Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-10 17:39:07  
Mrxi said: »
No ones quitting because they got one either, gtfo of here with this ***

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I hope I beat Bumba tonight so I can end this nightmare

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Some people want to finish their goals before quitting for good.

Well, somebody's wrong.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
サーバ: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-07-10 17:44:51  
Mrxi said: »
No ones quitting because they got one either, gtfo of here with this ***

This, and a well run sortie 8/8 or 9/9 is quite entertaining and worth the experience. it take mastery to do it, and not in a ML kinda way
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-10 17:49:31  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I have been after a single DRK+1 earring since I returned over a year ago, and I've found a +1 for all my other jobs, but have no hope I'll find it. And that's just a +1. It will likely take years of doing regular Sortie to see a DRK +2, and even then it will have the worst augments. It's a cruel system.

It really is. The worst part imo is that you want X and I want to give you it, I just can't. Here let me help, Devs are like no thank you.

Yes the market for +2s would be astronomical.

I personally cope that they will let you put them in the new years pouches that they usually let you do gil and give them to people.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-10 18:02:20  
drakefs said: »
Well, +1 is missing an augment, which may be important and you are likely missing a decently rolled +1, if you have one at all, as well.
I feel like you're missing the point. A +2 being better shouldn't make you consider a +1 worthless. For that matter, a +1 being better shouldn't make you consider a NQ worthless, some of them are still pretty solid upgrades.

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
But Sortie comes out, and the devs are all "*** all that noise."

Empyrean+2 fits perfectly into your image, it's massively stronger than most unaugmented odyssey armor and still better than sakpata. It's only 2 or so carry runs to get a full set of +2, and you also have the option to reasonably do it solo over a longer timeframe because you don't have to pass any specific hurdle.

Sortie isn't some sudden change against casuals. The hardest/most time-consuming things in Sortie(primes, earrings+2) are both attainable to a casual player over a long enough time period. Most endgamers still don't have Bumba V25 wins, and casuals likely never will.
[+]
By drakefs 2024-07-10 18:28:12  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
I feel like you're missing the point. A +2 being better shouldn't make you consider a +1 worthless. For that matter, a +1 being better shouldn't make you consider a NQ worthless, some of them are still pretty solid upgrades.

No one is saying that NQ and +1 are worthless. Though if the earrings augments are the important part, then it is likely the NQ is worthless. Also +1 is not that common, bad luck can still have you missing the +1 for you main job(s).
By Seun 2024-07-10 19:14:30  
Having a well rolled +1 earring for ALL of the jobs you play is a MUCH more realistic goal than having a well rolled +2 for your 'main'. People have their bar set far too high for this kind of RNG.
By Meeble 2024-07-10 19:24:56  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Everything they've released in the past 5 years has been grindy and/or RNG-based, was my point.
-Ody is grindy as hell
-Dynamis is grindy and RNG. I've been doing Dyna [d] twice/week for the past 3+ years and we've seen < 5 pairs of Volte Tights ever. We've never seen some of the bodies, not a single time. The highest body we've seen I think twice?
-Sinister Reign is 3 layers of stacked RNG
-HTBF (Odin, Lilith, Cait Sith) all have terrible drop rates and require tons of spamming to get the drop you want (also grindy)

My group's experience with Volte has been very different from yours; Which pieces you get might be pure RNG, but in two years we only had two weeks with no Volte drops at all on either run. The drop rate on bodies isn't any better or worse, you're just extremely limited by the one chance per lockout.

Other than volte, I would say you're conflating scarcity due to RNG with scarcity due to opportunity(lockouts). Earrings are so awful because both apply.

Yeah, Sinister Reign is RNG on RNG on RNG... but bayld is easy to get and there's no lockout on entry. Getting perfect aug's on a specific piece or UNM/HTBF drops may take a bunch of runs, but there's nothing preventing you from running it until you get what you want. Even stuff like Up in Arms is technically not entry-limited, though farming seals for entry is more time consuming than bayld, merits, or unity points.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-10 19:35:38  
A one time roe for a +2 case is absolute lulz. At the very least, since it is a one time use, it should target the job youre on when you complete the RoE.

“But my main job is X but i use Y for our 9/9 Aminon runs”, if youre good enough to 9/9, you can figure out how to do get a kill on X job.
By Tokimemofan 2024-07-10 20:09:56  
If SE really wants to extend the life of current content they ought to remove the Rare tag from odyssey gear with multiple paths. Instead everybody ends up locked into Nyame path B if they actually want to be taken seriously in parties. Instead we get a single +2 earring that has only a 1/22 odds of being for your main job if you can even get it in the first place. Question is, anyone actually surprised?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-10 20:34:49  
Tokimemofan said: »
If SE really wants to extend the life of current content they ought to remove the Rare tag from odyssey gear with multiple paths.

Congratulations, you just eliminated almost all gear in the main 5 slots. Nyame path A is BiS TP set for all jobs in all situations, Nyame path B is (obviously) the WS set, Nyame path C is BiS magic damage for all jobs in all situations, and Nyame path D is BiA macc in all slots for (almost) all jobs for all spells, while also being incredible pet gear.

