users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17
By drakefs 2024-05-11 11:53:30  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
drakefs said: »
Asura.Iamaman said: »
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I interpreted it as 1.5x the bonus at the end, not overall.

It looks like the 1.25x seg bonus we get for touching the exit is being increased to 1.5x.

This, Or; Total*1.25*1.5

Total*1.5 instead of total*1.25 is functionally zero increase for such a large amount of effort.

Whereas total*1.25*1.5 is almost double, more appropriate for a campaign

I expect a 25% increase, I hope for 1.25x*1.50x and would even be good with (1.25x+1.5x).
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-05-11 12:02:35  
weak *** trash

*** blocking waifus should be a felony. SE should be ashamed of this trash ***they pushing.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-13 16:22:12  
Woohoo I was right, 6 months of cornelia is the stans stan hard enough

Quote:
Plaudits Goal: 125% achieved
Extended the campaign period of the following month's monthly campaigns by three days.
Extended the period that Cornelia's alter ego can be summoned by two months.
Plaudits Goal: 150% achieved
Extended the campaign period of the following month's monthly campaigns by another three days.
Extended the period that Cornelia's alter ego can be summoned by another two months.

Relatively the same mediocre tiered rewards though, so

Removed Dark Matter from bronze
By Dodik 2024-05-13 16:32:25  
This time, I shall not even bother with Vanabout rather than waste my time.

Having said that, gaming is a total waste of time anyway, but not even while clearly wasting time doing literally anything else would I touch Vanabout again.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-13 16:34:24  
What! You don't like sandbagging v2 for 20 minutes every day to do objectives!?

You could have 5 whole boxes of beitetsu!11!!!1one1
(Or one whole scoria, almost worth it)
By Cevlina 2024-05-13 18:24:34  
So wait, the daily missions are the same as last time but they just added one that's fishing?????
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-13 18:43:59  
Probably the same dailies and they added 3 semidailies.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-13 19:21:30  
I'm ready to stan for cornelia. It will make my shinryu VDs just that much faster
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-05-13 20:03:41  
I'm glad I held off farming Odyssey too hard until now. Wait long enough and SE will provide.
By Beau 2024-05-14 00:01:24  
are the objectives released yet?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-14 00:11:49  
no. I would expect the same general objectives as last time, only that fishing questing and merc camp are added to it.

If they actually changed the solo skillchains heals and 500 damage etc, i'll be amazed.
By K123 2024-05-14 04:10:26  
When do the segs start?
By Beau 2024-05-14 06:47:15  
Event Period
Thursday, May 16, 2024, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, May 30, at 12:59 a.m.

The total number of plaudits earned by adventurers from all of the game?s Worlds will be tabulated and if it exceeds the target amount, the challenge shall be considered a success and a special reward campaign will be added to the usual monthly campaigns as part of the event.

In addition, personal rewards will be given to those adventurers who really make an effort during the event. The more plaudits you accumulate during the challenge period, the more rewards you can choose from!

Work together with players around the world in order to complete the challenge!

See here for more on the overall plaudits earned, the available rewards, and other details regarding the event.
By Felgarr 2024-05-14 11:15:02  
Cevlina said: »
So wait, the daily missions are the same as last time but they just added one that's fishing?????

I'm convinced a huge if SE's outreach to us, is meaningless. They ask is for feedback and then just do what they want. :/
By fillerbunny9 2024-05-14 11:25:01  
Beau said: »
Event Period

The total number of plaudits earned by adventurers from all of the game?s Worlds will be tabulated and if it exceeds the target amount, the challenge shall be considered a success and a special reward campaign will be added to the usual monthly campaigns as part of the event.

In addition, personal rewards will be given to those adventurers who really make an effort during the event. The more plaudits you accumulate during the challenge period, the more rewards you can choose from!

See here for more on the overall plaudits earned, the available rewards, and other details regarding the event.

I love how the English splash page links you straight to the Japanese details page, because why bother translating that ***for anyone else.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-14 11:25:58  
What...?

