Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15
By RadialArcana 2024-02-27 10:23:09  
It's funny when you have argued with people on the internet for a while and see the blatant well poisoning tactics people use, it's honestly lazy and boring.

You don't even win with these tactics, cause people will still not buy the game if they are against it anyway.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-27 11:37:35  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
People getting real emotional over a 15 y/o having her cleavage covered up in a 20 second cutscene
In my defense, i never played 7 and didnt know that was a cutscene from their younger years.

Regardless, people are allowed to be skeptical with all the garbage “for a modern audience” that has crept into games the last few years.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-27 12:23:53  
What Square just did:

They censored a game that came out in April 10, 2020 in a patch. This sets a terrible precedent that they can now censor any game they have ever released at any time for any reason.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-27 12:48:12  
RadialArcana said: »
>reach the end of the game
>in the seventh level of hell, surrounded by demons
>fighting for your life
>covered in blood
>exhausted
>about to fight the level 99 behemoth dragon
>bob the painter came yesterday and painted up the sheer cliff so you know where to go

This you?
[+]
 Asura.Qibble
サーバ: Asura
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2024-02-27 12:48:29  
What Square just did:

They censored a game that came out in April 10, 2020 in a patch. This sets a terrible precedent that they can now censor any game they have ever released at any time for any reason.

I mean this sincerely, touch grass.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-02-27 13:01:33  
What Square just did:

Ever the idiot.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-27 14:27:56  
This is exactly what they did though?

They didn't censor the new game people have yet to buy and you can decide to buy into that, the censored a game that people bought in 2020 for $70. Explain how they didn't just do that if you like. They can now censor any game they want, for any reason they want since they just set the precedent. Have they done this before? am I wrong this is a precedent?

If they censor a new version of the first game they release in 2024 that would be one thing, no they censored the game that came out in 2020 in 2024 that you bought already and that you cannot start without accepting the new censorship patch.

If I'm wrong please correct me and explain how I'm wrong, also why is anyone defending this exactly? I know some people find it hard to express themselves and just post memes and that's ok if it's all you can do but the whole point of a forum is to discuss things, try.
By Viciouss 2024-02-27 14:42:02  
This is exactly what they did though?

They didn't censor the new game people have yet to buy and you can decide to buy into that, the censored a game that people bought in 2020 for $70. Explain how they didn't just do that if you like. They can now censor any game they want, for any reason they want since they just set the precedent. Have they done this before? am I wrong this is a precedent?

If they censor a new version of the first game they release in 2024 that would be one thing, no they censored the game that came out in 2020 in 2024 that you bought already and that you cannot start without accepting the new censorship patch.

If I'm wrong please correct me and explain how I'm wrong, also why is anyone defending this exactly? I know some people find it hard to express themselves and just post memes and that's ok if it's all you can do but the whole point of a forum is to discuss things, try.

You aren't discussing anything, you are just making things up, as always. Get it out of your system before the game actually comes out, because no one is going to put up with your shitposting SE while we are all playing it.

Try reading the patch notes, which I'm not going to post for you. You are a waste of time. It's not censorship. And to repeat Proth's point, imagine losing your mind over covering up a 15 year old's chest in a videogame. It's pathetic.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-27 14:53:32  
Oh you didn't know? fair enough. Well let me post some sources I saw it from.

tbh I didn't believe it at first either

https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remakes-surprise-patch-includes-tifa-outfit-change-ahead-of-rebirth-release-breaks-major-mod

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Viciouss 2024-02-27 16:48:21  
Yes, we all knew last night when the patch notes were posted. To match the outfits for both games. Nothing to do with censorship. Again, you are a waste of time. Posting a opinion video that you agree with doesn't validate your trolling.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-27 17:00:16  
I mean, it is after the fact censoring. And then they patched the previous game to match the current change.

I don't think it's a big deal, but it's the first step on the "slippery slope" of what they'll "fix" next. So some amount of alarms should sound.

Say in game 3 they make Tifa an A cup and then patch game 1 and 2 to match the new change for example.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aquatic
サーバ: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2024-02-27 17:00:47  
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-02-27 17:16:25  
more like the nippleheim incident.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-27 18:27:04  
The reason lots of people don't like this is the video game industry are a bunch of sheep, any success is duplicated with endless clones and any avenue they can push to keep share holders happy is pushed. The moment they see a large company can get away with censoring a game years after release, they will all start to do the same. Overwatch was the watershed for over-monetization and lootboxes in AAA gaming, then EA and all the others followed for example.

Pretty much every video game and movie any of us like is severely problematic by today's standards, and since most are either digital only these days or have to accept patches to launch this is not a good precedent. The only power we had to keep things as we liked them, was the norm that this was not acceptable.

Now it is.

