.Noscrying
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-05-09 04:27:42  
Shijin is a SC WS, it'll always be fairly bad.
If you're using Spharai, then focus on WSD and Final Heaven.

Otherwise it's generally Victory Smite Impetus, Tornado Kick Footwork, Raging Fists / Howling Fist when Impetus & Footwork is down.

Keep in mind MNK WS damage is generally lower than other DDs and White damage is usually higher, especially with a Verethragna.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2023-05-09 04:29:34  
sedosan said: »
However looking at some other videos, i've seen a summoner doing anywhere from 60 to 90k with "holy mist" every 4 seconds in dynamis D bastok, (also has about 5k HP and 4k MP... how is that possible?)

That's a private server video... SMN wouldn't be doing that kind of solo damage/tanking in retail FFXI.

The video in question:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-09 04:31:04  
lol I saw that one before, I had no idea p servers added that stuff until I saw that video.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-05-09 04:40:11  
are you solo? sounds like a buff issue.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-05-09 05:28:46  
MNK is actually one of the highest DPS jobs right now (especially considering nonSP or nonShortDurationAbility zergs, like MS/Warcry WAR can obviously spike much higher dps for short duration). What keeps monk behind in recent content is being only really good with blunt type damage, which kinda sucks for Segments farming and lots of Odyssey bosses (It still shines against bosses weak to blunt).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-05-09 06:58:59  
Echoing what Simon has listed - MNK is not the king of WS damage, but your regular hits more than make up for that when properly geared. Yes, you can see 60k+ Howling / Raging / Tornado WS from time to time (or a big Victory Smite during Impetus) but don't focus on that.

Keep in mind you will absolutely need Bhikku Cyclas for your biggest damage boost so prioritize that. Spharai has good regular melee damage (especially when you get a proc on an attack round) but I wouldn't worry about keeping Aftermath up as Final Heaven even when properly geared is awful. You will already have a high Kick Attack % without the Aftermath.

Get a Fotia Gorget as it is used for nearly all of your WS, and try to get your hands on a Gere Ring (solo Odin on Very Easy / Easy is simple for MNK and you also have the easiest VD clear setup with a group). Gear for Triple Attack / Double Attack and forget WS Damage even exists.

The other thing that MNK does well is Subtle Blow. You should be easily capped for it with basic gear and you can use a lot of Subtle Blow II pieces as well. This is arguably the most important part of MNK as a DPS as you can completely trivialize many fights and it makes soloing a breeze.

Here's hoping Prime Fists give us a properly fTP scaling and multi-hit Final Heaven...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-09 15:51:58  
a chance to plug my He-man video, I cannot resist
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By sedosan 2023-06-03 01:39:54  
A tiny update, almost 2 months after creating my 5 alts (cor/geo/rdm/brd/whm) my damage output (dps) doubled to 6k given that my alts are new (only gjallarhorn brd) I guess it isn't that bad. Currently at 40/75 horns for Daurdabla and a very long time for Idris...
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-03 05:04:48  
Since you like hyperbole examples, yesterday on E boss in Sortie I did 97712 Dragon Kick followed by 99999 light and soon after 70968 Victory Smite followed by 99999 light. Just BRD and COR alta with 3 trusts.
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-03 15:33:04  
It looks/feels pretty strong.
Only things worth parsing (and live long enough) in the content i have access to are master trials.
wasn't too far behind a decked out fencer-build war with bis everything.

by not too far i was less than 5% behind.
my mnk's verethragna and gear have zero augments.
I'm pretty sure I can close that gap considerably in the next few weeks with some augments.
[+]
By sedosan 2023-07-01 09:56:07  
3 months update,
I reached about level 42 master monk and got to learn more about game mechanics, as silly as it might sound, I wasn't using Dia on mobs, that's a free defense down to increase DPS ^^;;;
right now i'm doing about 8k DPS with my monk and SC alone, up to 9.6k dps with the rest of the party on Locus Bats.
I'm optimizing here and there and experimenting.
I got 2 cors, 1 geo, 1 brd and 1 sch with me and my main MNK as the only DPS.
Allies, Fighter Chaos and Cor rolls, Geo-fury and indi-fraility to widen the gap between atk and def.
I'm still 2 weeks away from unlocking Spharai to R15. none of my alts have any REMA yet. For BRD i'm using 2 minuets and 2 STR+
I'm using the basic smite -> shijin -> smite for double light with geo/blm doing 2x 20k dmg thunder 3 per light and sch keeping helix on and cor with thunder shot.

I haven't had the time to code in dragon kick/tornado kick when footwork is up but working on it.

My gear is still way below end-game mostly kendatsuba gear +1 and R-AF+2

however now i'm seeing WSs in the range of 40-50k and lights above 85k which i'm more than happy with (currently).

I've just unlocked lilith fight but still can't seem to do Normal+ on it yet.

all in all, i'm pretty happy to see my progress more than seeing my kids taking their first steps XD
By SimonSes 2023-07-01 10:42:03  
3 months update,
I reached about level 42 master monk and got to learn more about game mechanics, as silly as it might sound, I wasn't using Dia on mobs, that's a free defense down to increase DPS ^^;;;
right now i'm doing about 8k DPS with my monk and SC alone, up to 9.6k dps with the rest of the party on Locus Bats.
Allies, Fighter Chaos and Cor rolls, Geo-fury and indi-fraility to widen the gap between atk and def.
I'm still 2 weeks away from unlocking Spharai to R15. none of my alts have any REMA yet. For BRD i'm using 2 minuets and 2 STR+
I'm using the basic smite -> shijin -> smite for double light with geo/blm doing 2x 20k dmg thunder 3 per light and sch keeping helix on and cor with thunder shot.

