CoP Ring.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » CoP ring.
CoP ring.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-09 09:05:25  
I skimmed the thread, so I am sorry if some one mentioned this before.

But as a EG PLD (outside of dynamis) you will be using a Joyeuse and spamming atonement.

Rajas gets you to 100TP with 1 less swing, which is around 5% increase in WS rate (can not be exact due to the multi hit nature of the sword), and as Atonement accounts ~90% of the enmity you will generate through meleeing, rajas is 4% increase in enmity.

Sattva gives you 3% increase in enmity gained from any enmity action (not just meleeing), but it is replaceable with a +2 enmity ring, so over all you only gain 1% enmity per action over the AH alternatives.

So the comparison comes down to, a nice boost to your enmity gained from melee (and decent increase in your damage output) or a minor increase in enmity for every hate action you do.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-09 09:16:32  
As for rajas vs tamas.

As ever one has pointed out, Tamas is a snow, aqua, ether and troopers ring glued together (or close to it).

Now as every one also mentioned, you never need INT an MND together. But you do want a Stat and - enmity for a lot of things. Tamas is a big boost to a BLM, giving them a 3% cut in the enmity from nukes while still giving full damage and WHM as you get the drop in enmity and MND (only really important for cure 5).

There is one other option for a -enmity (to go with the troopers you should already be using for cures), Serene Ring, but that's expensive and quite rare.

Again it comes back to percentages, tamas allows you to do 3% more 'stuff' without pulling hate.

All in all, if I were you, I would take tamas, unless you intend on getting into HNM tanking or the such as tamas covers more jobs and works in every situation (not just atonement spamming on pld)
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-09 09:57:17  
<derail>
Enternius said:
No matter what you're doing on a mage job, you'll never need both INT and MND

The only exception to this is regurgitation for blu
</derail>

Basic summary is that Rajas is by far the best of the three. If you're a very serious mage and only have 1 or 2 melee jobs, then you might want to choose tamas over rajas for the boost in mp and -enmity that snow/aqua won't offer you. However, I know some pretty serious mages that still chose rajas. The advantages of rajas over a standard +5 STR ring are far greater than the advantages of tamas over a standard +5 MND or INT ring.

And as Tamas is for serious mages, Sattva is for serious pld's, unless they're /nin, which in most cases a serious pld will be. I think the only real place Sattva has in the game at all any more is for a dynamis dedicated pld/war. It's pretty much the only place where pld still uses /war (that I'm aware of) and also where the fights are so short that the +3 enmity will mean a lot more than a gimpy atonement.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-09 12:41:45  
Still leaning towords Rajas. I don't know why either v_v

Alot of good facts or good data given about rajas, and then some good info about Sattva.. I don't know. If anything, I'll grab one, try it for awhile, and change if needed
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-09 12:43:53  
Midgardsormr.Renala said:

Alot of good facts or good data given about rajas, and then some good info about Sattva.. I don't know. If anything, I'll grab one, try it for awhile, and change if needed

The month-long wait for rings is horrific.

I mean like it doesn't sound like much at first but omg, once you actually start waiting, you get all fidgety waiting for it and checking it every 2 hours >.> Idk.

I still side with Rajas. If it's really a dilemma, you can do the GM item recall thing and technically get both.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-09 13:07:31  
Siren.Enternius said:

The month-long wait for rings is horrific.

I mean like it doesn't sound like much at first but omg, once you actually start waiting, you get all fidgety waiting for it and checking it every 2 hours >.> Idk.

I still side with Rajas. If it's really a dilemma, you can do the GM item recall thing and technically get both.

Lol. Well, from what I hear first time you drop it you can pick one up immediately. But after that its 27/28 days. Which the GM thing would be a hoot... until I get reported x.x
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-09 13:12:39  
Lol. Well, from what I hear first time you drop it you can pick one up immediately. But after that its 27/28 days. Which the GM thing would be a hoot... until I get reported x.x

Lol, just don't wear both at the same time xD

Yeah, first time is instant, but then if you want to switch back or something you get to wait forever.
 Bahamut.Artemiz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Artemiz
By Bahamut.Artemiz 2009-11-09 14:48:40  
Well if my experience is anything to go by I have blm, pld and war at 75, I use pld the most by far and for the tougher events(god fights, Omega etc..) War is my fun job really, I do limbus chip farming, nyzul etc.. With blm I tend to just do low man mage type stuff, despot farming etc...

