FFXI, Horizon, Conflict, Renaissance, And You.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » HorizonXI » FFXI, Horizon, Conflict, Renaissance, and You.
FFXI, Horizon, Conflict, Renaissance, and You.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
 Asura.Toeknee
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2023-12-26 02:25:51  
'you're a masochist and you game bad because you enjoy something i don't'

????

who cares, what's the end goal? yes retail is a vastly superior game, but some people like the inferior version. it doesn't matter what you think is better, you're clearly not the target audience. the only concept that's not being understood is you not getting the very basic concept that people like different things and their just voicing their love for said thing.

the change of pace and differences between the game (and all MMO's) 15 years ago and now is interesting and it'd actually make for a fun discussion considering we've all been around for all the changes/pservers/new games etc. ya'll just keep going on these unhinged rants about what is and isn't the proper way and era to play a game
By ilugmat 2023-12-26 05:07:25  
Once you've said what you wanted to say it's time to just tap out and stop caring about these horizon threads, if anyone want to play in some guys bedroom server where they can read all your chat logs let them do it.

Ultimately, all that is really happening is you're just keeping the thread bumped and effectively just advertising the server on the primary forum for XI on the daily. Which is what they want.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-26 05:58:58  
Asura.Toeknee said: »
'you're a masochist and you game bad because you enjoy something i don't'

????

who cares, what's the end goal? yes retail is a vastly superior game, but some people like the inferior version. it doesn't matter what you think is better, you're clearly not the target audience. the only concept that's not being understood is you not getting the very basic concept that people like different things and their just voicing their love for said thing.

the change of pace and differences between the game (and all MMO's) 15 years ago and now is interesting and it'd actually make for a fun discussion considering we've all been around for all the changes/pservers/new games etc. ya'll just keep going on these unhinged rants about what is and isn't the proper way and era to play a game

People can obviously like whatever the hell they want. Coming in here and saying Horizon is more of a challenge than retail etc is downright false information though. Also who is ranting in an unhinged way? I see mainly calm discussion here?

ilugmat said: »
Once you've said what you wanted to say it's time to just tap out and stop caring about these horizon threads, if anyone want to play in some guys bedroom server where they can read all your chat logs let them do it.

Ultimately, all that is really happening is you're just keeping the thread bumped and effectively just advertising the server on the primary forum for XI on the daily. Which is what they want.

Unfortunately that was always going to be the case the minute this subforum was opened here. I don't personally go to the Horizon discord and ***all over Horizon and say it's easy and all that nonsense.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-12-26 12:31:36  
K123 said: »
I'd say raging and shitting on people saying they're enjoying themselves is a far dumber thing to be doing than grinding exp on horizon

Except nobody is doing that. If Horizon stans stopped at "I enjoy grinding in Horizon" there'd be no -real- issues. It's when they try to slip in, "..and it's objectively better than anything retail has to offer", you get the hate of the masses.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-12-26 12:50:51  
The idea that it's harder is ridiculous, too. It's grindier, sure, in some ways. But, you objectively cannot defend the idea that it's harder.. your ability list, movement speed, TP gain speed, and available fast cast cut your max APM to half or less what they are in retail. You are literally doing less in every fight you partake in. By definition, it cannot be harder.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-12-26 14:30:42  
No one cared about Horizon until they A. Got a board on this site and B. Spammed streamers and everyone checking out the game becsuse of the 14 raid series. You notice how no one is yelling about any of the other private servers? It's like furries yelling about how they're a marginalized class while dry humping each other in front of kids. "Shut up about it and no one will give a ***.:
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2023-12-26 16:05:21  
imagine being scragg and giving 0 *** about what the 9 people who post non stop horizon hate think
 Asura.Gweivyth
user: gweiv
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-26 20:36:08  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
The idea that it's harder is ridiculous, too. It's grindier, sure, in some ways. But, you objectively cannot defend the idea that it's harder.. your ability list, movement speed, TP gain speed, and available fast cast cut your max APM to half or less what they are in retail. You are literally doing less in every fight you partake in. By definition, it cannot be harder.
Hell I wouldn't even argue that it's grindier either, trying to play catch up to everyone who has been playing non stop has basically been a full time job.
By fillerbunny9 2023-12-26 21:05:34  
GetHelpNerd said: »
imagine being scragg and giving 0 *** about what the 9 people who post non stop horizon hate think
imagine being a Horizon player so desperate to proselytize the private server, that they request a board for it on a site catering to retail players.
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2023-12-26 21:16:02  
pretty sure it was already addressed that this wasn't requested but who knows which locked thread that was in
By fillerbunny9 2023-12-26 21:27:42  
oh right, it was someone from a supposedly different private server. it's an easy mistake to make though, since the Horizon stans won't shut up about it everywhere else on the internet.
[+]
 Asura.Gweivyth
user: gweiv
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-26 21:53:45  
The weird thinh is that it may not have even been an actual staff member of any server, we used to get a lot of weirdos who would pretend to be staff on Wings and Eden to...clout chase I guess? Not even really sure what the point is but it happened at least once a month.
By K123 2023-12-27 01:59:21  
It's an MMO. The hardness comes from dealing with people within constraints.

