フォーラム » FFXI » General » July 2024 Version Update
July 2024 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-12 09:40:17  
A weekly roe for a +2 case imo is way beyond expectations. That is the equivalent of asking to have an roe for killing Ou once a week and you'll get a random omen body piece. These items are rare, they were designed to be rare... give them out once a week like candy and they don't keep people doing content. Love it, or hate it... the game is designed around the concept of continual daily effort + a massive amount of RNG.

Yes, the sortie earring system is trash...I have already expressed my thoughts on how to realistically improve it without handing out earrings like Pez... but nobody needs a max roll +2 earring. A minimum roll +2 is always better than a +1... just take the "free" +2 and call it a win already lol.

It's insanity to me that individuals are worked up so much over this.
[+]
By K123 2024-07-12 09:47:04  
@Maletaru, at no point have I said I solely play for the drops. I've always said I like pug life and working with varied people and jobs, but the feeling of working towards something (of course anything in game means basically nothing IRL, I know that but we all got drawn into this skinner game) was also an essential part of that for me. I feel like with the game at its end, I am past that point now.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I care about equipment to the extent it is necessary to do other content, because I consider playing and eventually clearing the content to be the primary reward.
This is effectively what I'm saying. I've done ody to have R25 gear sets and made a bunch of Emp+3 armor so I am geared on a few jobs to do 8/8 boss runs or even animon on the rare chance there is a good shout. But now what? I don't need any more gear to keep doing this, and master trials don't interest me.
By K123 2024-07-12 09:49:54  
Shiva.Myamoto said: »
A weekly roe for a +2 case imo is way beyond expectations. That is the equivalent of asking to have an roe for killing Ou once a week and you'll get a random omen body piece. These items are rare, they were designed to be rare... give them out once a week like candy and they don't keep people doing content. Love it, or hate it... the game is designed around the concept of continual daily effort + a massive amount of RNG.

Yes, the sortie earring system is trash...I have already expressed my thoughts on how to realistically improve it without handing out earrings like Pez... but nobody needs a max roll +2 earring. A minimum roll +2 is always better than a +1... just take the "free" +2 and call it a win already lol.

So make the +2 reward monthly and the +1s weekly.. anything is better than what it is now. Even once a week +2, like I say, is
1/22 chance of getting the job you want *1/3 (I think 3 sets of augments?) gives something like a 1.5% chance of getting a max +2 earring on the job you want. With duplicates possible, it would STILL take many years to get a handful of max +2 on jobs you want to play... much more motivation to play for others.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-07-12 09:51:49  
Quote:
I have already expressed my thoughts on how to realistically improve it without handing out earrings like Pez

[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-12 09:52:37  
K123 said: »
This is effectively what I'm saying. I've done ody to have R25 gear sets and made a bunch of Emp+3 armor so I am geared on a few jobs to do 8/8 boss runs or even animon on the rare chance there is a good shout. But now what? I don't need any more gear to keep doing this, and master trials don't interest me.
If this is the case, why does an earring change anything? If Sortie isn't enjoyable and you don't need any more gear, why would adding more earring chances change anything?

It seems to me that you want to be upset at SE over the game ending, and are using the earring as a proxy. By your own description, you're done with the game.
By K123 2024-07-12 09:56:06  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
If Sortie isn't enjoyable and you don't need any more gear, why would adding more earring chances change anything?
Like I've said, it's ok every now and then. If there was a weekly reward it would be nice to log in twice a week (2 chars) and do it for some entertainment. As the current system requires you to schedule your life around the game for a 0.0000001% chance to get anything directly out of the content (the dopamine that people that play truly seek, no matter how else they might try to justify it to themselves) it isn't even worth staying subbed for me (and 100s of others that Sortie made quit).

Surely people that play and make money from FFXI want to keep filthy casuals subbed so it lasts longer?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-12 09:58:41  
K123 said: »
Everyone feels like I do, and if they say they don't, they're lying.
By K123 2024-07-12 10:09:08  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Everyone feels like I do, and if they say they don't, they're lying. I also lack the ability to comprehend hypocrisy and irony.
Typical of you to resort to shitposting.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
サーバ: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-07-12 10:12:43  
That was funny as sh|t

@melliny
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-12 10:48:41  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I hope I beat Bumba tonight
I am *** tired of SE
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-12 11:04:38  
I hope I beat Bumba tonight
I am *** tired of SE

You know we dont want to risk losing you as a community user, so we are all hoping Bumba to keep winning so you can stay with us for longer.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2024-07-12 11:07:02  
Does last month's XIView (KenshiDRK, Caradog) work with this update? I haven't tried it since I don't want to break anything but was wondering if anybody has put it and if things work normally. I don't like not having it, everything looks *funny* :D
By Phex 2024-07-12 11:10:10  
K, i think we got it. The Sortie RoE was something new and no game-changer...