So for me at least it should be a tough decision as I could easily use all 3 rings but I chose Rajas and haven't regretted it for a second.

Tamas is nice for mages who want to save a million gil I guess, it's good at what it does but for the most part it's just a rare/ex version of what you should be wearing anyway (+5 stat rings) Even if a player couldn't afford +5 int rings for nuking, the difference between a +4 int ring (50k) and Tamas would be a couple of points of damage at most, even on a T4 nuke. I'm no whm but I can't see it making too much difference on cures either.

Sattva is a good ring but it has many rivals, it does nothing outstanding compared to them and that sadly means it's only true selling point is that it has one more enmity than a mermaid ring, which costs 80k. Enmity rings really should be macro only so the hp are almost meaningless on it (unless it's part of your cheat cure macro which it is very good for) So as an "EG pld" all I would get out of Sattva ring is nice town gear and one more enmity than I would have if I had no CoP ring.

Rajas is a very good ring for 1 handers but amazing for 2 handed melee jobs. Unlike Sattva ring the stats are both relevant and highly desired which make Rajas a very nice DoT ring but it's all about the store TP with Rajas. That's what really sets it apart from the other two rings, +5 store tp seems just enough for 2 handers so they can drop one hit to weapon skill easily and without loosing too many other good stats. For example, on war/nin Rajas alone turns a 8 hit into a 7 hit, change to /sam and Rajas makes a 6 hit easy to achieve. The same thing happens with pole arm and it's the Rajas that makes it all possible.

Pld is my main job, it's the job I'm best at playing, it's the job I choose gear for (ACP etc..) and it's the job I like to pamper the most but I still picked Rajas because for DD jobs (especially 2 handers) it's still one of the best individual pieces in the game, up their with Haubergeon +1. The other 2 CoP rings are rivaled easily by budget AH pieces and sensible gear swapping, Rajas is peerless.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Equivocator 2009-11-15 18:54:05  
The way I look at it is;

Sattva can never be replaced as a tanking ring for PLD. Rings can come close, but nothing can (yet) replace it.

Rajas on the other hand also cannot be replaced by any ring for every single Melee in the game (Inc PLD in a DD build.) No other Ring can even remotely come close to replacing it.

As a result, even though PLD is by far my main, I chose Rajas.

Same Deal for Knights/Suppa. You can get stuff close to Knights, nothing comes close to Suppa.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [99 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Helder
サーバ: Alexander
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-22 23:59:12  
Alright, New job topic to make...

So, I beat CoP last night, going around and doing the final CS's now, But I'm in a crunch:

Rajas or Sattva?

I'm looking at it this way. I'm doing everything and anything for pld, Ex working on burt and aegis? Yeah, I'm crazy about pld. I'm trying to gear it to the best I can, So the question comes to be, Which rings are best for this? Sattva seems to be good, 4 rings in one or so. (Vit, agi, minor hp, and enm) I know BQR, BBR, and DR are awsome, and they're a work in progress. Right now I have Jelly ring, An auguemented ring(Mythril ring, 4hp -4mp 13hp 4att 1 subtle blow, go me? x.x), Herc band, and patronus ring.

I'm not sure what to pick. Please don't reply with just "Rajas or gtfo" I want some feedback for once -.- Thanks

get a sattva and when u have a DD job 75 get a rajas...
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-02-23 00:06:37  
Them necro bumps.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-23 00:06:51  
just a wild guess but i think it's possible op might have made their decision by this point
 Fairy.Shiyo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-23 00:07:16  
Rajas is better than a sattva for PLD. DD ftw!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-23 00:09:52  
Fairy.Shiyo said:
Rajas is better than a sattva for PLD. DD ftw!

not that it's too relevant to the op at this point but yes, this, exactly

reading all the sattva responses was pretty /facepalm
 Leviathan.Natsuchii
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Natsuchii
By Leviathan.Natsuchii 2010-02-23 00:38:44  
wow necro bump.
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-23 02:52:27  
gawds i read through this ia feel as though i lost the ability to think. The "get the sattva" post make me want to cry.