There Are Currently No Known Issues.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » There are currently no known issues.
There are currently no known issues.
 Asura.Certainly
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lutia
By Asura.Certainly 2024-06-05 09:55:58  
Captain obvious unfixable issues that work as intended PS2 limitations:
- At Mireu it is impossible to do anything after about 15 minutes. Anyone who arrives late is not even able to see it.
- Massive lag in Dynamis Divergence and Odyssey.
- Domain Invasion messages are not transferred to everyone.
- Player collision.

List of annoying little shits:
- Grasshopper pets get stuck in many places because their pathing is broken. Other pets may face this issue at a lower rate as well.
- The final chest in Temenos West is floating.
- Janta-Jonta in front of the Cooking Guild in Windurst Waters falls through the floor when he is using a certain pathing.
- Bard song icons may sometimes be invisible. A specific Fast Cast setup may even turn the player invisible.
- In the Assault Mission "Supplies Recovery" the Immortals can walk through walls and up ledges.
- In zones like Ordelles Caves, Leujaoam Sanctum, Palborough Mines (near the BCNM Entrance) player characters can get stuck on stairs.
- ...and get stuck on invisible walls, for example in the Gate near the South San d'Orian Mog House or near the bridges in Lower Jeuno.
- In Kamp Kweh, a chocobo's "Dislikes" attribute can be "."
- AH in the Misc 3 category (and possibly others), the cursor may occasionally jump back to the first position after the list finishes loading.
- When calling a raised chocobo through "Mounts", the character blinks (and auto follow is being lost), while it does not happen with any other mount.
- Enemy's charm can lock up the player's client completely when the charm is followed up directly by enemy kill.
- In Domain Invasion Songs and Rolls from Trusts spread to all players in the area, while real player songs and rolls only work for the party they are in.
- The Diabolos battle may randomly switch to the Starlight Celebration music.
- In Colonization Reives, the fixed targets may be nearly impossible to see or target once they have been engaged by anyone.
- Can't use items when inside the West Ronfaure Watchtower (WW Shield has an objective here)
- Can't cast, attack or use JAs through the little Craters in Ifrit's Cauldron, even though the view is not obstructed.
- In Divergence Jeuno Wave 2, if the Buccaneer Commander is up and has returned to its initial spawn point, if you pass under the bridge, it will aggro, even though it is very far away.
- Some sections of Sortie have no map, while most others do.
- Home Points, Telepoints and similar stuff simply not spawning when you zone in.

This is just the beginning. Please submit yours, because SE seems to be unaware according to their update notes every month.
[+]
By Drayco 2024-06-05 10:23:33  
Asura.Certainly said: »
I really wanna see this one for myself because that is awesome.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-05 10:28:48  
- At Mireu it is impossible to do anything after about 15 minutes. Anyone who arrives late is not even able to see it.

There are a number of ways to look at this, but ultimately there is a limit on how many people can attack a monster and if everyone could attack it then it would die in 5 seconds.

It's fine how it is imo.

A bigger problem is adding spikes effects to a monster with that many people hitting it, which lags everyone out.

- Massive lag in Dynamis Divergence and Odyssey.

This is because of spellcast / gearswap, I've done Dyna D in a full alliance with scrubs and gearswap users and you can 100% see a massive difference. Gearswap overloads the server connection cause it automates gear changes to a ridiculous level of nonsense, this is why the developers didn't know about the lag issues till they implemented the content and western players started complaining.

- Player collision.

I mean that was a design choice, so players actually felt like entities in the world. They tried to fix the problem caused by this by removing the home point saving from mog houses.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-06-05 10:30:37  
They never specified who they ask for the list of "currently known issues", maybe they are asking a janitor he probably seems like a reliable well informed individual.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-06-05 11:21:44  
In Sortie if you have people split up to do multiple objectives at once, and two chests are spawned at the same time, it's possible one of them gets spawned on top of the other instead of in its expected spot. For example, I was doing the skillchain objective on fomors in the D area once and right as I killed the last fomor, someone also killed the last Aceux for the magic kills objective. They said they didn't get the chest although they were certain it was done. I opened my chest for D shard, and there was another chest under it. I opened it, and got the A shard. The other member was in a completely different area of the map. If you aren't watching for this you could run off without opening it because you didn't realize it's even there.