Dear SE, lets be kind (and make more money with returning players) and give us +10% muffins each non-player-slot in party! Thx.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-12 11:21:07  
Phex said: »
Dear SE, lets be kind (and make more money with returning players) and give us +10% muffins each non-player-slot in party! Thx.

Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2024-07-12 11:21:12  
My friends make Sortie fun to do, we should all make more friends.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-07-12 11:29:35  
Shiva.Myamoto said: »

I think it's less that this is working people up by itself and more the culmination of the past few years and frustrations over the way content has gone.

I agree that the situation is a bit overblown but people are agitated as is given the way some of this content has been implemented and delivered, this is just a bit more fuel on an already large fire.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-12 11:30:56  
Pantafernando said: »
You know we dont want to risk losing you as a community user, so we are all hoping Bumba to keep winning so you can stay with us for longer.

[+]
 Fenrir.Selamis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Selamis
By Fenrir.Selamis 2024-07-12 11:53:01  
Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq said: »
Does last month's XIView (KenshiDRK, Caradog) work with this update? I haven't tried it since I don't want to break anything but was wondering if anybody has put it and if things work normally. I don't like not having it, everything looks *funny* :D

I re-installed last month's Caradog XIView last night, no issues to report, seems to work fine.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2024-07-12 12:38:09  
Fenrir.Selamis said: »

I re-installed last month's Caradog XIView last night, no issues to report, seems to work fine.

Great! Thanks for the confirmation, will do that right away!
By Draylo 2024-07-12 15:53:06  
Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
I am kind of concerned that they haven't released any new end-game gear, zones, quests, missions, etc. in many months. Anyone in software development knows that's a sign of end-of-life or a long break, really. The recent updates are just maintenance mode without any new content obviously.

They blatently told us the game had reached the end of its development cycle over a year ago. I don't know why people would be surprised when no new content comes our way. The game will never get any new major content or events ever again. Sortie is the final frontier. It's the end of the road. Apart from possibly a random master trial or cosmetic to appeal to us here and there there won't be anything more. Vanadiel's growth is over.

You keep repeating this but I'm willing to bet you are wrong
[+]
By tallica 2024-07-12 15:59:58  
Fenrir.Selamis said: »

Great! Thanks for the confirmation, will do that right away!
Kenshi's from last month working too
By Seun 2024-07-12 18:32:53  
Draylo said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
I am kind of concerned that they haven't released any new end-game gear, zones, quests, missions, etc. in many months. Anyone in software development knows that's a sign of end-of-life or a long break, really. The recent updates are just maintenance mode without any new content obviously.

They blatently told us the game had reached the end of its development cycle over a year ago. I don't know why people would be surprised when no new content comes our way. The game will never get any new major content or events ever again. Sortie is the final frontier. It's the end of the road. Apart from possibly a random master trial or cosmetic to appeal to us here and there there won't be anything more. Vanadiel's growth is over.

You keep repeating this but I'm willing to bet you are wrong

Draylo is right. Sadly, that content is being put into the game that actually makes SE money. Keep your money and your doll collection.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-07-12 18:47:31  
You make 0 sense, but cool jab, I will keep them you weirdo. Not a single year they've not added any new content, including right after RoV when they said they would stop all major updates. Not since 75 era, when we really had no new content for ages. But keep your doomsday hats on, surely you are being beneficial to someone who stays around a video game forum of a game they dislike and want to fail. I'll keep my dolls instead of being that lame. Of course I'll save these quotes for when the next content comes out and they move their line in the sand (master trials don't count! Even though it was new)
By Seun 2024-07-12 19:23:53  
Our options were:

A) Get new servers and the game lives on.
B) Get new content and the game dies when the servers collapse.