They just announced:
Besieged level 99
RoE for Sortie
Gamepad mapping for targeting nearest enemy
Dynamis timer adjustments for flexibility
Race change
Vanabout will auto-set and not count towards the 30 RoE cap

All things that the community were asking for/complaining about, after entering maintenance mode; and we're taking this opportunity to complain that SE doesn't take community feedback...?

Granted, some of these things will suck, the Sortie RoE looks like TRASH if the translations/notes are correct, but...cmon...

Also: they haven't announced the Vanabout objectives yet, people are speculating AFAIK. I would be extremely surprised if they kept all the exact same objectives and only added one new one.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-14 11:27:16  
fillerbunny9 said: »
Beau said: »
Event Period

I love how the English splash page links you straight to the Japanese details page, because why bother translating that ***for anyone else.

That's not the English splash page, this is? Unless this is some criticism of FFXIAH, who put the wrong link in the headline?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-14 12:16:32  
The default page is for jp

http://www.playonline.com/ff11/vanabout/

You want

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/vanabout/
Or
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/vanabout/

They did it that way cause they dont care. And then linked the foreigners the wrong one.
By fillerbunny9 2024-05-14 12:18:26  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The default page is for jp

http://www.playonline.com/ff11/vanabout/

You want

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/vanabout/
Or
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/vanabout/

They did it that way cause they dont care. And then linked the foreigners the wrong one.
bookmark or google the English page because we cannot be bothered to adjust the link is peak SE laziness.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-14 12:22:15  
2nd class community

But default playonline.com is jp, EU and US have different links.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11 (Not ff11jp)
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us
http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-14 12:34:59  
How else are you supposed to get to a website if not Google or bookmarking it? Am I missing something here...? What should SE be doing to further help you reach the English website?

Playonline.com reaches a page where you pick Eu, Jp, or Us. If you follow the US link, then scroll down to vanabout you will get English text.

I guess you're objecting to the way they labeled their sites? Either way, googling, bookmarking, or directly accessing their website works.

If you Google Vanabout, the first link (for me) is the English vanabout page...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-14 12:38:51  
The post is in english, it's for us, it should be the proper link

Translation team or community team *** it up. It's not a big deal, just indicative of how little effort they put in. The budget couldn't spare the extra overtime to type the 2 missing letters.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-14 12:52:01  
Which US SE page has a JP link on it? I'm trying to find one and can't seem to find it
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-14 13:15:10  
Literally the main page lol

box 3
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-14 13:17:24  
Main page gets content via a RSS feed
That information provided doesnt update even if the source gets updated

Zero *** iq on how basic things work
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-14 13:20:59  
OK, so maybe at some point in the past SE had the wrong link? IDK, if I go to http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml and scroll down to the announcement for Vana'Bout, See here links to an English page describing Vana'Bout.

Seems like a FFXIAH mistake, or maybe a past SE mistake which was fixed at some point in the past that nobody can pinpoint. Maybe it was up for 5 seconds, maybe 12 hours.

It sure as hell wasn't a problem (with SE's official website) at the time it was being complained about, is all I was pointing out; it's also not a problem with SE's site right now.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-14 13:21:31  
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Link on that mage works. Turns out the budget could spare “the extra overtime to type two missing letters”
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-14 13:36:51  
Whoever posted it to playonline.com/us *** it up and put the jp link

Then AH scraped it and put up their mistake, then playonline fixed it but it can't be fixed here until someone notices.

(and fixes all the other things falling apart lol)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-14 13:39:31  
“Se *** up and couldnt spare the budget to fix two letters”
“The scraper needs to be fixed since pol fixed it”

I would have uses the clown paint meme, but too much of a pain to fill it out with four quotes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-14 13:47:58  
Wayback machine does show the ff11us site had the JP link yesterday at 5pm, but there's only one snapshot so not entirely clear when it was fixed.

People are human and make mistakes. Someone made a typo and then fixed it within 12 hours and chicken little is freaking out.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17