Judge My Gravity Set, Please.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Judge my gravity set, please.
Judge my gravity set, please.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2023-06-20 20:48:54  
Dhartok is kicking my butt trying to land gravity. leading to some frustrating/embarrassing situations. I'm subbing SCH, dark arts, using Saboteur and he's just mocking me. Yes, I'm using Stymie for he opening gravity, it's the 2nd one i can't land when that wears.

Please judge my gravity set and let me know what the heck is so off. [yes obviously a +3 is better then a +2, so assume i'm working on those].

ItemSet 391506

back: JSE / mnd+20, FC+10%, macc/mdam+20, PDT-10

I've also got Contemplator+1, Lethargy Boots+3; various tons of other stuff. Don't assume there's anything I don't have or can't get easily enough outside of REMA.

Thanks.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-06-20 21:43:31  
Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Dhartok is kicking my butt trying to land gravity. leading to some frustrating/embarrassing situations. I'm subbing SCH, dark arts, using Saboteur and he's just mocking me. Yes, I'm using Stymie for he opening gravity, it's the 2nd one i can't land when that wears.

Please judge my gravity set and let me know what the heck is so off. [yes obviously a +3 is better then a +2, so assume i'm working on those].

ItemSet 391506

I've also got Contemplator+1, Lethargy Boots+3; various tons of other stuff. Don't assume there's anything I don't have or can't get easily enough outside of REMA.

Thanks.

What about something like this:

ItemSet 391677

Changes:
AF Bod and Regal should be more total macc than EMPY+2 and Malignance.
Snotra = Digni. Earring but more duration.
Acuity Belt is more macc if augmented.
NQ stinki ring. Edit: Didn't wanna assume you'd dump money on the HQ, of course it's better.

I did not mess with weapons but these are a few things that might help. Are you using macc food? Edit: You may consider carrying antacids and popping a crepe here instead of the usual fare.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-06-20 22:10:05  
I'd personally use contemplator+1 R15\Enki strap in that setup and you might also want Chironic legs with M.Acc augments. Metamorph ring +1 and Snotra Earring might also be a good idea. If you don't have obstinate sash augmented, I'd go with Acuity Belt +1. Everything else looks pretty good.

Edit: I just noticed you don't have Stikini Ring +1. I'd grab one of those as well.

Edit #2: Don't forget to frazzle!
By drakefs 2023-06-20 22:21:10  
Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
Don't forget to frazzle!

I do not think I could ever land a Frazzle on Dhartok. I tried as much MACC as I had with a Frazzle so I could land a Frazzle III and I do not think it landed once.

Our group (Melee based) just gave up on using gravity and have the PLD kite it slowly to keep it out of the poison clouds.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-06-21 01:05:17  
drakefs said: »
Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
Don't forget to frazzle!

I do not think I could ever land a Frazzle on Dhartok. I tried as much MACC as I had with a Frazzle so I could land a Frazzle III and I do not think it landed once.

Our group (Melee based) just gave up on using gravity and have the PLD kite it slowly to keep it out of the poison clouds.
I used Stymie for frazzle when I've gone in on RDM.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2023-06-27 22:03:32  
Cerberus.Natsuhiko said: »

ItemSet 391506

Thanks.

What about something like this:

ItemSet 391677

Changes:
AF Bod and Regal should be more total macc than EMPY+2 and Malignance.
Snotra = Digni. Earring but more duration.
Acuity Belt is more macc if augmented.
NQ stinki ring. Edit: Didn't wanna assume you'd dump money on the HQ, of course it's better.

I did not mess with weapons but these are a few things that might help. Are you using macc food? Edit: You may consider carrying antacids and popping a crepe here instead of the usual fare.

this is great stuff thanks.

I've looked at Atrophy+3 along with regal earring (have earring) and it seems not as strong as lethargy+3 + malignance.
atrophy3/regal = macc+70
lethargy3/malig = macc+74

For simplicity lethargy3 also adds enfeebling effect +18 which works well, not for grav, for other stuff.

Snotra earring is a great suggestion.

I'll start working Acuity +1 if my upgrades to +3 still fail. I'm trying to get reward vs time spent value, so adding an additional +5/+10 macc for such attention and gil may not be the path [but MAY BE if im still short].

Great suggestions all, thank you.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-06-28 00:56:46  
this is great stuff thanks.

I've looked at Atrophy+3 along with regal earring (have earring) and it seems not as strong as lethargy+3 + malignance.
atrophy3/regal = macc+70
lethargy3/malig = macc+74

For simplicity lethargy3 also adds enfeebling effect +18 which works well, not for grav, for other stuff.

Snotra earring is a great suggestion.

I'll start working Acuity +1 if my upgrades to +3 still fail. I'm trying to get reward vs time spent value, so adding an additional +5/+10 macc for such attention and gil may not be the path [but MAY BE if im still short].

Great suggestions all, thank you.

No problem.

Keep in mind Atrophy+Regal is 55 macc (body) + 15 macc (set bonus) + 21 skill (body).
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-06-28 06:21:25  
I assume your ML30+ but dont forget ML is going to give you a nice bump on all your stats as well. The difference in 30 levels of ML is very large
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-06-28 06:30:59  
You were probably using it already, but good macc food as well of course.
By SimonSes 2023-06-28 06:36:12  

Why not for grav? If you reduce movement more it's for sure easier to manage.

Do you use macc food? Do you have macc merited? Do you have Enfeebling magic duration merited? Also what's your setup to kill it if Stymie gravity II is wearing off >.>

I would also make a change here and use Stymie on Frazzle III with full potency/duration set. With all the duration gear/JP/mertis it should easily stay on for several reapplication of Gravity.
[+]
 Siren.Weav
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Weav 2023-06-28 07:10:07  
I have a similar set for Gravity.

