フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » dusk boots or assassin's poulaines
dusk boots or assassin's poulaines
 Fenrir.Mugeded
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: bert92020
By Fenrir.Mugeded 2009-11-05 11:17:52  
i would say this
between the two boots i'd say stick with assassin's boots for now, until you get homam feet,
and if you are looking to save gil just wait for homam, i know this is kinda off the topic. but assassin's boots is free and i rather spent gil doing limbus rather than boots that cost over 100k.
 Bahamut.Yaruary
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Yaruary
By Bahamut.Yaruary 2009-11-05 11:57:44  
Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Honestly, if you can't get Homam (MAYBE Enkidu's), then THF really isn't the job for you.

Glad someone said it! Cuz i was thinking it. If you are going to just take the easy way out then dont bother. Homam or Enkidu's really require a minimal investment as compaired to a lot of the other "good" gear a thf should have. Meaning you dont need abj's or hundred's of thousands of gil for cursed/-1 armor or multi million gil purchased items. So honestly if you arent willing to invest any time in a job then why bother? But i guess if you just want thf for some TH for farming then to each his own.

For the OP dusk over relic. But honestly neither are a good or RESPECTABLE option.

you mean with that you wont respect any thf who havent got all the friends needed for get those 2 options? lol
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-11-05 12:11:21  
Bahamut.Yaruary said:
Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Honestly, if you can't get Homam (MAYBE Enkidu's), then THF really isn't the job for you.

Glad someone said it! Cuz i was thinking it. If you are going to just take the easy way out then dont bother. Homam or Enkidu's really require a minimal investment as compaired to a lot of the other "good" gear a thf should have. Meaning you dont need abj's or hundred's of thousands of gil for cursed/-1 armor or multi million gil purchased items. So honestly if you arent willing to invest any time in a job then why bother? But i guess if you just want thf for some TH for farming then to each his own.

For the OP dusk over relic. But honestly neither are a good or RESPECTABLE option.

you mean with that you wont respect any thf who havent got all the friends needed for get those 2 options? lol

He means your original post should have been about you recruiting for your CoP missions rather than asking for opinions about one mediocre piece of gear and one unacceptably bad piece of gear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Yaruary
By Bahamut.Yaruary 2009-11-05 12:34:52  
i thought this part of forum was for talk about thf,no matter how mediocre or bad could be a piece,if you dont like my post, or think is its stupid pls dont post on it, and no this post shouldnt be about any recruit for cop, this post was a question about a mediocre piece and one bad piece,if havent got respect for others i repeat dont post here, that would be apreciated.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 12:46:28  
dusk+1 with killer augments homam or gfto!
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2009-11-05 13:02:47  
Bahamut.Yaruary said:

I mean that if you are not going to try to gear the job to the appropriately because it is too much effort then why level it at all?

Idc honestly. If you want to be a sub par thf by all means limit yourself to those 2 pieces of gear and dont bother persuing anything else. Its just sad to see people who dont want to open their eyes and see the potential a job really has. I personally hate being lumped into a group because people dont do the job right. I dont even bother to seek merit pts on thf anymore because everyone has a preconcieved notion that thf cannot deal out good dmg. Its people who dont explore every option that create these notions. Thf can be a very decent DD if geared properly.

But again to each his own. If you dont care then wear either one cuz it really wont matter.
 Bahamut.Yaruary
By Bahamut.Yaruary 2009-11-05 13:30:37  
Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
Bahamut.Yaruary said:

I mean that if you are not going to try to gear the job to the appropriately because it is too much effort then why level it at all?

Idc honestly. If you want to be a sub par thf by all means limit yourself to those 2 pieces of gear and dont bother persuing anything else. Its just sad to see people who dont want to open their eyes and see the potential a job really has. I personally hate being lumped into a group because people dont do the job right. I dont even bother to seek merit pts on thf anymore because everyone has a preconcieved notion that thf cannot deal out good dmg. Its people who dont explore every option that create these notions. Thf can be a very decent DD if geared properly.

But again to each his own. If you dont care then wear either one cuz it really wont matter.

who said i dont put effort on that? atm one tier III didnt give me the drop,i just asked the 2 things i can have now,in this moment,cause i really want to maximize my job, i have a eva set up , a ws set up, and want to have a tp set up, but with the things i can have,if i dont play since so much time as you,dont mean i dont like my job, or want to maximize it,just mean i dont have the time to get the proper things for it as you had,or i dont have the same time to play as you,what should i do then ? dont wear nothing on my boots till i get the things you say?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-05 13:38:01  
Holy hell, the douchebaggery in this thread. People talk about the BG gimp thread, I have never seen somebody posted there for using Dusk Ledelsens. There is something in this game called gear progression, and some of you seem to have forgotten it.

To answer the original question, Dusk Ledelsens > Assassin's Poulaines for TP, work on getting better items.
[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-11-07 03:55:21  
I used <3 the poulaines when I got them in like 04 or 05. But really it comes down to this.

The way the math works out,
AF2 Feet (triple+1%) will /never/ give more than 2% hits/time
Dusk will /always/ (assuming you're not slowed) give more than 2% hits/time

If you need a math breakdown just let me know, but it is a really simple comparison.
[+]
 Unicorn.Frisk
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Frisk
By Unicorn.Frisk 2009-11-07 05:53:14  
Unicorn.Idevlboy said:

If you want to be a sub par thf by all means limit yourself to those 2 pieces of gear and dont bother persuing anything else. Its just sad to see people who dont want to open their eyes and see the potential a job really has. I personally hate being lumped into a group because people dont do the job right. I dont even bother to seek merit pts on thf anymore because everyone has a preconcieved notion that thf cannot deal out good dmg. Its people who dont explore every option that create these notions. Thf can be a very decent DD if geared properly.

christ i love when ***players spew ***
nice DRK sets, balmung really? go get an algol or naglering
you WS in a victory ring and spike earring aswel?
nice fourth division hands for TPing on DRK
asuran in enk sub?
does your woman still chiblast in moldy earring too?

follow your own logic and dont level new jobs, infact go and quit the game
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
サーバ: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-07 07:54:29  
Unicorn.Frisk said:
Unicorn.Idevlboy said:

If you want to be a sub par thf by all means limit yourself to those 2 pieces of gear and dont bother persuing anything else. Its just sad to see people who dont want to open their eyes and see the potential a job really has. I personally hate being lumped into a group because people dont do the job right. I dont even bother to seek merit pts on thf anymore because everyone has a preconcieved notion that thf cannot deal out good dmg. Its people who dont explore every option that create these notions. Thf can be a very decent DD if geared properly.

christ i love when ***players spew ***
nice DRK sets, balmung really? go get an algol or naglering
you WS in a victory ring and spike earring aswel?
nice fourth division hands for TPing on DRK
asuran in enk sub?
does your woman still chiblast in moldy earring too?

follow your own logic and dont level new jobs, infact go and quit the game

/clap

and to answer op.. do whatever you feel is right for your game, *** what other people think. the haste information davsa was pretty straight forward and accurate, so you pretty much have your concrete answers as to whats +/-.
it comes down to YOU though in the end.. take into consideration your budget, the usefulness to the job/jobs you play regularly, the time/effort something may be worth getting to you. everyone plays ffxi differently, and it annoys the ***outta me that so many people assume they play the same... anyone with the attitude "its this forever or gtfo" needs to be dragged in the street and shot in the face imo.
thinking everyone can just as easily get whatever they want in game is just like thinking anyone can be whatever they want to be in real life...
and it simply just does not always work that way.