Yesterday we had warnings, games were problematic. Tomorrow they will just remove the problematic.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-27 22:20:32  
Conveniently people are honing in specifically on prototifa's *** window and ignoring the fact that the patch made other continuity changes too. It wasn't a patch to specifically stick it to all the ephebophiles who played the game 4 yrs ago, it was a patch to bring some of the cutscenes in line with the sequel for people buying the dual pack or who will replay the games in sequence again later.

Another example of a change: Aerith's dialogue changed from "I miss it. The steel sky." to "This sky... I don't like it." probably because the second game will have Crisis Core tie ins.

Some of you maidenless *** out here acting like they patched Jesus out of the bible. If they had gone and changed one of the bridal dresses maybe you'd have an argument but this is such a nothingburger "censorship" that the fact there has been nearly 2 pages of whinging about it is insane.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-27 23:04:25  
Game will open 12 am my time *** man………..
By Viciouss 2024-02-28 00:20:03  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »

11 PM for me. Gotta work the next day. Just gonna try to get through the prologue.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-28 00:42:10  
Viciouss said: »
Asura.Thunderjet said: »

11 PM for me. Gotta work the next day. Just gonna try to get through the prologue.
I will try to sleep at 8 and wake up 1-3 am before work i also deleted my demo by mistake but might have erased my save?
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-02-28 04:55:54  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, it is after the fact censoring. And then they patched the previous game to match the current change.

I don't think it's a big deal, but it's the first step on the "slippery slope" of what they'll "fix" next. So some amount of alarms should sound.

Say in game 3 they make Tifa an A cup and then patch game 1 and 2 to match the new change for example.

I'm perfectly ok with them 'censoring' the cleavage of an underage girl in a video game. If it gets someone that upset that a games company wants to tone down the sexualisation of a 15 year old kid (if thats even the intention with the ever so slight outfit change), they may need to seek professional help.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-28 07:26:50  
It always starts with something seemingly harmless and/or correct and it evolves from there.

This is fine. The next ones fine. The next one isn't. Frogs in boiling pots and all that.

(remember that "she" is not a "15 year old girl" "she" is a fictional character) And, that there was absolutely no problem with the outfit for decades.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 07:54:57  
Censorship issue aside,
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-28 08:19:11  
remember that "she" is not a "15 year old girl" "she" is a fictional character
yes

there was absolutely no problem with the outfit for decades
eh, the quality of animation does change the impact of a thing, and while it wasn't tomb raider triangle titties it wasn't anything near what the current gen games are

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
ephebophiles
this term just means straight male who hasn't been thoroughly brainwashed, let's be real

it's one thing to say you wouldn't date a teenager, quite another to say you don't find the general appearance of tifa/aeris physically attractive

edit: i'm not personally deciding whether the game is good or not based on how attractive or lewd the female characters are, and consider it a pretty minor component, just throwing in my opinions on that issue
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-28 11:13:39  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
it's one thing to say you wouldn't date a teenager, quite another to say you don't find the general appearance of tifa/aeris physically attractive

Aerith and Tifa are hot as ***. Flashback Tifa is notably younger looking though. Can't tell me you don't notice that
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-28 11:44:08  
Young enough that she'd be unappealing(and unethical) as a partner, not young enough to look visually unappealing. The fact there's cleavage to worry about censoring kind of cements that on it's own.

But, there are a whole lot of modern men who have to virtue signal that they'd never even look at a 15 year old, whether she's real or not.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-28 11:54:03  
Idk man, for me it really isn't virtue signaling. My mind genuinely differentiates between younger looking and mature women and younger looking ones are a turnoff. Maybe it's just me getting older but it is what it is
By RadialArcana 2024-02-28 12:11:59  
It's human nature for people to virtue signal they are better than they really are, it's in our tribal nature to pander to what other people think of us and try ingratiate ourselves into the wider group / pack. The internet just turned it upto 100 cause there are so many perceived eyes upon us.

Some of us are just anti social enough to not really care (as much)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-28 12:18:54  
The loudest virtue signalers generally have skeletons in their closet that they are trying to divert attention from.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2024-02-28 12:22:47  
"Virtue signaling", in my experience, is a term used exclusively by those who can't fathom that someone might actually BELIEVE something, and it must just be for show. Loser behavior, really. Have some convictions in your life.

And I can't believe this is something that needs said, but for the record, no, grown-*** adults shouldn't be lusting after high schoolers. Virtually everyone here is pushing 40 at a minimum, so try to contain your rapidly-approaching-middle-aged selves.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-28 12:29:17  
It really is (in this case) just virtue signaling. It's art. It's fake. This isn't 15 year old beauty pageants.

To feel some kinda way about cartoon boobs. That's not a belief. A drawing is as old as you claim it is. 6000 year old demon looks like a 12 year old, because that's the fake story I made up to go with my fictional character.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15