This Is Pain..

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » This is pain..
This is pain..
First Page 2
 Asura.Karppa
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-11-01 14:37:53  
Well I do want vere to my monk..but little did I know how annoying farming buds could be..
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-01 15:38:22  
In before h2h arguments ensue

God hands God hands God hands!
But make them all!

That being said vere are great for white damage and for things like Alexander or when you are able to use vsmite a lot

God hands will out preform any time you can self sc without interruptions especially if footwork is involved.
Store tp helps with this and the tp bonus pushes raging fists, TK/dk howling fists to higher levels

It's too early to say but the prime at stage 4 was hitting/critting about as hard or harder then my r15 vere.
* The other player had stage 4, same buffs including ja's, very close engaged sets

**This evidence is anecdotal, your milage may vary.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-01 15:41:16  
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-01 15:48:07  
Asura.Karppa said: »
Well I do want vere to my monk..but little did I know how annoying farming buds could be..

Preach. Between my main and mules, I got 36 buds from the one time they had empy weapon trial items available via login points last year. I waited until this year to see if it would come around again so I could skip Chloris entirely but it never happened, so ended up farming the last 14 I needed to finish Redemption.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-01 16:02:52  
I made Redemption back in the day, long before ilvl. Mostly as a duo, and we also did Glavoid. That is pain! Doing either nowadays is very easy. Yes, it is annoying with the amount of key items needed, but with some persistence it will be over before you know it.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-11-01 16:28:09  
The worst is the corpselight nm that keeps reraising.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-11-01 17:19:16  
The key is to collect them around other stuff you're doing. If you're doing it all in one shot, collecting 50 of anything sucks and is tedious as ***
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-11-01 17:25:04  
I have Godhands/Sphrai my other char allready but that delay..sucks...well getting these too :D
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-01 17:50:54  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
The key is to collect them around other stuff you're doing. If you're doing it all in one shot, collecting 50 of anything sucks and is tedious as ***
filthy casual
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-11-01 17:54:59  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
In before h2h arguments ensue
Seconded. No real desire to open that can of worms unless its on the main jobguide page.

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
God hands will out preform any time you can self sc without interruptions especially if footwork is involved.
Unsure about this one. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe its been firmly mathed some years ago that Vereth will still outperform Godhands as long as Impetus is up? The difference was very minor if I remember correctly and it was recommended for the user to use Godhands when Impetus was down for maximum DPS (Even though its annoying as all hell)
From my own experiences this holds up true and I even find it a little easier to SC with Vereth with the lower delay (I know this is incorrect, it just *Feels* like I could miss the window on the 4th WS on Godhands if I get an unlucky MultiAttack round lol)

HOWEVER
I'm operating on older information here, I came back for a few months after a long Hiatus and basically only have some MLs and Empy +3 to my name so if any of the Gaol gears have an impact on this, I'm way out of the loop.

I would say its worth the grind for the Verethragna, should still be slightly better than Godhands for general purpose Fisting unless Radiance is required and I have no earthly clue about the Prime weapon.

As previously stated, your mileage may vary.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-11-01 18:11:58  
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-01 18:26:50  
^ What a dreamboat. RIP Swayze.
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-11-01 19:09:12  
Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
^ What a dreamboat. RIP Swayze.
Also I would like to you guys remember Andy Witfield season 1 Spartacus..most of best series what I have seen so far..well opinions are like asholes everyone have 1 XD
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-11-01 20:16:21  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
filthy casual

I haven't played since July :(
I jumped to CoD for the first time ever (Honestly hadn't played one ever til Warzone 2), and somehow being called racist stuff and being told by 12 year old sounding kids that they banged my mom felt like a relief compared to waiting for that banger 20th Vana'versary... anything.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-11-01 20:20:49  
Asura.Karppa said: »
Andy Witfield season 1 Spartacus

Oh Andy - he was Spartacus. Beautiful season.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-01 22:58:33  
I jumped to CoD for the first time ever (Honestly hadn't played one ever til Warzone 2), and somehow being called racist stuff and being told by 12 year old sounding kids that they banged my mom felt like a relief compared to waiting for that banger 20th Vana'versary... anything.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-02 01:43:18  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I made Redemption back in the day, long before ilvl. Mostly as a duo, and we also did Glavoid. That is pain! Doing either nowadays is very easy. Yes, it is annoying with the amount of key items needed, but with some persistence it will be over before you know it.
Or you can make a bunch of mules in the next free campaign and only activate them when glavoid shells are in the login campaign, the casual routes are endless.

And no red proc or multibox needed
 Cerberus.Doctagonzo
By Cerberus.Doctagonzo 2023-11-02 09:52:53  
You can amber farm for the KIs and get all your chloris buds in a few days of farming. Im surprised no one here has commented this yet.

