So I Got The Lady At McDonalds In Trouble

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » So I got the lady at McDonalds in trouble
So I got the lady at McDonalds in trouble
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:30:41  
Asura.Korpg said:

Ask yourself this, how would you react if the roles were reversed?

I've been in customer service before. The role wouldn't have been reversed, as I don't blatantly ignore the customer when they're trying to tell me something.
[+]
 Remora.Narrubia
サーバ: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-11-07 11:30:47  
Also you made yourself look like an idiot. Who the hell eats something as obvious as onions if they're allergic to it?

"Oh she got my order completely wrong and there's something I'm allergic to on here. OH WELL. OM NOM NOM."
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:32:19  
Fairy.Vegetto said:

I've been in customer service before. The role wouldn't have been reversed, as I don't blatantly ignore the customer when they're trying to tell me something.

The customer could still lie to your manager about you whether you give good service or not. How would you feel if you got fired because a customer lied to your manager, whether you made a mistake or not? Pretty pissed off, I'd imagine.

Remora.Narrubia said:
"Oh she got my order completely wrong and there's something I'm allergic to on here. OH WELL. OM NOM NOM."

That was my first thought when I read this. I think you'd have to be an idiot to eat something you're allergic too; and if you're really allergic to onions, surely you'd check your McDonalds burger?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:33:20  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

The customer could still lie to your manager about you whether you give good service or not. That clearly wasn't his point lol.

Yea, but my customer wouldn't really have a reason to do it at all. I did it because she was a retard who couldn't pay attention, not just to do it.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-07 11:33:51  
Krapg, stfu, you're obviously just looking for a fight.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:33:55  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Yea, but my customer wouldn't really have a reason to do it at all. I did it because she was a retard who couldn't pay attention, not just to do it.

People don't need reasons to be ***. You could be the nicest person around and provide the most exceptional service ever, and somebody could still lie to your supervisor and land you in ***creek.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:34:44  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

People don't need reasons to be ***.

That wouldn't be the roles reversed then, that would be a totally different situation, one of which that has nothing to do with me or what I did.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 11:35:12  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
The customer could still lie to your manager about you whether you give good service or not. That clearly wasn't his point lol.

You're stretching the point. Employees are covered in two catogories. D.bags and workers.

If you belong in the last group your manager will approach you while giving YOU the benefit of the doubt.

You think people get cut up everytime some idiot decides to call in about an order? It's not the ghetto. >.>
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:35:33  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

People don't need reasons to be ***.

That wouldn't be the roles reversed then, that would be a totally different situation, one of which that has nothing to do with me or what I did.

Same situation; somebody lying to your boss to get you in trouble. It's just in this case you had a motive.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:36:07  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
You think people get cut up everytime some idiot decides to call in about an order? It's not the ghetto. >.>

Indeed, that's exactly what I said. :P
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-07 11:36:12  
Odin.Blazza said:
Krapg, stfu, you're obviously just looking for a fight.

I'm asking a question, I'm not starting something.

And I wasn't the first to bring this up.

And I'm not the last to either.

And I didn't make my first post of the thread "STFU, you'r obviously just looking for a fight" either.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:36:15  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:

You're stretching the point. Employees are covered in two catogories. D.bags and workers.

If you belong in the last group your manager will approach you while giving YOU the benefit of the doubt.

Speaking of the ghetto, downside St. Petersburg has a KFC that has bars on the window where you have to slide the money under, similar to a bank teller's glass.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 11:37:25  
Seriously you think that's bad go to some place like southern california. Doesn't matter if they repeated everything back right or you even ordered what they suggested chances are you got some mexican who will *** it up so randomly you'll just sit in amazement... that's after repeating yourself 20 times till they pretend to understand it. Though tbh when I was last down there it only happened like with maybe 3/4 mexicans I encountered in a food establishment.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-07 11:38:14  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

People don't need reasons to be ***. You could be the nicest person around and provide the most exceptional service ever, and somebody could still lie to your supervisor and land you in ***creek.

As Beelshamen said above, don't forget that your employer isn't just some machine and will actually know you. If you really are the nicest person around who provides the most exceptional service ever, then your boss will take your word for it when you say the customer is full of ***. Like-wise, if you're a screw up then the boss will jump at any opportunity to fire you, meaning you'd have been fired sooner or later anyway.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:39:07  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Seriously you think that's bad go to some place like southern california. Doesn't matter if they repeated everything back right or you even ordered what they suggested chances are you got some mexican who will *** it up so randomly you'll just sit in amazement... that's after repeating yourself 20 times till they pretend to understand it. Though tbh when I was last down there it only happened like with maybe 3/4 mexicans I encountered in a food establishment.

Hmm I was just in California for over 3 months. In and out and Yellow Basket provided great service for the duration of my stay. I love their food.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:39:29  
Well, I don't know what it's like in America, but in the UK right now employers have the upper hand. No job is safe, and even the slightest sign of not doing your job properly, truthful or not, can get you fired. It sucks but it's how it is right now.

I have a friend who was disciplined two weeks ago because a customer accused him of pocketing their change... He was lucky not to get fired, even though he'd never do something like that. Somebody out having a bad day decides to take it out on someone else and lie about it. His manager believes him, but without evidence, he has to discipline him. That's just how it works; the head offices say something, managers jump through the hoops or get fired. I imagine it's the same for McDonalds.

I know this situation is different, but lying to her boss was too far, imo.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 11:39:39  
Oh northern california isn't like that at all.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:40:07  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

I was in Carson, which is in the LA/Long Beach area.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-07 11:43:44  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Well, I don't know what it's like in America, but in the UK right now employers have the upper hand. No job is safe, and even the slightest sign of not doing your job properly, truthful or not, can get you fired. It sucks but it's how it is right now.

