Fast Cast Set For Locked Weapon?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Fast Cast set for locked weapon?
Fast Cast set for locked weapon?
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-04-19 15:07:24  
I'm picking up stage 5 Opashoro shortly, made it for SMN but I'm trying to figure out if I can use it effectively on SCH as well.

In terms of nukes I'm thinking I'll just swap Empy body to Agwu body to recover the magic burst damage I lose from Bunzi's Rod, and it should be an upgrade. I should be able to do that whether I utilize aftermath or not.

Where I'm struggling is the fast cast set if I decide to lock weapon and try to get AM3 to really get the benefit of the weapon.

My current FC set has 69% without weapon/sub:
ItemSet 395447

I'd like to keep both grimoire pieces in (the head & feet) but I was recently made aware that grimoire casting time is capped at 15% (25% total including the 10% native bonus) while the pieces give you 12% and 13% so in practice one piece isn't much different from two. The second piece just gets you an extra 2-3%.

First question: Can anyone confirm if this is true? Is there truly not much value in running both of the grimoire pieces? I trust the source of the info, but I haven't been able to find any tests.

Second question: Even if I drop one of the two, it doesn't get me 11% so I'm still under the FC cap. There are several headpieces with 10% so that gets me 1% short. It also drops the larger of the two grimoire pieces, the head is 13% while the feet which I'd be keeping are only 12%. Does anyone have any better ideas for this? Hopefully I'm overlooking some juicy fast cast pieces somewhere.

(Please don't suggest /RDM. My main use for SCH right now is Sortie which I go /DRK for.)
By Meeble 2024-04-19 15:15:22  
HQ Pinga Body is +2% over Zendik, IIRC.
 Fenrir.Svens
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2024-04-19 15:16:14  
Can augment Merlinic head/feet with FC+7 using fern to get +15/12 respectively if you swap one of them.
[+]
By K123 2024-04-19 15:17:06  
You can get +7% FC on head or feet merlinic to replace a grimoire piece
By fillerbunny9 2024-04-19 15:45:06  
Amalric Coif +1 has 11%, is relatively painless to obtain, and doesn't involve throwing rocks at Oseem.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-04-19 19:38:22  
Oh I somehow overlooked Amalric head. I already carry that so it's not even inventory+1. Good call, thanks!

Still interested if anybody knows of a way to do it while keeping both the relic head & AF feet, but I'm thinking it's not possible.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-19 20:42:56  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Still interested if anybody knows of a way to do it while keeping both the relic head & AF feet, but I'm thinking it's not possible.

Depends if you're in Sheol: Gaol but um...sub RDM?

As an aside: wondering how Light Arts/Dark Arts interact with FC, additively? If so, unless you're casting spells opposite of your arts, you're already at the cap with the set and recommendations?

Head/Feet: Relic/AF
Body: 15%
Hands: 9%
Legs: 13%
Neck: 5%
Ear: 4%
Ear2: 2%
Ring: 4%
Ring2: 2%
Ammo: 2%
Waist: 5%
Back: 10%
71% plus 10% in arts.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-04-21 15:45:18  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
As an aside: wondering how Light Arts/Dark Arts interact with FC, additively? If so, unless you're casting spells opposite of your arts, you're already at the cap with the set and recommendations?
It's completely separate. It effectively lets you go beyond 80%. WHM/SCH with Light Arts and capped fast cast for example will be at 82% just from the native Light Arts bonus.

Edit: This also includes any grimoire bonuses like the "Grimoire: Spellcasting time -13%" on relic head. That means the light/dark arts reduction goes from 10% to 23%. It does not mean you need 13% less fast cast to hit the cap. This makes using at least one of the two grimoire spellcasting pieces extremely powerful. If you aren't doing it, I highly recommend it.

If on SCH and using both of the grimoire pieces you're apparently capped at 25% grimoire cast speed reduction. So if you're capped at 80% fast cast as well, this would take you another quarter of the way putting you at 85%.

Since I'm dropping the head for Amalric when I lock my weapon I'll be at 22% grimoire cast instead of capped. That should put me at 84.4%.

Anecdotally, I tried this in Sortie last night and didn't even notice a change in cast speed. Still casting faster than everyone else :) It's possible there's some rounding happening and it literally didn't even change at all.