Controller Issue, Inverted Controls, XIinputEnable

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Controller Issue, Inverted Controls, XIinputEnable
Controller Issue, Inverted Controls, XIinputEnable
 Asura.Bedavere
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bedavere
By Asura.Bedavere 2024-06-02 14:32:39  
So Ive had this issue before but its been few years. took a break for 6 months, came back. Now controller settings are reversed in many cases, and various buttons just dont work at all, but work in different setting choices. Generally its the last choice, with XIinput, which is the results im getting now. Tried every which way in Config, literally every combination. with and without XIinput on, tho it does need XIinput as Im using Xbox Elite Controller.

There used to be a post on here, and mayeb its still here and I jstu cant find it. That had a link to a website that listed a step by step Explanation of a /Run cleanup of some sort that had worked before.

Im really unsure what to do at this time. Even fully uninstalled.
 Siren.Dekoda
サーバ: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2024-06-03 11:38:36  
Did you calibrate the directional inputs in the FFXI config?

Did you test the game controller inputs from the control panel? Are they reversed there? You can try calibrating the controller there, too.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2024-06-03 18:51:30  
One thing you could try, out of desperation is to delete all the USB controller devices from your device manager. Unplug the device, go to Device manager, Go to view, "Show Hidden Devices" and I'd wipe all the game controller devices, (Such as xbox360 controller) usually under XBOX360 Devices. Reboot(because why not) and plug in the device again. Check that it is working properly outside of XI with the control panel utility or some other game. Then try remapping in xi again.

What type/brand of controller are you using?

Edit:
Its also worth pointing out that in game you can swap xy direction on the camera config. If you reinstalled and didnt import settings for example this might have defaulted.
 Asura.Bedavere
By Asura.Bedavere 2024-06-04 20:07:22  
Yea tried the PC calibration, works on other games, and tested fine. Ill try the USB Device Manager trick when I get home tonight.

Also it works for any game other than FFXI. Controls arent completely flipped, its just randomized. like XYBA 3 work but have incorrect inputs. R2 will use left arrow and L2 will use right arrow in menus. I Thought simply just poke around the controls menu but, I really have tried about all I can at this point. At least as far as Config goes.

Edit: Xbox Controller, tried using the elite and a regular one, and a cheap one, all same result. But yes all Microsoft Xbox controllers.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2024-06-05 04:17:47  
Are you using these all wired? Or with a usb to wireless adapter? If by chance using adapter - try wired.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-05 06:02:54  
Open regedit.

Go to:
(english install/windower)
Code
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI

If EU, it's PlayOnlineEU. If JP, just PlayOnline.

Screenshot or paste the full values of padmode000 and padsin000.

Those 2 keys are how the config tool is passed to the client, if you're using Ashitav4 then you'd also want to check your boot profile since ashita hooks registry reads and replaces all of them. If windower, literally nothing besides those keys should matter. Atom0s has documented how the keys work here:
https://docs.ashitaxi.com/usage/configurations/#xinput-button-mappings

You can manually edit the registry if the config tool isn't working, reversing left stick would just be swapping instances of 32/33 to negative or vice versia. Right stick would be 35/36.

If you use steam and have controller mappings, try closing the steam service entirely prior to launching ffxi as a diagnostic. It may be rearranging your controller buttons.
[+]
 Asura.Bedavere
By Asura.Bedavere 2024-06-09 13:41:06  
-US/EN
-Use Windower.
-Dont use Steam. -Edit: Well I dont use it for FFXI, not sure if another game would rearrange them tho.

pademod000 1,1,0,0,0,1

padsin 8,9,13,12,10,0,1,3,2,15,-1,-1,-14,-33,-33,32,32-36,-36,35,35,6,7,5,4,11,-1

-Looking at the link as I post.

Edit: SO copied the mappings from my other pc, that also uses same controller and is working on that pc, pasted it over on this one, same deal.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-09 15:05:53  
I suspect you've enabled a steam controller setting for some game at some point, and it's persisting on this PC and altering your controller input. I would recommend opening steam, clicking 'Steam' in the top left corner, going down to settings. Go to the Controller tab, and uncheck each of the 'Enable Steam Input..' options. Close steam. Try launching FFXI again, as a testing measure.

If it works fine under those conditions, you can probably add an exception for just FFXI in Steam.

Just to be clear, FFXI itself does not get *any* external info for controller mappings besides those 2 keys(there is a third key for selecting which controller, but shouldnt matter here), so if they are correctly set and you are using windower this is absolutely not a problem with FFXI. Would need to be something outside editing your controller input, and Steam is a common culprit.
 Bahamut.Zedoma
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-06-09 17:28:39  
I had similar issues when I used to use my xbox controller but only during bluetooth. XI really hated the "Bluetooth LE XINPUT" driver and the only way it would resolve itself is making sure the controller was connected with a cable first so it loaded into standard XINPUT and then I could disconnect and use it wirelessly. None of this applies to you but maybe manually updating the driver and selecting the Xbox Elite Driver from the Microsoft submenus may help.

Does your ToolsUS folder contain the xinputdll.dll file?
 Asura.Bedavere
By Asura.Bedavere 2024-06-09 23:10:00  
Ran out of time tonight, but ill check this tomorrow, and I already did manually update the driver for the controller and did the wired/wireless first. yes the dll file is in the ToolsUS.

But will try the steam settings tomorrow after work, Thanks fellas.