Any notion that retail FFXI has ever been about anything more than play time spent to accomplish goals is ridiculous too. Anyone that never realised more time = more accomplished is practically the only factor that ever mattered in FFXI is deluded and only making themselves feel better about all the time spent on it by telling themselves they were "skilled".

Beyond that it was all bots, hacks, addons, automated play, and mass multiboxing. Not to mention 90% of people on Asura (the only active server) buy shitloads of gil.

When you take out PLing, multiboxing, afk botting, buying gil, etc. Horizon is a harder game.
By K123 2023-12-27 02:01:56  
Tarage said: »
No one cared about Horizon until they A. Got a board on this site and B. Spammed streamers and everyone checking out the game becsuse of the 14 raid series. You notice how no one is yelling about any of the other private servers? It's like furries yelling about how they're a marginalized class while dry humping each other in front of kids. "Shut up about it and no one will give a ***.:
Yeah I never heard of Horizon until I saw it on FFXIAH.

A couple of things though - graphics by default are better on Horizon than retail, and the launcher is infinitely faster and more enjoyable. Why can't SE just fix these things without pulling *** excuses?
 Bahamut.Vethric
サーバ: Bahamut
user: fusional
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-27 02:27:40  
When you take out PLing, multiboxing, afk botting, buying gil, etc. Horizon is a harder game.

would love to see the average horizoners take a stab at ody v25s when they can barely handle Adamantoise. any notion of horizon being more difficult comes from the perspective of people who don't use gearsets and think bloodtanking should be the dominant meta (because they're too bad/cheap/lazy to sub nin)

sure, sure, everything probably seems insanely difficult when you play an already-solved game in the dumbest ways possible because it's the exact same way you remember playing it when you were 13
By K123 2023-12-27 02:33:23  
Anyone playing FFXI at 13 had bad parents. I met a 10 year old girl once too.
By Tarage 2023-12-27 02:45:58  
You know what? I take back everything. I'm sorry for everything I said. I hope you continue to enjoy Horizon and I won't post anymore.
[+]
By K123 2023-12-27 02:46:03  
Bahamut.Vethric said: »

would love to see the average horizoners take a stab at ody v25s when they can barely handle Adamantoise. any notion of horizon being more difficult comes from the perspective of people who don't use gearsets and think bloodtanking should be the dominant meta (because they're too bad/cheap/lazy to sub nin)

sure, sure, everything probably seems insanely difficult when you play an already-solved game in the dumbest ways possible because it's the exact same way you remember playing it when you were 13
P.S. I've done all T1+T2 and half of T3 v25 Ody in pick up groups... the T3s I haven't done have mostly been bad luck, with pure luck being a major factor as everyone attests to on this forum.
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-27 02:50:56  
currently watching a full alliance (with like a whole party of extra bodies) wiping to Fafnir. the dragon you don't need more than ~8 people for.

it's not that horizon is harder. it's that the average Horizon Andy is dogsh*t, full stop
By K123 2023-12-27 03:03:05  
currently watching a full alliance (with like a whole party of extra bodies) wiping to Fafnir. the dragon you don't need more than ~8 people for.

it's not that horizon is harder. it's that the average Horizon Andy is dogsh*t, full stop
I'm not commenting on end game. I'm level 12.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2023-12-27 03:13:33  
Tarage said: »
You know what? I take back everything. I'm sorry for everything I said. I hope you continue to enjoy Horizon and I won't post anymore.
we finally reached 1 boys! Bless you good ser (or ma'am)
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-27 03:18:45  

i mean if you're arguing that leveling thf to 75 in that era is 'harder' than 99 in modern retail, sure, that is objectively true for a lot of reasons

but playing thf at 99 in modern retail is much 'harder' than playing thf at 75 in era, for a lot of reasons

anyway, mostly i'm saying if anyone thinks the average Horizoner could even clear this month's V1VD ambuscade that is some serious cope. they can barely handle Kirin's baby gods
By K123 2023-12-27 03:24:29  

i mean if you're arguing that leveling thf to 75 in that era is 'harder' than 99 in modern retail, sure, that is objectively true for a lot of reasons

but playing thf at 99 in modern retail is much 'harder' than playing thf at 75 in era, for a lot of reasons

anyway, mostly i'm saying if anyone thinks the average Horizoner could even clear this month's V1VD ambuscade that is some serious cope. they can barely handle Kirin's baby gods
I don't really understand your rambling. All I know is I looked on your profile and 100% of posts are on threads related to Horizon, so I don't you what this says about you.
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-27 04:26:24  
I don't really understand your rambling. All I know is I looked on your profile and 100% of posts are on threads related to Horizon, so I don't you what this says about you.