It's also possible that if two chests are opened at the same time, you'll only get the key item from one. We've had cases where we opened one of the shard chests at the same time as another chest was being opened, and we didn't get the shard. This can really screw the run because it's not like you can get the chest again. That boss just becomes inaccessible for the run.

In Odyssey there are similar pathing issues to the Janta-Jonta one you mentioned. Mobs can fall through the floor, particularly on stairways (happens a lot when pulling the upstairs group of mobs on the 3rd floor of C wing down to the main area) or occasionally climb pillars/walls and when they do it becomes impossible to take actions on them. We've had a BRD use lullaby on the 3rd floor stairs and some of the monsters got slept in these weird positions, and there was literally nothing we could do. We couldn't fight them, couldn't wake them up so they move, couldn't just continue forward because you can't teleport to the next floor while you have aggro. So we literally had to stand around waiting for lullaby to wear off. (Lesson learned: NEVER sleep mobs on stairs in Odyssey.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Zedoma
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-06-05 11:39:48  
PLD Empyrean body still broken. I created the old 89 +2 this past weekend and confirmed the bug occurs on that version of the chest piece too. Too bad Abyssea era had no Formor NMs with player used weaponskills otherwise that bug may have been found back then.
By Shichishito 2024-06-05 12:17:10  
Is it just me or does the character drift slightly to the right if you just push forward without the use of the autorun button?
By Pantafernando 2024-06-05 12:30:36  
Thats why we recommend playing while sober
[+]
By Jeville 2024-06-05 12:50:06  
A fire crystal synthesis has more delay before the character gets up after finishing than with a different crystal. The delay only isn't there for fire if it's a HQ result.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-05 12:52:43  
RadialArcana said: »
There are a number of ways to look at this, but ultimately there is a limit on how many people can attack a monster and if everyone could attack it then it would die in 5 seconds.

There is no limit. The issue is simply that the server fails to send you an 0x00E packet with the bit flags set in a way to make Mireu render. The packet priority is not set up such that it guarantees this packet is sent, so when there's a ton going on as you approach it can be discarded from the server->client packet queue. It won't ever get sent again, because the render bit flags are not updated on basic HP or position updates. This is absolutely a bug.

The server always sends full entity data for the entity you currently have targeted, so if you modify your outgoing 0x15 update to say you have Mireu targeted, the server will constantly send the correct packet and it'll draw Mireu very quickly. Running to 50' and back in gives you another chance to receive it without any third party applications.

This is because of spellcast / gearswap, I've done Dyna D in a full alliance with scrubs and gearswap users and you can 100% see a massive difference. Gearswap overloads the server connection cause it automates gear changes to a ridiculous level of nonsense, this is why the developers didn't know about the lag issues till they implemented the content and western players started complaining.
This is also due to the packet queue, and it can happen with or without SC/GS users. You can swap 20 slots for an action without gearswap easily enough(4 /equip, action, 1 /equipset). It is true that having a lot of swaps going on will pollute *your own packet queue* heavily. It doesn't effect other players too much (they need an appearance update for each set of swaps, but it isn't sent multiple times for each swap you made.. so a single piece is as bad as a full pre-midcast in this regard). The bigger difference between scrubs and elite players as perceived by a third person, is that elite players will have many more attacks per second(better gear,buffs) and pull more targets at once resulting in much greater traffic.

Both of these could be solved by using a larger maximum packet size, more frequent packet interval, or larger S>C instruction buffer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-06-05 21:16:43  
If you create a tool that automates something, you make the problem far worse and far more widespread, something that used to be the domain of 2 min maxers in the alliance now becomes everyone. This is what gearswap did for FFXI.

Back in the day when I did OG Dyna I was the main sleeper, I had masses of windower macro scripts for every eventuality. Guess what I actually did? I just full time equipped my enfeeb set, if I was using gearswap I would be swapping gear constantly. Even down to move speed boots, -dmg sets etc

There is a curve where the good thing ended up being a negative to the game, the pandoras box has been opened so it's done now but it's still the root of the problem in things like DynaD.

Not only does gearswap pollute your own connection, but it does the same for literally everyone in your alliance too. Cause every time you change any gear, it changes HP/MP values and that change is sent to everyone in the alliance to update the UI HP/MP stat of everyone else.

The bard gets to see the hp and mp bar bouncing up and down of 17 other people constantly, for no reason and purely from constant gearswaps.

