Stoneskin Help!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Stoneskin Help!
Stoneskin Help!
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-09-19 14:15:36  
So! In geeky math terms:

Let F be the damage absorbed by Stoneskin:
[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/wikitex/images/0/07/072/6ef43c05ef0a556f59c5ac8fce6741.png[/IMG]
where X = (Enhancing Magic Skill/3) + MIND
(Formula found on http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Stoneskin)

Does this mean that wearing a Promise Badge with Mind +5 while casting Stoneskin will have a more beneficial effect than wearing an Enhancing Torque with Enhancing Magic +7? :O
 Shiva.Vexarana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Vexarana
By Shiva.Vexarana 2008-09-19 22:30:14  
Yes.
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2008-09-19 22:40:56  
Silly, isn't it? And make sure you're using the water staff (or kirin's, if you have that) for all the +MND you can get. Everytime I see a mage casting SS with earth's staff i just shake my head.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-09-20 09:12:08  
Yeah, that's what I've been reading about. I'm a PLD main, and just started on my RDM sub, and I was always wondering what the modifier for Stoneskin was. People told me it was mainly Mind, so I looked into it. Thanks for confirming, guys (^^)v
 Fairy.Rog
サーバ: Fairy
user: Roger
By Fairy.Rog 2008-09-25 22:46:18  
Mithano said:
Silly, isn't it? And make sure you're using the water staff (or kirin's, if you have that) for all the +MND you can get. Everytime I see a mage casting SS with earth's staff i just shake my head.

-20% physical damage does alot more than a few points of mnd when your ss is already capped. it's incredibly easy for a rdm or whm to cap SS, even with haste/-dmg% gear on.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-09-26 09:54:30  
If my math is correct. A 75 Elvaan RDM/WHM would only need MND +14 to cap out SS. A Tarutaru WHM/SMN would need +28. A Tarutaru BLM/RDM needs a whopping MND +55. A Hume RDM/WHM needs +23.

These numbers are all assuming capped Enhancing magic which can be very hard to get.

Errant Houppelande and Penitent's Rope already put the Elvaan RDM over the cap so they can probably always use whatever they want for a Staff.
 Shiva.Vexarana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Vexarana
By Shiva.Vexarana 2008-09-26 19:18:19  
Claquesous said:
If my math is correct. A 75 Elvaan RDM/WHM would only need MND +14 to cap out SS. A Tarutaru WHM/SMN would need +28. A Tarutaru BLM/RDM needs a whopping MND +55. A Hume RDM/WHM needs +23.

These numbers are all assuming capped Enhancing magic which can be very hard to get.

Errant Houppelande and Penitent's Rope already put the Elvaan RDM over the cap so they can probably always use whatever they want for a Staff.

Also, you are forgetting +Enhancing skill items.

I am sure there are some for each job, and they would help to provide a boost in areas where you could not get a +MND boost.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [488 days between previous and next post]
By Rangappa 2010-01-27 21:56:53  
how does -20% damage reduction factor into the ss modifiers? lets think before we post
[+]
By Rangappa 2010-01-27 21:57:51  
guess i wasnt thinking, what a bump, im gunna go to bed now
[+]