By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2023-06-14 13:08:38  
Wow healed to full on each WS lmao
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2023-06-14 13:16:16  
Ya I mean if the WS at Stage 5 spams 99k WSs and heals you to full and refills all of your mana then there is no choice. That is if you are only going to make one which is 6 months per weapon even you had 10000000000 Galli as things stands now.
By Hopalong 2023-06-14 13:18:24  
Am I right these weaponskill only work in Sortie or did I imagine that?
 Asura.Hotworks
By Asura.Hotworks 2023-06-14 13:24:47  
They only work in sortie until upgraded like the 75 era Dynamis Relic weapons were. But just imagine running around with 5 trusts if you are a single account player spamming 99k WSs that full heal you.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-14 13:36:10  
Asura.Hotworks said: »
They only work in sortie until upgraded like the 75 era Dynamis Relic weapons were. But just imagine running around with 5 trusts if you are a single account player spamming 99k WSs that full heal you.

Disclaimer: the guy in the video doing 99k (3k TP) WS had songs and rolls. Do not expect you will achieve these numbers with 5 trusts and no buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
By Asura.Hotworks 2023-06-14 13:40:31  
Scythe also isn't fully upgraded which I accounted for and I imagine the stage 5 being a lot stronger. And 5 trusts which for me would be Sylvie Ygnas Monbereaux Qultada and Ulmia/Cornelia. Which all give buffs?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-14 13:42:23  
I would not expect the ws to get any stronger. It is what it is.

Not counting stats and base damage going from 3>4>5 but the ws itself isn't going to get higher modifiers or more ftp or more pdl or more wsd etc
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-14 13:45:56  
Despite saying not counting base damage
3->5 364 to 400 base is quite the jump
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-14 13:47:07  
That's what "the ws itself" means
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-14 13:47:15  
And 5 trusts which for me would be Sylvie Ygnas Monbereaux Qultada and Ulmia/Cornelia. Which all give buffs?

Ygnas offers no buffs relevant to a scythe WS damage, Sylvie offers the attack bonus of a GEO who hasn't bought a Dunna yet, Monbreaux offers at best +10 to all stats, Qultada offers a very weak chaos roll (if you're lucky), and Ulmia cannot cast Minuet unless you're also using Joachim.

The guy in the video has 7200 attack, you will likely have about 3k with the trusts you listed. Maybe 3500 if your personal buffs are up.

Edit: I was wrong, Ygnas could do an attack bonus if he chooses to use the right TP move, and it lasts 60 seconds so...IDK...
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-06-14 13:50:43  
On copium but hopefully we'll have that new content to test the weapons out in a couple months when stage 4 will start popping up
By SimonSes 2023-06-14 13:59:10  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Despite saying not counting base damage
3->5 364 to 400 base is quite the jump

Not really. Its probably at least 60%STR 60%INT, so whole base damage is like 800 already? 40 more will only be 5% boost.
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-06-14 14:04:19  
It's possible that prime WS also have attack bonus modifier, that would make a lot of sense with the PDL aftermath.
By SimonSes 2023-06-14 14:07:36  
Asura.Volteczero said: »
It's possible that prime WS also have attack bonus modifier, that would make a lot of sense with the PDL aftermath.

So far Dagger WS doing 5-7k with low attack buffs wouldn't suggest that.
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-06-14 14:09:18  
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Fenrir.Velner said: »
Got the ole Greatsword Prime Stage 3 tonight. Cannot wait to give it a crack tomorrow!
update por favor. I read your post before I slept and have been checking back all throughout the work day to see what the verdict is. suspense

I can't go back into Sortie until tonight! About 9 hours from now! The anticipation is killing me!
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-06-14 14:27:14  
I can't go back into Sortie until tonight! About 9 hours from now! The anticipation is killing me!

Make it count if you're able to devote a whole run to testing.
By zixxer 2023-06-14 14:30:09  
Asura.Bynebill said: »

They do a full 8/8 boss clear melee style and Velner is the drk, so I'll assume it will be a lot more of a comprehensive real time application vs others.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-06-14 14:35:24  
Actual run is nice to see the potential power and comparative power of the weapon skills, just unfortunately unlikely to get any of the WS specific data out of one.

