|
|
New UI
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1297
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2026-09-09 10:54:45
Can no longer access the site at work, zscalar is blocking it. Just mentioning it cuz the timing is suspiciously coinciding with the new ui
By Kadokawa 2026-09-09 12:37:39
I love the new UI !!!!
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 497
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2026-09-09 14:50:14
Can no longer access the site at work, zscalar is blocking it. Just mentioning it cuz the timing is suspiciously coinciding with the new ui
I'm at work with zscaler site works fine (old and new UI).
I know very little about zscaler so wouldn't surprise me if different companies have different profiles though.
By Scragg 2026-09-09 17:00:35
Updated:
News entries have a number indicator
FFXIclopedia links added
Boosted item results in search
Posts from blocked users should not show
Fixed the youtube embed glitch
The new ui has been deployed for a few weeks. I recently just added the link that enables it via cookie. So I'm not sure what would flag zscaler.
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1297
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2026-09-09 17:34:02
:) yeah don't mind me, I got to enjoy all sites I frequent dropping 1 by 1 all day long as zscalar started to block them. first ah then bg and so on, still can use discord in browser for now...
By Draylo 2026-09-09 23:12:12
the "undead" section of the forums doesnt show in latest topics
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 34
By Bahamut.Perigueux 2026-09-10 11:21:11
Hey Scragg, thanks for the updates. Couple things I noticed:
1. Enlarged images on the mobile site can’t be fully viewed (scrolled). For example: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/59120/september-2026-version-update/2#3797837
2. The chain link icon on a post gives no visual feedback that it’s actually been copied to the clipboard. I kept clicking it thinking it doesn’t work.
3. Forum usernames are cutoff on mobile when logged in, so instead of the full "Server.Name" it’s "Carbuncle.Mie…" etc., for example.
By AegParm 2026-09-10 11:52:19
I love the new mobile UI. Maybe I'm dumb, but on mobile I don't see a way to change or confirm which server I'm looking at?
By fridgeracer 2026-09-10 12:21:27
Scragg, the new site layout is stonking good for mobile use. I have a quite small cellphone (480x640) and the new UI is very serviceable. A bit of cutoff here and there, but that's to be expected on a resolution like that. So, don't take that as a complaint, just an observation.
Lovely :)
I prefer the old UI on desktop simply because it's very compact which I like on a big screen. Thank you for keeping it around!
I love the new mobile UI. Maybe I'm dumb, but on mobile I don't see a way to change or confirm which server I'm looking at?
Can't find it either.
[+]
By kaffy 2026-09-10 12:24:37
What was the motivation behind focusing on mobile formatting? Everyone is already on PC playing and would seem to me much more likely to tab to a browser rather than pick up a phone.
Thanks for keeping the old look. Hard to adjust to all the empty space in the new layout.
By fridgeracer 2026-09-10 12:29:47
Everyone is already on PC playing and would seem to me much more likely to tab to a browser rather than pick up a phone.
If nothing else, it's good if you need to look something up on the go, lol
Bahamut.Alseyn
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 26
By Bahamut.Alseyn 2026-09-10 19:25:33
Everyone is already on PC playing and would seem to me much more likely to tab to a browser rather than pick up a phone.
I think there's a decent enough amount of people playing on Steam Deck and the like, or streaming to a TV.
By Draylo 2026-09-10 21:13:44
Or just not at home.. so its a welcome addition
By benjaman 2026-09-11 00:02:12
[+]
By Kayte 2026-09-11 04:13:39
For what it's worth, on my phone, the way forum posts are in the new version makes the user's name the least prioritized piece of the poster information so I can't even see Shadowlina's name on the post because it gets hidden by the title/icons/etc.
Things like a title and various links should probably go on a new line under the name in my opinion.
[+]
Ragnarok.Reze
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 29
By Ragnarok.Reze 2026-09-11 08:40:48
Love the work on the new design. I might not be aware of it, but in the classic layout there's one button I can click to take me to my character's page from the main page, is there something like this on the new design? Right now I click my profile, click characters, then clicking on the character- really miss the simple one click method of getting there.
My only other large gripe atm is the sold to/bought from layout of the sales history makes it a little more cumbersome to view incoming/outgoing gil than the original layout.
Bahamut.Neodux
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 3
By Bahamut.Neodux 2026-09-11 19:03:16