Glad I never got in to gearswap. People don't need it to play the game well. It has never been necessary. Can it be really useful on some jobs? Sure, but it doesn't mean you can't learn to play jobs without it. Some of the most gifted players I have ever seen used no tools.
 Asura.Certainly
user: Lutia
By Asura.Certainly 2024-06-06 02:20:30  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Glad I never got in to gearswap. People don't need it to play the game well. It has never been necessary. Can it be really useful on some jobs? Sure, but it doesn't mean you can't learn to play jobs without it. Some of the most gifted players I have ever seen used no tools.
Straight from the vanilla marketing department.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-06 07:43:47  
Quote:
Not only does gearswap pollute your own connection, but it does the same for literally everyone in your alliance too. Cause every time you change any gear, it changes HP/MP values and that change is sent to everyone in the alliance to update the UI HP/MP stat of everyone else.

This gets sent for everyone hit every time an AOE goes off, every time someone changes a single piece of gear, every time someone takes a melee hit, for each member hit by a curaga, for all 18 members every 3 seconds if DoT or regen is on, etc. It isn't being changed meaningfully by gearswap, unless the alternative is people completely fulltiming gear, which is just not how the game is meant to be played any more. Idle, Engaged, WS, and JA swaps are a baseline for functioning.. and whether it's a couple pieces or a whole set doesn't matter as long as your max hp is changing.

The server isn't seeing that your HP changed 16x and sending 16 0x0DD packets to each member of your alliance when you change a set; it's flagging your HP as changed in the live class on your party members. The next UDP packet sent to that party member, a single 0x0DD section will be inserted with your new HP, regardless of how many times your HP was changed since their last UDP packet. It's not increasing the quantity of actual packets sent, it's adding 54 bytes to a packet that was already being sent.. with no floating point operations or anything more costly than simple copying. This is not meaningful load on the server end, but it is a (small) contributing factor to packet queue issues.

It's not false to say that gearswap does contribute to packet queue issues, but it is false to imply it's inherently worse than utilizing the existing equipment systems. Some people may not swap to idle every disengage if using manual, but they will almost certainly have their JA macro gear in their JA macros, and their WS equipset in their WS macros, and macros to change to idle or tp set.

I am sure there are some players using gearswap+react+bad design that are basically blinking every packet interval and creating more traffic than any reasonable legitimate player would. I don't think this is the majority of gearswap users, or a reason to villify gearswap. I think it's a problem with the 'grab a file you don't understand and load it' culture.

Ultimately, though, SE has designed a gameplay loop that revolves around acquiring gear that isn't beneficial to fulltime. This means they need to be able to support equipment swapping, at least to the extent their client allows. The client allows you to do a 16 slot swap with equipset and a 16 slot swap with multiple equips every 1 second.. which is far in excess of any reasonably configured gearswap.

I will add the minor complaint that gearswap queues packets every time you hit an action macro, so you can send your swaps multiple times a second while a legitimate client will only send them once. If you're the type of person to mash your macro, then you actually can cause problems (primarily for yourself, but if that makes you mash harder then it may eventually cause slight effects to others). LAC on Ashita doesn't have the same problem, as it lets the game throttle actions and inserts swaps around them.. keeping the same schedule the legitimate client would allow. So, maybe Windower users could benefit from being aware they shouldn't mash their macros. But, it's still relatively minor and it doesn't excuse SE in any way.
[+]
By Lockethedark 2024-07-02 17:28:36  

That sounds awesome as hell, a feature, not a bug. How do I trigger this?
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2024-07-02 18:06:24  
Lockethedark said: »

That sounds awesome as hell, a feature, not a bug. How do I trigger this?

1) Go into Dyna Tavanazia
2) Spawn Diabolos with his pop item (the end boss)
3) Starlight Celebration music will play until the boss dies.

I don't know WHY it does it, but pretty sure it's been that way since they added the zone (no one really did it much back in the 75 era I think).
 Fenrir.Positron
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-07-02 19:36:57  
It has definitely been that way since the beginning and was definitely intentional. I forget if they ever explained what the meaning was behind it. I always assumed it was a way of Diabolos mocking you.
[+]
By smii 2024-07-11 15:34:04  
Pretty sure it was the devs having some fun. IIRC time extensions played some music too.