It was never up to us, but I think they made the right choice here. Consider that people who are more realistic than you about the situation, might want the content as much or more than you do.
By Draylo 2024-07-12 19:30:14  
Not once did they say there will never be new Content. Show me the quote. I follow their words a lot more closely than almost anyone here given how much I care about the game. They said content would be light this year so they could work on the back end for the games longevity. This guy I quoted constantly spouts the same paragraph of doomsday slop that all the disgruntled bored players love to +1. It doesn't make it factual. So I gave a counter opinion and you for some reason brought my RL hobby into it to take a jab? Weird, weird.

If they literally back tracked from saying no new major content post RoV, I just don't believe they would willingly drain a stable source of income. Granted this is SE we are discussing, but I can't claim to be a armchair doomsday prophet like melleny
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-07-12 19:53:50  
I was disappointed with this update for about 10 seconds. After reading what SE had changed, I rolled my eyes, and then continued with my day. No outrage. No losing sleep over it.

The earring system sucks, and doing little to help that is not surprising given SE's track record. 99% of players continued on with their day and put it to the back of their minds. If anyone quit over this update, they were just looking for a reason to convince them to do so.
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-12 20:26:03  
Are you self-employed or independently wealthy?

Show me the quote.

Business speak in codes, Draylo. It's more about what they don't say. There is a team of psychologists at SE who's sole responsibility it is, to craft a neutral canned response that doesn't come across as negative. If it does come across as negative, it's always attached to something or someone who is leaving or being relocated.

Yoshi P is not gonna come out and say "It's over for FFXI" because he knows damn well that you'd shatter into a thousand pieces. It's a lot less depressing to see you wait around for the next decade with your fingers crossed.

New content is new content, not old content with different mobs, objectives, music, ect. Odyssey was Walk of Echoes, Sortie was Vagary, ect.
By Hopalong 2024-07-12 20:45:51  
I went on SE page to eliminate wardrobes/alts. My antivirus or whatever wouldn't let me enter the website (maybe because it is JP)? Anyways I had to go to their public website and search for the FFXI game and its just not there from what I saw. SE has like 20+game banners they are promoting in front of ffxi, in fact, not promoting or even showing ffxi at all, at least I didn't see it.

The earrings debate is great to watch. I personally got a close or maybe maxed +2 earring on my like second sortie a year ago or so. Guess what... its PUP. Nothing since then but my chances of a +2 earring are pretty slim considering I'm a regular person that isn't scheduling their off time around a ruined and broken death town of a game even though I love it so much. I'm just, not going to do it. A lot of what everyone is saying resonates, I guess I felt this way always about SE, the negatives which are inexplicably square enix forgotten stepchild treatment of ffxi and the positives that it is just a game, love it or leave it.
By Draylo 2024-07-12 21:07:47  
Seun said: »
Are you self-employed or independently wealthy?

Show me the quote.

Business speak in codes, Draylo. It's more about what they don't say. There is a team of psychologists at SE who's sole responsibility it is, to craft a neutral canned response that doesn't come across as negative. If it does come across as negative, it's always attached to something or someone who is leaving or being relocated.

Yoshi P is not gonna come out and say "It's over for FFXI" because he knows damn well that you'd shatter into a thousand pieces. It's a lot less depressing to see you wait around for the next decade with your fingers crossed.

New content is new content, not old content with different mobs, objectives, music, ect. Odyssey was Walk of Echoes, Sortie was Vagary, ect.

I don't get why you keep bringing my RL up in this discussion. Leave my dolls alone.

I just disagree. I agree they are treating it very poorly. But I still think we will see content next year. To me, content is something that is fresh and keeps ppl engaged and subbed. XI has reused assets for decades, so that's a bit of a stretch. Even XIV is reusing assets, but anyway I gave my opinion. Let's see who's right next year, I'm gonna screencap these quotes so I can say I told you so. I'm not gonna shatter, I have a wide variety of hobbies and interests, I just truly have a special place for this game so I would be sad but not destroyed lol. I'm sure they wouldn't let a numbered FF game dissappear with a whimper, while remastering crap like Chrystal chronicles and chocobo racing.
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-12 21:16:33  
I don't get why you keep bringing my RL up in this discussion. Leave my dolls alone.

I asked because you seemed kinda ignorant to this part of business. I get that you want to believe it, but you should know that they're banking on that. Literally.

I hope you're not the guy here in a decade still keeping lamps lit. The dolls are far less cringe imo.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8