cool projection, chief. are you feeling insecure about your own post history? maybe now that you've run out of constructive arguments (if there ever were any in the first place) it's time to go back to your dunes struggle parties. if that's what you think is the 'hardest part of ffxi' i know exactly what this says about you :)
By K123 2023-12-27 04:59:23  

cool projection, chief. are you feeling insecure about your own post history? maybe now that you've run out of constructive arguments (if there ever were any in the first place) it's time to go back to your dunes struggle parties. if that's what you think is the 'hardest part of ffxi' i know exactly what this says about you :)
Ok sir. Did you make this account for the sole purpose of hating on Horizon? Or to tell us how content which can be pugged is epic hard for you?
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-12-27 05:49:40  
He obviously made the account to hate on Horizon, but doesn't change his point. Let's see a single Horizon stan with R30 Nyame, or even Bumba V25 access. No, getting your T2s in shout and exaggerating about your T3s doesn't count for anything. My impression is that anyone who moved over to Horizon just to call it 'hard' felt bad they couldn't stay up to date on retail and want to add some accomplishment to perception of Horizon because their life is empty.

There are perfectly reasonable arguments in favor of Horizon.
-Less cheating
-More real people playing, less multiboxing
-Slower gameplay that doesn't require you to tryhard
-Nostalgia

Difficulty is not, and never will be, one of them.

An addendum: There is nothing wrong with enjoying easy games. You can play through a RPG on story difficulty just to enjoy the story without engaging your brain/motor skills. It doesn't make you less of a man. Most serious gamers would consider retail XI easy, too. It's just no comparison to how simple 75 era is.
[+]
By K123 2023-12-27 06:25:32  
He obviously made the account to hate on Horizon, but doesn't change his point. Let's see a single Horizon stan with R30 Nyame, or even Bumba V25 access. No, getting your T2s in shout and exaggerating about your T3s doesn't count for anything. My impression is that anyone who moved over to Horizon just to call it 'hard' felt bad they couldn't stay up to date on retail and want to add some accomplishment to perception of Horizon because their life is empty.

There are perfectly reasonable arguments in favor of Horizon.
-Less cheating
-More real people playing, less multiboxing
-Slower gameplay that doesn't require you to tryhard
-Nostalgia

Difficulty is not, and never will be, one of them.

An addendum: There is nothing wrong with enjoying easy games. You can play through a RPG on story difficulty just to enjoy the story without engaging your brain/motor skills. It doesn't make you less of a man.
Hard isn't the right word, I agree, but it does feel more rewarding than retail. Retail = get a job burned to 99 in a couple of hours, mastered afk or paying RMT bots, then Master levelled the same way. Bot gil or buy it, do your dailies like a good ***, then go back to grinding mundane (sortie) or luck-based (Ody) content. Neither are hard, and FFXI retail is extremely rewarding up to a point. Beyond that point if you want to compete you either bot more gil and M levels or buy gil and pay for them, then go back to grinding dumb content.

Neither are hard, neither require skill more so than they require time played, neither are truly good uses of our lives, etc. but if the ultimate aim of playing video games is enjoyment and happiness, then shitting on people for enjoying something you don't is beyond dumb.

I enjoyed 100s of hours on Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. Would I be hated for that, or is it just Horizon people will hate on like this? I think it says more about those posters than Horizon.
[+]
By K123 2023-12-27 06:27:58  
I'd be playing something other than Horizon if I thought there was anything out there worth playing that I would like. Refuse to play FFXIII, FFXIV, FFXV, and probably wouldn't play FFXVI. I tried KH3 and couldn't stand it, played Octopath Traveller but it was very grindy and didn't see point in playing the 2nd game.

I only really like RPG and Tactical RPG outside of Halo so it's pretty slim pickings.
By Nariont 2023-12-27 06:28:44  
Retail = get a job burned to 99 in a couple of hours, mastered afk or paying RMT bots, then Master levelled the same way

No, that's how you choose to play retail. Not every server is asura/bahamut and you could choose to not use those methods anytime.

A horizon player could just smn burn themselves to 75, same outcome.
[+]
By K123 2023-12-27 06:32:41  
There's no point not to play that way when it's easier to make gil than level a job. That humans will go for the path of least resistance has been discussed endlessly on this forum.

I wondered about SMN burning, are people doing that in Horizon or was it prevented somehow? I expected it wouldn't be allowed even if it was possible in old retail.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11