Cap amber and azure lights on the dragons by #3, then round up scorpions (they aggro sound), and aeolean edge them. You will get the 4 KIs you need to spawn chloris (this also works for glavoid) out of the chests. I think I averaged around 2 chloris buds per hour.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-02 10:14:50  
Cleaving solo for all KI's in Tahrongi seems like such a waste. WAY too many opportunities to waste KI's.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-11-02 10:18:12  
Cleaving is good if you have 3+ characters. Cleave until everyone has most KI, then go farm the rest and pop it all.

With 1 character, you're generally better off red proccing individual NMs because otherwise you might spend 35 min waiting on just one KI. You can always cap amber and cleave the trash mobs while doing it, and maybe get some KIs you'll use in the process.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-11-02 10:19:46  

Getting shot by homelander, Then turned into pink mist by nicki minaj just to get roundhouse kicked by 21 savage was enough for me to uninstall.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-11-02 10:22:29  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Or you can make a bunch of mules in the next free campaign and only activate them when glavoid shells are in the login campaign, the casual routes are endless.

And no red proc or multibox needed

they'd have better luck waiting for the super awesome hidden 20th Anniversary finale. they haven't run that particular Login Campaign set in a long *** time, and I highly doubt we shall see its return anytime in the near future.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-02 10:42:32  
fillerbunny9 said: »
they'd have better luck waiting for the super awesome hidden 20th Anniversary finale. they haven't run that particular Login Campaign set in a long *** time, and I highly doubt we shall see its return anytime in the near future.
April 2015 - Repeat Login Campaign No. 22
August 2015 - Repeat Login Campaign No. 26
June 2016 - Repeat Login Campaign No. 36
June 2017 - Repeat Login Campaign No. 48
March 2018 - Repeat Login Campaign No. 57
September 2018 - Repeat Login Campaign No. 63
March 2019 - Repeat Login Campaign No. 69
July 2022 - Campaign No.109

People waiting for it gotta stop holding their breath.

I get that creating free accounts during free login costs nothing but time, but I'd bet the farm emp items dont show up in 2024.
 Cerberus.Doctagonzo
By Cerberus.Doctagonzo 2023-11-02 11:59:16  
I already wiped my tears off with Verethragna.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-02 12:24:25  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Cleaving is good if you have 3+ characters. Cleave until everyone has most KI, then go farm the rest and pop it all.

With 1 character, you're generally better off red proccing individual NMs because otherwise you might spend 35 min waiting on just one KI. You can always cap amber and cleave the trash mobs while doing it, and maybe get some KIs you'll use in the process.
Thats how I see it too. The Chloris flowchart absolutely sucks, then pile on how nothing is next to each other:
Clionid and Limule NM (Conf 1) for a pop item that isnt 100%, paired with Hecteye (Conf 3) pop item to spawn KI NM
Corpselight NM (Conf 4) for a pop item that isnt 100%, paired with bat (Conf 2) pop item to spawn KI NM.
Mandy NM (Conf 2) for a pop item that isnt 100%, paired with scorp (Conf 4, but running may be quicker) to spawn KI NM.
Chukwa all the way in the NW corner (Conf 6) for timed NM.
Between all the travel and pop item farming, I cant imagine that takes less than 30 minutes.

Its atrocious, but if you're sitting on bat + scorp + turtle KI's, you could spend another 30 minutes cleaving for nothing, watching more bat/scorp/turtle KI's hit the floor instead of just doing the leg work for the clionid/limule NM's and proccing the hecteyes for the last KI.

But most importantly, if you're gonna cleave Tahrongi, you might as well kill those Glavoids.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-02 12:45:11  
Agree with all of what Nynja said, this thing sucks to farm and if you're cleaving you can easily end up with a bunch of non-gold boxes, or gold boxes with the wrong things in them.

The other problem is that everything is so spread out. You can cleave the sandworms, but they're spread across like 4 squares of the map, ditto the turtles, mandies, most of the mobs are all over the place. Best cleave is maybe the bats? But those are still pretty spread out. It sucks to cleave there. Compare this to any enemies in Misareaux/Vunkerl/Altepa/Uleguerand etc. it's not even close.
By suuhja 2023-11-02 19:22:59  
I cleave the jaguarundi's (sp?) they're pretty close to one another and easy to watch the worm and the gnat timed pops on wide scan.
By Hopalong 2023-11-02 21:24:29  
I've done Twashtar, Masamune, Almace, Armagheddon, and Ochain.

The worst part was always the nm hunt before abyssea for me.

Hunting the Abyssea nm items was always a fun process. Thf/war, learn the cycle of nms and use widescan etc and its fun.

Unfortunately, after the "game part" you have to pay the piper with heavy metals then riftborn.

I'd do an Empy over a Mythic any day of the week.
First Page 2