Of course you cant expect people to just waste runs just to collect data, so any info is welcome.
By zixxer 2023-06-14 14:40:48  
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-14 14:48:11  
It isn't going to matter much with how strong most of these are (sans maybe marksmanship but those WS are historically poor for physical dmg) but I do wonder how much of these numbers come from AM. Even with it applying to the first WS it should be simple enough to get decent data to find out.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-06-14 15:11:39  
Basically making Scythe mandatory to make
Idk about mandatory as nothing in the game requires the scythe at all. But it is what we thought which is strong I wanna see it final form.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-06-14 16:51:06  
Asura.Bynebill said: »

We run a melee setup and I play DRK in Sortie so should get a lot of numbers, if nothing else
By SimonSes 2023-06-14 16:53:10  
Im pretty sure most prime 1-2hit WS will end up like this. I expect polearm on DRG to do even more than Scythe in this video. I think they made them broken on purpose and I will be more shocked if one of them will end up being weak. Now multihits can go either way, because Im convinced they don't know how to balance multihits.

I also fully expect that h2h can be the most broken if they make it to be stronger Howling Fist, when just 2 hits will do 50-80k and any multihit proc will result in 99k even at low TP threshold.

Ok that was speculation, but I still think it's on topic, so I don't really care.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-06-14 19:54:03  
I'm a little sad there isn't a drake meme for the apoc now...
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-06-14 20:52:16  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Basically making Scythe mandatory to make
Idk about mandatory as nothing in the game requires the scythe at all. But it is what we thought which is strong I wanna see it final form.

Maybe not required, but it would be really nice to have a scythe that functions somewhat similar to Calad and Torcleaver in zerg content. The scythe weaponskills have a lot of utility and the Prime would presumably allow you to do both light and dark SCs solo and likely well too.

Where are the updated properties? Any idea if it'll infinitely skillchain with Savage Blade?
 Asura.Bynebill
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-06-14 22:25:24  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
Where are the updated properties? Any idea if it'll infinitely skillchain with Savage Blade?

Quote:
(Scythe) Origin: Absorbs HP and MP. Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Induration, Reverberation, Fusion. Foenaria: Aftermath effect varies with TP.

It will make light paired with savage blade, Prime ws > Prime ws > prime ws makes fragmentation followed by light.

Savage > Prime scythe or prime scythe > savage will make light.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-06-14 22:26:43  
Unless it doesn't have light SC properties and you are specifically on DRK to set up or close light SC, it just seems like this Prime Scythe is not only the new Calad/Torcleaver as best dps choice, but also offers nigh-invincibility with HP and MP return. Seems like it will be the go-to for sure when it's done.

Hell, I was gung-ho and excited for the staff to be able to fit on my SCH, BLM and SMN, but after seeing the 2H melee weapons and their power, it kinda seems like it might be worth doing them and swapping over to a melee setup for Sortie farming instead... will definitely be interested in seeing what the rest of my group picks because if we all do melee of some kind, I might do that. If no one else does melee, we probably won't do a melee setup, so I might go back to staff.
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-14 23:40:24  
Asura.Disclai said: »
Aramith9 posted a video using the scythe against A boss:

YouTube Video Placeholder
That weapon is like the ex-wife(apoc) that disappeared for a few years and came back with implants and a new waist.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-06-15 00:16:13  
The most useful test I saw on velner's stream with Gsword was a 3k spinning slash done twice on the same mob, Once with prime aftermath and once without.

Without was 33k damage, With aftermath was 55k. the only difference being the Lvl3 aftermath.

Granted 1 WS under each condition is not nearly enough of a sample but it was a pretty drastic difference.

Maybe simon or someone else can let us know how much PDL it would take to make a 33k spinning slash deal 55k instead, all other factors being the same. Seems like it would take an absurd amount of PDL to boost the damage that much, Spinning slash does have 50% attack power mod tho.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 67 68 69