Dyna D Cleaving Strategy

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Eotfofyl
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: EOTFOFYL
By Ragnarok.Eotfofyl 2023-08-04 07:53:45  
We do tank party and dd party usually. Party camps in some corner, ideally you want to line of sight them so the mages don't hang out in the back line.

RNG CORx2 GEO WHM BRD
Tank x2 RDM BRD WHM COR

Wave 1 and 2 : Tank (or blmx2) pulls 10-15 statues, sometimes more. Take to party, non pulling Tank applies hate. Once enough hate is established dds aoelian edge.

Wave 3 : Pull 2 entire groups of fetters apply hate begin aoe.

Don't die. That's about it.

Keep malaise up. Cor in Tank party can be geo. Pulling Tank uses Eva seafood with some Eva gear.

I'm at work so feel free to ask questions.

Don't die.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Eotfofyl
By Ragnarok.Eotfofyl 2023-08-04 08:07:32  
Aeolian. Pay attention to eye color as much as you can. Leaden TF when wrong colors are pulled.

Tank can start pulling before mobs are dead too.can full clear all three waves with this method.
 Ragnarok.Eotfofyl
By Ragnarok.Eotfofyl 2023-08-04 09:02:46  
Oh, kill BSTs and NINs before you aoe or you can have a bad time. We aoe the adds from the mega too.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-08-04 11:26:07  
Can cleave with BLU as well, we've done it with just BLU spamming spells and also with assigning some specific spells to certain BLU, worked out better with someone being dedicated to Entomb/Dream Flower so even if a tank lost hate the mob would get CC'd immediately after.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-04 11:27:38  
I've triplebox cleaved Dyna for a very long time now with BLU GEO COR. GEO is the tank, COR assassinates Statues before they get off TP moves. Works fine.

Rotate your CC spells and don't pull magic resistant statues. Can typically full clear wave1+2. Don't expect premium results without some trial/error and very good gear though.

Considering most people can afford to bring more than 3 people, adding a PLD or RUN for added safety net is fine. More BLUs speeds things up and would give more time for Wave 3. Other jobs are pretty unnecessary and I can't think of a good reason to bring any. Maybe RDM if you're afraid of casting fomors and don't trust your GEO to silence.
By Pantafernando 2023-08-04 12:19:42  
What CC means in this context?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-04 13:09:22  
yes, crowd control. floe/entomb/dream flower/anvil lightning. unless you have multiple BLUs and can coordinate your entombs and flowers, i wouldn't nuke unless you can immediately follow up with one or the other. If you want to get saucy you can use King of Hearts somewhere in there to have a stronger Phalanx on your GEO but to be honest that's pretty extra.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-04 13:26:59  
With that many it really wouldn't matter, things should be dying fast enough with either. Could have your mages participate with Cataclysm too if they can't use Aeolian.
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-08-04 14:34:55  
We use a BLU cleave method to clear W1 & W2 in Windurst, San d'Oria, and Bastok.

We typically only use one BLU spamming Entomb. We pick a main camp and have a tank and a few others pull. I like to use the Hippo socks here and can get really crazy on the size of the pulls. Beef up BLU and pullers defense. I usually do 4x Minne & Honor March on pullers and 3x Minne 2x March on BLU. Indi-Barrier and Geo-Malaise with BoG & Ecliptic on full time. And just go to town. There is literally no limit to how many mobs you can handle doing it like this. Have BRDs sleep pulls as they come in and while the BLU is cleaving others can work on Red Eyes ... but be careful which ones you pick. Don't want to do WHMs or Red Eyes with any other dangerous moves. Once we get to W3 we switch to a typical melee setup. We usually full clear, including W3 boss, with 15-30 minutes left.
By macsdf1 2023-08-04 23:02:12  
Yes, when I played we cleared all of jeuno, and bastok.

Bastok total clear wasn't planned or anything, I just came on blu and started aoeing for fun.

On a standard dynamis run, pld pulls a bunch, ***gets slept, cors shoot statues, dd party goes to town and melees everything dead.

But this time I came on blue and aoe'd for fun.
I was only blu, no geo debuffs or anything. I boxed a bard and whm.

I used entomb, aoe ice spell that terrors, aoe dark one that debuffs defense. The big one is the aoe gravity subduction. You can spam this with no cooldown at all.

Basically if a lot of statues up just hit burst affinity, and the ice or dark one will one shot all statues.

open with ice spell, then gravity, then dark, then sleep if you like or just walk around spamming gravity.

You should have full set of +3 empy armor for this too. For weapons I just use bunzi rod r30, and sakpata sword r30.

Keep perma aoe stoneskin on, and mighty guard for yourself or your group when you can.

Only issues you will have are the ninja can blow up if the melees aren't on point and killing them before they get under 25% life.

You will blow up all the thief and pld mobs, cause your nukes will still *** them up.

Some sleepgas will get off too, but entomb and the terror can take care of it mostly. Silent storm aoe silence works too.

But yeah, full cleared all of bastok like this unplanned. Full clear means everything wave 1-3 including final boss. Stopped going to dyna cause peeps complained about my AOEing shrug. But it does work.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-08-04 23:40:02  
I remember being the BLU in AoE strat just before Wave 3 was released. I remember it being viable and fast DPS as macsdf1 said, but I also remember the support being really stressed out.

Sometimes pulls would happen in the middle of the re-singing songs on DDs. Sometimes statues wouldn't be prioritized/killed quickly enough and their stomps would stun people.

There's a narrow window on every pull, where if everything is done correftly in succession you can keep going/pulling/killing continuously. Back then, it was easy to lose momentum but a full clear of wave 1 and 2 was possible. I can see that Wave 3 is possible too and maybe it's a lot more achievable now with Empy+3 gear and such.
VIP
By Lili 2023-08-05 14:38:41  
macsdf1 said: »
bunzi rod r30

haha

By Jetackuu 2023-08-05 15:27:09  
KujahFoxfire said: »
Has anyone ever successfully cleaved dyna? I've been hearing rumours of groups aoeing all 3 waves and was wondering what kind of strats/WS were being used given statue colors and WS wall exist.

Any info would be appreciated ^^

Personally I'd have the blus tank and focus both parties on AOE DDing. Just have to watch for eye colors, the random ninja booms and charm. If you can pull off 2 even parties you can stagger a bit and go different directions and clear most zones real fast. Obviously it varies on the people in the party etc.

Just remember stuff can still go south and it's always a good idea to plan accordingly as to not waste a lot of time recovering. While #liveforever is cute, charm or multiple booms can be devastating.
By DrGonzo 2023-08-05 18:39:28  
KujahFoxfire said: »
Has anyone ever successfully cleaved dyna? I've been hearing rumours of groups aoeing all 3 waves and was wondering what kind of strats/WS were being used given statue colors and WS wall exist.

Any info would be appreciated ^^
Weve been getting people clears on bahamut with a.edge spam a few times so mightve been us.

We can basically do it with like 6-8 people, COR x2, THF, GEO, BRD, healer. Extra party has a tank/healer. Geo cataclysms, thf also edges, only pull on magic weakness. CORs are basically doing the heavy lifting but if you have a absolutely jacked GEO they will wreck ***too. Comp is a bit flexible, BLU can be used, gastra RNG too.

BTW Im assuming everyones geared proper, nyame RP'd, DT to survive ninjas, has no accuracy issues on W3 (but might swap out a roll for hunters), iGeo, perfect bard setup, etc.