I have a friend who was disciplined two weeks ago because a customer accused him of pocketing their change... He was lucky not to get fired, even though he'd never do something like that. Somebody out having a bad day decides to take it out on someone else and lie about it. His manager believes him, but without evidence, he has to discipline him. That's just how it works; the head offices say something, managers jump through the hoops or get fired. I imagine it's the same for McDonalds.

I know this situation is different, but lying to her boss was too far, imo.

Honestly, any boss that fires someone so readily just because unemployment is high is stupid. Just because there are 100 people that will walk into your store looking to take that extra position doesn't make it any easier to pick which one will be a good employee. Any boss with half a brain hangs on to a good employee like dear life. No matter how good people can seem in an interview, you really have no idea what sort of worker they'll be until they're actually working for you, I've seen people turn out to be the exact opposite of what you'd first expect from them too many times to expect anything different.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:45:00  
Odin.Blazza said:
Honestly, any boss that fires someone so readily just because unemployment is high is stupid.

Stupid, or wants their job? You don't seem to understand, bosses of places like McDonalds answer to the head offices or get fired. If head office say that suspected thieves (people pocketing till money) are fired, then they get fired, or the manager is replaced. Simple as that. It's nothing to do with the manager themselves or their morals. If they value their jobs, they do as they're told by their head officers.

That is why, franctly, that girl will be fired now, and it is Vegetto's fault for lying. Poor her. Yes, she should've got the order right, but complaining about it would've done enough. Lying was just an *** thing to do, imo, and completely unnecessary.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 11:45:51  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I was in Carson, which is in the LA/Long Beach area.

Lol I was just in Laguna nigeul for a good month like a month ago. It's like 30-40 miles away
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-07 11:46:02  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:

I have a friend who was disciplined two weeks ago because a customer accused him of pocketing their change.

They dont have cameras at the register?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:46:39  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Honestly, any boss that fires someone so readily just because unemployment is high is stupid.

Stupid, or wants their job? You don't seem to understand, bosses of places like McDonalds answer to the head offices or get fired. If head office say that suspected thieves (people pocketing till money) are fired, then they get fired, or the manager is replaced. Simple as that. It's nothing to do with the manager themselves or their morals. If they value their jobs, they do as they're told by their head officers.

That is why, franctly, that girl will be fired now, and it is Vegetto's fault for lying.

Well if that's the case, I didn't lie about anything I accused her of. It was all true. Just the consequences of her wrong doing is what I made up, but as far as her actions are concerned, I did not make one thing up.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:46:50  
Asura.Ludoggy said:

It's not a legal requirement in the UK, so possibly not.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 11:47:06  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
I have a friend who was disciplined two weeks ago because a customer accused him of pocketing their change.

Or idk check the total.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:47:33  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Well if that's the case, I didn't lie about anything I accused her of. It was all true. Just the consequences of her wrong doing is what I made up, but as far as her actions are concerned, I did not make one thing up.

Yeah, but for getting your order wrong, the manager might give her a telling off and tell her to buck up. However, for nearly killing you via an allergy, the consequences are much higher.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-07 11:47:42  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Well, I don't know what it's like in America, but in the UK right now employers have the upper hand. No job is safe, and even the slightest sign of not doing your job properly, truthful or not, can get you fired. It sucks but it's how it is right now. I have a friend who was disciplined two weeks ago because a customer accused him of pocketing their change... He was lucky not to get fired, even though he'd never do something like that. Somebody out having a bad day decides to take it out on someone else and lie about it. His manager believes him, but without evidence, he has to discipline him. That's just how it works; the head offices say something, managers jump through the hoops or get fired. I imagine it's the same for McDonalds. I know this situation is different, but lying to her boss was too far, imo.

Its the same in the USA now.

Not so bad in Texas (mostly because we have the lowest unemployment rate in the country, so job security is a little better than most of the nation) but its still enough to get people to do their jobs right the first time.

To be honest, I think a lot of this has to do with the culture of the people that you are dealing with. If its socially ok to try to get somebody fired because they screwed up your burger, then thats that. If its socially ok to work with people and get them to do their job better instead of replacing them with somebody off the street, then thats that too.

While I doubt it would get the lady in question fired (since the cost of replacement would be about $13,000 per person) it would get her closer to being fired if this happens again (regardless if the customer is lying or not). If two customers lie to the manager about food alergies just to get somebody fired, then thats an unjust fire. If you live in a society where is socially acceptable to lie (and hope to get some money for "doctor's visits") like this, then I wouldn't want to work in that society in the first place.

All in all, I personally don't think that lying to a manager about getting your order wrong and that you are "allergic" to the food is acceptable.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:48:18  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:

Or idk check the total.

You don't know how much money they had in their wallet before they came in the store and how much they're leaving with.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:49:38  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Yeah, but for getting your order wrong, the manager might give her a telling off and tell her to buck up. However, for nearly killing you via an allergy, the consequences are much higher.

Just thought of this, plus the implied threat of a lawsuit... Again, the buck falls on the supervisor of the store and he wants his job, so he's not going to want a lawsuit. Fire the woman or face a lawsuit? Hmm...
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:50:12  
Asura.Korpg said:

All in all, I personally don't think that lying to a manager about getting your order wrong and that you are "allergic" to the food is acceptable.

And I don't personally think it's acceptable to pay such little attention in a job that requires you to interact with the customer. She shouldn't have that job and I hope she gets fired.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9