I was in the same boat you are. It made no sense why I was having issues landing…

Then I checked my .lua and I found that the set wasn’t equipping.

If you don’t have it, get the add on Equipviewer and make sure that set is actually equipping during miscast.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-28 07:38:28  
Siren.Weav said: »
I have a similar set for Gravity.

I was in the same boat you are. It made no sense why I was having issues landing…

Then I checked my .lua and I found that the set wasn’t equipping.

If you don’t have it, get the add on Equipviewer and make sure that set is actually equipping during miscast.

//gs debugmode on

Much better solution than eyeballing with equipviewer tbh
[+]
 Siren.Weav
By Siren.Weav 2023-06-28 10:28:58  
I didn’t know about debugmode.

Thanks for the tip.
By Meeble 2023-06-28 11:29:29  
Augmented Aurist's cape is something like 33 INT/MND/MACC, would be a solid improvement over JSE with no dyes invested. You lose the effect+, but that's irrelevant if you can't land your spells.

I also second Chironic legs. Immunobreak +1, 13 skill, 20 m.acc natively, and augmenting for an additional 30 m.acc isn't hard to get. If you have nothing else better to do you can throw a pair at him during DM campaigns and maybe push the magic accuracy even higher.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-06-28 14:34:31  
Code
    sets.Midcast['Enfeebling Magic'] = {    main="Daybreak",    sub="Ammurapi Shield",  ammo="Regal Gem",
            head="Viti. Chapeau +3",    neck="Dls. Torque +2",  ear1="Regal Earring",   ear2="Snotra Earring",
            body="Lethargy Sayon +2",   hands="Regal Cuffs",    ring1="Kishar Ring",    ring2=Stikini_2,
            back=Macc_cape,             waist="Luminary Sash",  legs="Chironic Hose",   feet="Vitiation Boots +3",  }

This sets lands gravity on Dhartok 100% of the time even with Saboteur down. I use Oden for food because I also melee, but Tropical Crepe might be better and then you put Distract up. Empy hands when Saboteur is up, obviously.

I agree with Weav, you shouldn't really have issues landing gravity, I'd check and make sure the gear is actually getting equipped correctly.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-28 14:40:51  
Not sure if it was covered, but why no +2 neck?
 Siren.Weav
By Siren.Weav 2023-06-28 15:41:56  
Are you using Elizabet’s gear swap?
[+]
By drakefs 2023-06-28 17:36:33  
Lili said: »
Code
    sets.Midcast['Enfeebling Magic'] = {    main="Daybreak",    sub="Ammurapi Shield",  ammo="Regal Gem",
            head="Viti. Chapeau +3",    neck="Dls. Torque +2",  ear1="Regal Earring",   ear2="Snotra Earring",
            body="Lethargy Sayon +2",   hands="Regal Cuffs",    ring1="Kishar Ring",    ring2=Stikini_2,
            back=Macc_cape,             waist="Luminary Sash",  legs="Chironic Hose",   feet="Vitiation Boots +3",  }

This sets lands gravity on Dhartok 100% of the time even with Saboteur down. I use Oden for food because I also melee, but Tropical Crepe might be better and then you put Distract up. Empy hands when Saboteur is up, obviously.

I agree with Weav, you shouldn't really have issues landing gravity, I'd check and make sure the gear is actually getting equipped correctly.

What are the augs on your legs and back?
[+]
By IGDC 2023-06-28 17:54:48  
Also, what ML are you?
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2023-06-28 18:02:39  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You were probably using it already, but good macc food as well of course.

actually prior to this thread I was using rolanberry daifu, hadn't even thought to seekout something better. Switched to Tropical Crepes and it SEEMED to be a little better.

Stymie Gravi2 hit obviously. When it fell Sabeteur+Grav2 failed, but grav 1 worked right after. This was an improvement.

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Not sure if it was covered, but why no +2 neck?

gil, mostly. I have jobs of more interest to me needing attention, but I'm just trying cross over and fill the position for sortie as needed since I had so many useful items already for it and we were short.

Meeble said: »
I also second Chironic legs. Immunobreak +1, 13 skill, 20 m.acc natively, and augmenting for an additional 30 m.acc isn't hard to get. If you have nothing else better to do you can throw a pair at him during DM campaigns and maybe push the magic accuracy even higher.

After this thread I switched back to my Chironic. I have aug'd +30 macc on them.

Also finished the +3 head so that was a fine improvement.

IGDC said: »
Also, what ML are you?
On advice of counsel I have been informed not to answer this question. XD

Siren.Weav said: »
Are you using Elizabet’s gear swap?
I'm 100% vanilla.

I know everyone says that, but it's true in my case.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2023-06-28 18:12:15  
ItemSet 391824

Here's the new one following suggestions above. New food is Tropical Crepes.

I'm still holding back on Stikini Ring. I do think HQ would be a massive improvement but I honestly think the NQ isnt much better then Crepuscular and I'm not buying the HQ. Basically same goes for the waist upgrade. Too slight an adjustment UNLESS it becomes absolutely necessary.

Thanks to everyone for feedback. All good stuff here.
[+]
 Siren.Weav
By Siren.Weav 2023-06-28 18:13:33  
You should be landing Gravity 1 and 2 like 80%+ easily with that set.

If you’re vanilla, something is wrong with the the macros you are using. You’re spells are going off in your FC gear or idle gear.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-06-28 21:52:31  
drakefs said: »
What are the augs on your legs and back?
Code
    Macc_cape = { name="Sucellos's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','Mag. Acc.+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}
    Macc_legs = { name="Chironic Hose", augments={'Mag. Acc.+22 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+22','MND+11','Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+6',}},

Cape doubles as my Seraph Blade back.
Legs are a DM augment but it's not hard to get macc30 with regular stones.