Love the work on the new design. I might not be aware of it, but in the classic layout there's one button I can click to take me to my character's page from the main page, is there something like this on the new design? Right now I click my profile, click characters, then clicking on the character- really miss the simple one click method of getting there.
My only other large gripe atm is the sold to/bought from layout of the sales history makes it a little more cumbersome to view incoming/outgoing gil than the original layout.
i agree. the new layout is kinda slick looking, but these are my same gripes as well
By King123 2026-09-13 20:05:44
Where is the UI toggle supposed to be?
By fridgeracer 2026-09-14 06:19:33
Where is the UI toggle supposed to be?
On the old layout, it's in the sidebar. You have to scroll all the way up to see it.
In the mobile layout, it's in the top right.
[+]
Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2026-09-14 12:51:44
Honestly, thank you for your hard work to continue updating this website. It's nice to come back to the game after so long and still have this companion site!
[+]
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1112
By Asura.Melliny 2026-09-16 02:04:19
I appreciate all the work you guys put into keeping the site updated. I don't have too much to add to the discussion, but there is one thing that sticks out to me. The some of the icons for the items have borders they never used to. It almost looks like half of these are intended for dark mode and half are light mode. Maybe you're working on updating all of them and only some have been changed, or maybe something is off. I don't know. I just know it didn't look that way before.
[+]
Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 11615
By Asura.Sechs 2026-09-16 03:35:10
I think it's a simple CSS rendering/background conflict with the new code and the small images used as icon for those types of list.
Should be a simple fix
Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1327
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2026-09-16 23:35:35
Tried the new ui on pc noticed my "equipped gear" was from weeks ago and did not match my current gear like the normal page.
By premiumvirtue 2026-09-17 04:19:07
Love the new UI! very simple and finally got a dark mode!!
[+]
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1112
By Asura.Melliny 2026-09-17 16:45:05
Quote: Love the new UI! very simple and finally got a dark mode!!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 16
By Shiva.Magified 2026-09-18 18:48:22
Scragg, most of the new ui looks great but the rewards pages are pretty much unusable in the new ui:
https://www.ffxiah.com/rewards/ambuscade
They changed from being a table to a list, and also seem to be ramming only a subset of the table row data into the list.
example
Gil/Gallantry
exists but
Gil/Hallmark
does not
old:
new:
Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4603
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2026-09-22 17:51:57
Another thing I noticed in the new UI (it's much better now and I'd say possibly better for mobile?) is that quoting is kind of borked.
If I highlight part of a post by someone, then click the quote button on the old site, it quotes the part I highlighted.
If I do the same thing on the new UI, it quotes the entire post and not the part I highlighted.
I do this a lot and going back to delete the irrelevant parts of their post, especially if there are many layered html elements, is super annoying. If this could be fixed to work the way it does in the old UI, it would be significantly more user-friendly IMO.
By Scragg 2026-09-22 21:46:56
Scragg, most of the new ui looks great but the rewards pages are pretty much unusable in the new ui:
https://www.ffxiah.com/rewards/ambuscade
They changed from being a table to a list, and also seem to be ramming only a subset of the table row data into the list.
example
Gil/Gallantry
exists but
Gil/Hallmark
does not
Rewards page has been reworked for larger screens
If I highlight part of a post by someone, then click the quote button on the old site, it quotes the part I highlighted.
This should be fixed
[+]
By Scragg 2026-09-22 21:47:32
Tried the new ui on pc noticed my "equipped gear" was from weeks ago and did not match my current gear like the normal page. This should be fixed
[+]
Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4603
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2026-09-22 21:51:13
[+]
We've enabled a mobile friendly version of FFXIAH (works well on desktop too). It can be accessed via the new UI button on the side nav.
You can switch back using a button on the top right of the new UI. The classic FFXIAH design will be supported indefinitely.
The new UI should have most of the capabilities of the original, let me know if it's missing something.
Credit goes to Otak of Fenrir for the image, she also designed my avatar (I need a new one with grey hair). https://www.deviantart.com/lurazeda
If you would like to have your fan art showcased at the top for holidays or events, let me know. I will try to make it happen.
Mobile — Light Mode

|
Mobile — Dark Mode

|
Tablet — Light Mode

|
Tablet — Dark Mode

|
Desktop — Light Mode

|
Desktop — Dark Mode

|
|
|