Galka Mech

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
8524 users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Dat Modding » Galka mech
Galka mech
 Asura.Miketrout
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Miketrout
Posts: 8
By Asura.Miketrout 2026-09-28 03:19:09  
I'm not a galka, I'm a Taru controlling a Galka like a big ol fighting robot.


[+]
Offline
By berndarmin 2026-09-28 08:56:14  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Offline
Posts: 454
By Genoxd 2026-09-28 09:37:50  
This still doesn't make it okay to be a galka
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
User: Jinxs
Posts: 1321
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2026-09-28 11:16:24  
I think we are well overdue for addon to see friends dat file swaps.
I think it would add some entertainment variety to this game.
But I feel like I also have to add a disclaimer to this after what happened in ffxiv.

Things I wanna see, someone wearing a banana suit during sortie or a master chief costume.
Things I don't wanna see, weird roleplay and weird sexual fetishes.

If you are gonna be a mecha-galka go all the way and continue the aesthetic on the arms, legs and head.
Add some bolts and convert the warrior jse into hydraulic joints
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: melphina
Posts: 1112
By Asura.Melliny 2026-09-28 12:12:15  
Quote:
I think we are well overdue for addon to see friends dat file swaps.


First, I don't think that's possible in FF 11's game engine. In FF 11 .dat models are loaded when you zone, and reloaded when you zone again. If you overwrite a .dat with a modded version while you're standing in town it doesn't get reflected until either you zone, or in the event of a gear piece, when that race/gear combo is no longer visible on screen (character wearing it blinking or running off screen and no other characters of same race wearing same piece close by). Gear and zone dats are ONLY called and loaded when they are necessary, and they stop being used as soon as they’re no longer required. This was to limit the amount of data consumed back during the era of "Ps2 limitations".

In 14 the feat of mod sharing was accomplished with a third party app that cached the mods assigned to player A as well as player B. The app then transferred the cached data between each player and displayed their models on a one to one basis based off of what was assigned to that player via the cache. That functionality does not work in FF 11.

Edit:

Quote:

Oh it's definitely possible in FFXI but someone would have to pay for the servers to run the backend of the system


Ok, never mind then. I guess I stand corrected.
Offline
Posts: 454
By Genoxd 2026-09-28 13:12:21  
Oh it's definitely possible in FFXI but someone would have to pay for the servers to run the backend of the system
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
User: Jinxs
Posts: 1321
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2026-09-28 14:29:02  
I think there is enough dat files per race that aren't used that can be used as the template holders. Something like 16 sets I was playing with it a while back by combining xipivot and dressup to make something easier to test random costumes without having to constantly specify target dat files.

Anyways I gave ai your images but I didn't really specify it enough but.. it built this which was too funny not to share off a first prompt





I would have chosen a different armor but looks like modding a taru into the chest of a galka is very doable.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
User: Jinxs
Posts: 1321
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2026-09-28 22:31:45  
Don't feel like you have to use this, I just got a little inspired by your art.
This is like the second prompt and it ran while I did sortie.

I had it refine the cockpit module a little bit to be more like your character and I was expecting it to output just the object.

It chose to just to also bake it into the kabob shirt, unfortunately in the center of the kabab, so a datfile is included in the zip


https://imgur.com/a/XO7Tlm4

ROM/363/58.DAT

https://github.com/State-Null/DatFiles/blob/main/GalkaMechExperiment/Galka_Cockpit_Pilot_Module.zip

EDIT: Apparently it also included the python script it used to attach it so you can use any preexisting dat file assuming you have blender and python
[+]
 Asura.Miketrout
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Miketrout
Posts: 8
By Asura.Miketrout 2026-09-29 00:31:09  
Damn that's sweet! I'll have to tinker with that. Thank you.
VIP
Offline
Posts: 1228
By Lili 2026-09-29 08:43:47  
Worth keeping in mind that the one single time that SE sent a cease and desist to an addon author, it was when they cracked down exactly on what you're talking about - the thing that let users share dat mods among each other. Mostly because there were porn mods, which something like this enables basically from day 1.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: melphina
Posts: 1112
By Asura.Melliny 2026-09-29 09:03:45  
It kind of looks like a taru is looking out through the port hole of a submarine, hehe. This is pretty cool.
Offline
By kaffy 2026-09-29 09:20:11  
Reminds me of Krang.

[+]
By Tanag 2026-09-29 10:40:09  
Lili said: »
Worth keeping in mind that the one single time that SE sent a cease and desist to an addon author, it was when they cracked down exactly on what you're talking about - the thing that let users share dat mods among each other. Mostly because there were porn mods, which something like this enables basically from day 1.

Yeah creating a dat sharing addon/service is a bad idea. It's the 1 thing SE has ever cared about and taken legal action against.
 Asura.Miketrout
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Miketrout
Posts: 8
By Asura.Miketrout 2026-09-29 12:45:02  
Yeah that's where I got the idea from, Krang.
Offline
By kaffy 2026-09-29 13:34:38  
The top pic in the OP is great quality, what did you use?