I haven't had the time to code in dragon kick/tornado kick when footwork is up but working on it.

however now i'm seeing WSs in the range of 40-50k and lights above 85k which i'm more than happy with (currently).

all in all, i'm pretty happy to see my progress more than seeing my kids taking their first steps XD

I'm sorry but you seriously need to learn a lot about game mechanic :) First of all you are using geo and Cor but you don't even cap haste? XD it's the first thing you should do.
Second of all frailty, fury, dia, 2* minuets and chaos roll is huge overkill on Locus bats. Another thing is your rolls, 4 rolls and none of them is Samurai..
Last thing, vsmite is better than shijin, so make shijin > vsmite > vsmite.

Summing up use victory march instead of one minuet (and cast haste on Mnk). Use samurai roll instead of allies. And change WS order.

Tbh I'm really surprised you was able to solo 3 step without samurai and capped haste.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-07-01 11:11:13  
SE need to add MNK into Naegling
[+]
 Phoenix.Vespajava
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2023-07-01 11:21:12  
Pantafernando said: »
SE need to add MNK into Naegling
Your 11,192 post should be an apology for being as ridiculous as OP, but srsly..Not a terrible idea *eyeroll*
 Asura.Reidden
サーバ: Asura
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-07-01 12:56:50  
I would prefer dual wielding h2h weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-07-01 12:57:53  
MNK has great overall DPS ever since SE updated H2H WS's. The job requires managing JA rotations and choosing the correct WS for the buffs / equipment at hand.

Having said that, other then melee basement sortie, which is still kind new, there isn't any "end game" content that lets MNK really shine. Odyssea V25 bosses are like getting kicked in the nuts with steel toes boots, and Seg farm is a competition to who can overkill mobs.

Asura.Reidden said: »
I would prefer dual wielding h2h weapons.

Better yet, one on each hand and another set on the feet, Quad attacks go!
[+]
 Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-07-01 15:28:07  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Better yet, one on each hand and another set on the feet, Quad attacks go!

Sh*t, this would be so freakin dope.
By SimonSes 2023-07-01 15:51:01  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Seg farm is a competition to who can overkill mobs.

There is way too many blunt resist in C for MNK to even try.
By drakefs 2023-07-01 18:29:15  
Change your bard songs to 2x march and 2x minuet. Make sure you have enough gear haste in your TP set to cap delay. Drop Chaos roll for Samurai roll. You may loose some "Big Numbers" but your frequency should increase significantly.

If you end up doing something that you cannot attack cap on, drop Allies roll for Chaos.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-07-01 19:06:00  
allies roll is the same as gear for the 50% cap. depending on his gear for skillchains it might not be doing much of anything. if he posts his gear i can run a full simulation of his skillchain and give him the ideal rolls
By zixxer 2023-07-02 06:52:26  
We tried a mnk for sortie and the mnk beat the war in parse on bosses. Melee run 8/8 bosses, usual dd buffs. War had prime gsword and mnk did not. Keep in mind war usually caps dmg during aria sv. Mnks white damage really shines.

Full disclosure the war did have most of the hate so war got most of the stuns and other debuffs from the bosses. War was also in charge of armor break and tomahawk on all basement bosses.

mnk = 29.3%
war = 26%

Party comp was war, mnk, rdm, cor, brd, whm.

I think mnk is in a good place if considering sortie. When it comes to seg farms, they fall short due to weapon type.

Edit: parse was incorrect corrected.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-02 07:32:15  
zixxer said: »
Edit: parse was incorrect

And you saythat only after i read all of it???
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-07-02 09:01:03  
The main MNK buff I want is to let their empy AM apply to all hits like the other single weapon jobs. Ukon can triple damage proc on any swing, but Vereth can only do it on the main hand hit and not even on main hand DAs.
By ashcrow 2023-07-02 09:28:47  
3 months update,

Mashallah Habibi i cant even do 5k dps on my M40 RDM are you sure its 8000 dps or just 8000 dps for a couple of seconds lol.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-07-02 09:33:34  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
The main MNK buff I want is to let their empty AM apply to all hits like the other single weapon jobs. Ukon can triple damage proc on any swing, but Vereth can only do it on the main hand hit and not even on main hand DAs.
That's the same for all "one handed" Empys though.
With the difference that for them you can pick whatever OH option you want whereas with H2H you're stuck with the same thing for both hands.

Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say? °-°
[+]
By Nariont 2023-07-02 09:35:11  
May be mistaken but h2h is also only allowed 1 occurance of an AM proc in the case of empy, while a DA/TA on other weapons can have multiples
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-02 09:35:36  
ashcrow said: »
Mashallah Habibi i cant even do 5k dps on my M40 RDM are you sure its 8000 dps or just 8000 dps for a couple of seconds lol.

You need to work on your gear/macros/buffs instead of your ML then, because 5k DPS should be a joke to hit.

Back-of-napkin math: if your WS are doing 60k (conservative) that means even with no enspells or white damage, hitting 5k dps means WSing every 12 seconds. This also doesn't include any skillchain damage.

IDK, maybe you're spending 5-10 seconds after each mob finding another one? Are these numbers based on your personal play, or botting?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-02 09:36:49  
Asura.Sechs said: »
That's the same for all "one handed" Empys though.

Twashtar can triple attack (quad) and hit an empy proc on all 3/4 of them. Vere cannot. It is the only empy like this
First Page 2