There are some extremely rare exceptions, but there would be very few scenarios that would call for any armor that isn't Nyame.

I guess there's magic bursting...?
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2024-07-10 20:53:58  
I am kind of concerned that they haven't released any new end-game gear, zones, quests, missions, etc. in many months. Anyone in software development knows that's a sign of end-of-life or a long break, really. The recent updates are just maintenance mode without any new content obviously.
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-07-10 21:54:33  
Quote:
I am kind of concerned that they haven't released any new end-game gear, zones, quests, missions, etc. in many months. Anyone in software development knows that's a sign of end-of-life or a long break, really. The recent updates are just maintenance mode without any new content obviously.

They blatently told us the game had reached the end of its development cycle over a year ago. I don't know why people would be surprised when no new content comes our way. The game will never get any new major content or events ever again. Sortie is the final frontier. It's the end of the road. Apart from possibly a random master trial or cosmetic to appeal to us here and there there won't be anything more. Vanadiel's growth is over.
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-10 22:15:47  
Yeah, the only content that this game will be receiving for 'endgame' will be the rest of the master trials to round out the cosmetic set. The odd event here or there, some QoL changes and text fixes, maybe a banner and a previously unreleased song for your mog house. Fin.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2024-07-11 02:10:50  
Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq said: »
Completely anecdotical and the sample rate is almost zero, but my group just completed Aminon + 2 basement bosses (E + F).

I haven't opened my chests yet (I hesitate, but I will), but one person received 3 +2 earrings (one from the +2 case, two from the +1 case) and another person received 2 +2 earring (again, one from the +2 case and another from one of the +1).

Sooo, this doesn't prove anything other than "it's cool this happen" but it's really suspicious that these chests came from the quests. Again, not trying to imply anything, just sharing the anecdotical outcome from today.

-Edit-
meh, I spoke too soon, the 3 +2 were from 3 different chars ¬¬, the person who got 2 +2 was just luck to get another +2 from RNG. Nothing to see here, wishful thinking, etc.

Opened my own cases, got 2 earrings +2 (RUN+2 and GEO+2) from the +2 case and 3 +1 cases from the objectives. Coincidence, again, I believe, but it's so suspicious to me nevertheless as we almost never get +2 and getting them from the same run is a big coincidence.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-11 03:02:58  
Dont try to make an order out of caos
By Pantafernando 2024-07-11 03:25:07  
BTW

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Ahh another month that SE is proving they are a terrible company unable to listen to their fanbase. I hope I beat Bumba tonight so I can end this nightmare but honestly,

Did you win?
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-11 03:52:31  
why isint thie +2 earring a monthly objective?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-11 04:43:48  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
why isint thie +2 earring a monthly objective?

Because most of the current FFXI dev team is composed by *** that think like some *** here
[+]
By K123 2024-07-11 04:54:35  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I have been after a single DRK+1 earring since I returned over a year ago, and I've found a +1 for all my other jobs, but have no hope I'll find it. And that's just a +1. It will likely take years of doing regular Sortie to see a DRK +2, and even then it will have the worst augments. It's a cruel system.
I've also never got DRK+1 on the char I need it for. But I rarely do sortie because it sucks. Since the turn of the year I've probably done 10 runs per char max.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2024-07-11 05:50:59  
I got a +3 earring from my +2 case
By Pantafernando 2024-07-11 06:04:02  
I had better luck, I got a +exp(0,6931) earring from my case+2

Here the evidence:

Phoenix.Gavroches
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-07-11 06:14:03  
The argument of monthly objectives isn’t unreasonable. Just doing once a month the objectives will still take you 22 months with the luck of the draw to get every single earring, not irrational demand. Gav on the other hand got a BLU +2, job isn’t master, isn’t 99, doesn’t have a single gear nor a single spell… but hey I got the earring lol.
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2024-07-11 07:48:22  
Bismarck.Johnb said: »
developers are going to do the least amount of work as they can if they can still make the same amount of money.

the time for the playerbase to vote with their wallets or at least voice their dissatisfaction was many years ago
By Taint 2024-07-11 07:51:17  
Our group went 0/32 last night on +2 earrings. (One person didn't set ROE and we got 2 other +1s on the run)

Safe to say their precious +2 earrings are safe from the added RoEs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-11 14:09:28  
Not having the second best job in the game unlocked is a crime against humanity. Literally hitler
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-07-11 14:10:29  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Not having the second best job in the game unlocked is a crime against humanity. Literally hitler

I never unlocked BRD
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-07-11 14:56:09  
That's the best job, he said 2nd best
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-07-11 16:13:13  
Setting the earring box to match the job you're on when opening it would be so gamebreaking that real life dogs and cats would begin living together and Zuul would rise with the Destroyer to end all of humanity....

....or it would make sense....

Especially considering you'd need several (likely) for optimum stats.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8