users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Rumors
Rumors
First Page 2
 Siren.Velvetlove
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Velvetlove 2009-11-14 04:11:54  
I heard they are going to come out with two more expansions for ffxi. What have you heard?
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-14 04:32:27  
The November major version update, starring the third and final add-on scenario, "A Shantotto Ascension—The Legend Torn, Her Empire Born," is now available for your downloading pleasure! With compelling new Wings of the Goddess quests, more heart-pounding action with the Moblin Maze Mongers, a host of job adjustments, and throngs of game-enhancing tweaks across the board, there is bound to be something for adventurers of all stripes!
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-11-14 04:37:13  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
The November major version update, starring the third and final add-on scenario, "A Shantotto Ascension—The Legend Torn, Her Empire Born," is now available for your downloading pleasure! With compelling new Wings of the Goddess quests, more heart-pounding action with the Moblin Maze Mongers, a host of job adjustments, and throngs of game-enhancing tweaks across the board, there is bound to be something for adventurers of all stripes!

I think the OP was asking about actual expansions, such as CoP, ToAU, etc. The last three add-on scenarios aren't expansions.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-14 04:44:47  
There would only be a rumor of one if anything, so judged on that fact i would say this isn't true for the time being.

They have never announced more than 1 FULL expansion at a time however they have come out with one, and half way through it they would announce another.

So no... i highly doubt it for now.

I don't think FFXI is even near done yet though, i can forsee a good 1-2 years more of content easy.

(inb4 FFXIV takes over fanboys)
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-11-14 04:50:10  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
There would only be a rumor of one if anything, so judged on that fact i would say this isn't true for the time being.

They have never announced more than 1 FULL expansion at a time however they have come out with one, and half way through it they would announce another.

So no... i highly doubt it for now.

I don't think FFXI is even near done yet though, i can forsee a good 1-2 years more of content easy.

(inb4 FFXIV takes over fanboys)

Agreed. SE's already said they'll keep adding content as long as there is interest by the player base in FFXI, so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch I wouldn't think for another expansion or two to come out somewhere down the line. As far as hearing anything about any new expansions coming out, I haven't heard anything. I doubt that if they were to announce it, they wouldn't do it so close to the release of the latest add-on scenario.

To the OP, out of curiosity, where did you read/hear this?
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-14 05:47:19  
I heard yo momma is fat. True story.
[+]
 Siren.Velvetlove
By Siren.Velvetlove 2009-11-15 04:32:29  
I heard it from some people in a party. They said they found the info on some JP site.
[+]
 Remora.Redchaos
サーバ: Remora
user: Redchaos
By Remora.Redchaos 2009-11-15 07:19:38  
lol rumors based on a xp pt figures
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vawn
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-11-18 09:51:28  
I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from another that you've been messing around.
[+]
By Mikumaru 2009-11-18 10:03:24  
Odin.Blazza said:
I heard yo momma is fat. True story.
OMG who told you ; . ;
 Unicorn.Ignasio
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2009-11-18 10:04:57  
Lakshmi.Vawn said:
I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from another that you've been messing around.

They said you've got a boyfriend, You're out late every weekend. They're talking about you, and it's bring me doooooown.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-18 10:07:14  
I bet with the next version update they'll announce the next upcoming expansion. We'll get a few more WoTG missions. Then we'll wait 3 more months for next version update with some quests and more teasers about the next expansion. Then the 3rd update from now will probably have the new expansion and the completion of WoTG with endgame area.

Just speculation.
[+]
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-11-18 10:15:36  
I heard you liek mudkipz.

Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-18 10:17:14  
Do we need the attacks really?

I mean, even if you are just playing around, somebody might (and probably will) not see it as "just playing around."

I hope they will make a new expansion though, that would keep this game going for another 2 years at least.
[+]
By Mikumaru 2009-11-18 10:40:35  
i honestly cant really see where they would go with a 5th expansion . i mean all the normnal Final Fantsy Areas are pretty much covered right ? An Area in the Sky , an Area 'under water' , Access to time travel , A lost empire rediscovered . am i missing anything ? I mean they hint at ToAU in CoP , anyone who has recieved Hommam or Nashira knows , the basis of FFXI kinda points to WoTG aka DSoA (figuring out the past event to lead to the present) . I can see them adding content such as Evolith , as an example , but as far as story lines go i think when they complete Altana , thats it . i mean srsly how many story lines do we need ? i heard WoW doesnt really have a story and look how popluar that is .
 Garuda.Feifongwong
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-11-18 10:45:28  
Asura.Korpg said:
I hope they will make a new expansion though, that would keep this game going for another 2 years at least.

I agree, I hope that once WOTG is closer to finishing that another expansion is released. I probably will play FFXIV eventually, but I intend to play FFXI for a long time still.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-18 10:46:51  
We have been to the "Far East" and are currently in the "Middle Lands"

There's the Northern Lands that still can be explored. And its talked about too.

We got the southern islands too

Don't know whats West though.
[+]
 Alexander.Hasiano
サーバ: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2009-11-18 11:08:27  
if you take a look at a map of the entire world of vana'diel (i think i saw one somewhere), theres plenty of possble places to to go and explore, lets hope SE will open those before they close the game down.
 Lakshmi.Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-11-18 11:18:49  
Asura.Korpg said:
We have been to the "Far East"

No we haven't.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-11-18 11:32:54  
Of course you have to remember that map is fan-made and not offical. Although a lot of the map is derived from in-game clues.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-18 11:37:34  
they should just kill FFXI and stop putting out more expansions. SE is starting to look like that trailer trash hooker who can't stop shitting babies.
 Siren.Murdock
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-11-18 11:44:00  
I hope FFXI ends up like EQ1.
 Lakshmi.Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-11-18 11:45:52  
As in still being the MMO of choice even after its "sequel" is released?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-18 11:46:45  
just send out one free, final add-on appropriately named "The Death of FFXI", where you do missions that show the cataclysmic end of the game. FF14 can be FFXI's alternate ego.
 Lakshmi.Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-11-18 11:50:18  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
just send out one free, final add-on appropriately named "The Death of FFXI", where you do missions that show the cataclysmic end of the game. FF14 can be FFXI's alternate ego.

If a MMO company treated its players like that, I sure as hell wouldn't be playing their next MMO.
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-18 12:03:02  
I think he was joking "Boko".
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-18 12:04:01  
Lakshmi.Vawn said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

If a MMO company treated its players like that, I sure as hell wouldn't be playing their next MMO.

think of it as a way to "Go out in a blaze of glory."

Vana'diel gets completely destroyed by a giant *** raping badass, then Altana creates another Vana'diel in an alternate universe.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-11-18 12:08:24  
Siren.Velvetlove said:
I heard it from some people in a party. They said they found the info on some JP site.

For a minute I thought he meant in a real party... between 2 drinks someone told him about possible new expansions... lol /stagger
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

All right! When you complete the final add-on it will say that your soul been teleported to the new world of FF14 and it's now in your hands to decide your faith. Then it will gently delete your character and fireworks and moogles will pop on your screen with a picture of Sage Sundi doing a thumb up and thanking you for all the time you wasted in FFXI!

I want.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-18 12:19:59  
I know the far eastern and northern gigas homelands are referenced a fair amount, but where are the far western and great southern continents coming from?
First Page 2